What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

So putting aside the ugly racist nature of Trump’s tweets, what he’s done yesterday and today was a huge blunder in terms of politics. Only 48 hours ago there was a real problem with the Democratic Party. That problem is gone. The AOCs and Pelosis are still going to fight each other, but first they’re going to unite against the greater threat. Furthermore, Trump is continuing to lose the middle and they aren’t coming back. 

Michigan- gone. Wisconsin- gone. Pennsylvania- gone. All 3 are going blue, and if you want to choose a date that this was cemented in stone it was July 14, 2019. Trump’s already a lame duck. 

Last week Pelosi was the racist 

this week Donald is the racist

Im sensing a trend
What did you think of what Trump said though. Did you think it was very smart of him? Do you agree with him?

If I we’re in Trump’s camp I’d be upset with him for it. I don’t see how it can help him at all. I think he’d do himself a favor by keeping quiet more often. 

So putting aside the ugly racist nature of Trump’s tweets, what he’s done yesterday and today was a huge blunder in terms of politics. Only 48 hours ago there was a real problem with the Democratic Party. That problem is gone. The AOCs and Pelosis are still going to fight each other, but first they’re going to unite against the greater threat. Furthermore, Trump is continuing to lose the middle and they aren’t coming back. 

Michigan- gone. Wisconsin- gone. Pennsylvania- gone. All 3 are going blue, and if you want to choose a date that this was cemented in stone it was July 14, 2019. Trump’s already a lame duck. 
Care to post anything from anywhere to support this line of thinking?  Anything showing Mich, Wisc or Penn as a true blue state now, anything?

Your jedi mind tricks don't work in here.  If only you had as much confidence in the Bruins

I’ve asked you not to follow be around. I feel bad for you the way you act. Please move on. 
I don’t and am not following you around.

And more personal comments...again hypocritical given how much you complain about the discourse of the board.

The point is you do exactly what you claim not to do in this thread, calling what I posted a fishing expedition/trolling simply because I didn't agree with you, its pretty much what you do.  This is the one Pro Trump thread among a thousand anti Trump threads, why are you here?  Its not for debate or discussion purposes as you have posted ZERO posts of substance in this thread 
I called it fishing based on what you said and bringing other board stuff (and false assertions at that) here.  It had zero to do with disagreeing with me.  And it would be a lie to claim

I've posted nothing of substance in this thread.  Now care to post about something other than me?

Care to post anything from anywhere to support this line of thinking?  Anything showing Mich, Wisc or Penn as a true blue state now, anything?
Sure: 

1. Current polling in those 3 states. 

2. Current polling in those 3 states of suburban women- they were the key to Trump’s win in 2016, and the key to his defeat in 2020. 

3. 2018 results in those 3 states. 

Trump (or his handlers) know exactly what the score is.

Say something terrible(and I gotta say, it was pretty low) and watch the left..

LOSE THEIR MINDS!!
It's not just the left.

From conservative commentator George Will: "I believe that what this president has done to our culture, to our civic discourse ... you cannot unring these bells and you cannot unsay what he has said, and you cannot change that he has now in a very short time made it seem normal for schoolboy taunts and obvious lies to be spun out in a constant stream. I think this will do more lasting damage than Richard Nixon's surreptitious burglaries did."

I called it fishing based on what you said and bringing other board stuff (and false assertions at that) here.  It had zero to do with disagreeing with me.  And it would be a lie to claim

I've posted nothing of substance in this thread.  Now care to post about something other than me?
I bet you have 40 posts in this thread today alone.   And probably 38 of them with zero substance going back and forth with posters.  Fun way to spend your Monday, eh?

This forum has been filled with Trump hate posts since its inception.  A subculture has been created here where people with fringe mindsets have felt comfortable feeding off others fringe beliefs.  They have convinced themselves that they have a normal perspective and have successfully ran off many with opinions and ideas that are actually not fringein the real world. 

This thread has upset their world.  One place where their beliefs are scoffed at.  It may be shattering the illusion that they have created.  In an attempt to keep this illusion alive and realize it’s boring in their homogeneous echo chamber, they are coming into this one thread to attempt to validate themselves like ants to a picnic.   

STOP SAYING THAT. 

We need to act like he's the favorite and go out and destroy him in 2020.
What we do means very little. What happens in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania means everything and you needn’t worry that my overconfidence will hurt their motivation. Their motivation (suburban women, progressives, minorities- the “Obama coalition”) will be the greatest it’s ever been. No matter who the candidate is. 

What did you think of what Trump said though. Did you think it was very smart of him? Do you agree with him?

If I we’re in Trump’s camp I’d be upset with him for it. I don’t see how it can help him at all. I think he’d do himself a favor by keeping quiet more often. 
That's not who he is.  The delivery was bad, he left the tweets open to way too much criticism with the wording he used.  He would have been much better off just calling them out for the Anti American rhetoric than to take the route he did.  But you take the good with the bad, I understand his point, stop bad mouthing the country when your origins, recent origins, are from a place or places much worse off than the USA  

That's not who he is.  The delivery was bad, he left the tweets open to way too much criticism with the wording he used.  He would have been much better off just calling them out for the Anti American rhetoric than to take the route he did.  But you take the good with the bad, I understand his point, stop bad mouthing the country when your origins, recent origins, are from a place or places much worse off than the USA  
Whose recent origins are you talking about? And what does “bad mouthing the USA” mean exactly? Care to offer examples of “bad mouthing the USA?” 

This forum has been filled with Trump hate posts since its inception.  A subculture has been created here where people with fringe mindsets have felt comfortable feeding off others fringe beliefs.  They have convinced themselves that they have a normal perspective and have successfully ran off many with opinions and ideas that are actually not fringein the real world. 

This thread has upset their world.  One place where their beliefs are scoffed at.  It may be shattering the illusion that they have created.  In an attempt to keep this illusion alive and realize it’s boring in their homogeneous echo chamber, they are coming into this one thread to attempt to validate themselves like ants to a picnic.   
That is an interesting opinion. 

Disliking Trump isn’t  a fringe mindset.

His whole persona pre election was badmouthing the country.  What a mess it was.

It's not just the left.

From conservative commentator George Will: "I believe that what this president has done to our culture, to our civic discourse ... you cannot unring these bells and you cannot unsay what he has said, and you cannot change that he has now in a very short time made it seem normal for schoolboy taunts and obvious lies to be spun out in a constant stream. I think this will do more lasting damage than Richard Nixon's surreptitious burglaries did."
Will is irrelevant today and very bitter . Extremely bitter.

Show I was in here posting just fine without you, I actually answer the one post you had that was relevant and that why a liberal would support and continue to support Trump, you didn't like the answer and called it a fishing trip,  Its there for all to see, page 55.

Oh and BTW, you called it a fishing trip long before I ever mentioned the other board, nice try, again there for all see on page 55

What about Trump makes you think that’s not who he is?  If he truly is not that way then he does a terrible job of portraying it. He seems to have a long enough history of saying and doing things like this for people to believe he really is racist or a bigot. He does himself zero favors when he tweets or even speaks publicly off script. How does anyone actually know who the real Trump is?

It’s almost like the left wing that has engulfed the Democrat Party has a problem with old white people.  Lots of old white people in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.  And they vote.
There’s not enough of them voting for Trump. Not this time. 

Sure: 

1. Current polling in those 3 states. 

2. Current polling in those 3 states of suburban women- they were the key to Trump’s win in 2016, and the key to his defeat in 2020. 

3. 2018 results in those 3 states. 
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear, something other tha you typing it, like actual proof/links

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear, something other tha you typing it, like actual proof/links
I’ve posted them before, in this thread. Go to Real Clear Politics or 538 if you want to see the latest and cumulative polling in those 3 states. 

Show I was in here posting just fine without you, I actually answer the one post you had that was relevant and that why a liberal would support and continue to support Trump, you didn't like the answer and called it a fishing trip,  Its there for all to see, page 55.

Oh and BTW, you called it a fishing trip long before I ever mentioned the other board, nice try, again there for all see on page 55
Yes. When rather than a discussion you proclaim that all you said was true as far as option s(when discussing someone claiming to be socially very liberal)...it was a fishing like response.  You proceeded to prove me right with the other talk. As for posting just fine... I wasn't even the first to accuse you of fishing.

48 hours later and it seems that Trump's "go back from where you came from" tweet was wildly effective. No push back of any merit from anyone that matters on the right. The base and followers are blowing it off if not fully embracing it.  This is not a surprising moment .. more like a clarifying moment (if one has been paying attention).

People in WI will vote for Trump if the stock market/economy stays hot.  We don’t have west coast values in the Midwest.
The stock market was hot in November of 2018 when your state was part of the blue wave and exit polling showed that the vast majority of your suburban women were disgusted with Donald Trump. I think you’re misjudging your voters. 

48 hours later and it seems that Trump's "go back from where you came from" tweet was wildly effective. No push back of any merit from anyone that matters on the right. The base and followers are blowing it off if not fully embracing it.  This is not a surprising moment .. more like a clarifying moment (if one has been paying attention).
I don’t think it was effective at all. It’s divided the right (at least 14 GOP Congressmen and Senators have condemned it now) and unified the left. 

The stock market was hot in November of 2018 when your state was part of the blue wave and exit polling showed that the vast majority of your suburban women were disgusted with Donald Trump. I think you’re misjudging your voters. 
Nope I think you don’t understand WI.  Way different out here then CA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread