• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

17 minutes ago, jerseydevil20 said:

There is just not excitement out there for Biden.  None. 

Agreed.  Dems picked the most milquetoast candidate possible.  Still, you can get Trump at +145 on the betting lines.  Thinking of using my HELOC which had a zero balance and putting $100k on Donald.  Free $45K!  That pays for my sons first year of college (in state). 

You guys loading up on this opportunity?  Not as good as 2016, but free money is quite nice. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, squistion said:

That it is all very nice, but can you show where a celebrity endorsement has had any effect whatsoever on any presidential election?

And it is quite amusing that Republicans now care what celebrities think. 

Bobby Orr likes Trump. That's enough to pull my ballot out of that mailbox right now.

40 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Agreed.  Dems picked the most milquetoast candidate possible.  Still, you can get Trump at +145 on the betting lines.  Thinking of using my HELOC which had a zero balance and putting $100k on Donald.  Free $45K!  That pays for my sons first year of college (in state). 

You guys loading up on this opportunity?  Not as good as 2016, but free money is quite nice. 

Tried to get some FBG odds in the confidence thread, but no takers. 7:1 is nowhere to be found this time around.

President Trump is holding his Minnesota rally and the police (who the Minnesota Democrats tried to defund) stood aside. :lmao:

Your far-left Dem Attorney General, and your Dem Governor tried to shut down our rally, silence the people of Minnesota, and take away your freedom of assembly. They thought we would cancel – but I said NO WAY, I will NEVER abandon the people of Minnesota!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1322328509923028995?s=21

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Catturd ™

@catturd2

Hillary Clinton was the worst presidential candidate I’ve ever seen.

Joe Biden ... “Hold my trunalimunumaprzure.”

Trump: Wait until I finish my hamberder and covfefe.

• Laughing 1
2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Bobby Orr likes Trump. That's enough to pull my ballot out of that mailbox right now.

If I hadn't already voted for Biden, both Favre's and Orr's endorsements would have turned me away, because as a Lightning and Lions fan, I hate the Bruins and Packers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Lil Pump on the Trump Train 👍

https://twitter.com/lisamarieboothe/status/1322172901920022528?s=21

If Brett Favre, Jack Nicklaus, Lil Wayne, and Lil Pump all support Trump, imagine what kind of broad coalition exists out there in the electorate.

Huh.

Jack Nicklaus.

think about it.

2 minutes ago, shadrap said:

Huh.

Jack Nicklaus.

think about it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/11/trump-jack-nicklaus-1259949

Trump's budget would steer $20M to Jack Nicklaus-backed hospital project

By DAN DIAMOND 03/11/2019 

The White House's proposed budget includes funding for a small children's health program sought by one of President Donald Trump's golfing buddies: Jack Nicklaus.

Under the administration's fiscal 2020 funding plan released Monday, HHS would steer $20 million toward a mobile children's hospital project at Miami's Nicklaus Children's Hospital, named for the legendary golfer.

Yeah, think about it...I'm sure that $20 million had nothing to do with this endorsement.

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

4 years ago I took 7-1 odds at $50.  never got paid.  I even said I would give it to charity & prove it.  never got paid.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, squistion said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/11/trump-jack-nicklaus-1259949

Trump's budget would steer $20M to Jack Nicklaus-backed hospital project

By DAN DIAMOND 03/11/2019 

The White House's proposed budget includes funding for a small children's health program sought by one of President Donald Trump's golfing buddies: Jack Nicklaus.

Under the administration's fiscal 2020 funding plan released Monday, HHS would steer $20 million toward a mobile children's hospital project at Miami's Nicklaus Children's Hospital, named for the legendary golfer.

Yeah, think about it...I'm sure that $20 million had nothing to do with this endorsement.

yea, I have to admit Jack Nicklaus has really been for sale over the last 60 years.

• Laughing 1
7 hours ago, shadrap said:

4 years ago I took 7-1 odds at $50.  never got paid.  I even said I would give it to charity & prove it.  never got paid.

That is terrible!!!!

I'd take 7-1 on a Biden victory if you're up for it.  Charity of your choice in the off chance I win.  

8 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

President Trump is holding his Minnesota rally and the police (who the Minnesota Democrats tried to defund) stood aside. :lmao:

Your far-left Dem Attorney General, and your Dem Governor tried to shut down our rally, silence the people of Minnesota, and take away your freedom of assembly. They thought we would cancel – but I said NO WAY, I will NEVER abandon the people of Minnesota!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1322328509923028995?s=21

Only ones trying to silence the people of Minnesota are the ones who went to court to block hundreds of thousands of mail in ballots from being counted. When your only hope of victory is to suppress voting you know you have no legitimate platform. Shameful and beyond the pale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2
1 hour ago, cap'n grunge said:

Only ones trying to silence the people of Minnesota are the ones who went to court to block hundreds of thousands of mail in ballots from being counted. When your only hope of victory is to suppress voting you know you have no legitimate platform. Shameful and beyond the pale. 

Fake polls, fake scandals, and fake news has had a much greater impact than alleged voter suppression.  It’s never been easier for someone to vote anywhere than it is in 2020.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Fake polls, fake scandals, and fake news has had a much greater impact than alleged voter suppression.  It’s never been easier for someone to vote anywhere than it is in 2020.  

Like in Texas where Governor Abbott limited drop.boxes to ONE per county? Or with DeJoy at the post office who had sorting machines removed to slow down the postal service and delivery of mail in ballots? As Joe would say, c'mon man. What a bunch of malarkey.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Young people have to jump through hoops, but they're turning out record numbers.

Wait... that kid has to show a school ID, get a ride to a polling location AND wait in line!?!?!?  Kids today shouldnt have to deal with these "complex" issues. 

Edited by Max Power
  • Laughing 2
31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Wait... that kid has to show a school ID, get a ride to a polling location AND wait in line!?!?!?  Kids today shouldnt have to deal with these "complex" issues. 

Congrats at not reading past the first 2 paragraphs. There are more examples of laws passed since 2018 aimed at making it harder for young people to vote, but go ahead and mock the guy for feeling frustration.

• Like 1

A particularly poignant section deals with Trump visiting the gravesite of his then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly’s son, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010: … According to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices. Another stunning section recalls Trump referring to the war dead as “suckers”: “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 Marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed. … Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies. And another scene: According to eyewitnesses, after a White House briefing given by the then-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joe Dunford, Trump turned to aides and said, “That guy is smart. Why did he join the military?” The author of the piece, Jeffrey Goldberg, quotes people around Trump saying he genuinely does not have regard for people who died for their country, viewing them as having failed — and has even derided or at least not understood their decisions to serve in the first place.

Edited by cap'n grunge
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, cap'n grunge said:

Like in Texas where Governor Abbott limited drop.boxes to ONE per county? Or with DeJoy at the post office who had sorting machines removed to slow down the postal service and delivery of mail in ballots? As Joe would say, c'mon man. What a bunch of malarkey.

:deadhorse:

20 years ago you could only vote in person on the first Tuesday in November.  

3 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

A particularly poignant section deals with Trump visiting the gravesite of his then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly’s son, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010: … According to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices. Another stunning section recalls Trump referring to the war dead as “suckers”: “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 Marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed. … Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies. And another scene: According to eyewitnesses, after a White House briefing given by the then-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joe Dunford, Trump turned to aides and said, “That guy is smart. Why did he join the military?” The author of the piece, Jeffrey Goldberg, quotes people around Trump saying he genuinely does not have regard for people who died for their country, viewing them as having failed — and has even derided or at least not understood their decisions to serve in the first place.

More as anonymous sources....

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

20 years ago we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic that has infected 9 million Americans and killed 220,000.

I think it's over a quarter million dead now.

7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Germany and France are currently shut down.  Trumps Fault!!!

Nowhere did I mention anywhere else but the United States. Here, there's been 250,000 dead, with no coherent response or plan from the federal government, choosing instead to leave it up to the individual states, and even then, what few federal guidelines there were got almost immediately undermined by Trump, who was basically chanting for states to open up way too early. Your attempt at a non sequitur has failed. Stay on topic.

21 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Germany and France are currently shut down.  Trumps Fault!!!

And if Trump hadn't taken decisive action there would be millions dead in the USA by now. Its easy to blame the QB, but why is a QB boasting about his leadership in a loss? Last I checked, the USA was top ten in deaths per million. 

Edited by SoBeDad
16 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

And if Trump hadn't taken decisive action there would be millions dead in the USA by now. Its easy to blame the QB, but why is a QB taking boasting about his leadership in a loss? Last I checked, the USA was top ten in deaths per million. 

If you look at the contributing factors to COVID deaths, the US ranked near the top in all of those pre-covid. 

Putting COVID into nursing homes was also colossally dumb. 

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If you look at the contributing factors to COVID deaths, the US ranked near the top in all of those pre-covid. 

So why wouldn't the administration take steps to curb the disease knowing this, or even listen to scientists who deal with this stuff for a living? 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Do think it's deserving or premature for Trump to be taking a victory lap? Should he be holding rallies?

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place