Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JAA said:

This is the part that makes me so sad.

If someone claimed that 2+2=5 and everyone else corrected them that 2+2=4, would then the individual claim people are trying to silence him for the crime of having a different opinion of everyone else?

So sad

 

 

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

 

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

 

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”
― Benjamin Franklin, Silence Dogood

 

“It is the rare fortune of these days that one may think what one likes and say what one thinks.”
― Tacitus, Histories of Tacitus

 

“Most people do not really want others to have freedom of speech, they just want others to be given the freedom to say want they want to hear.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

 

  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • knowledge dropper

    2649

  • timschochet

    1899

  • The General

    1734

  • SaintsInDome2006

    1688

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

50 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Ugh these comparisons are so tedious and ridiculous.

Are you referring to the continual comparisons, made by @Ramblin Wreck, @HellToupee and others between the very real Russia investigation and this ludicrous claim by President Trump of election fraud? Because I'm forced to agree. They're absurd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

 

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

 

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

 

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”
― Benjamin Franklin, Silence Dogood

 

“It is the rare fortune of these days that one may think what one likes and say what one thinks.”
― Tacitus, Histories of Tacitus

 

“Most people do not really want others to have freedom of speech, they just want others to be given the freedom to say want they want to hear.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

 

“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

— Word writing guy

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am concerned, November 2020 has been the worst month of President Trump's presidency. This nation is in the midst of an emergency. Several states such as Wisconsin and New Mexico are at or close to 100% ICU occupancy. Millions of people are in dire need of economic help. Congress is hamstrung, unable to take any action. And from everything I can see, President Trump has abdicated his responsibility. He refuses to lead and refuses to cooperate with the incoming administration. He is behaving like a petulant child and while he can do that for as long he likes as a private citizen, we need him now. People are going to suffer, and some are going to die due to this man's inaction and none of it will have been necessary. This is the most shameful time I can ever remember for a White House.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don’t read any tone into this, I’m actually asking sincerely, and with no malice. What is “enough”? Right now, the trump team is 1-27, and the judges have ruled on and dismissed most everything.  Out of necessity, this has to happen quickly, since certifications are happening very soon. Hence, we already had an IG investigation concluded, and all these court motions done. Basically, we are just about at the point that the election was proven to be fair, and the argumentation concluded. I’m curious, is there anything that would convince you all? 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

As far as I am concerned, November 2020 has been the worst month of President Trump's presidency. This nation is in the midst of an emergency. Several states such as Wisconsin and New Mexico are at or close to 100% ICU occupancy. Millions of people are in dire need of economic help. Congress is hamstrung, unable to take any action. And from everything I can see, President Trump has abdicated his responsibility. He refuses to lead and refuses to cooperate with the incoming administration. He is behaving like a petulant child and while he can do that for as long he likes as a private citizen, we need him now. People are going to suffer, and some are going to die due to this man's inaction and none of it will have been necessary. This is the most shameful time I can ever remember for a White House.

Sometimes one has to down the ladder to go up. Bannon will be getting his scalps soon.  Krakens will be released.  Blue Horseshoe loves Anicott Steel. Q has spoken.

 

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

As far as I am concerned, November 2020 has been the worst month of President Trump's presidency. This nation is in the midst of an emergency. Several states such as Wisconsin and New Mexico are at or close to 100% ICU occupancy. Millions of people are in dire need of economic help. Congress is hamstrung, unable to take any action. And from everything I can see, President Trump has abdicated his responsibility. He refuses to lead and refuses to cooperate with the incoming administration. He is behaving like a petulant child and while he can do that for as long he likes as a private citizen, we need him now. People are going to suffer, and some are going to die due to this man's inaction and none of it will have been necessary. This is the most shameful time I can ever remember for a White House.

No doubt. Stay tuned sadly, but going to put him below Buchanon at this rate right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

So I ask again. Where is your instance on investigations in other Trump won states?  If fair is the metric as is the need to root out any fraud no matter how insignificant, as you point out, we should have 50 deep exhaustive dives going on. I don’t see you, or anyone else, calling for that.  

And please can I make a suggestion, IF you do reply (which so far has not been the case when I asked this if multiple people here) please TL;DR it for me. The 17 paragraph replies suck to read on my phone.  Thx.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrelevant_conclusion

 

"An irrelevant conclusion,[1] also known as ignoratio elenchi (Latin for ''ignoring refutation'') or missing the point, is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid and sound, but (whose conclusion) fails to address the issue in question. It falls into the broad class of relevance fallacies.[2]

...The nature of the fallacy, then, consists in substituting for a certain issue another which is more or less closely related to it, and arguing the substituted issue. The fallacy does not take into account whether the arguments do or do not really support the substituted issue, it only calls attention to the fact that they do not constitute a proof of the original one… It is a particularly prevalent and subtle fallacy and it assumes a great variety of forms. But whenever it occurs and whatever form it takes, it is brought about by an assumption that leads the person guilty of it to substitute for a definite subject of inquiry another which is in close relation with it."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, timschochet said:

As far as I am concerned, November 2020 has been the worst month of President Trump's presidency. This nation is in the midst of an emergency. Several states such as Wisconsin and New Mexico are at or close to 100% ICU occupancy. Millions of people are in dire need of economic help. Congress is hamstrung, unable to take any action. And from everything I can see, President Trump has abdicated his responsibility. He refuses to lead and refuses to cooperate with the incoming administration. He is behaving like a petulant child and while he can do that for as long he likes as a private citizen, we need him now. People are going to suffer, and some are going to die due to this man's inaction and none of it will have been necessary. This is the most shameful time I can ever remember for a White House.

This. I’ve felt pretty embarrassed for both parties over the course of my life, but this is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen. Hopefully our citizens remember this the next time an unqualified person runs for any kind of important office. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrelevant_conclusion

 

"An irrelevant conclusion,[1] also known as ignoratio elenchi (Latin for ''ignoring refutation'') or missing the point, is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid and sound, but (whose conclusion) fails to address the issue in question. It falls into the broad class of relevance fallacies.[2]

...The nature of the fallacy, then, consists in substituting for a certain issue another which is more or less closely related to it, and arguing the substituted issue. The fallacy does not take into account whether the arguments do or do not really support the substituted issue, it only calls attention to the fact that they do not constitute a proof of the original one… It is a particularly prevalent and subtle fallacy and it assumes a great variety of forms. But whenever it occurs and whatever form it takes, it is brought about by an assumption that leads the person guilty of it to substitute for a definite subject of inquiry another which is in close relation with it."

You know it would be much easier and far more intellectually honest if you just said “I want my team to win”. There’s nothing wrong with that and certainly yours or anyone else’s right to feel that way. But to try and tap dance around all the obvious hypocrisies here to justify a position is blatantly obvious.  No amount of quotes or links is going to help you hide behind it.  

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

There is no such thing as an insignificant vote nor such thing as insignificant fraud when it comes to voting.  This issue runs deeper than just this election and further than just Donald J Trump.

 

****

 

https://time.com/3423102/people-died-so-i-could-vote/

 

 

Exactly why every American should be irate over Donald Trump's continued efforts to delegitimize millions of mail-in ballots.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

“You are not a real thinker if your thoughts haven't landed you in trouble yet”
― Bangambiki Habyarimana, Pearls Of Eternity

 “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” – Sun Tzu

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

You know it would be much easier and far more intellectually honest if you just said “I want my team to win”. There’s nothing wrong with that and certainly yours or anyone else’s right to feel that way. But to try and tap dance around all the obvious hypocrisies here to justify a position is blatantly obvious.  No amount of quotes or links is going to help you hide behind it.  

 

You attempted to carpet bomb me with logical fallacies and reframe the narrative. I understand the strategy in principle, it's just that it was disingenuous.

When you decide to come at me with a fair question, I'll give you a fair answer.

 

“He had the air of someone who imagines he can negotiate with gravity.”
― Christina McDonald, The Night Olivia Fell

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Football Freak said:

 “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” – Sun Tzu

 

“You cannot really convince a man who has always been blind that he does not see.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GordonGekko said:

 

You attempted to carpet bomb me with logical fallacies and reframe the narrative. I understand the strategy in principle, it's just that it was disingenuous.

When you decide to come at me with a fair question, I'll give you a fair answer.

 

“He had the air of someone who imagines he can negotiate with gravity.”
― Christina McDonald, The Night Olivia Fell

It’s not a logical fallacy at all.  If you care about fraud and “There is no such thing as an insignificant vote nor such thing as insignificant fraud when it comes to voting.” then it matters everywhere. You said it so stand behind it.  I’m sorry you think me taking you seriously with the words you actually use as disingenuous.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

It’s not a logical fallacy at all.  If you care about fraud and “There is no such thing as an insignificant vote nor such thing as insignificant fraud when it comes to voting.” then it matters everywhere. You said it so stand behind it.  I’m sorry you think me taking you seriously with the words you actually use as disingenuous.  

 

“I could deny it if I liked. I could deny anything if I liked.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

“You cannot really convince a man who has always been blind that he does not see.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

— Soren Kierkegaard

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Football Freak said:

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

— Soren Kierkegaard

 

“Conformity begins the moment you ignore how you feel for acceptance.”
― Shannon L. Alder

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

“I could deny it if I liked. I could deny anything if I liked.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Yeah, exactly like I thought. You can’t. Despite all your opining and smoke and mirrors it all comes to red team blue team.  Thanks.  We’re done here.  Have a good day GB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah but my thing is, was, and will be..Say what you feel.  Share your opinions.   When we start banning people for sharing their opinions?  What kind of world is that?

 

Again, I think it's all context and different for different platforms.  

Feel free to share opinions around here.  The difference is three-fold for me: 

  • this isn't advertised as a news platform,
  • the subscriber base is pretty small (and smaller still is the percentage of subscribers that are on these threads), and
  •  there are not algorithms around here that are suggesting posts, reordering posts to the top, etc.. to keep us on the boards. 

 

Completely different things, and I think that is a big difference in people's problem with "big tech".   Somebody linking a crazy Alex Jones video in here is not nearly the same as somebody uploading that to FB and Twitter.  It's not the same, and mostly due to the combo of #2 and #3 above.  I was listening to a pod this morning talking about fake accounts and tracing inflammatory videos and info.  I am not 100% sure on the stats, but what they found is that 23 accounts were used to spread misinformation that reached millions of people.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Football Freak said:

Please don’t read any tone into this, I’m actually asking sincerely, and with no malice. What is “enough”? Right now, the trump team is 1-27, and the judges have ruled on and dismissed most everything.  Out of necessity, this has to happen quickly, since certifications are happening very soon. Hence, we already had an IG investigation concluded, and all these court motions done. Basically, we are just about at the point that the election was proven to be fair, and the argumentation concluded. I’m curious, is there anything that would convince you all? 

Also, does Trump pay to steam clean the carpets on the way out, or does he stick the bill to Joe and Kamala?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GordonGekko said:
2 hours ago, JAA said:

This is the part that makes me so sad.

If someone claimed that 2+2=5 and everyone else corrected them that 2+2=4, would then the individual claim people are trying to silence him for the crime of having a different opinion of everyone else?

So sad

 

 

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

 

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

 

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”
― Benjamin Franklin, Silence Dogood

 

“It is the rare fortune of these days that one may think what one likes and say what one thinks.”
― Tacitus, Histories of Tacitus

 

“Most people do not really want others to have freedom of speech, they just want others to be given the freedom to say want they want to hear.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away."

― Elvis Presley

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

As far as I am concerned, November 2020 has been the worst month of President Trump's presidency. This nation is in the midst of an emergency. Several states such as Wisconsin and New Mexico are at or close to 100% ICU occupancy. Millions of people are in dire need of economic help. Congress is hamstrung, unable to take any action. And from everything I can see, President Trump has abdicated his responsibility. He refuses to lead and refuses to cooperate with the incoming administration. He is behaving like a petulant child and while he can do that for as long he likes as a private citizen, we need him now. People are going to suffer, and some are going to die due to this man's inaction and none of it will have been necessary. This is the most shameful time I can ever remember for a White House.

good post, and that's not even the extent of it. it's not just that he's being inactive during this time, he is willfully focusing his energy on things that will only weaken the country (e.g. perpetuating the fraud claim without significant evidence, pitting political parties/government leaders/citizens against each other, delaying the transition process, firing anyone who doesn't agree with him, etc.). there is refusal to lead, and there is active destruction. this feels like the latter.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Yeah, exactly like I thought. You can’t. Despite all your opining and smoke and mirrors it all comes to red team blue team.  Thanks.  We’re done here.  Have a good day GB. 

 

“I can't stop shaking. I need you. I want you. I can't let myself have you.”
― Kelli Maine, Taken

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GordonGekko said:
16 minutes ago, JAA said:

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away."

― Elvis Presley

 

“Few love to hear the sins they love to act.”
― William Shakespeare, Pericles

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

― Henry David Thoreau

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...