Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Interesting bar graph about job creation by President. Of course, Trump is the worst, but I didn't realize job creation during Carter's term was so high, he's just behind Clinton and Reagan, and ahead of Obama. Johnson was also good for job creation. 

>>In my entire adult voting life, Republican presidents have created a net 0 jobs while Democratic presidents have created 35 million jobs. True story. <<

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexmindt/status/1320341761454198784

• Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The First Daughter is now getting bigger crowds than Biden and Kamala combined.

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1321179751571226625?s=21

That doesn't mean a whole lot since Biden/Harris are not interested in campaign rallies that could potentially be super spread events like the one Ivanka is holding. I didn't see much social distancing in the crowd and I doubt most were wearing masks (although that was hard to tell from the clip).

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

That doesn't mean a whole lot since Biden/Harris are not interested in campaign rallies that could potentially be super spread events like the one Ivanka is holding. I didn't see much social distancing in the crowd and I doubt most were wearing masks (although that was hard to tell from the clip).

Biden/Harris don’t do rallies because nobody would show up. Let’s be honest here squissy.

• Thanks 3
  • Laughing 2

50 minutes ago, squistion said:

It really does show who is concerned for the public good and who is running nilly willy scared that they might lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

Trump's cash-poor campaign has all but pulled its advertising out of Florida.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-27/trump-pulls-florida-ads-as-cash-poor-campaign-enters-final-week?sref=xulwL4KH

Somehow, I don't think this is a good sign...with Florida being so crucial I would think they would be pulling out all the stops and actually increase spending to help win there.

Edited by squistion

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-27/trump-pulls-florida-ads-as-cash-poor-campaign-enters-final-week?sref=xulwL4KH

Somehow, I don't think this is a good sign...with Florida being so crucial I would think they would be pulling out all the stops and actually increase spending to help win there.

You’re golden man. Trump has no chance. He’s done. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

Bloomberg?

17 minutes ago, jerseydevil20 said:

You’re golden man. Trump has no chance. He’s done. 

I didn't suggest that, but the truth is, if he loses Florida that is probably the ball game. He can still win without it, but almost all the stars would have to align perfectly in his favor in states he won before and/or battleground states.

Cutting back advertising in this particular state a week before the election is quite puzzling to me. Maybe his internal polls show a decisive Florida victory. Perhaps they think money would be spend better elsewhere (but where and why?).  I would really like to know the reasoning behind this...

Edited by squistion

9 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Bloomberg?

From the article:

Since Labor Day, Trump has cut $24 million from his national ad budget, while former Vice President Joe Biden has added $197 million. Biden has outspent Trump three-to-one over that time nationally, according to data compiled from ad-tracking firm Advertising Analytics.

The president’s campaign still has $350,275 budgeted to spend on ads in Florida through Election Day, but has canceled $5.5 million in the final two weeks of the campaign, the data showed.

The RNC is picking up some of that slack, buying $4 million in ads beginning last week. It’s now airing an ad in Florida attacking Biden on Medicare, falsely claiming that the Biden health care plan would eliminate private health insurance.

Edited by squistion

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

I didn't suggest that, but the truth is, if he loses Florida that is probably the ball game. He can still win without it, but almost all the stars in the would have to align perfectly in his favor in states he won before and/or battleground states.

Cutting back advertising in this particular state a week before the election is quite puzzling to me. Maybe his internal polls show a decisive Florida victory. Perhaps they think money would be spend better elsewhere (but where and why?).  I would really like to know the reasoning behind this...

There’s no way to know for sure but historically they have been data driven. Given how important Florida is, and the energy he continues to pour into the campaign in these closing days, I’d guess he’s feeling confident. 

• Thinking 1

9 hours ago, McBokonon said:

"We will vanquish the vaccine" says slurring candidate running on a platform of the other guy is declining. 

He speaks like a young sleepy child. 

This is about a perfect metaphor. Use em and leave em hanging. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/28/trump-omaha-supporters-stuck-cold/

By the time President Trump finished speaking to thousands of supporters at Omaha’s Eppley Airfield on Tuesday night and jetted away on Air Force One, the temperature had plunged to nearly freezing.

But as long lines of MAGA-clad attendees queued up for buses to take them to distant parking lots, it quickly became clear that something was wrong.

The buses, the huge crowd soon learned, couldn’t navigate the jammed airport roads. For hours, attendees — including many elderly Trump supporters — stood in the cold, as police scrambled to help those most at-risk get to warmth.

At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, which monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn’t immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/28/trump-omaha-supporters-stuck-cold/

By the time President Trump finished speaking to thousands of supporters at Omaha’s Eppley Airfield on Tuesday night and jetted away on Air Force One, the temperature had plunged to nearly freezing.

But as long lines of MAGA-clad attendees queued up for buses to take them to distant parking lots, it quickly became clear that something was wrong.

The buses, the huge crowd soon learned, couldn’t navigate the jammed airport roads. For hours, attendees — including many elderly Trump supporters — stood in the cold, as police scrambled to help those most at-risk get to warmth.

At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, which monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn’t immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.

Logistics can be challenging in such events. I'm surprised that buses were used to transport so many people in the middle of a pandemic on a cold night. How many were wearing masks, and social distancing during the bus ride? Sadly, there could be more Herman Cains in a month or two. 

12 hours ago, squistion said:

He's so confident.......I think he's going to give the money back to the people who sent it.

11 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

If you didn't believe the data from a couple of weeks ago, what makes you believe it's true now?

i never believed it the whole time.   I've been saying Trump would win in a landslide since the riots broke out in June.  Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind.

Now if Biden and all the Democrat run cities clamped down on the violence, and Biden had run a serious campaign (even with his obvious mental decline) then I would have not been confident at all.   But they didn't and Bidens campaign has actually gotten worse.   At the end of the day, people vote for their wallet and their safety.   Trump wins by quite a bit on both of those issues.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

The guy can't organize a rally but we're supposed to give him 4 more years?

46 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

i never believed it the whole time.   I've been saying Trump would win in a landslide since the riots broke out in June.  Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind.

Now if Biden and all the Democrat run cities clamped down on the violence, and Biden had run a serious campaign (even with his obvious mental decline) then I would have not been confident at all.   But they didn't and Bidens campaign has actually gotten worse.   At the end of the day, people vote for their wallet and their safety.   Trump wins by quite a bit on both of those issues.

Yeaahhh........ you might want to rethink that.  

33 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

It’s like blaming Bob Kraft for traffic problems after a Patriots game held in inclement weather.  Good stuff from the Washington Post and their followers.  

I don't recall that Bob Kraft ever agreed to transport hundreds of people to and from a Patriots game then left them stranded for hours in freezing weather after the game because of traffic problems.

It was a major screw up by Trump's staff and should have been anticipated by the event organizers. I assume the Trump people coordinated this with local Omaha RNC/GOP/Republicans who presumably would have known that the roads leading to the airport would be clogged.

Lots of positive vibes coming out of this article. 

October 28, 2020

Ronna McDaniel's Twitter feed tells you what the polls are missing

By Andrea Widburg

If you pay attention only to the polls and the mainstream media narrative, you'll believe that, even though the presidential race is tightening, Biden still maintains a lead and can handily win the upcoming election.  However, if you look at the information on the Twitter feed of Ronna McDaniel, the GOP chairwoman, you'll see an entirely different story and one that is more in sync with Trump's well attended rallies compared to Biden's anemic afternoon teas.

Today, Joe Biden shuffled out of his basement for another one of his "rallies."  It was an embarrassment:

Meanwhile, Donald Trump is doing two to three rallies a day, every day, and looking more vibrant and alive with each passing appearance before tens of thousands of people.

The interesting question, and the one the mainstream media would prefer you don't ask, is who are the people attending Biden's rallies?  As was the case in 2016, the Trump campaign and the GOP are paying close attention to the people showing up.  Here are data that McDaniel published from the last several Trump rallies.  In tweet after tweet, pay attention to the number of non-Republicans at the rallies and the number of people who did not support Trump in 2016.  The Midwestern numbers are extraordinary.

Just as we had the famous Reagan Democrats, it looks as if this election is going to see a huge number of Trump Democrats.  Those voters aren't necessarily going to appear in traditional polling.  Likewise, to the extent that almost all polling outfits, in the days before the election, focus on people who have a track record of voting, these enthusiastic newbies also aren't getting counted.

Now add in the number of African-Americans who support Trump.  Just three days ago, Rasmussen reported that 46% of blacks approve of Trump:

If blacks are indeed switching their allegiance to Trump and away from the Democrat party that's exploited them for so long, that's a devastating blow to the Democrats.  Moreover, Trump either has either maintained the solid support he had in 2016 from Hispanics or has strengthened that support (depending upon which polls you're relying).

Media outlets also say that early voting hugely favors Biden, but that's not true, either.  For more information on that Democrat disappointment, you have to look to Australia, where a news outfit put together an excellent segment showing that Biden has a pretty small lead over Trump in early voting.  Moreover, given the number of non-Republicans showing up at the Trump rallies, no one should assume that all of the Democrats who voted early are, in fact, voting for Biden:

What's apparent is that, despite Trump's tweets, which purists and snobs deplore (and supporters adore), and despite the insanity of 2020, Trump has expanded his base.  Moreover, when you see thousands of people lining up to attend his rallies, no matter the weather, you've got to believe that they're also going to make the effort to vote:

An estimated 65% of Americans are allegedly planning to vote this year.  This means that, if you're voting in person, vote now.  Don't wait until November 3.  The high voter turnout could find you standing in line for hours or, even worse, being unable to vote.

As Sean Hannity has said, everyone should assume that his vote will be the one that makes the difference — and that's true whether you're in a blue or a red state.  After all, even though the popular vote is constitutionally irrelevant, the best outcome is one that sees the Democrats realize that they haven't just lost by a little; they've lost by a lot.  (And yes, I'm assuming a Trump victory.  I can't help this creeping optimism.)

Image: Data from Trump rally in Wisconsin.  Twitter screen grab.

17 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Lots of positive vibes coming out of this article. 

October 28, 2020

Ronna McDaniel's Twitter feed tells you what the polls are missing

By Andrea Widburg

If you pay attention only to the polls and the mainstream media narrative, you'll believe that, even though the presidential race is tightening, Biden still maintains a lead and can handily win the upcoming election.  However, if you look at the information on the Twitter feed of Ronna McDaniel, the GOP chairwoman, you'll see an entirely different story and one that is more in sync with Trump's well attended rallies compared to Biden's anemic afternoon teas.

Today, Joe Biden shuffled out of his basement for another one of his "rallies."  It was an embarrassment:

Meanwhile, Donald Trump is doing two to three rallies a day, every day, and looking more vibrant and alive with each passing appearance before tens of thousands of people.

The interesting question, and the one the mainstream media would prefer you don't ask, is who are the people attending Biden's rallies?  As was the case in 2016, the Trump campaign and the GOP are paying close attention to the people showing up.  Here are data that McDaniel published from the last several Trump rallies.  In tweet after tweet, pay attention to the number of non-Republicans at the rallies and the number of people who did not support Trump in 2016.  The Midwestern numbers are extraordinary.

Just as we had the famous Reagan Democrats, it looks as if this election is going to see a huge number of Trump Democrats.  Those voters aren't necessarily going to appear in traditional polling.  Likewise, to the extent that almost all polling outfits, in the days before the election, focus on people who have a track record of voting, these enthusiastic newbies also aren't getting counted.

Now add in the number of African-Americans who support Trump.  Just three days ago, Rasmussen reported that 46% of blacks approve of Trump:

If blacks are indeed switching their allegiance to Trump and away from the Democrat party that's exploited them for so long, that's a devastating blow to the Democrats.  Moreover, Trump either has either maintained the solid support he had in 2016 from Hispanics or has strengthened that support (depending upon which polls you're relying).

Media outlets also say that early voting hugely favors Biden, but that's not true, either.  For more information on that Democrat disappointment, you have to look to Australia, where a news outfit put together an excellent segment showing that Biden has a pretty small lead over Trump in early voting.  Moreover, given the number of non-Republicans showing up at the Trump rallies, no one should assume that all of the Democrats who voted early are, in fact, voting for Biden:

What's apparent is that, despite Trump's tweets, which purists and snobs deplore (and supporters adore), and despite the insanity of 2020, Trump has expanded his base.  Moreover, when you see thousands of people lining up to attend his rallies, no matter the weather, you've got to believe that they're also going to make the effort to vote:

An estimated 65% of Americans are allegedly planning to vote this year.  This means that, if you're voting in person, vote now.  Don't wait until November 3.  The high voter turnout could find you standing in line for hours or, even worse, being unable to vote.

As Sean Hannity has said, everyone should assume that his vote will be the one that makes the difference — and that's true whether you're in a blue or a red state.  After all, even though the popular vote is constitutionally irrelevant, the best outcome is one that sees the Democrats realize that they haven't just lost by a little; they've lost by a lot.  (And yes, I'm assuming a Trump victory.  I can't help this creeping optimism.)

Image: Data from Trump rally in Wisconsin.  Twitter screen grab.

Why do the Trump supporters here have such a hard time posting a link rather than cut/paste an entire article. While I appreciate having the info posted I’d also like to know where it originates, because there’s a lot of partisan sources out there these days, and it’s important to know where information is coming from.

17 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Why do the Trump supporters here have such a hard time posting a link rather than cut/paste an entire article. While I appreciate having the info posted I’d also like to know where it originates, because there’s a lot of partisan sources out there these days, and it’s important to know where information is coming from.

Good point   Google cannot be trusted   

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/10/ronna_mcdaniels_twitter_feed_tells_you_what_the_polls_are_missing.html?fbclid=IwAR0dPKA0mArZSXTP-E487q2aLRJeeqPp157LWeBPl6yDI6Pp1G8KGfzi-Dg

• Like 1

Also the American Thinker:

PepsiCo, who make Doritos (through subsidiary Frito-Lay), are producing a homosexual version of Doritos called "Rainbow Doritos."  Doritos are a product marketed to children, so they make the perfect gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality.

The chips come in several colors.  The green are homosexual, the pink are lesbian, and the purple ones are transgendered Doritos.  These last are Doritos that look purple but actually feel yellow and demand the right to commingle in the snack bags that have only yellow ones.

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

PepsiCo, who make Doritos (through subsidiary Frito-Lay), are producing a homosexual version of Doritos called "Rainbow Doritos."  Doritos are a product marketed to children, so they make the perfect gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality.

The chips come in several colors.  The green are homosexual, the pink are lesbian, and the purple ones are transgendered Doritos.  These last are Doritos that look purple but actually feel yellow and demand the right to commingle in the snack bags that have only yellow ones.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I’ll pass on the Doritos offer.  

So today Trump is in my old neck of the woods and I don't understand why. The area is like 95% super far right/red Republican. The area votes as well. 

Yes, AZ is presently considered a swing state and there probably are some areas that he needs to drum up support, but strategy-wise I don't get it. 

2 hours ago, Zow said:

So today Trump is in my old neck of the woods and I don't understand why. The area is like 95% super far right/red Republican. The area votes as well. 

Yes, AZ is presently considered a swing state and there probably are some areas that he needs to drum up support, but strategy-wise I don't get it. 

He just likes to be surrounded by his own people.

• Thanks 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place