Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Trump leads shriveled up, what's disturbing is that we are in this mess right now. 

If Bill Maher said Trump won't go peacefully, if he loses by 1 State on mail in votes, the entire country is going to have a meltdown. We saw some folks burn down cities, I would expect some trailer parks and farm land to go next. 

This is going to further divide the country past the point of any healing. And no matter who controls the White House, local government is going to continue to do whatever they want. Look at Oregon, I didn't know they went full on with hard narcotics, that's totally unacceptable if you go by Federal Laws, we just put El Chapo away for life and now we are talking about making cocaine legal? 

Just an example of how different this country is from one State to the next. 

Maybe they should just have Biden and Trump share the White House, have facing desks and just stare each other down all day. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Replies 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

17 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I tried to tell you that polls are bunk.  It's enthusiasm that matters.  If Biden wins, he'll win solely on the mail-in vote which doesn't require any enthusiasm.  Hopefully, you learned your lesson and in 2024 you'll look at the enthusiasm the candidate has and not some Democrat leaning poll of "likely voters".      

It looks like Republicans are going to maintain control of the Senate.  No court packing or huge spending policies for the next two years if Biden wins.  Also, I will go on record early and say that the Republicans will re-gain control of the House in 2022 since mid-term elections historically see a wave of votes from the party that loses the Presidential general election.   

Per your formula: that’s been true in the case of Obama and Trump because they had Congress behind them their first two years and overreached. If these numbers hold up, Biden will have a Senate blocking him, and so he will have an opposite argument: I need Dems in the Senate to get things done. 

20 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I tried to tell you that polls are bunk.  It's enthusiasm that matters.  If Biden wins, he'll win solely on the mail-in vote which doesn't require any enthusiasm.  Hopefully, you learned your lesson and in 2024 you'll look at the enthusiasm the candidate has and not some Democrat leaning poll of "likely voters".      

I wish I could blame polls. But I made my predictions about this race long before any polls started to agree with me. 
Trump’s enthusiasm level seems rather unique to him as a candidate- not sure it applies to any other politicians. 

5 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Trump leads shriveled up, what's disturbing is that we are in this mess right now. 

If Bill Maher said Trump won't go peacefully, if he loses by 1 State on mail in votes, the entire country is going to have a meltdown. We saw some folks burn down cities, I would expect some trailer parks and farm land to go next. 

This is going to further divide the country past the point of any healing. And no matter who controls the White House, local government is going to continue to do whatever they want. Look at Oregon, I didn't know they went full on with hard narcotics, that's totally unacceptable if you go by Federal Laws, we just put El Chapo away for life and now we are talking about making cocaine legal? 

Just an example of how different this country is from one State to the next. 

Maybe they should just have Biden and Trump share the White House, have facing desks and just stare each other down all day. 

Oregon did not make cocaine legal. Nice try though. 

31 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Love all the schtick about attacking people, stereotypes, four years of Russian cheating and now that Biden leads we need to end divisiveness, not challenge elections etc....  cute how that works 

I believe the Russian interference was real. I believe President Trump committed impeachable offenses for which I would have voted to remove him from office. That wasn’t shtick, neither was anything I wrote this morning about divisiveness. We do need to try and end it, or find ways around it. 
I never mentioned anything about “not challenge elections”. If you believe there is actual good reason to challenge this election, by all means do so. It would be unwise to do so without real evidence, IMO. 

37 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I don't know if I believe there is cheating, i don't want to believe that. 

I do think that Trump declaring victory when there was so much doubt...he could have said "I thought I was a slam dunk loser according to main stream media" that would have been a good jab but instead he tries to announce himself as the winner when that wasn't even close to true last night. but he was looking like a potential winner around 12-1am last night or this morning. 

There is going to be massive investigations into this for months, so we will see. We had the Democrat AG of Pennsylvania declaring Trump would never win the other day like he knew where a honeypot of “Biden ballots” was stored just in case his happened. 

Regardless this system is completely broken. It’s 2020 not ####### 1920, all ballots should be able to be counted on Election Day. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

RESIST

This is an excellent point.

"Resist" will be seen differently now if the tables are turned. 

That's just how it works. Is it hypocritical? Absolutely. But that's again, just how it works. 

Please be as cool as you can on both sides of this type of thing. 

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

There is going to be massive investigations into this for months, so we will see. We had the Democrat AG of Pennsylvania declaring Trump would never win the other day like he knew where a honeypot of “Biden ballots” was stored just in case his happened. 

Regardless this system is completely broken. It’s 2020 not ####### 1920, all ballots should be able to be counted on Election Day. 

Come on, do you honestly believe this stuff? 

4 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

I'm not even sure what it means.  Who should resist?  Resist what?

:shrug:

I think the people driving around with resist bumper stickers actually believe they’re noble like in the French resistance in ww2

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I believe the Russian interference was real. I believe President Trump committed impeachable offenses for which I would have voted to remove him from office. That wasn’t shtick, neither was anything I wrote this morning about divisiveness. We do need to try and end it, or find ways around it. 
I never mentioned anything about “not challenge elections”. If you believe there is actual good reason to challenge this election, by all means do so. It would be unwise to do so without real evidence, IMO. 

I don't think it's schtick and I believe many people feel there was election fraud in 2020 and internal interference.  But you seem to not want Trump and his supporters to talk about that.  Russia had no real evidence for years and the outcome of that waste of time shows that.

• Laughing 1
Just now, HellToupee said:

I think the people driving around with resist bumper stickers actually believe they’re noble like in the French resistance in ww2

Sorry, I've literally never seen one or even heard of it until now.  Are you suggesting they are people upset about the 2016 results?  People planning to resist the 2020 results?  Honestly asking, I just have no clue what this reference means.

1 minute ago, Rich Conway said:

Sorry, I've literally never seen one or even heard of it until now.  Are you suggesting they are people upset about the 2016 results?  People planning to resist the 2020 results?  Honestly asking, I just have no clue what this reference means.

“Not my President”

”45”

Never heard those either?

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I don't think it's schtick and I believe many people feel there was election fraud in 2020 and internal interference.  But you seem to not want Trump and his supporters to talk about that.  Russia had no real evidence for years and the outcome of that waste of time shows that.

I don’t think you should talk about fraud unless there is evidence. In the case of Russia there was evidence- you and others didn’t accept it, but at least there was something to discuss. In this case is there anything to discuss? 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Republicans are going to hold the Senate.  So none of this other stuff really even matters.  Even if Biden wins, no way for him to push through his agenda.

Looks like senate will be 50/50.   That means the tiebreaking vote is Kamala Harris.

9 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I...actually agree with you here. And some of these folks are very close friends of mine. But yeah it’s a bit pompous. 

18 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

That it is a mischaracterization of what he actually said.

6 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Maybe it’s just a New England thing

2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:
21 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Err, I live in New England!  Maybe I just don't drive enough.  But just to confirm what I think you're saying, it's people with these stickers on their car over the past 4-ish years, and the idea is that they are resisting Trump?

29 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The PA election board knew they were gong be overwhelmed with mail in votes so they made a request to begin counting votes prior to election day.  They were blocked by Republicans that insisted that counting mail-in votes could not start until the morning of election day.    So if you're frustrated the results are coming late you know who to blame

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

No, it was a pretty wide thing. 

"RESIST" was the 2016 version of "Not My President". It was seen as cool and popular by many.

If the election is decided in Biden's favor, many of the people who saw "Resist" as cool and popular in 2016 will have a different reaction to the same shirt or decal in 2021. That's just how tribalism works. My hope is we can minimize that some. 

• Like 1

Err, I live in New England!  Maybe I just don't drive enough.  But just to confirm what I think you're saying, it's people with these stickers on their car over the past 4-ish years, and the idea is that they are resisting Trump?

Yes

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Republicans in Michigan have litigated to keep ballots closed until the day of the election, so absentee ballots can’t be prepped ahead of time, so it takes more time. It simply physically takes time to open a million envelopes. 

2 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

The PA election board knew they were gong be overwhelmed with mail in votes so they made a request to begin counting votes prior to election day.  They were blocked by Republicans that insisted that counting mail-in votes could not start until the morning of election day.    So if you're frustrated the results are coming late you know who to blame

No interest to do this one over again as we beat it to death yesterday but the frustration is not with PA votes being counted late. The frustration among Trump supporters is the Pennsylvania Attorney General proclaiming on Twitter three days before the election, "If all the votes are added up in PA, Trump is going to lose." https://twitter.com/JoshShapiroPA/status/1322640510637477889?s=20

I just hope and pray this election doesn't hinge on PA. If it does, it's going to make Bush / Gore Florida look like a party. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

No interest to do this one over again as we beat it to death yesterday but the frustration is not with PA votes being counted late. The frustration among Trump supporters is the Pennsylvania Attorney General proclaiming on Twitter three days before the election, "If all the votes are added up in PA, Trump is going to lose." https://twitter.com/JoshShapiroPA/status/1322640510637477889?s=20

I just hope and pray this election doesn't hinge on PA. If it does, it's going to make Bush / Gore Florida look like a party. 

Certainly makes you wonder if shenanigans are going on in other states but their Attorney General is smart enough not to say anything.  Personally, I'm not going to question the election as I'm sure there are shenanigans in 2020, 2016, 2012, 2008 etc....

19 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

No, it was a pretty wide thing. 

"RESIST" was the 2016 version of "Not My President". It was seen as cool and popular by many.

If the election is decided in Biden's favor, many of the people who saw "Resist" as cool and popular in 2016 will have a different reaction to the same shirt or decal in 2021. That's just how tribalism works. My hope is we can minimize that some. 

Right. It was all over California. Pretty ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Looks like senate will be 50/50.   That means the tiebreaking vote is Kamala Harris.

Where are you seeing that?  I'm seeing currently 47-47 with 6 races remaining:

AK: Sullivan (R) up big (still early but this seat looks safe)

GA: Purdue (R) up 4% - Then there will be a run-off election between Warnock/Loeffler (R) on January 5, 2021 without the other Republican Collins dividing the R vote. 

NC: Tillis (R) up 1.8%

ME: Collins (R) up 6%

MI: James (R) up 0.7% (this would be a flip)

• Like 1

Well I guess it's not looking great for the good guys. That's a real shame.

Just wanted to say to all the Trump supporters yall are some pretty good folks.  I've enjoyed interaction  with some of you though I rarely post.

I was suspended here a few months back first time I have ever been suspended for anything. So I decided to lurk until election night and until I was booted from the subscribers contest. Well got booted this past week so I guess I'm done with FBGs.

Just want to wish you guys well and good luck in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Just wanted to say to all the Trump supporters yall are some pretty good folks.  I've enjoyed interaction  with some of you though I rarely post.

I was suspended here a few months back first time I have ever been suspended for anything. So I decided to lurk until election night and until I was booted from the subscribers contest. Well got booted this past week so I guess I'm done with FBGs.

Thanks. To be clear, looks like you were suspended for posting: "Well they killed the scumbag that shot and killed the Trump supporter. I hope he died a very painful death."

That will earn anyone a suspension. That's not even close. 

If you still feel the need to leave, we totally understand and we wish you the best. My hope is you'll do like lots of people have done after a suspension and stick around and make positive contributions to the forum. 

13 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks. To be clear, looks like you were suspended for posting: "Well they killed the scumbag that shot and killed the Trump supporter. I hope he died a very painful death."

That will earn anyone a suspension. That's not even close. 

If you still feel the need to leave, we totally understand and we wish you the best. My hope is you'll do like lots of people have done after a suspension and stick around and make positive contributions to the forum. 

Thanks Joe. My opinion about you has not changed. You are truly a decent guy. However my feelings have not changed about the situation that got me axed

Anyway best wishes to you and your family and your bussiness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, rustycolts said:

Thanks Joe. My opinion about you has not changed. You are truly a decent guy. However my feelings have not changed about the situation that got me axed

Thank you. Same to you wishing you and yours the best. 

Not so fast. 

AP has yet to call these 8 states: AK, NV, AZ, GA, NC, PA, MI and WI

Their current simulations have Trump projected to win AK, AZ, GA and NC. 

If all states are called today except PA and fall according to their simulations the electoral vote will be 259-259. 

I have faith Trump gets PA without any shenanigans.  Hang on, could get wild. 

27 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

You’re a good guy Rusty , sorry to see you go

11 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

Not so fast. 

AP has yet to call these 8 states: AK, NV, AZ, GA, NC, PA, MI and WI

Their current simulations have Trump projected to win AK, AZ, GA and NC. 

If all states are called today except PA and fall according to their simulations the electoral vote will be 259-259. 

I have faith Trump gets PA without any shenanigans.  Hang on, could get wild. 

Please post links on these. Thanks. 

That goes for everyone. 

1 hour ago, -fish- said:

From what I'm seeing now, it looks good for:

Tillis in NC

Collins in ME

Purdue in GA

Alaskan senator's name escapes me.  

I think the GA run-off will be a spectacle. But Loffler should get a big boost with Collins out of the race.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Please post links on these. Thanks. 

That goes for everyone. 

Seriously?  After 24 hours of hot takes in every other thread?  I told you where it was:

Link

Edited by 36Kevon
Fixed link. Scroll down to “Uncalled States” and add it up yourself.
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, jm192 said:

From what I'm seeing now, it looks good for:

Tillis in NC

Collins in ME

Purdue in GA

Alaskan senator's name escapes me.  

I think the GA run-off will be a spectacle. But Loffler should get a big boost with Collins out of the race.

Murkowski Sullivan in Alaska.  (You're right, my faulty memory)

If the POTUS election is truly called for Biden and a done deal by then, Loeffler will need something more than "I support Trump" as her message.

Edited by Rich Conway

Murkowski in Alaska.

If the POTUS election is truly called for Biden and a done deal by then, Loeffler will need something more than "I support Trump" as her message.

It's the other one.  

Edit:  I broke down and looked, Sullivan.  

Edited by jm192

Very Odd: Michigan Found Over 100,000 Ballots and Every Single One Has Joe Biden's Name on It

Brandon MorseNov 04, 2020 10:30 AM ET

AP Photo/Matt Slocum

Michigan was set to be a state that went to Trump but miraculously, a bunch of early votes was found and every one of them was a ballot with Joe Biden’s name on it.

When I say “every one of them” I mean every single one. Not one of these ballots had a Trump vote on them.

This kind of thing is far from normal and is worth investigating. Twitter users also found this to be so unlikely as to be completely unbelievable.

Link

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rustycolts said:

going to miss your fishing pictures.

14 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Very Odd: Michigan Found Over 100,000 Ballots and Every Single One Has Joe Biden's Name on It

Brandon MorseNov 04, 2020 10:30 AM ET

AP Photo/Matt Slocum

Michigan was set to be a state that went to Trump but miraculously, a bunch of early votes was found and every one of them was a ballot with Joe Biden’s name on it.

When I say “every one of them” I mean every single one. Not one of these ballots had a Trump vote on them.

This kind of thing is far from normal and is worth investigating. Twitter users also found this to be so unlikely as to be completely unbelievable.

Link

Your link is from RedState, a conservative blog owned by Salem Media Group. Has any reputable news source verified this? Something doesn't ring right about this and if Michgan were trying to fix the election I doubt they would be so obvious about it as to dump 138k votes for Biden into the vote count and not have one for Trump.

Edited by squistion
2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Your link is from RedState, a conservative blog owned by Salem Media Group. Has any reputable news source verified this? Something doesn't ring right about this and if Michgan were trying to fix the election I doubt they would be so obvious about it as to dump 138k votes for Biden and not have one for Trump.

Let’s check impartial snopes :lol:

7 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Let’s check impartial snopes :lol:

Lets just apply common sense and agree your link is ridiculous for the reasons pointed out, among others.

eta - if an ounce of truth to this, we will know soon.

Edited by matuski
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Per your formula: that’s been true in the case of Obama and Trump because they had Congress behind them their first two years and overreached. If these numbers hold up, Biden will have a Senate blocking him, and so he will have an opposite argument: I need Dems in the Senate to get things done. 

2022 isnt a favorable Senate year for Rs either. 

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Biden will need advances in modern medicine at the rate he's declining.  Running the US will accelerate that.

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place