What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

We can keep saying that...but have we seen any reason to believe it will hurt them?
IMO it appears that Republicans have been influenced to look at Democrats as the biggest threat to freedom and stability in comparison for example to Russia, brazen corruption and the advancement of the top 1% in income in relation to the regression of the lower and middle classes

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
We can keep saying that...but have we seen any reason to believe it will hurt them?
The lack of outrage of Trump's attempts to subvert our elections through appealing to state legislatures and officials to ignore the popular vote suggests apathy at best regarding preserving the democratic process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump pardons Flynn
Is the pardon just for the charges he is guilty of, or do they include any future charges that may be bought against him?

I've often wondered if it would be worth it for the DA to hold back something for a situation like this.  That's why I've always been curious about Trump pardoning himself.  He hasn't got any charges against him, so how does he know what to pardon himself for?

I realize that victories have been few and far between for Trump supporters recently, so I kind of understand the idea of disproportionately cheering for any shred of a win, no matter how small.

But celebrating a United States military officer who lied to the government and admitted to it? Why be proud of that? Why die on that hill? Just take the W and quietly move on.

I realize that victories have been few and far between for Trump supporters recently, so I kind of understand the idea of disproportionately cheering for any shred of a win, no matter how small.

But celebrating a United States military officer who lied to the government and admitted to it? Why be proud of that? Why die on that hill? Just take the W and quietly move on.
That's funny

IMO it appears that Republicans have been influenced to look at Democrats as the biggest threat to freedom and stability in comparison for example to Russia, brazen corruption and the advancement of the top 1% in income in relation to the regression of the lower and middle classes
Agreed and it’s incredibly dangerous for our country and world for this to be the case. Sadly, I think that has been present for the other side as well where Democrats have painted Republicans and Republican leaders previously as more dangerous than the true threats.

Is the pardon just for the charges he is guilty of, or do they include any future charges that may be bought against him?

I've often wondered if it would be worth it for the DA to hold back something for a situation like this.  That's why I've always been curious about Trump pardoning himself.  He hasn't got any charges against him, so how does he know what to pardon himself for?
"Any and all crimes committed or alleged to have been committed prior to the date of this pardon."

Kao-Lin said:
How much did the Marc Rich pardon hurt Democrats, all told?

(IMO, zero).
I don't think it hurts the political party, but it does effect the public's perception of the outgoing president, IMO.   I didn't have a lot of respect for Clinton, and I lost some more when he pardoned Rich.   Likewise, I didn't have a lot of respect for W, but I gained some when he stiff armed Cheney over the Scooter Libbey pardon.

All the affidavits and I m willing to bet the SIGINT claims pan out. 
Can you point me to a specific affidavit that isn't simply an allegation?  Just stating "we have affidavits" is not evidence, especially when we know that A) "affidavits" could be submitted online without verification, and B) one of Trump's lawyers admitted in court that the affidavits were "mostly spam and lies".

Can you point me to the specifics of the SIGINT claim?

I'm legit trying to see the evidence here, but I keep coming back to unsupported claims.

Can you point me to a specific affidavit that isn't simply an allegation?  Just stating "we have affidavits" is not evidence, especially when we know that A) "affidavits" could be submitted online without verification, and B) one of Trump's lawyers admitted in court that the affidavits were "mostly spam and lies".

Can you point me to the specifics of the SIGINT claim?

I'm legit trying to see the evidence here, but I keep coming back to unsupported claims.
I'll link it for you tonight. I'm on my phone now.

There was a claim yesterday in the AZ hearing as well as in the michigan filing that we saw data packets leave the us and likely tampered with.

More to the point, when do we use Occam's Razor here?  I mean, either:

A) Sidney Powell has somehow managed to sniff out a vast conspiracy involving thousands of people, across both political parties.  For some reason known only to her, she is making wild accusations in the media, yet has refused to provide the proof of this conspiracy either to the media or in court.  In some cases, the claims she has made are mutually contradictory ("Dominion cheated us" and "Trump votes were so overwhelming, it broke Dominion's cheating algorithm, so they hand-processed tens of thousands of ballots as a plan B", and contradict the available evidence we have (GA hand recount number of ballots matched number of votes, within traditional degree of error).  Yet all of that should be ignored because, essentially, she is a serious lawyer and wouldn't risk her reputation.

--or--

B) Trump and co. are playing their supporters to raise money, behavior that would be entirely consistent with Trump's entire known history.

https://news.yahoo.com/report-trump-raised-more-150-044424719.html

I'm just saying, I think Trump will still be in the White House on Jan 22.

Rationalize my insanity however you need to. 
The supporters and the guy who constantly claim false news and dishonesty in reporting and information continue to push false narratives and bogus information with ZERO evidence and zero consequences. I guess you are going down with the ship.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/11/12/vote-certification-deadlines-ga-mi-wi-nv-az-pa/

I'm just saying, I think Trump will still be in the White House on Jan 22.

Rationalize my insanity however you need to. 
Just to indulge this a bit more...  How do you expect that to happen, precisely?  Do you believe SCOTUS will invalidate the election results?  Do you believe state legislatures will appoint different reps to the electoral college in enough states to matter?  Even if Powell can prove a tiny smidgeon of the allegations, what's the path to victory here?

B) Trump and co. are playing their supporters to raise money, behavior that would be entirely consistent with Trump's entire known history.

https://news.yahoo.com/report-trump-raised-more-150-044424719.html
Along these lines, I thought this was a great tweet thread by Erick Erickson (Trump voter and abashed conservative): Link

According to the Trump World narrative,

1. The President was failed by multiple chiefs of staff, his first attorney general, and now his second.
  2. The Durham investigation that would expose everything is exposing nothing, not even itself. But just you wait and see!
  3. The Trump controlled Department of Justice and Trump controlled FBI are in on stealing the election from their boss along with possibly the CIA and now Fox News whose accurate call of Arizona was right, but hurt feelings by coming too soon.
  4. The Republican governors of Georgia and Arizona and the Republican legislators of Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin are in on picking the infrastructure that stole the election and will do nothing to stop it.
  5. The Republican Party in Georgia is unable to get the Republican Governor, Lt. Gov., Secretary of State, or Attorney General to act to do the President's bidding, so they all must be in cahoots with Stacey Abrams who they all dislike.
  6. Dominion Voting Systems handed the vote to Donald Trump in all the counties in which their machines were used in Pennsylvania, but was in on the act of stealing the election there and elsewhere.
  7. The paper ballot votes in Georgia aligned with the Dominion Voter Systems machine count so that is proof the election was stolen, as were the disproportionate use of absentee ballots by Democrats when Trump said not to use them and Biden said to use them.
  8. The lawsuits being filed by President Trump's team are all being tossed from court, often by the judges the President himself picked. The lawyers have failed him. So have his judges and courts.
  9. Maybe it is all a grand conspiracy or maybe, just maybe, and this is a wild idea, but maybe the man who said he hired the best people didn't and that ultimately means that he's not actually very good at picking the right people. But wait…there's more.
  10. For the sake of argument, let's suppose that the Attorney General, who previously served as Attorney General for George H. W. Bush, is actually a highly competent individual and John Durham is too.
  11. But both have been unable to deliver results that would expose the deep state conspiracy against the President -- the one that also involved the DOJ, FBI, and CIA stealing the election from the President with the help of Republican governors and legislators.
  12. And there are a bunch of courtiers to the Trump Administration who've been assuring us that just you wait, it is all going to be exposed and people are going to jail and the deep state house of cards is collapsing.
  13. Maybe…and I know this might just blow your mind…but maybe what if you've been lied to the whole time. There is no conspiracy . There is no theft of the election. The President hired highly competent people, but it is him, not them, that is the problem.
  14. And then maybe, just maybe, because it is him, not them, that is the problem, ultimately it is really you who are the problem because you so willingly got played and even now want to be played because now you're emotionally invested in a cause and a candidate and…
  15. …to admit you were played and he lost and there was no deep state conspiracy or theft of the election would actually make you look bad. So it's better to double down on the lies and $%^& and blame everyone else …
  16. from the Trump appointed AG to the Trump appointed FBI Director to the Trump appointed CIA Director to various Trump endorsed Governors to the GOP establishment to corporate America, the Carlyle Group, the Rothschilds, the Russians, and the Chinese.
  17. Maybe Hillary Clinton was so deeply disliked that Trump could beat her and if he'd not flubbed his first debate, not had so many insane tweets, and not handled the viral situation as he had, he could have beaten Biden. But voters got exhausted and chose to move on.
  18. Or, who knows, maybe the deep state stole it and, if so, using the same machines in 4 years, good luck running Trump again.

Trump lawyer Lin Wood tweets:

"Good morning.

Our country is headed to civil war. A war created by 3rd party bad actors for their benefit – not for We The People.

Communist China is leading the nefarious efforts to take away our freedom.

@realDonaldTrump should declare martial law.”

Included this link:

https://wethepeopleconvention.org/articles/WTPC-Urges-Limited-Martial-Law
He also just tweeted that he might have evidence that China bought Dominion. 

Just to indulge this a bit more...  How do you expect that to happen, precisely?  Do you believe SCOTUS will invalidate the election results?  Do you believe state legislatures will appoint different reps to the electoral college in enough states to matter?  Even if Powell can prove a tiny smidgeon of the allegations, what's the path to victory here?
I'd like to think the States will get it right, but I think ultimately it will be SCOTUS ruling that invalidates certain states.

Users who are viewing this thread