What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

I don’t think it was effective at all. It’s divided the right (at least 14 GOP Congressmen and Senators have condemned it now) and unified the left. 
I'm not seeing a strong condemnation(from the right) . I'm not seeing a divided right. It did seem to give the left a lifeline to unify at a time when they were struggling to do so. Generally, Trump has coasted on this which is crazy and normal all at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Trump makes you think that’s not who he is?  If he truly is not that way then he does a terrible job of portraying it. He seems to have a long enough history of saying and doing things like this for people to believe he really is racist or a bigot. He does himself zero favors when he tweets or even speaks publicly off script. How does anyone actually know who the real Trump is?
by not who he is I meant PC or prone to sugar coat, he is a bull in a china shop politically but I'm OK with that as long as he continues to have the best interest of this Country

Yes. When rather than a discussion you proclaim that all you said was true as far as option s(when discussing someone claiming to be socially very liberal)...it was a fishing like response.  You proceeded to prove me right with the other talk. As for posting just fine... I wasn't even the first to accuse you of fishing.
Sure thing Sho, sure thing, your opinions are fact,amirite

Sure thing Sho, sure thing, your opinions are fact,amirite
Nope. My opinions are just that and I support them.  Like an opinion that trump isn't offering anything to someone socially very liberal would be an opinion strongly supported by facts.  And that there were better options as well.

by not who he is I meant PC or prone to sugar coat, he is a bull in a china shop politically but I'm OK with that as long as he continues to have the best interest of this Country
I suppose that makes sense if you actually think he has the best interest of this country. I don’t think he does which is why I have the opposite opinion of him. 

"somebody did something"
The full context of that remark, which was pretty outrageous IMO, was to point out how 9/11 led to the marginalization of Arab Americans. It was a radical dumb statement but I don’t find it to be anti American. 

Lets compare it to Trump’s main comments about 9/11- that he personally saw thousands of Arabs in New York cheering and celebrating- not only a complete lie but pure unadulterated bigotry. Which of the two statements do you find more reprehensible? 

The full context of that remark, which was pretty outrageous IMO, was to point out how 9/11 led to the marginalization of Arab Americans. It was a radical dumb statement but I don’t find it to be anti American. 

Lets compare it to Trump’s main comments about 9/11- that he personally saw thousands of Arabs in New York cheering and celebrating- not only a complete lie but pure unadulterated bigotry. Which of the two statements do you find more reprehensible? 
Or his statement that now he has the tallest building...

I suppose that makes sense if you actually think he has the best interest of this country. I don’t think he does which is why I have the opposite opinion of him. 
you're entitled to that, I do believe he is absolutely pro America and doing his job in way so far from the norm that it is driving many out of their mind, but he is doing what we asked non the less

Yes, he did.  He laughed out loud.  HTH
And by doing so he’s demonstrating that he’s either trolling, ignorant, stupid, delusional, or simply not paying attention. President Trump’s disapproval numbers have been over 50% on an extremely consistent basis for well over 2 years now. Which means that sho nuff is absolutely correct: disliking Trump is not a fringe mindset, it’s the majority view. 

Because I don’t know Megla I’ll be generous and assume that he’s not paying attention. 

And by doing so he’s demonstrating that he’s either trolling, ignorant, stupid, delusional, or simply not paying attention. President Trump’s disapproval numbers have been over 50% on an extremely consistent basis for well over 2 years now. Which means that sho nuff is absolutely correct: disliking Trump is not a fringe mindset, it’s the majority view. 

Because I don’t know Megla I’ll be generous and assume that he’s not paying attention. 
I'm pretty sure he demonstrated that he was laughing out loud.  LOL is pretty clear, no?

Well I guess the voters in WI don’t understand it either then, based on 2018. 
2018 is really a terrible measuring stick for anything with the Mueller investigation going on.  The media and Democrats were running around painting any conspiracy they wanted unchecked about what was going to happen.  I’m sure that surprresed a lot of votes, and some people swallowed the hook.  But now that it turned out to be a complete nothing burger and waste of everybody’s time nobody will be sitting this one out.

What goes on in here is not mere disapproval.  It’s an obsession. Some of these posters need therapy.  

Oh I'm paying attention, just like I was in 2016, polls mean nothing, you'd think that was obvious at this point, but you keep using opinion polls as fact,

you're entitled to that, I do believe he is absolutely pro America and doing his job in way so far from the norm that it is driving many out of their mind, but he is doing what we asked non the less
I really don’t think that’s why people dislike him. I think many feel like I do and think he’s full of crap. They think he’s feeding everyone a bunch of BS and those who like him believe it and those who don’t like him think they see right through it. I’m one that thinks he only cares about himself and that he’s just telling you what you want to hear. 

They’re obviously both just our opinions so who knows who’s actually right. 

I really don’t think that’s why people dislike him. I think many feel like I do and think he’s full of crap. They think he’s feeding everyone a bunch of BS and those who like him believe it and those who don’t like him think they see right through it. I’m one that thinks he only cares about himself and that he’s just telling you what you want to hear. 

They’re obviously both just our opinions so who knows who’s actually right. 
in the end does it really matter as long as things get done?

You must use think like us

"We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice," she said. "We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice. If you’re worried about being marginalized and stereotyped, please don’t even show up because we need you to represent that voice."

Sure thing Sho, I guess that's why "orange man bad" is in the White House. Some people never learn.

Maybe you should find someone else to follow around
True.  Despite it have been explained at fft and here as nauseam.  Some still struggle with statistics and polling.  The national polling was very accurate and close in total votes.  State by state a little less so but mostly within the margin or error.

None of which equates to am electoral college win.

To claim I am following you around is laughable megla.

Trump is not your average president and he upsets a lot of people. I don’t feel it’s an obsession at all but instead a deep concern. 
you are one of the rational few and I applaud you for it. That POV carries weight unlike all the "sky is falling' Chicken Littles

Users who are viewing this thread