• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

41 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

OH MY GOD ITS HAPPENING!

President Trump-
I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1313640512025513984?s=21

and...................nobody cares..............giant nothing burger with mustard

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

OH MY GOD ITS HAPPENING!

President Trump-
I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1313640512025513984?s=21

Very disturbing stuff   

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/06/declassified-cia-documents-reveal-brennan-briefed-obama-on-clintons-plan-to-tie-trump-to-russia/

• Laughing 1
19 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I will choose my words carefully as others have not had similar outcomes against this wicked Chinese virus, but wow.   Trump is no longer showing symptoms.  

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/06/white-house-physician-president-donald-trump-reports-no-covid-19-symptoms/

🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Minimum 3 threads started by now if this were the other way around. :lmao:

Steve is the moderator of the next presidential debate and he thinks he's DMing Scaramucci...but he's tweeting @ him. @Scaramucci “should I respond to trump?”

https://twitter.com/stevescully/status/1314381541586464770?s=21

6 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Minimum 3 threads started by now if this were the other way around. :lmao:

Steve is the moderator of the next presidential debate and he thinks he's DMing Scaramucci...but he's tweeting @ him. @Scaramucci “should I respond to trump?”

https://twitter.com/stevescully/status/1314381541586464770?s=21

Russia better not interfere in the election but the US Media is more than welcome to.  Good times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Still not one peep from the Democrats here about this or in the debate thread. 

Tim is giving the predictable response in his thread.  It's no big deal find something else to be outraged about while still screaming about Russia.

• Laughing 2
22 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Yuge News.  Medal of Freedom winner Rush Limbaugh hosting Father Trump tomorrow.  

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/08/donald-trump-joining-the-rush-limbaugh-show-friday-for-virtual-campaign-rally/

He sounds amazing. This show is incredible and being broadcast to an audience 20 times bigger than CNN or MSDNC. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So a majority of Americans feel we are better off today than when Obama left office.   Kind of destroys the talking points in the PSF. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/08/poll-56-percent-americans-better-trump-four-years-ago/

These polls and questions always interest.  Curious what most people's definition of "better off" is? 

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

These polls and questions always interest.  Curious what most people's definition of "better off" is? 

Gallup is pretty credible.  If you factor in the reality that many people keep positive Trump comments on the down-low, the real percentage is probably pushing 70%.  

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Gallup is pretty credible.  If you factor in the reality that many people keep positive Trump comments on the down-low, the real percentage is probably pushing 70%.  

I didn't say it wasn't credible, just pondering on the question and how people define it.  

I would probably say yes to the question, but also would question how much of that has to do with any POTUS.  

35 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I didn't say it wasn't credible, just pondering on the question and how people define it.  

I would probably say yes to the question, but also would question how much of that has to do with any POTUS.  

From Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 11:05 AM ET, Fri October 9, 2020

That Gallup poll doesn't say what Donald Trump thinks it does

[...]

What the Gallup numbers suggest is that even though people feel better off than they were at this time in 2016 -- a somewhat remarkable finding given the ongoing coronavirus pandemic -- they don't ascribe that better feeling to Trump and his policies. Or even if they do give Trump credit for feeling "better off" -- usually a measure of economic stability, optimism and well-being -- there are other things they prioritize when it comes to choosing the next president.

Consider Gallup's other findings as they relate to Trump. His job approval for the month of September in Gallup polling is 44%. (That compares to 49% for Barack Obama in September 2012, 53% for George w. Bush in September 2004 and 60% for Bill Clinton in September 1996.) His personal favorability rating is 41% in Gallup's September data; at this time in 2012, Obama's personal favorable rating was 55%.

The message voters are sending is pretty clear: Many of them just don't like Trump personally.

That should be extremely worrisome for the President and his team. A majority of people feel better about their own lives than they did four years ago. With any past president, that would be a near-guarantee of a second term. Voters who feel like their own lives -- typically judged by their economic successes (or failures) -- are getting better have little interest in changing out the president.

But that's not the case here. A majority of voters are satisfied with where they are and, according to all swing state and national polling, want to replace Trump with former Vice President Joe Biden. (Biden leads Trump 53% to 42% in CNN's poll of polls.)

That's a very, very tough nut for Trump to crack -- even if he had two years to do it. But he doesn't have two years. He has 25 days. Essentially he has to figure out a way to get credit for voters' positive feelings about their personal status while also somehow convincing them to prioritize that feeling over their personal dislike for him and the way he conducts himself in office.

What that Gallup poll that Trump and his campaign have touted actually tells us is that if Trump had been, well, a whole lot less Trump-y, he might be in a strong position to win a second term. But because Trump is Trump, he has managed to separate out voters' positive feelings about their lives from their feelings about him. People feel good about their situations, and Trump doesn't benefit.

Rather than pumping up that poll as proof of his successes, Trump should see the Gallup numbers for what they actually are: A blaring warning sign that he is headed toward a loss on November 3.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/politics/gallup-poll-better-off-donald-trump/index.html

Edited by squistion
5 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

CNN spin.  

There is a disconnect between the Gallup 56% finding and Trump's dismal approval ratings and how he is polling nationally and in swing states against Biden.

One would think that either Gallup's 56% of respondents feeling better off than in 2016 is out of whack, or Trumps approval ratings and presidential polling numbers are. They shouldn't both be true...unless they do feel better but don't attribute it to Trump's policies or even like him.

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

There is a disconnect between the Gallup 56% finding and Trump's dismal approval ratings and how he is polling nationally and in swing states against Biden.

One would think that either Gallup's 56% of respondents feeling better off than in 2016 is out of whack, or Trumps approval ratings and presidential polling numbers are. They shouldn't both be true...unless they do feel better but don't attribute it to Trump's policies or even like him.

As we have all known the approval ratings are junk.  

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, squistion said:

Like I said I would vote better off.  0 chance Trump gets my vote though.  

43 minutes ago, squistion said:

From Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 11:05 AM ET, Fri October 9, 2020

That Gallup poll doesn't say what Donald Trump thinks it does

[...]

What the Gallup numbers suggest is that even though people feel better off than they were at this time in 2016 -- a somewhat remarkable finding given the ongoing coronavirus pandemic -- they don't ascribe that better feeling to Trump and his policies. Or even if they do give Trump credit for feeling "better off" -- usually a measure of economic stability, optimism and well-being -- there are other things they prioritize when it comes to choosing the next president.

Consider Gallup's other findings as they relate to Trump. His job approval for the month of September in Gallup polling is 44%. (That compares to 49% for Barack Obama in September 2012, 53% for George w. Bush in September 2004 and 60% for Bill Clinton in September 1996.) His personal favorability rating is 41% in Gallup's September data; at this time in 2012, Obama's personal favorable rating was 55%.

The message voters are sending is pretty clear: Many of them just don't like Trump personally.

That should be extremely worrisome for the President and his team. A majority of people feel better about their own lives than they did four years ago. With any past president, that would be a near-guarantee of a second term. Voters who feel like their own lives -- typically judged by their economic successes (or failures) -- are getting better have little interest in changing out the president.

But that's not the case here. A majority of voters are satisfied with where they are and, according to all swing state and national polling, want to replace Trump with former Vice President Joe Biden. (Biden leads Trump 53% to 42% in CNN's poll of polls.)

That's a very, very tough nut for Trump to crack -- even if he had two years to do it. But he doesn't have two years. He has 25 days. Essentially he has to figure out a way to get credit for voters' positive feelings about their personal status while also somehow convincing them to prioritize that feeling over their personal dislike for him and the way he conducts himself in office.

What that Gallup poll that Trump and his campaign have touted actually tells us is that if Trump had been, well, a whole lot less Trump-y, he might be in a strong position to win a second term. But because Trump is Trump, he has managed to separate out voters' positive feelings about their lives from their feelings about him. People feel good about their situations, and Trump doesn't benefit.

Rather than pumping up that poll as proof of his successes, Trump should see the Gallup numbers for what they actually are: A blaring warning sign that he is headed toward a loss on November 3.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/politics/gallup-poll-better-off-donald-trump/index.html

I have to question whether the author who wrote that piece for CNN even bothered to look at the poll.  The very first sentence of the poll says, "Results are based on telephone interviews conducted January 16-29, 2020..."  So at that point in time, COVID wasn't an issues in the United States.  

Then his position that they don't ascribe their better feelings to Trump's policies, seems like a bit of cherry picking on the authors part.  There are two questions, "Please indicate how much credit, if any, [RANDOM ORDER] deserves for the improvement in the state of the economy in the past few years - -"

Donald Trump - Great deal: 37%; Fair amount: 25%; Not much: 19%; None at all: 18%

Then there is a question, "Thinking about improvements  in the U.S. economy OVER THE PAST YEAR, how much credit do you give [RANDOM ORDER]..."

Donald Trump - Great deal: 22%; Fair amount: 27%; Not much: 26%; None at all: 24%; No opinion: 2%

So over the past few years, 62% of respondents gave Trump credit for the economy.  Over the past year only 49% gave him credit.  

On 10/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, knowledge dropper said:

Yuge News.  Medal of Freedom winner Rush Limbaugh hosting Father Trump tomorrow.  

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/08/donald-trump-joining-the-rush-limbaugh-show-friday-for-virtual-campaign-rally/

He sounded  good today and very relaxed.

Donald dropped  the F bomb :lmao:

52 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I have to question whether the author who wrote that piece for CNN even bothered to look at the poll.  The very first sentence of the poll says, "Results are based on telephone interviews conducted January 16-29, 2020..."  So at that point in time, COVID wasn't an issues in the United States.  

I am not sure what you are looking at, I edited the article, signified by [...] it the omitted part it says (you can find at link)

The Gallup data -- taken from a poll in the field from September 14 to September 29

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

He sounded  good today and very relaxed.

Donald dropped  the F bomb :lmao:

That was amazing and Trump sounded great. Listened to the entire thing going up 151 to Madison and every field is loaded with Trump signs, again. 👍

I almost forgot how great of a life Trump had before this before Rush brought it up. One of the biggest shows on tv, filthy rich, adored by the liberal media and Hollywood. Sometimes I think as a country we truly don’t deserve President Trump.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Imagine President Trump giving this answer. 

Reporter: "Don't the voters deserve to know [your position on packing the courts?]"

@JoeBiden: "No, they don't deserve"

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1314941896050061314?s=21

Almost as bad as Mike Pence refusing to say whether Trump would accept election outcome.

12 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

He doesn't deserve our vote either

I love how angry he got at the reporter as well. Notice that was a local affiliate reporter finally pressing him on this. The MSM would never press him like this. Not like it’s an important issue or anything.

• Like 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place