Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."  - Dirk Diggler -.....or maybe - Rudy Giuliani- 

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• The General

• SaintsInDome2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."  - Dirk Diggler -.....or maybe - Rudy Giuliani- 

“It is there, where they burn books, that eventually they burn people.”
― Heinrich Heine

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Looks like I didn’t make the cut (or was already on the list). 😬.  Lol

You can always been on the list of people who try to railroad others with logical fallacies.

You can join Jason Wood in the waiting room and play Connect Four together and see if anyone else shows up.

5 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

“It is there, where they burn books, that eventually they burn people.”
― Heinrich Heine

"Walk on road. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later,  get squish, just like grape. Here karate, same thing. Either you karate do, yes, or karate do, no. You karate do, guess so,  just like grape.”

__  Myagi, Mister

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

"Walk on road. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later,  get squish, just like grape. Here karate, same thing. Either you karate do, yes, or karate do, no. You karate do, guess so,  just like grape.”

__  Myagi, Mister

“The dictator says "You are allowed to think as you want" but never write it down or talk about it. If you cross these borders we cannot guarantee your security”
― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom

1 minute ago, GordonGekko said:

“The dictator says "You are allowed to think as you want" but never write it down or talk about it. If you cross these borders we cannot guarantee your security”
― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom

"wah-Wah-WAH!"

__ Arcola, Chachi ( in reference to seeing a beautiful woman)

15 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

"wah-Wah-WAH!"

__ Arcola, Chachi ( in reference to seeing a beautiful woman)

“At least we still have freedom of speech," I said.

And she said, "That isn't something somebody else gives you. That's something you give yourself.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Hocus Pocus

11 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

You can always been on the list of people who try to railroad others with logical fallacies.

You can join Jason Wood in the waiting room and play Connect Four together and see if anyone else shows up.

You feel free to put me on whatever list you want to put me on. I’ve got you on the Exposed one.  

17 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

“At least we still have freedom of speech," I said.

And she said, "That isn't something somebody else gives you. That's something you give yourself.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Hocus Pocus

"It's not what you know....it's what you can prove"

---- Lonzo Harris 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dkp993 said:

You know it would be much easier and far more intellectually honest if you just said “I want my team to win”. There’s nothing wrong with that and certainly yours or anyone else’s right to feel that way. But to try and tap dance around all the obvious hypocrisies here to justify a position is blatantly obvious.  No amount of quotes or links is going to help you hide behind it.  

Nope, more copying and pasting I'm afraid.

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

- Dumbledore

“Rationalization is a process of not perceiving reality, but of attempting to make reality fit one’s emotions.”
― Ayn Rand, Philosophy: Who Needs It?

20 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Yeah, exactly like I thought. You can’t. Despite all your opining and smoke and mirrors it all comes to red team blue team.  Thanks.  We’re done here.  Have a good day GB. 

The quotes are pretty amusing.  When in doubt and unable to make a direct argument......offer up a quote.

• Thanks 2

"You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places selling weed and s##t. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and s##t. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherf###er to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform....... and f### it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy f###ed a Martian once."" - Jay

• Love 2
  • Laughing 1
31 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

"You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places selling weed and s##t. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and s##t. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherf###er to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform....... and f### it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy f###ed a Martian once."" - Jay

“Everybody makes excuses for themselves they wouldn't be prepared to make for other people.”
― Rebecca Goldstein, Why Philosophy Won't Go Away

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

My optimism level. Rudy was less insane than I expected and Sidney finished it off nicely. 

Other than the hair dye pouring down his face lol

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Missed that part, I was listening to the audio on my drive home. 

I tried to find a link that wasn’t too rude or offensive. It was coming down from both sides of his head.

https://twitter.com/aurelboricibt/status/1329525700748075010?s=21

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Max Power said:

My optimism level. Rudy was less insane than I expected and Sidney finished it off nicely. 

Serious question.  What did you glean from either Guiliani or Powell that led you to believe there is any there there?  I didn't see any proffer of actual evidence, just more claims of "earth shattering evidence" that they still haven't shown anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If he wins, I'm going to need subtitles on for his pressers. 

He has a  history of a stuttering problem. When he speaks, he generally makes sense and is logical and cohesive imo.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

He has a  history of a stuttering problem. When he speaks, he generally makes sense and is logical and cohesive imo.

That clip wasnt stuttering. It was a guy who didnt know what word to say next. 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That clip wasnt stuttering. It was a guy who didnt know what word to say next. 

Ok maybe. I think we’ve seen him talk enough during the debates and campaign to know he does sometimes stutter or get tongue tied but his cognitive process and what he has to say makes sense (you may not agree but it’s coherent.)

if taking small clips of people talking and not making sense is a thing, we could go back and forth all day with the 2 nominees from 2020.

Edited by Ilov80s
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place