What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (8 Viewers)

I'm still wondering how 10,000ish votes were certified correct, with only 1,000ish ballots in the batch. That is more than a simple error and needs serious investigation. 
Were they?

I really don't want to go off tweets to inform myself of what happened here. But the tweets posted in thread make me think nothing untoward happened.

Are we ever going to see old-line media report on this story?
Researching this a bit ... the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's DeKalb County reporter Tyler Estep DID address this matter on his own Twitter feed.

Meanwhile, Estep and fellow AJC reporter David Wickert are posting a running set of recount updates on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's website (link). Dekalb County completed their recount Sunday night. The 9,000-vote kerfluffle was apparently raised and corrected on the spot that evening.

We have no source for the part in red. Here is David Shafer's original tweet:

Admittedly speculation, but I offer it anyway: One easy way for 1,077 to turn into 10,707 is to type numbers in sloppily on a ten-key (adding machine or computer keyboard). You're typing in "1-0-" but then you don't release the zero quick enough before hitting the seven, which yields "1-0-7-0-". Then press the seven to complete the entry, and "1,077" renders as "10,707".
Read his whole thread. It wasn't off a typo. His final total was 1,081. That isnt a digit in the wrong place.

David shafer is also the source for the red highlight. It's in that same tweet thread.

Sooo if someone comes on this board and says the earth is flat they should be banned by the moderators?  Is that what you are saying here?
I'd suggest if someone posts something that is intentionally inflammatory, untrue, and provides no evidence to back it up, the post should be deleted and/or the poster given a timeout.  I don't think "the Earth is flat" rises to the level of inflammatory, as it would more likely be seen as unserious and a joke.  If someone repeated it multiple times, then yes, the poster should be given a timeout as it would clearly be trolling.

You said it's extreme to call it a lie.  So why is it extreme?   It seems to be from your sentence that it's either because it can't be a lie because it's his opinion or that it can't be a lie because too many people believe it.  
I dont know what you are trying to do here.  But I will just stay out of it.  Go pick on someone else.  I am not even a tiny bit interested in this conversation.  Sorry I replied.

I think you've misinterpreted what appears to have happened here.

- Original count came back as 1077 votes for Biden
- Hand recount confirmed 1077 votes for Biden
- Poll worker mistakenly keyed in 10707 votes for Biden as result of hand recount
- Significant discrepancy between original count and recount created an alert for someone to review
- Reviewer noticed the error and corrected it back to 1077, which is what the original count said all along

Again, no malfeasance, no issue, everything worked exactly as designed to ensure votes were tabulated correctly.
You want to blame a single digit typo when it wasnt that.

Back to the question is how did this get signed off on?

I'd suggest if someone posts something that is intentionally inflammatory, untrue, and provides no evidence to back it up, the post should be deleted and/or the poster given a timeout.  I don't think "the Earth is flat" rises to the level of inflammatory, as it would more likely be seen as unserious and a joke.  If someone repeated it multiple times, then yes, the poster should be given a timeout as it would clearly be trolling.
Well I don't agree.  There are many that feel this way about Biden. You may not like it, but that doesn't change it.  And being censored because someone wants to share their opinion, is just wrong.  Way way wrong.

Thanks for letting me state my thoughts on this.  Have a good day.

Also, like it or not..there really are people who believe the earth is flat.  Seriously believe it.  So if they post that here and aren't joking, you're saying their posts should be deleted and they get suspended from posting?   No way man. 

Last edited by a moderator:

- Poll worker mistakenly keyed in 10707 votes for Biden as result of hand recount
- Significant discrepancy between original count and recount created an alert for someone to review
- Reviewer noticed the error and corrected it back to 1077, which is what the original count said all along

Again, no malfeasance, no issue, everything worked exactly as designed to ensure votes were tabulated correctly.

No one signed off on anything, which is the point.  Literally the opposite happened.

Change any one of the "1077" in my post to "1081" or "1073" if you want.  Are you arguing the chain of events was different than what I wrote above?  If yes, then what was the chain of events as you understand them?  If no, then how do you get to malfeasance or "helps Biden"?

Also, like it or not..there really are people who believe the earth is flat.  Seriously believe it.  So if they post that here and aren't joking, you're saying their posts should be deleted and they get suspended from posting?   No way man. 
I agree with Supermike here. if someone believes the earth is flat  they shouldnt get suspended nor should there post be deleted, but then again no one should be suspended for openly mocking their ignorance either.

If all of the following are true:
- The posts are intentionally inflammatory
- The posts are verifiable untrue
- The poster provides no evidence of the claim

Yes, the poster should be suspended.  I'm unclear why that would be controversial.

If all of the following are true:
- The posts are intentionally inflammatory
- The posts are verifiable untrue
- The poster provides no evidence of the claim

Yes, the poster should be suspended.  I'm unclear why that would be controversial.
Well that's your opinion and I disagree. Thanks for the opinion however.

Would you say the same if the election positions were REVERSED?

If someone called out 10K for Trump instead of 1K? If the situation was those votes would be critical for a Biden scenario where he would mirror Trump's current position?

Or would most of you be enraged and up in arms about it?

What about the dead people voting if they voted for Trump and the situation was reversed?

What about if the count stopped in the middle of the night, the vote count swung in the opposite direction as it did, but this time for Trump and the situation was reversed?

What about the cases were observers were not given access or were put into logistics that were untenable and the situation was reversed?

What about the gaggle of ballots found in dumpsters and the situation was reversed?

What about the accusations that late mail ballots were stamped with an early date postmark and the situation was reversed?

Would the army of hardened liberals in this forum ( some not all) just say , "Hey, absolutely nothing nefarious!"   Or would some of you be climbing the walls and be frothing at the teeth?
First of all I'd be embarrassed to be part of a party who's leader acted like Trump.  There is literally zero concrete evidence of any significant, and barely any insignificant, fraud.  He's just stalling and trying to get lucky by throwing anything against the wall he can.  Hillary lost by much less than him and acted with much more class than him.  He was afforded all the rights and privileges as a president elect that he's withholding from good ol' Joe.  imho, Trump is an embarrassment to our nation and to Republicans in general.

That said, if the shoe was on the other foot I'd feel exactly the same about mistaken vote call outs and "stopped" counting.  I'd think they were normal parts of any election and for anyone to contest the results as much as he is the vote gap would have to be much much smaller.  Something like in 2000.

The machine count came in at 1k, the hand count came in at 1k, when the handcount was written down it was written as 10k.  This mistake was immediately caught and corrected.  It never was intended nor did it ever have a chance to impact the vote count.  Checks and balances worked as prescribed. 

I agree with Supermike here. if someone believes the earth is flat  they shouldnt get suspended nor should there post be deleted, but then again no one should be suspended for openly mocking there ignorance either.
Openly inflammatory is of course not cool.

But someone saying  "Biden's Presidency is fradulent" because they believe the election was rife with fraud, is NOT inflammatory.  In my opinion of course.   

I’m sure this posting of this the 8th time it will get through.  🙄

On this page alone we have people talking about “dead people voting”, whatabouting the Russiagate reaction (without the slightest sense of irony they were blasting the reacting Russiagate people the whole time), calling Biden a fraudulent President (again without the slightest sense of irony as they were the ones blasting the left for non accepting the 2016 election results), and on and on and on.  Yet all these same people decreeing there must be a “fair election” aren’t asking for anything to be looked into in any Trump states anywhere. Do you really think dead people didn’t vote for Trump in other states? Give me a break.  Do you really think there weren’t pulling errors in states that Trump won favoring Trump? Give me a break.  Do you really thing people didn’t try to cheat for Trump too? Please. This isn’t about fair, not one ounce.  It’s about not winning. You don’t want fair, you’re hoping for fraud.  

Openly inflammatory is of course not cool.

But someone saying  "Biden's Presidency is fradulent" because they believe the election was rife with fraud, is NOT inflammatory.  In my opinion of course.   
I agree with this.  Many in here were suggesting that Trump directly colluded with Russia.

Not me of course... :D

Read his whole thread. It wasn't off a typo. His final total was 1,081. That isnt a digit in the wrong place.

David shafer is also the source for the red highlight. It's in that same tweet thread.
Edited because it was already covered by others

No one signed off on anything, which is the point.  Literally the opposite happened.

Change any one of the "1077" in my post to "1081" or "1073" if you want.  Are you arguing the chain of events was different than what I wrote above?  If yes, then what was the chain of events as you understand them?  If no, then how do you get to malfeasance or "helps Biden"?
Here is his whole thread.

One of our monitors discovered a 9,626 vote error in the DeKalb County hand count. One batch was labeled 10,707 for Biden and 13 for Trump - an improbable margin even by DeKalb standards. The actual count for the batch was 1,081 for Biden and 13 for Trump.

Had this counting error not been discovered, Biden would have gained enough votes from this one batch alone to cancel out Trump’s gains from Fayette, Floyd and Walton.

We were limited to 1 monitor for every 10 counting tables and we were kept some distance from the tables. There is no telling what we missed under these unreasonable restrictions. The miscounted batch had been be signed off by two official counters.

Biden’s margin of victory in this batch of votes (99.9%) bested Bashar al-Assad’s 2007 margin (97.6%) and Raul Castro’s 2008 margin (99.4%). It matched Kim Jong-il’s 2009 margin (99.9%).

Our attorneys have turned over an affidavit from our monitor to the Secretary of State and requested an investigation.

I agree with this.  Many in here were suggesting that Trump directly colluded with Russia.

Not me of course... :D
Yeah but my thing is, was, and will be..Say what you feel.  Share your opinions.   When we start banning people for sharing their opinions?  What kind of world is that?

Here is his whole thread.

One of our monitors discovered a 9,626 vote error in the DeKalb County hand count. One batch was labeled 10,707 for Biden and 13 for Trump - an improbable margin even by DeKalb standards. The actual count for the batch was 1,081 for Biden and 13 for Trump.

Had this counting error not been discovered, Biden would have gained enough votes from this one batch alone to cancel out Trump’s gains from Fayette, Floyd and Walton.

We were limited to 1 monitor for every 10 counting tables and we were kept some distance from the tables. There is no telling what we missed under these unreasonable restrictions. The miscounted batch had been be signed off by two official counters.

Biden’s margin of victory in this batch of votes (99.9%) bested Bashar al-Assad’s 2007 margin (97.6%) and Raul Castro’s 2008 margin (99.4%). It matched Kim Jong-il’s 2009 margin (99.9%).

Our attorneys have turned over an affidavit from our monitor to the Secretary of State and requested an investigation.
You still seem to be ignoring the actual chain of events.

Separately, it seems the Trump argument here is "the fact that the process worked and we identified a mistake proves that the process doesn't work"?

Read his whole thread. It wasn't off a typo. His final total was 1,081. That isn't a digit in the wrong place.
Here is the full text of the affidavit that Shafer was tweeting about (posted by Stephen Fowler of Georgia Public Broadcasting). It's a quick read and an interesting behind-the-scenes look at how ballot-counting information gets contested in real time. Of note to me is that the Republican observer who filled out the affidavit reported a spirit of cooperation between he and a supervisor after some initial distrust conveyed by one of the counters -- people are still people, after all.

There will likely be no way to know whether the 10,707 figure was an intentional fraudulent act or a mistake of some kind. Be that as it may, the error/fraud was detected and corrected before the DeKalb count completed Sunday night. This is water under the bridge now.

The machine count came in at 1k, the hand count came in at 1k, when the handcount was written down it was written as 10k.  This mistake was immediately caught and corrected.  It never was intended nor did it ever have a chance to impact the vote count.  Checks and balances worked as prescribed. 
Caught by poll watchers and not the certification is the concerning part.

"Inadequate men in big jobs are always dangerous. President Trump has cemented his legacy as an inadequate man who lacks the mental faculties and strength of character necessary for the job. How many others will prove, by saying and doing nothing, that they too are inadequate?"

- Carly Fiorina
I do'nt understand these little snippets that are being thrown in.

Is that to say that even if there were true election fraud, who cares because Trump is terrible?

Caught by poll watchers and not the certification is the concerning part.
The 10k number wasn't part of the machine count nor part of the hand count.  How is it concerning?  That number would never have made it's way into the vote count.  The large discrepancy between the 3 numbers would have been investigated and corrected. 

Is that to say that even if there were true election fraud, who cares because Trump is terrible?
Mike- as someone here who likes to call out the hypocrisy and ridiculousness (which I enjoy about your posts honestly) why aren’t you doing the same for the obvious hypocrisy and ridiculousness going on now with the “just want a fair election” schtick?   

Mike- as someone here who likes to call out the hypocrisy and ridiculousness (which I enjoy about your posts honestly) why aren’t you doing the same for the obvious hypocrisy and ridiculousness going on now with the “just want a fair election” schtick?   
Well because I have for the most part stayed out of it.

However...On the other board..I have ripped into my fellow conservative posters for doing exactly that.  They are repeating the same thing the liberals did in 2016 and embarrassing themselves in the process.

"Inadequate men in big jobs are always dangerous. President Trump has cemented his legacy as an inadequate man who lacks the mental faculties and strength of character necessary for the job. How many others will prove, by saying and doing nothing, that they too are inadequate?"

- Carly Fiorina

I don't think Ms. Fiorina was specifically referring to how President Trump handled the election. It seems more like a general comment about being inadequate to handle the job of being President.

Well because I have for the most part stayed out of it.

However...On the other board..I have ripped into my fellow conservative posters for doing exactly that.  They are repeating the same thing the liberals did in 2016 and embarrassing themselves in the process.
Thanks for the answer. 

I don't think Ms. Fiorina was specifically referring to how President Trump handled the election. It seems more like a general comment about being inadequate to handle the job of being President.
So why post it in the middle of a conversation about election fraud--and in this thread?  Just liked the quote I guess?

So why post it in the middle of a conversation about election fraud--and in this thread?  Just liked the quote I guess?
:shrug:

This isn't the election fraud thread. It's the Trump 2020 thread. It's the only thread left in the forum relating to the general topic of Donald Trump. I have to presume by the moderator actions that they expect general Trump discussion to be consolidated into this thread. I saw the quote from Fiorina this morning and I thought it was relevant to the topic of Donald Trump, since she had previously endorsed him.

Also, the quote does have an indirect connection to the topic of election fraud, as Fiorina was Ted Cruz's pick for Vice President, and Cruz has not only endorsed some of Trump's fraud claims, but it's possible, if not likely, that Fiorina was referring to Cruz and others like him when she wrote, "How many others will prove, by saying and doing nothing, that they too are inadequate?"

:shrug:

This isn't the election fraud thread. It's the Trump 2020 thread. It's the only thread left in the forum relating to the general topic of Donald Trump. I have to presume by the moderator actions that they expect general Trump discussion to be consolidated into this thread. I saw the quote from Fiorina this morning and I thought it was relevant to the topic of Donald Trump, since she had previously endorsed him.

Also, the quote does have an indirect connection to the topic of election fraud, as Fiorina was Ted Cruz's pick for Vice President, and Cruz has not only endorsed some of Trump's fraud claims, but it's possible, if not likely, that Fiorina was referring to Cruz and others like him when she wrote, "How many others will prove, by saying and doing nothing, that they too are inadequate?"
I see.

The 10k number wasn't part of the machine count nor part of the hand count.  How is it concerning?  That number would never have made it's way into the vote count.  The large discrepancy between the 3 numbers would have been investigated and corrected. 
I am not sure I understand his point either.  The original count was 1k for Biden.  On recount it was erroneously reported as 10k, they found the issue  and corrected it back to 1k. 

The net result was the original count was correct and validated in the recount.   What exactly is the problem here?

I am not sure I understand his point either.  The original count was 1k for Biden.  On recount it was erroneously reported as 10k, they found the issue  and corrected it back to 1k. 

The net result was the original count was correct and validated in the recount.   What exactly is the problem here?
It was signed off as accurate before caught by a watcher. The hand recount looks worse than the machines.

Users who are viewing this thread