Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

What’s the deal with phrasing it like this ?

I don't know.  I assume its to indicate there are no symptoms showing.  :shrug:

I've seen that phrasing on a number of people reporting their negative test results.

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:. Dont post in the other thread. Its a bunch of hungry piranhas in there. Hopefully the DR report tomorrow will be as good as it was this morning. Have a good day.  

In the other thread they all got played by Haberman and the NYT about the Dr misspeaking on the timeline. :lmao:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

FOX NEWS: Steve Scalise says coronavirus testing on Capitol Hill has been offered to Nancy Pelosi, but she turned it down

I think it's safe to say many on that side could be turning it down, positive results hitting the media won't fit the talking points. I asked if there was mandatory testing of House/Senate in one of their threads which all avoided so I figure the answer is no? If everyone isn't getting tested it's not a reasonable comparison but that's probably not wanted.

Edited by GoBirds

9 minutes ago, GoBirds said:
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

FOX NEWS: Steve Scalise says coronavirus testing on Capitol Hill has been offered to Nancy Pelosi, but she turned it down

I think it's safe to say many on that side could be turning it down, positive results hitting the media won't fit the talking points. I asked if there was mandatory testing of House/Senate in one of their threads which all avoided so I figure the answer is no? If everyone isn't getting tested it's not a reasonable comparison but that's probably not wanted.

She was tested, didn't you read the first 2 words...  "FOX NEWS" be skeptical once you read those words.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toshiba said:

She was tested, didn't you read the first 2 words...  "FOX NEWS" be skeptical once you read those words.

Sadly they do better than the liberal news sources. Are there mandatory tests for all House and Senate members? Weird people are comparing like it's apples/apples if not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:
4 minutes ago, toshiba said:

Sadly they do better than the liberal news sources. Are there mandatory tests for all House and Senate members? Weird people are comparing like it's apples/apples if not.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-pelosi-test/u-s-house-speaker-pelosis-friday-covid-19-test-is-negative-idUSKBN26N3BJ

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:   The other thread deathly (pun intended) quiet since this video was released.  

Can’t say I blame them. This is the kind of information they were getting over there.

Jon Cooper@joncoopertweets

I don’t want to be alarmist, but a GOP source just told me this: “Trump’s condition is serious. He can go either way. Despite all the meds and the presidential care, they could lose him within 3 to 4 days. They’re trying to make his condition look good to reassure his base.”

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1312479314831523840?s=21

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

Can’t say I blame them. This is the kind of information they were getting over there.

I don’t want to be alarmist, but a GOP source just told me this: “Trump’s condition is serious. He can go either way. Despite all the meds and the presidential care, they could lose him within 3 to 4 days. They’re trying to make his condition look good to reassure his base.”

Unbelievable.  They just make stuff up.  

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

I think squistion follows that guy

• Sad 1

Not really getting the move to Walter Reed.  Isn't the White House basically equipped for anything?   Knowing Trumps germophobia...... I'd say if he left a place that can be completely locked down for a hospital......it's not good.  Not saying its dire..... but he doesn't seem to be the kind of person who'd leave his home for a hospital unless ABSOLUTLY neccessary.  

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

Not really getting the move to Walter Reed.  Isn't the White House basically equipped for anything?   Knowing Trumps germophobia...... I'd say if he left a place that can be completely locked down for a hospital......it's not good.  Not saying its dire..... but he doesn't seem to be the kind of person who'd leave his home for a hospital unless ABSOLUTLY neccessary.  

Almost as if you're willing it to be worse than it is. 

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Yeah there's a ton of posts that certainly come across with a tone like they are rooting for it but the words chosen are playing by Joe's rules.  Awkward to read from them, honestly.

I feel like there's a Dennis Green quote for this. 

• Laughing 1

11 hours ago, tonydead said:

Almost as if you're willing it to be worse than it is. 

There's a difference between being a realist and an optimist.  This is politics and history.  Being an emotional optimist isn't the best lens to look at historical events through. The reality of this is that just about any time the medical world says "yes....come to the hospital"....it is worse than them saying "stay home unless things get worse".  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

There's a difference between being a realist and an optimist.  This is politics and history.  Being an emotional optimist isn't the best lens to look at historical events through. The reality of this is that just about any time the medical world says "yes....come to the hospital"....it is worse than them saying "stay home unless things get worse".  

It’s been designated a Day of Prayer for the Trump family.  All are welcome.  

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Trump on schedule to leave the hospital tomorrow.  :thumbup:

CNN and other places, ahem, still acting like something nefarious is going on. 

That would be great! Hope it happens.

However, speaking of CNN...On CNN, Dr. Sanjay Gupta is questioning how Trump could be released from the hospital tomorrow. He points out that Remdesivir is a five-day course that's supposed to be administered in the hospital. :confused:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

That would be great! Hope it happens.

However, speaking of CNN...On CNN, Dr. Sanjay Gupta is questioning how Trump could be released from the hospital tomorrow. He points out that Remdesivir is a five-day course that's supposed to be administered in the hospital. :confused:

The White House has excellent facilities and he will be able to continue his course of treatment there.

46 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

The White House has excellent facilities and he will be able to continue his course of treatment there.

If the facilities are excellent and comparable to a hospital, why didn't he just stay in the WH to begin with instead of going to Walter Reed?

Edited by squistion
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

If the facilities are excellent and comparable to a hospital, why didn't he just stay in the WH to begin with instead of going to Walter Reed?

Just being extra cautious.  He is the leader of the free world after all.  But, if you want to follow the conspiracy theories, they are in the other thread.  

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Just being extra cautious.  He is the leader of the free world after all.  

This was my take too and it remains the most likely answer. It certainly would make things a lot easier if this White House was a little more forthcoming and less contradictory about what they tell us, however. 

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

I didn't realize they had a special forum over there for Trump obsession....it's even worse? Yikes. 

Clearly this place has no love for Trump as a Trump supporter or defender it’s a tough row to hoe here no doubt.  But pound for pound vitriol it’s not even not even close.  Like Tyson v Spinks close.  

• Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Clearly this place has no love for Trump as a Trump supporter or defender it’s a tough row to hoe here no doubt.  But pound for pound vitriol it’s not even not even close.  Like Tyson v Spinks close.  

That’s funny, looks like they just have a FFA type forum with a handful of political posts....this place created an additional forum with 51 pages of mostly Trump bashing which was never allowed before this President. That bar is set pretty high. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:
26 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

That’s funny, looks like they just have a FFA type forum with a handful of political posts....this place created an additional forum with 51 pages of mostly Trump bashing which was never allowed before this President. That bar is set pretty high. 

Its like making comparison to a landfill saying they just allow everyone to throw their trash anywhere, but in a museum they force you to put your trash in the trashcan.  

landfill =  FFT

museum = FBG

trash = political discussions

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, toshiba said:

Its like making comparison to a landfill saying they just allow everyone to throw their trash anywhere, but in a museum they force you to put your trash in the trashcan.  

landfill =  FFT

museum = FBG

trash = political discussions

You guys are making me LOL, don’t think Joe likes talking bad about other sites though I’ll sit this out. 

7 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Oh yes, we never had any Obama bashing in the FFA...oh, wait...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Commander in Cheif looking good out for is Sunday drive.  :drive:  Proving all the bad wishers wrong.   

Wasn't he supposed to be in quarantine like all others who are hospitalized for a COVID infection instead of taking a joy ride?

Edited by squistion
  • Laughing 1

10 hours ago, tonydead said:

Trump on schedule to leave the hospital tomorrow.  :thumbup:

That's not what his doctors said.

"If he continues to look and feel as well as he does today, our hope is that we can plan for a discharge as early as tomorrow to the White House where he can continue his treatment course," said Dr. Brian Garibaldi.

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place