What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (9 Viewers)

“I could deny it if I liked. I could deny anything if I liked.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
Yeah, exactly like I thought. You can’t. Despite all your opining and smoke and mirrors it all comes to red team blue team.  Thanks.  We’re done here.  Have a good day GB. 

supermike80 said:
Yeah but my thing is, was, and will be..Say what you feel.  Share your opinions.   When we start banning people for sharing their opinions?  What kind of world is that?
Again, I think it's all context and different for different platforms.  

Feel free to share opinions around here.  The difference is three-fold for me: 

• this isn't advertised as a news platform,
  • the subscriber base is pretty small (and smaller still is the percentage of subscribers that are on these threads), and
  •  there are not algorithms around here that are suggesting posts, reordering posts to the top, etc.. to keep us on the boards. 

Completely different things, and I think that is a big difference in people's problem with "big tech".   Somebody linking a crazy Alex Jones video in here is not nearly the same as somebody uploading that to FB and Twitter.  It's not the same, and mostly due to the combo of #2 and #3 above.  I was listening to a pod this morning talking about fake accounts and tracing inflammatory videos and info.  I am not 100% sure on the stats, but what they found is that 23 accounts were used to spread misinformation that reached millions of people.  

Please don’t read any tone into this, I’m actually asking sincerely, and with no malice. What is “enough”? Right now, the trump team is 1-27, and the judges have ruled on and dismissed most everything.  Out of necessity, this has to happen quickly, since certifications are happening very soon. Hence, we already had an IG investigation concluded, and all these court motions done. Basically, we are just about at the point that the election was proven to be fair, and the argumentation concluded. I’m curious, is there anything that would convince you all? 
Also, does Trump pay to steam clean the carpets on the way out, or does he stick the bill to Joe and Kamala?

This is the part that makes me so sad.

If someone claimed that 2+2=5 and everyone else corrected them that 2+2=4, would then the individual claim people are trying to silence him for the crime of having a different opinion of everyone else?

So sad

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”
― Benjamin Franklin, Silence Dogood

“It is the rare fortune of these days that one may think what one likes and say what one thinks.”
― Tacitus, Histories of Tacitus

“Most people do not really want others to have freedom of speech, they just want others to be given the freedom to say want they want to hear.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away."

― Elvis Presley

As far as I am concerned, November 2020 has been the worst month of President Trump's presidency. This nation is in the midst of an emergency. Several states such as Wisconsin and New Mexico are at or close to 100% ICU occupancy. Millions of people are in dire need of economic help. Congress is hamstrung, unable to take any action. And from everything I can see, President Trump has abdicated his responsibility. He refuses to lead and refuses to cooperate with the incoming administration. He is behaving like a petulant child and while he can do that for as long he likes as a private citizen, we need him now. People are going to suffer, and some are going to die due to this man's inaction and none of it will have been necessary. This is the most shameful time I can ever remember for a White House.
good post, and that's not even the extent of it. it's not just that he's being inactive during this time, he is willfully focusing his energy on things that will only weaken the country (e.g. perpetuating the fraud claim without significant evidence, pitting political parties/government leaders/citizens against each other, delaying the transition process, firing anyone who doesn't agree with him, etc.). there is refusal to lead, and there is active destruction. this feels like the latter.

Yeah, exactly like I thought. You can’t. Despite all your opining and smoke and mirrors it all comes to red team blue team.  Thanks.  We’re done here.  Have a good day GB. 

“I can't stop shaking. I need you. I want you. I can't let myself have you.”
― Kelli Maine, Taken

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."  - Dirk Diggler -.....or maybe - Rudy Giuliani- 

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."  - Dirk Diggler -.....or maybe - Rudy Giuliani- 

“It is there, where they burn books, that eventually they burn people.”
― Heinrich Heine

Looks like I didn’t make the cut (or was already on the list). 😬.  Lol

You can always been on the list of people who try to railroad others with logical fallacies.

You can join Jason Wood in the waiting room and play Connect Four together and see if anyone else shows up.

“It is there, where they burn books, that eventually they burn people.”
― Heinrich Heine
 "Walk on road. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later,  get squish, just like grape. Here karate, same thing. Either you karate do, yes, or karate do, no. You karate do, guess so,  just like grape.”

__  Myagi, Mister

"Walk on road. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later,  get squish, just like grape. Here karate, same thing. Either you karate do, yes, or karate do, no. You karate do, guess so,  just like grape.”

__  Myagi, Mister

“The dictator says "You are allowed to think as you want" but never write it down or talk about it. If you cross these borders we cannot guarantee your security”
― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom

“The dictator says "You are allowed to think as you want" but never write it down or talk about it. If you cross these borders we cannot guarantee your security”
― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom
"wah-Wah-WAH!"

__ Arcola, Chachi ( in reference to seeing a beautiful woman)

You can always been on the list of people who try to railroad others with logical fallacies.

You can join Jason Wood in the waiting room and play Connect Four together and see if anyone else shows up.
You feel free to put me on whatever list you want to put me on. I’ve got you on the Exposed one.  

You know it would be much easier and far more intellectually honest if you just said “I want my team to win”. There’s nothing wrong with that and certainly yours or anyone else’s right to feel that way. But to try and tap dance around all the obvious hypocrisies here to justify a position is blatantly obvious.  No amount of quotes or links is going to help you hide behind it.  
Nope, more copying and pasting I'm afraid.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

- Dumbledore

“Rationalization is a process of not perceiving reality, but of attempting to make reality fit one’s emotions.”
― Ayn Rand, Philosophy: Who Needs It?

"You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places selling weed and s##t. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and s##t. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherf###er to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform....... and f### it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy f###ed a Martian once."" - Jay

Users who are viewing this thread