Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

You haven't heard the Wayne co. Certification snafu?

I heard there were a couple partisan GOP canvassers holding things up initially before they relented of course.

It wasn't a gotcha question to you, I just hadn't heard of  "Michigan who is already indicating their vote totals don't match the amount of ballots"

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

You think that involved votes being changed?

How about when the Wisconsin recount matches the machine count.  I assume that won't matter either?

There is literally zero evidence of voter fraud, Rudy even admitted it in PA courts.  And you actually believe that there is some multi-country, multi-government agency plot to rig the election against Trump as your source of faith Sydney has put forward?  She hasn't a shred of evidence.

Blind belief is a scary thing.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Can you provide a link and a summary?

My memory could be off, but my understanding is that everything tabulated for the county was perfectly within the range of "normal", and despite other, nearby counties being further from "perfectly accurate" (but also within the range of "normal"), Republican certifiers refused to certify Wayne but did certify those other counties.  The Republicans then changed their mind upon being shown the evidence and did certify the results.  Finally, after a call directly from Trump, they changed their minds again and asked to uncertify the results.  Is your understanding different?  If so, which specific part of my understanding is incorrect?

Assuming my understanding is correct, I guess I'd agree with your characterization of it as a "snafu", but I'd describe the snafu part as "Trump making a brazen attempt to commit election fraud personally".

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's pretty damning if there is a paper ballot that matches every trump and biden vote recorded. That would mean the machine wasnt switching or weighing votes.

I dont remember what her exact claims for Georgia were. Lin Wood has been the most vocal person about Georgia. He isn't on Trump's team.

Sidney's dominion claims look to line up better with Michigan who is already indicating their vote totals dont match the amount of ballots. 

Yes, and Wood's motion was tossed out - the same Lin Wood who was sued by his business partners for cheating them - the same Lin Wood that represented QAnon-supporting Rep.-elect Marjorie Taylor Greene, the McCloskey couple, and Kyle Rittenhouse.

And Powell has had weeks to produce evidence and yet to date, has not.  Her claims are assumed to be lies until she can provide some type of actual evidence.

Hopefully Trump is compensating both of these folks for participating in his grift.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Can you provide a link and a summary?

My memory could be off, but my understanding is that everything tabulated for the county was perfectly within the range of "normal", and despite other, nearby counties being further from "perfectly accurate" (but also within the range of "normal"), Republican certifiers refused to certify Wayne but did certify those other counties.  The Republicans then changed their mind upon being shown the evidence and did certify the results.  Finally, after a call directly from Trump, they changed their minds again and asked to uncertify the results.  Is your understanding different?  If so, which specific part of my understanding is incorrect?

That's exactly what it is.  Minor, normal deviations, larger deviations in other counties, but according to Trump and his supporters, only the democratic counties should be investigate.

Unreal. 

• Like 2

The claim in MI is that 71% of counties have vote totals that don’t match. But they are off by small numbers. Four here, 12 there, etc. so technically they are correct in stating the totals don’t match, but it’s not like the total votes are off by 71%. They discussed this on various networks this morning and said that happens all the time in elections there. But since it involves so few votes they always certify the results because it never matters in determining who won the state overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The claim in MI is that 71% of counties have vote totals that don’t match. But they are off by small numbers. Four here, 12 there, etc. so technically they are correct in stating the totals don’t match, but it’s not like the total votes are off by 71%. They discussed this on various networks this morning and said that happens all the time in elections there. But since it involves so few votes they always certify the results because it never matters in determining who won the state overall.

I'm shocked that these same patriots didn't point out last election that we had the same thing going on - maybe they only became patriots in the last four years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Sidney's dominion claims look to line up better with Michigan who is already indicating their vote totals dont match the amount of ballots. 

I thought the dominion claim was that the machine flipped votes from Trump to Biden. If that’s the case, that would t affect the ballot total, would it?

This makes sense and lines up with no real evidence of fraud presented in court:

>>Trump told an ally that he knows he lost but is delaying the transition and is trying to sow doubt about election results to get back at Dems for questioning the legitimacy of his own election.<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/kpolantz/status/1329584894473887745

Republicans in Michigan are saying there's no evidence:

>>Rep. Fred Upton, a senior Michigan Republican, told me it's time for Trump to concede -- and he said there's no evidence to back-up widespread voter fraud allegations that would change MI outcome. “No one has seen any real identification of any real fraud,” Upton said of Detroit. <<

https://mobile.twitter.com/mkraju/status/1329551916897079310

1 hour ago, bigbottom said:

I thought the dominion claim was that the machine flipped votes from Trump to Biden. If that’s the case, that would t affect the ballot total, would it?

I think the new Dominion claim is that it was supposed to flip votes from Trump to Biden, but the votes for Trump were so overwhelming that it broke the algorithm.  They then had to stop counting and rely on the backup plan of trucking in hundreds of thousands of votes in garbage bags and cardboard boxes, then feed those ballots into the counting machines multiple times each.

This claim is somewhat confusing.  My first computer, an IBM PCjr from the 80s, could easily handle numbers and math into the millions.  I'm unclear why a modern software company would be incapable of creating an algorithm that couldn't handle similar math.  I'm also unclear why the backup plan would be to truck in 100K ballots and feed them into the machine multiple times.  Seems like either of these plans would be smarter:
A) Bring in a couple hundred ballots and feed them in thousands of times - much less suspicious and noticeable than trucking in hundreds of thousands.
B) Bring in 300K ballots and feed them in once each - this would make the number of physical ballots match the number of votes.

Edited by Rich Conway

1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

This makes sense and lines up with no real evidence of fraud presented in court:

>>Trump told an ally that he knows he lost but is delaying the transition and is trying to sow doubt about election results to get back at Dems for questioning the legitimacy of his own election.<<

>>Rep. Fred Upton, a senior Michigan Republican, told me it's time for Trump to concede -- and he said there's no evidence to back-up widespread voter fraud allegations that would change MI outcome. “No one has seen any real identification of any real fraud,” Upton said of Detroit. <<

In all seriousness, if absolute, indisputable evidence (not just hearsay) of the bolded were found, I would want to see Trump tried for treason.

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

It's pretty damning if there is a paper ballot that matches every trump and biden vote recorded. That would mean the machine wasnt switching or weighing votes.

I dont remember what her exact claims for Georgia were. Lin Wood has been the most vocal person about Georgia. He isn't on Trump's team.

Are you familiar with Lin Wood's previous work?

2 hours ago, Uwe Blab said:

Btw, I had heard of this credibility that Sydney Powell had and now it comes out she was on some Q conspiracy show a year ago.  Oy vey.

https://twitter.com/AlKapDC/status/1197161473308540930?s=20

Yea - as I wrote yesterday - I think we can put to rest these claims that Sidney Powell is a serious, legitimate lawyer.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Yea - as I wrote yesterday - I think we can put to rest these claims that Sidney Powell is a serious, legitimate lawyer.

I’ll tell you though- on pro-Trump websites they are absolutely savaging Tucker Carlson for challenging her. “Traitor” is the kindest thing I’m reading. 
Tucker has been supportive of Trump’s actions here by and large and many times he has said that he’s convinced election fraud took place. But that doesn’t matter; after questioning Powell last night suddenly he’s been a never-Trumper deep stater all along. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Well, one thing we know for sure..If it's on twitter, it's 100% accurate everytime

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I’ll tell you though- on pro-Trump websites they are absolutely savaging Tucker Carlson for challenging her. “Traitor” is the kindest thing I’m reading. 
Tucker has been supportive of Trump’s actions here by and large and many times he has said that he’s convinced election fraud took place. But that doesn’t matter; after questioning Powell last night suddenly he’s been a never-Trumper deep stater all along. 

That introduces a new, interesting topic. What happens to Fox News post-Trump? 

I think its pretty clear Trump is going to team up with OAN or Newsmax or something and brand his own network. And have far right wing conspiracy news. I suspect Hannity will join him.

So what does Fox do? This may be a good thing. It may move Fox more to the center - so they end up becoming more of a mainstream right news and opinion network. That would be a welcome development for them. Though Trump News would be ... toxic.

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

The next few months are going to be a little hot for Fox News and anyone using common sense on their show.  But I am relieved that they are distancing themselves from the whole fraud BS.  I surprises me a little that they are.  I think Rupert Murdoch must have decided that he would take no part in any kind of coup, and the message has filtered downward.

Trump should not have bashed Fox.  As much as he made them, the reverse could just as easily be said.  Without a major network, Trump would not have near the platform he has now.

2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I think its pretty clear Trump is going to team up with OAN or Newsmax or something and brand his own network. And have far right wing conspiracy news. I suspect Hannity will join him.

So what does Fox do? This may be a good thing. It may move Fox more to the center - so they end up becoming more of a mainstream right news and opinion network. That would be a welcome development for them. Though Trump News would be ... toxic.

Fox News is the best news on the weekend.  Their actual News department is top notch and only slightly leans right.  Less than CNN leans left for sure.  It's their primetime weekday opinion shows that really tarnish it.

I think most Republicans will stay with Fox and you will have the extreme move to OAN or Newsmax.  And like you said, that's a good thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I think Hannity has a relatively new contract and it’s worth more than anyone’s ever earned in his industry. I’d be surprised if he left. 

21 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

The next few months are going to be a little hot for Fox News and anyone using common sense on their show.  But I am relieved that they are distancing themselves from the whole fraud BS.  I surprises me a little that they are.  I think Rupert Murdoch must have decided that he would take no part in any kind of coup, and the message has filtered downward.

Trump should not have bashed Fox.  As much as he made them, the reverse could just as easily be said.  Without a major network, Trump would not have near the platform he has now.

Totally. There’s an element of self-preservation, too. Save the party from the nationalist populists. There’s a schism on the right, for sure, and Murdoch is clearly choosing his side.

If they lean into the Romney/Chris Wallace wing of the Rs, that would be a whole lot healthier for the nation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Wait, wait, wait, wait.....wait.  Is this what we are talking about below?  I'm not blaming you at all, but add this to the pile of disinformation thrown out by incompetent people playing some desperate end game here:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1329795770464276480?s=20

OMG. The affidavit Sidney Powell and others are hyping when they say many precincts in Michigan have more votes than actual voters is .... based on data from Minnesota.

That tweet also contains a link to Powerline Blog (a generally Trump friendly website) that caught this.  They are using the wrong state to compare ballots to voters! LOL

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/11/do-trumps-lawyers-know-what-they-are-doing.php

Edited by Uwe Blab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 4

41 minutes ago, Uwe Blab said:

Wait, wait, wait, wait.....wait.  Is this what we are talking about below?  I'm not blaming you at all, but add this to the pile of disinformation thrown out by incompetent people playing some desperate end game here:

That tweet also contains a link to Powerline Blog (a generally Trump friendly website) that caught this.  They are using the wrong state to compare ballots to voters! LOL

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/11/do-trumps-lawyers-know-what-they-are-doing.php

WOW.  I just don't understand where he would have gotten the corresponding Michigan voter numbers to get these percentages.  I think this is much more than a simple mistake.  He used Minnesota counties for the number of votes cast and cross-compared them to Michigan counties for the total possible electorate.  How did he line up the county names in Minnesota and Michigan?  This stinks.

49 minutes ago, Uwe Blab said:

@Max Power?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mene said:

You'd like to think so, but she's really not.  If the last 4 years should have taught us anything, it's that no matter how absurd your claim is, you can just claim that a bigger and more absurd conspiracy is why you aren't able to prove it.  She could go on for the rest of her life claiming this was the biggest conspiracy and coverup in the history of the United States, and a significant portion of the population will believe her.  There is no cost to this stuff any longer.

Rudy already started that: "I can't show you proof because the witnesses' lives would be at risk."

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think he is mentally slipping to the point it will be seen as "in bad taste" to make fun of him in the near future.

Did you watch the link HT posted? You can see Biden lose focus mid sentence and just start saying words. 

Trump has been doing that for 4 years, but he uses "the best words". Words so good you wouldn't even believe it.  Words like nobody has ever seen before. Lots of people are saying it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

Why do you read that garbage?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, whoknew said:

https://theorg.com/org/fox/org-chart/danny-obrien

Danny O’Brien

EVP, Head of Government Relations at FOX Corporation

Danny O’Brien is the Executive Vice President and Head of Government Relations for Fox Corporation. In this role, he leads the Company’s legislative, regulatory and strategic policy matters. Before joining FOX in October 2018, Mr. O’Brien served as the Government Relations Leader for GE Transportation, where he oversaw GE’s global engagement on commercial and public policy issues impacting GE’s aviation and locomotives businesses. Mr. O’Brien served as a long-time senior advisor in the United States Senate where he was chief of staff to Senators Torricelli, Biden and Menendez. Serving the three Senators, Mr. O’Brien managed their policy, communications and political strategies. In the Senate, Mr. O’Brien also served as the staff director for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee where he managed the Committee’s policy and legislative priorities in the areas of national security, economic statecraft, human rights and democracy. Mr. O’Brien holds a bachelor’s degree from University of Redlands in political science and Spanish.

https://prospect.org/power/former-biden-chief-of-staff-is-fox-news-top-lobbyist/

But Fox also hired another political figure: Danny O’Brien, a former top aide to Democratic former vice president and current presidential candidate Joe Biden. From March 2003 to August 2006, O’Brien was then-Sen. Biden’s chief of staff. Two years later, he signed on as Sen. Robert Menendez’s (D-N.J.) chief of staff and then as the Democratic staff director of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. In late 2014 he left Congress for an executive-level government affairs job at General Electric.

In October 2018, Fox Corporation named O’Brien as its executive vice president and head of government relations, the company’s chief lobbying position. Over the past few years, Fox News and the Trump White House have enjoyed a well-oiled revolving door, but O’Brien’s hire doesn’t fit that pattern.

According to a lobbying report posted in late July, O’Brien began officially lobbying for Fox News in the second quarter of 2019, his first registered federal lobbying activities, according to Senate records. Along with two others, O’Brien lobbied Congress on various issues including online privacy and data collection, sports betting, advertising, the First Amendment, and “media ownership.”.....

During Biden’s long career in Democratic establishment politics, he has hitched himself to countless lobbyists and wealthy donors, a pattern that continues today. His campaign and its fundraising operation are closely tied to these interests; for example, Biden’s first campaign fundraising event was hosted by telecom giant Comcast’s top lobbyist. Another Biden fundraiser heads a lobbying team that is fighting restrictions on foreign election influence. His handpicked climate adviser made $1.1 million from a board seat at liquefied natural gas company Cheniere Energy from 2014 to 2018. As of June 30, 62% of the Biden campaign’s individual donations were considered “large,” or over $200, in contrast to much smaller percentages of his top Democratic presidential rivals, Sens. Bernie Sanders (23% from large donors) and Elizabeth Warren (33%).

On Thursday, Biden is skipping an MSNBC climate forum to attend a fundraising lunch, which will cost attendees a minimum of $1,000. Those who want to host the event are required to donate the maximum allowed amount of $2,800 to the Biden campaign.

https://nationalfile.com/busted-foxs-washington-executive-is-actively-campaigning-for-former-boss-joe-biden/

....Fox’s Washington Executive Is Actively Campaigning For Former Boss Joe Biden

by Patrick Howley

June 29, 2020

Danny O’Brien, the executive vice president and head of government relations at Fox News’ parent company, is a former Joe Biden chief of staff who is reportedly actively helping the Biden campaign connect to Washington lobbyists.

Danny O’Brien started out with gigs at the Democratic National Committee, director of ethnic outreach for the Clinton White House, and on the Al Gore campaign. He served as Joe Biden’s chief of staff in the Senate from 2003 to 2006, then worked as political director for Biden’s 2008 presidential campaign.

Danny O’Brien, a former Biden chief of staff who’s now the top lobbyist for Fox Corporation, has helped connect supporters to the campaign as well.

Other former Biden staffers on K Street include Sudafi Henry, a lobbyist who represents clients such as Facebook, FedEx and PepsiCo; Tony Russo, the top lobbyist for T-Mobile; Jeffrey Peck, who lobbies for clients such as Deutsche Bank and Anheuser-Busch; and Chris Putala, a lobbyist whose clients include Comcast and T-Mobile, according to disclosure filings.”

18 hours ago, Doug B said:

"The process"

Did Dominion play a role in the tabulation of the votes cast?

Did Dominion program the software in the equipment?

Was there direct county oversight and was there expertise in that oversight?

Were test runs done before or after the election?

Does Dominion use open source software?

How controlled is the source code for the software and who has access to the source control?

Dominion can file a very expensive libel suit if they wish, but it would open them up to discovery and cross examination.

11 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Kayleigh still giving history lessons to the “activists”

https://twitter.com/dailycaller/status/1329842124691542018?s=21

"History lessons" in the same way Lord of the Rings was a historical documentary.....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-orderly-transition-power/

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the people working for trump are underhandedly trying to point out the flaws of his administration or if they are just grossly incompetent. Not that those two things are mutually exclusive. As the ship is going down it always feels like Giuliani and Kayleigh are frantically trying to save the boat by drilling more holes into the hull. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BoltBacker said:

"History lessons" in the same way Lord of the Rings was a historical documentary.....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-orderly-transition-power/

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the people working for trump are underhandedly trying to point out the flaws of his administration or if they are just grossly incompetent. Not that those two things are mutually exclusive. As the ship is going down it always feels like Giuliani and Kayleigh are frantically trying to save the boat by drilling more holes into the hull. 

My favorite line:

The claim was at odds with reality.

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place