Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

He’s a narcissist who needs to be loved. That’s really it.

I'd assume as a narcissist he'd want to win. I don't know how is rally today accomplishes that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

I'd assume as a narcissist he'd want to win. I don't know how is rally today accomplishes that. 

He’s also not very bright or strategic. I think his need for adulation might drown out his advisors’ suggestion that maybe they should go to Scottsdale. His brain isn’t normal, it’s important to really internalize that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

He’s also not very bright or strategic. I think his need for adulation might drown out his advisors’ suggestion that maybe they should go to Scottsdale. His brain isn’t normal, it’s important to really internalize that.

Yeah I suppose. 

If I were him I'd have gone to Flagstaff or Tucson. I think he was scheduled to come here before he got Covid (or maybe that was Pence). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zow said:

Yeah I suppose. 

If I were him I'd have gone to Flagstaff or Tucson. I think he was scheduled to come here before he got Covid (or maybe that was Pence). 

I know Pence canceled when we had spikes.

Trump also seems to be just going with a base turnout strategy so that could be another reason he went where he went. He doesn’t really try to win over anyone who doesn’t already like him; he just insults them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I know Pence canceled when we had spikes.

Trump also seems to be just going with a base turnout strategy so that could be another reason he went where he went. He doesn’t really try to win over anyone who doesn’t already like him; he just insults them.

I believe that mathematically that is a losing strategy. With that strategy, Biden just needs to turn out more in certain states than Hillary did - which seems super attainable. 

Was listening to a gambling podcast yesterday and Biden is being valued at a 1-3 favorite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

I believe that mathematically that is a losing strategy. With that strategy, Biden just needs to turn out more in certain states than Hillary did - which seems super attainable. 

Was listening to a gambling podcast yesterday and Biden is being valued at a 1-3 favorite. 

It’s definitely a losing strategy. But he fires anyone who might disagree with him so “Sure boss let’s go to Bullhead City.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yak651 said:

So IF Trump doesn’t win, is he still going to have these rallies after Nov 3rd?

I don’t know. I figured he would do these as long as he can stand. He needs the affirmation and he’ll always be an ex-president so his people will turn out, but he won’t have a campaign to finance them and he’s kinda broke so I doubt he would pay himself. I guess most ex-prez get top dollars to do speeches but I don’t think the crowd he does these rallies for are the big money people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the NYT pushed their fake “high level anonymous source” story for 2 years who was really just the coffee boy and Never Trumpers are evening calling out the media con job. Just unreal the corruption in the media. 

 

AJ Delgado@AJDelgado13

The funny part here is Miles Taylor was not / never was a "senior official."

Y'all got conned into buying a book thinking it was someone at like, say, Kellyanne's level.

Trump couldn't pick this guy out a line-up.

https://twitter.com/ajdelgado13/status/1321536593258315776?s=21

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, yak651 said:

So IF Trump doesn’t win, is he still going to have these rallies after Nov 3rd?

The Democratic party should be scared going forward.  With Trump in their corner, the Republican party is super unified.  Imagine a traditional politician (like say Ted Cruz), with Trump campaigning for him around the country, running on a similar platform as today without the personality negatives that turn off a lot of voters.  The independents would flock to the right, especially if the running opponent is an uber-progressive like Kamala Harris.    

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Capella said:

I don’t know. I figured he would do these as long as he can stand. He needs the affirmation and he’ll always be an ex-president so his people will turn out, but he won’t have a campaign to finance them and he’s kinda broke so I doubt he would pay himself. I guess most ex-prez get top dollars to do speeches but I don’t think the crowd he does these rallies for are the big money people. 

Damn trump for being for the people and not the big money players. 

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

So the NYT pushed their fake “high level anonymous source” story for 2 years who was really just the coffee boy and Never Trumpers are evening calling out the media con job. Just unreal the corruption in the media. 

 

AJ Delgado@AJDelgado13

The funny part here is Miles Taylor was not / never was a "senior official."

Y'all got conned into buying a book thinking it was someone at like, say, Kellyanne's level.

Trump couldn't pick this guy out a line-up.

https://twitter.com/ajdelgado13/status/1321536593258315776?s=21

Yes!  
 

This was disgusting.  A White House tour guide probably had as much inside information as this kid.  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Capella said:

You.....seemed to miss the point. 

I took it as you implying that Trump wont have the same success selling speeches for 500k a pop because the people he appeals to don't have that kind of money.

Cant wait to see what his multi-million dollar "book deal" comes out to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

GDP up 33% in Q3. But Orange Man Bad!

Deficit spending, that's easy and bipartisan, but it was necessary. Still below last year at this time and there's lots of remaining pain from job losses. BTW, the quarterly GDP growth is 7.4%. Let's see what happens when the effects from government stimulus goes away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Deficit spending, that's easy and bipartisan, but it was necessary. Still below last year at this time and there's lots of remaining pain from job losses. BTW, the quarterly GDP growth is 7.4%. Let's see what happens when the effects from government stimulus goes away. 

We should also factor in what happens when the economy opens up at 100%.  Personal consumption expenditures increases led by healthcare and food services led the way for this boom.  Once food service establishments can open at 100% capacity, personal consumption expenditures will cause the GDP to rise again.  Another factor was auto sales/exports and home sale commissions.  It doesn't really matter who wins the election, the GDP is going to rise in the next few quarters as more and more states continue to relax their restrictions on businesses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

We should also factor in what happens when the economy opens up at 100%.  Personal consumption expenditures increases led by healthcare and food services led the way for this boom.  Once food service establishments can open at 100% capacity, personal consumption expenditures will cause the GDP to rise again.  Another factor was auto sales/exports and home sale commissions.  It doesn't really matter who wins the election, the GDP is going to rise in the next few quarters as more and more states continue to relax their restrictions on businesses.

Correct. Did home sales commissions really contribute alot? It wouldn't surprise me. But there's talk in South Florida about a real estate bubble as prices accelerate to all-time highs. This could occur regardless of who's in office. 

The difference between the 2 parties seems to be how much more stimulus is needed. We've been there before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Correct. Did home sales commissions really contribute alot? It wouldn't surprise me. But there's talk in South Florida about a real estate bubble as prices accelerate to all-time highs. This could occur regardless of who's in office. 

The difference between the 2 parties seems to be how much more stimulus is needed. We've been there before.

Here's what the GDP report said: 

"The increase in real GDP reflected increases in personal consumption expenditures (PCE), private inventory investment, exports, nonresidential fixed investment, and residential fixed investment that were partly offset by decreases in federal government spending (reflecting fewer fees paid to administer the Paycheck Protection Program loans) and state and local government spending. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP, increased (table 2).

The increase in PCE reflected increases in services (led by health care as well as food services and accommodations) and goods (led by motor vehicles and parts as well as clothing and footwear). The increase in private inventory investment primarily reflected an increase in retail trade (led by motor vehicle dealers). The increase in exports primarily reflected an increase in goods (led by automotive vehicles, engines, and parts as well as capital goods). The increase in nonresidential fixed investment primarily reflected an increase in equipment (led by transportation equipment). The increase in residential fixed investment primarily reflected an increase in brokers' commissions and other ownership transfer costs."

EDIT: https://www.bea.gov/news/2020/gross-domestic-product-third-quarter-2020-advance-estimate

If you go into the tables and go to Table 2 you can see what went up and what went down.  Residential fixed investment accounted for a 2.09% increase.  

Edited by Snotbubbles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Not sure I'd go that high.  Thinking 10, maybe upwards of 12%.  Bush got 11% in 2004.  If Trump can get that, he'll be in good shape.

I feel better about black support for Trump in 2020 than in 2016.

He lost a portion of the black vote for how he is portrayed by the media as a racist and that voting block wont swing.

He has done some good things for the black community with prison reform and low unemployment. Immigration enforcement is also an underplayed issue to the black community. 

Black voices, especially young black voices are now in the mainstream. Candice Owens, John James, Kimberly Klacik appeal to the community more than anyone did in 2016. 

Ice Cube, 50 cent, Kanye to some extent arent endorcing Biden.

I also think Biden's "you ain't black" comments stuck with the community. That quote is still referenced every day. That comment along with Biden's crime bill background will give plenty of pause to people voting the status quo.

Charlamaegne and the kid at Biden's town hall asked him point blank what he plans to do to earn the black vote and he provides subpar answers. 

There are plenty of things to point to that would support an increase in the black R voting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

I feel better about black support for Trump in 2020 than in 2016.

He lost a portion of the black vote for how he is portrayed by the media as a racist and that voting block wont swing.

He has done some good things for the black community with prison reform and low unemployment. Immigration enforcement is also an underplayed issue to the black community. 

Black voices, especially young black voices are now in the mainstream. Candice Owens, John James, Kimberly Klacik appeal to the community more than anyone did in 2016. 

Ice Cube, 50 cent, Kanye to some extent arent endorcing Biden.

I also think Biden's "you ain't black" comments stuck with the community. That quote is still referenced every day. That comment along with Biden's crime bill background will give plenty of pause to people voting the status quo.

Charlamaegne and the kid at Biden's town hall asked him point blank what he plans to do to earn the black vote and he provides subpar answers. 

There are plenty of things to point to that would support an increase in the black R voting. 

That kids reaction at the town hall was classic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

The Democratic party should be scared going forward.  With Trump in their corner, the Republican party is super unified.  Imagine a traditional politician (like say Ted Cruz), with Trump campaigning for him around the country, running on a similar platform as today without the personality negatives that turn off a lot of voters.  The independents would flock to the right, especially if the running opponent is an uber-progressive like Kamala Harris.    

I'm not going to worry about events that far ahead.  Just concerned with the now   🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I'm assuming he's just buttering Trump up for a high stakes golf match where Nicklas can take advantage of Trump's vanity handicap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, McBokonon said:

It’s definitely a losing strategy. But he fires anyone who might disagree with him so “Sure boss let’s go to Bullhead City.”

I'd be genuinely shocked if Trump had even heard of Bullhead City prior. Maybe he heard of it in connection to Laughlin (if he ever considered a property in Laughlin back in the day before he couldn't own casinos)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

I feel better about black support for Trump in 2020 than in 2016.

He lost a portion of the black vote for how he is portrayed by the media as a racist and that voting block wont swing.

He has done some good things for the black community with prison reform and low unemployment. Immigration enforcement is also an underplayed issue to the black community. 

Black voices, especially young black voices are now in the mainstream. Candice Owens, John James, Kimberly Klacik appeal to the community more than anyone did in 2016. 

Ice Cube, 50 cent, Kanye to some extent arent endorcing Biden.

I also think Biden's "you ain't black" comments stuck with the community. That quote is still referenced every day. That comment along with Biden's crime bill background will give plenty of pause to people voting the status quo.

Charlamaegne and the kid at Biden's town hall asked him point blank what he plans to do to earn the black vote and he provides subpar answers. 

There are plenty of things to point to that would support an increase in the black R voting. 

But the whole enabling White Supremacist thing hurts him.  That's one thing that Biden doesn't do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Please elaborate.  

Off the top of my head...

Following Charlottesville, saying that there "were good people on both sides"

Addressing the Proud Boys, telling them to "stand back and stand by".

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

Off the top of my head...

Following Charlottesville, saying that there "were good people on both side"

Addressing the Proud Boys, telling them to "stand back and stand by".

Nope not gonna let you get away with Charlottesville?  This one has been so misconstrued by the fake media.  Here's the relevant portion of the transcript

"QUESTION: Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?

TRUMP: I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this. You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch. But there is another side. There was a group on this side, you can call them the left. You’ve just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... on both sides, sir?

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Well, I do think there’s blame -- yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. You look at -- you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: And -- and -- and if you reported it accurately, you would say (inaudible).

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: (inaudible) started this (inaudible) Charlottesville. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same (inaudible)…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So, will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me -- are we going to take down -- are we going to take down statues to George Washington?

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: OK. Good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue? So you know what? It’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people, and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You’ve got -- you had a lot of bad -- you had a lot of bad people in the other group…

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... treated unfairly (inaudible) you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? (inaudible) understand what you’re saying.

TRUMP: No, no. There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know -- I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So, I only tell you this, there are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country (sic). Does anybody have a final -- doesn’t anybody have a -- you have an infrastructure…"

So you see if the media didn't have an agenda against Trump and reported the quote properly and within context you would see that he "condemned totally" neo-Nazis and white nationalists in his answer.  He called the people "on both sides" that were there peacefully protesting "fine people".  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Nope not gonna let you get away with Charlottesville?  This one has been so misconstrued by the fake media.  Here's the relevant portion of the transcript

"QUESTION: Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?

TRUMP: I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this. You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch. But there is another side. There was a group on this side, you can call them the left. You’ve just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... on both sides, sir?

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Well, I do think there’s blame -- yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. You look at -- you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: And -- and -- and if you reported it accurately, you would say (inaudible).

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: (inaudible) started this (inaudible) Charlottesville. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same (inaudible)…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So, will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me -- are we going to take down -- are we going to take down statues to George Washington?

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: OK. Good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue? So you know what? It’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people, and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You’ve got -- you had a lot of bad -- you had a lot of bad people in the other group…

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... treated unfairly (inaudible) you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? (inaudible) understand what you’re saying.

TRUMP: No, no. There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know -- I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So, I only tell you this, there are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country (sic). Does anybody have a final -- doesn’t anybody have a -- you have an infrastructure…"

So you see if the media didn't have an agenda against Trump and reported the quote properly and within context you would see that he "condemned totally" neo-Nazis and white nationalists in his answer.  He called the people "on both sides" that were there peacefully protesting "fine people".  

Here's a question and I am not sure if there's much data on this.  How many White Nationalist marches or parades happened during Obama's 8 years compared with Trump's 4 years?

Being from Canada, I was just surprised that these still existed.  It seems from my perspective that racism was hidden for the last number of years, but now it seems to be out in the open under Trump.  Like these people are emboldened.  Again, just my perspective.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

The Democratic party should be scared going forward.  With Trump in their corner, the Republican party is super unified.  Imagine a traditional politician (like say Ted Cruz), with Trump campaigning for him around the country, running on a similar platform as today without the personality negatives that turn off a lot of voters.  The independents would flock to the right, especially if the running opponent is an uber-progressive like Kamala Harris.    

LOL at many things here but especially the thought that Trump would ever do something to benefit someone other than himself.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...