Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

"History lessons" in the same way Lord of the Rings was a historical documentary.....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-orderly-transition-power/

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the people working for trump are underhandedly trying to point out the flaws of his administration or if they are just grossly incompetent. Not that those two things are mutually exclusive. As the ship is going down it always feels like Giuliani and Kayleigh are frantically trying to save the boat by drilling more holes into the hull. 

Everyone knows that Snopes is liberal propaganda.

12 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

"History lessons" in the same way Lord of the Rings was a historical documentary.....

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the people working for trump are underhandedly trying to point out the flaws of his administration or if they are just grossly incompetent. Not that those two things are mutually exclusive. As the ship is going down it always feels like Giuliani and Kayleigh are frantically trying to save the boat by drilling more holes into the hull. 

Snopes?  Oh man.  :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

Snopes. Oof.

I think the thing I'm going to enjoy the most about the transition is all the inevitable gaslighting from the left.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Snopes. Oof.

I think the thing I'm going to enjoy the most about the transition is all the inevitable gaslighting from the left.

OK, what if we skip Snopes and ask Trump himself?

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/president-trump-thanks-the-obamas-at-inauguration-859177027940?v=a

Still fake news?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Obviously that's not what he meant 

"Every four years we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transmission of power. And we are grateful to President Obama and to First Lady Michelle Obama for their grateful aid throughout this transition. They have been magnificent."

So...what do you think he means?

19 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Totally.  They provide evidence and sources for their evidence.  Ridiculous.  No place for that today.

Sure they do.  They get the best evidence from their left wing media buddies to "TRUE" left wing stories and "FALSE" right wing stories.  It's a perfect, incestuous relationship!

54 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

:hifive:

I welcome the new overlords. It’s actually more fun to be the party out of the WH in the game 

Who cares about actually running the country and governing for the best interest of everyone. Ugh this county sucks right now 

37 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I was thinking more a place that created its own political forum where posters can create their own political reality.  Their own little echo chamber.

It's right on the tip of my tongue.  Hmmmmm....

This forum is made up of a lot of people with various political backgrounds. While it is more liberal than it used to be, there are a lot of conservatives here and people who are independent or have a history of voting Republican- myself included. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 2

I think I’m starting to understand why the Trump legal team abruptly cut ties with Sidney Powell. It wasn’t because her claims were too wild even for them. It’s because one of her theories is that, along with stealing millions of votes for Joe Biden, Dominion also ensured that Kelly Loeffler defeated Doug Collins in the Georgia GOP primary. That theory would undercut Loeffler’s bid for the Senate in January 5 and might depress Republican voting so it can’t be allowed. 
What a total #### show. 

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I think I’m starting to understand why the Trump legal team abruptly cut ties with Sidney Powell. It wasn’t because her claims were too wild even for them. It’s because one of her theories is that, along with stealing millions of votes for Joe Biden, Dominion also ensured that Kelly Loeffler defeated Doug Collins in the Georgia GOP primary. That theory would undercut Loeffler’s bid for the Senate in January 5 and might depress Republican voting so it can’t be allowed. 
What a total #### show. 

Yes. She was actively working to lose the Senate for the GOP. The thing is,  I'm not sure Trump cares about that. It is starting to appear that someone stepped in and put the hammer down. I'm really curious what is going on behind the scenes with the GOP.

1 hour ago, TheMagus said:
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

What a total #### show. 

Yes. She was actively working to lose the Senate for the GOP. The thing is,  I'm not sure Trump cares about that. It is starting to appear that someone stepped in and put the hammer down. I'm really curious what is going on behind the scenes with the GOP.

Well, this theory is about to be put to the test, as one of the other lawyers on the Trump Legal Team™ just threw Loeffler and Perdue under the bus:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8976193/Trump-attorney-Lin-Wood-says-Republicans-withhold-votes-Georgia-primary.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

What a total #### show. 

You are giving them WAY TOO MUCH credit.  Newborn babies think more long term than team Trump. 

33 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I see people laughing at my post as if they don’t also belong to the exact same forum and post regularly about their POV.  

It's the same folks over and over despite being asked to not do so.  While you can't stop the trolling emojis, just keep them on your ignore list and move on.  It's not worth the effort or time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

It's the same folks over and over despite being asked to not do so.  While you can't stop the trolling emojis, just keep them on your ignore list and move on.  It's not worth the effort or time.

Best part, you don't even get a notification when they interact with your posts.  Out of sight, out of mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

This forum is made up of a lot of people with various political backgrounds. While it is more liberal than it used to be, there are a lot of conservatives here and people who are independent or have a history of voting Republican- myself included. 

By 'a lot' you must mean like 10, right?  because it is overwhelmingly liberal in here.  Or, maybe, most of them don't post here but based on just the people that post, there is no way there is 'a lot' of conservatives in here.  And I'm also talking about posters who bash conservatives/GOP all day long, speak gloriously of liberals/demcorat all day long but then CLAIM ( :rolleyes: ) that they are Independents or conservatives which, of course, is a bunch of baloney.  Just admit you're a liberal instead of being a political coward.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Laughing 1

18 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

By 'a lot' you must mean like 10, right?  because it is overwhelmingly liberal in here.  Or, maybe, most of them don't post here but based on just the people that post, there is no way there is 'a lot' of conservatives in here.  And I'm also talking about posters who bash conservatives/GOP all day long, speak gloriously of liberals/demcorat all day long but then CLAIM ( :rolleyes: ) that they are Independents or conservatives which, of course, is a bunch of baloney.  Just admit you're a liberal instead of being a political coward.

Or maybe, there are a lot of people who typically identify or identified as conservative or moderate who were just turned off by the disaster of the last 4 years and don't blindly support Donald Trump just because he has an (R) next to his name.  There are still people who vote for/support candidates and don't feel the need to throw their weight behind whatever steaming pile of garbage "their" political party might serve up at any given time.  Oh yeah babe....

Of course, you sprinkle that pile of garbage with a little Essence.... (sprinkles a bit of powder)..... oh, what the hell (throws a bunch of powder) - BAM !!! 

**WILD APPLAUSE**

Oh yeah....you could put that on a car bumper and it would taste good.  When we come back.... ANOTHER NOTCH !!!  STICK AROUND !!!!  DOC GIBBS...............

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Emeril said:

Or maybe, there are a lot of people who typically identify or identified as conservative or moderate who were just turned off by the disaster of the last 4 years and don't blindly support Donald Trump just because he has an (R) next to his name.  There are still people who vote for/support candidates and don't feel the need to throw their weight behind whatever steaming pile of garbage "their" political party might serve up at any given time.  Oh yeah babe....

Of course, you sprinkle that pile of garbage with a little Essence.... (sprinkles a bit of powder)..... oh, what the hell (throws a bunch of powder) - BAM !!! 

**WILD APPLAUSE**

Oh yeah....you could put that on a car bumper and it would taste good.  When we come back.... ANOTHER NOTCH !!!  STICK AROUND !!!!  DOC GIBBS...............

With all due respect, I think that's just an excuse.  I think a lot of people in here like to TELL themselves that, but in reality they're really liberal but trying to play the fence to give an APPEARENCE of being independent or unbiased.

You can still support conservative policies and NOT like your candidate because, what's the alternative?  Voting liberal?  Then, as a conservative, do you just blow off conservative policy for the next 4-8 years because you dislike the current guy and watch the left push forth more and more extreme policy?  Or, do you hold your nose and vote for Trump but still get tax cuts, THREE supreme court justices, immigration control and many more things?  It's silly, because a lot of liberals voted for Hillary and held their nose but conservatives can't do the same?

Edited by BladeRunner

42 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

10 out of how many people that post here? I see the same 30 people over and over. As for your comments about liberals losing as  independents. I voted Kasich in 2016 primary. I originally voted Snyder for governor in Michigan. I’ve voted for Bush and abstained for voting for Obama in his re-election. I do not at all care for the current state of the GOP but I still have a lot of conservative principles. One of our most conservative posters, Rock seems to have even been driven away from the GOP. Or is he another liberal in disguise?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

10 out of how many people that post here? I see the same 30 people over and over. As for your comments about liberals losing as  independents. I voted Kasich in 2016 primary. I originally voted Snyder for governor in Michigan. I’ve voted for Bush and abstained for voting for Obama in his re-election. I do not at all care for the current state of the GOP but I still have a lot of conservative principles. One of our most conservative posters, Rock seems to have even been driven away from the GOP. Or is he another liberal in disguise?

See this post: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=23101149

This might help you understand how I feel about conservatives voting against conservative policy.

I don't think @rockaction is as conservative as you're making him out to be - I think he leans right, but not crazy right.  I could be wrong.

Edited by BladeRunner

10 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

With all due respect, I think that's just an excuse.  I think a lot of people in here like to TELL themselves that, but in reality they're really liberal but trying to play the fence to give an APPEARENCE of being independent or unbiased.

You can still support conservative policies and NOT like your candidate because, what's the alternative?  Voting liberal?  Then, as a conservative, do you just blow off conservative policy for the next 4-8 years because you dislike the current guy?  Or, do you hold your nose and vote for Trump but still get tax cuts, THREE supreme court justices, immigration control and many more things?  It's silly, because a lot of liberals voted for Hillary and held their nose but conservatives can't do the same?

Who said they cant? Millions of them did. Many others didn’t. It’s a choice. Also it depends which conservative principles one might be most invested in. I had been more of a financial conservative, social liberal so Trump offered nothing to me. He’s not fiscally sound. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

See this post: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=23101149

I don't think @rockaction is as conservative as you're making him out to be - I think he leans right, but not crazy right.  I could be wrong.

Maybe my browser is messed up but the link isn’t taking me anywhere. I won’t speak for RA’s politics but if he’s being considered as not very conservative, then I don’t even know what the barometer is anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Honestly, I've never seen you take a conservative position in a discussion.  I don't keep a notebook on people like some do though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

Many of our Trump supporters made the tactical decision to get banned prior to the election.

Right. Because they simply didn't tow the liberal ideology.  Simply being in disagreement was enough to get suspended or banned.

In fact, me just posting this puts me at serious risk of being reported and/or suspended/banned.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Honestly, I've never seen you take a conservative position in a discussion.  I don't keep a notebook on people like some do though.

I was just about to post the same, but I haven't been here that long either.  In the short time I've been here, i've never seen him do that.

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place