What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (18 Viewers)

Just to indulge this a bit more...  How do you expect that to happen, precisely?  Do you believe SCOTUS will invalidate the election results?  Do you believe state legislatures will appoint different reps to the electoral college in enough states to matter?  Even if Powell can prove a tiny smidgeon of the allegations, what's the path to victory here?

Fareed Zakaria: This is how Republicans keep their power

•Sep 27, 2020

CNN's Fareed Zakaria's discusses President Trump's failure to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election in November and how he could use other branches of the government to retain his position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBgw-eEK30w

Powell will need one or more mid level Dominion employees to flip. That kind of testimony in the court of public opinion would offer political cover needed for this to move.

Whatever anyone thinks of Sydney Powell, she's standing virtually alone here. Fringe elements of the radical left will hunt her the rest of her life. She could have just retired ( she already has FU money), but she decided to stand here. No matter what happens, no matter how people feel about Trump, what she's doing, if she's doing it for pure conviction of her values, is incredibly brave. It's not easy when what you believe does not line up with the masses. It's not easy to stand when that's the case.

If there is corruption at Dominion, their choices will be to flip with Powell or to get slotted one by one. She flushed them out and took away their ability to go to ground. She might be crazy but she's not stupid.

Why, Tony?  Thought you guys were certain Trump would be president on 1/22/21?  He can't run again in 2024 if he's serving out his second term.
Joke's on you.  The people at the Trump parade in my downtown were chanting "12 MORE YEARS! 12 MORE YEARS! 12 MORE YEARS!"

Link to Trump's speech today.

🇺🇸
Desparation.  I almost feel bad for him.  

ETA: I guess he doesn't real need to worry about tarnishing a legacy as I feel a good portion of his supporters will follow him off a cliff; but if he wasn't behaving like this....he probably could make build the narrative that it was his vision that brought about a quick vaccine for COVID.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I was that optimistic that the problem will just vanish when there’s a new President. 
I didn't say anything about the problem vanishing.  We have major problems ahead as a nation.  I'm just talking about what I think will happen in this thread after 1/20/2021.  

Come on Max, you can’t be serious with this 
More transparency in our elections will be a good thing.

Many voters are questioning election integrity and Americans deserve to have faith in the process.

I'm even in favor of appointing a special counsel to investigate irregularities. It's fine if there wasn't enough fraud to swing the election, but no one should think "minor" fraud is ok.

We also have some serious chain of custody issues as a country that need to be examined. 

More transparency in our elections will be a good thing.

Many voters are questioning election integrity and Americans deserve to have faith in the process.

I'm even in favor of appointing a special counsel to investigate irregularities. It's fine if there wasn't enough fraud to swing the election, but no one should think "minor" fraud is ok.

We also have some serious chain of custody issues as a country that need to be examined. 
From what I can tell it’s being investigated and there’s been very little substantial that’s come up. This is not about fair and secure elections for Trump. He wants this election overturned. Has there been any suggested concern or request for investigation in the States or counties he won? No because it’s not about election integrity, it’s about trying to change this election. They are trying and the evidence is extremely underwhelming. It’s been one embarrassment after another from a press conference at a run down landscaping company parking lot to hair dye dripping down the face of the lead attorney to a dead Hugo Chavez rigging the election to filing court claims of voter fraud in a county in Michigan that does not even exist. At this point the most dangerous threat to trustworthy elections is Donald Trump and his gaslighting of his supporters.

Yep. MSM just chose not to air it.
That is complete BS.

The White House chose to broadcast the speech on Facebook alone. From the WSJ:

"...

The White House didn’t allow reporters to observe Mr. Trump’s speech. Aside from an interview with Fox News and a brief exchange with journalists on Thanksgiving, Mr. Trump has largely avoided taking questions from the press since Mr. Biden was declared the winner of the election.

..."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-reasserts-fraud-claims-despite-lack-of-evidence-losses-in-court-11606949718

If that link doesnt work try this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/trump-reasserts-fraud-claims-despite-lack-of-evidence-losses-in-court-11606949718

From what I can tell it’s being investigated and there’s been very little substantial that’s come up. This is not about fair and secure elections for Trump. He wants this election overturned. Has there been any suggested concern or request for investigation in the States or counties he won? No because it’s not about election integrity, it’s about trying to change this election. They are trying and the evidence is extremely underwhelming. It’s been one embarrassment after another from a press conference at a run down landscaping company parking lot to hair dye dripping down the face of the lead attorney to a dead Hugo Chavez rigging the election to filing court claims of voter fraud in a county in Michigan that does not even exist. At this point the most dangerous threat to trustworthy elections is Donald Trump and his gaslighting of his supporters.
This is an excellent post.   From Trump's perspective this has never been about election fraud.  He knows very well that he lost the election but it is in best financial interest to con his supporters into believing his fairy tales and it has paid off handsomely.

Had Trump did what was best for the country by conceding the election when it was clear his challenges were going nowhere he would be $170 million poorer.   Trump may be horrible person but he is a master at getting gullible people to give them their hard-earned money.   He is going to ride this train as long as he can which appears will be a very long ride.

What about matching the ballots signatures to mail in requests?  Seems like a simple enough ask right? 
Just give Trump the audit and prove him wrong and move on.  It's the fighting transparency that people have a problem with.  What is there to hide if the answer is nothing?

I'm fine if you want to investigate states he won.  Audit those numbers as well.  But you have to admit when Biden is pulling huge margins in swing states in the middle of the night in metro areas when non swing states don't show those same margins, it's worth looking into. 

The irregularities are everywhere.  I think denying that is more dangerous to our democracy than a full investigation.

What about matching the ballots signatures to mail in requests?  Seems like a simple enough ask right? 
Just give Trump the audit and prove him wrong and move on.  It's the fighting transparency that people have a problem with.  What is there to hide if the answer is nothing?

I'm fine if you want to investigate states he won.  Audit those numbers as well.  But you have to admit when Biden is pulling huge margins in swing states in the middle of the night in metro areas when non swing states don't show those same margins, it's worth looking into. 

The irregularities are everywhere.  I think denying that is more dangerous to our democracy than a full investigation.
Who says ballot signatures weren't matched?  Are you referring to Georgia?  The process is to match the signature on mailed in ballot to prior records.  That was done.  The actual ballot was then removed from the signature portion.  What more do you want?

With respect to the bolded, it HAS been looked into.  Multiple times.  What you are claiming happened did not happen.  Repeating it over and over again doesn't suddenly make the claim legitimate.

The point is the irregularities AREN'T everywhere.  They just aren't.  Rudy and co. are making outlandish claims about irregularities, but every time those claims are examined, they are found to be false.  It's happened dozens upon dozens of times already.  It's not everyone else's job to prove that Rudy is making #### up.  It's Rudy's job to prove he isn't.

The "massive swings in the middle of the night" were expected due to mail-ballots, many of which could not be counted until the morning of election day.  The fact that the majority went to Biden was also expected since the Democrats were pushing mail-in ballots due to the pandemic while the president was telling his supporters to not trust mail-in ballots and instead vote in person.  The fact that the votes have been counted a minimum of three times in Georgia with little change shows at least in that state the system was working.

There are minor irregularities in every election and sure, we should fix the process where it needs it.   The problem with the president's argument is that he and his crack-team of lawyers have been unable to provide anything in the way of evidence that will stand up in court.   If and when he can do that I will certainly listen, in the meantime it sure sounds like sour grapes and a money grab to me.

I am under the impression the key swing States of Michigan, Arizona, Pennsylvania and Georgia all have signature matching. Also where do you want the audits done? I know MI and PA are doing audits. Georgia did an audit. 

The "massive swings in the middle of the night" were expected due to mail-ballots, many of which could not be counted until the morning of election day.  The fact that the majority went to Biden was also expected since the Democrats were pushing mail-in ballots due to the pandemic while the president was telling his supporters to not trust mail-in ballots and instead vote in person.  The fact that the votes have been counted a minimum of three times in Georgia with little change shows at least in that state the system was working.

There are minor irregularities in every election and sure, we should fix the process where it needs it.   The problem with the president's argument is that he and his crack-team of lawyers have been unable to provide anything in the way of evidence that will stand up in court.   If and when he can do that I will certainly listen, in the meantime it sure sounds like sour grapes and a money grab to me.
If an election needs to be 100% irregularity free for it to count then democracy is over. There’s always going to be human error. My wife works as election official in our small town. They were off by one as they found a ballot at the end of the night that had somehow got tucked into the wrong spot. It wasn’t fraud or even malpractice, just a mistake that happens because we are people. The election was not decided by one vote so it didn’t matter and it’s certainly no reason to invalidate the results of the election in the city, county or State. 

Who says ballot signatures weren't matched?  Are you referring to Georgia?  The process is to match the signature on mailed in ballot to prior records.  That was done.  The actual ballot was then removed from the signature portion.  What more do you want?

With respect to the bolded, it HAS been looked into.  Multiple times.  What you are claiming happened did not happen.  Repeating it over and over again doesn't suddenly make the claim legitimate.

The point is the irregularities AREN'T everywhere.  They just aren't.  Rudy and co. are making outlandish claims about irregularities, but every time those claims are examined, they are found to be false.  It's happened dozens upon dozens of times already.  It's not everyone else's job to prove that Rudy is making #### up.  It's Rudy's job to prove he isn't.
:goodposting: The fact that @Max Power doesn't even know (or pretend to know) that this already went on tells me he's either 1) indeed trolling 2) really misinformed and like a lot of Trump TrueBelievers™ is only surrounding himself in Parlor. Rumble, OANN bubbles.  That is what really stinks about this time period, no base floor of truth.

I actually think it says something about the process that the "Elite Strike Force" hasn't even found one, one! thing to hang their hats on in a court.  It actually tells me the process is in much better shape than I had thought.  As high stakes and high temperature as this election was, I certainly would be willing to bet there would be a bad actor (rogue postal worker, bad poll worker, etc) who forged/double voted/disposed of votes.  But we're talking on a scale of a few dozen votes to a couple hundred.  That they can't even find that tells me they are inept (probably) and its a better process than I figured.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
It's interesting that any opinion that doesn't align with the masses is considered trolling here.  Mods and ####ty posters run off the pro-trump crowd and they wonder why these threads go quiet.  But of course it's not a liberal echo chamber. 
I don’t think you’re trolling. I wish you were. It bothers me greatly that you and millions of others doubt the legitimacy of our elections. 

It's interesting that any opinion that doesn't align with the masses is considered trolling here.  Mods and ####ty posters run off the pro-trump crowd and they wonder why these threads go quiet.  But of course it's not a liberal echo chamber. 
Dude, he brought a printed chart to show how he had won at midnight and lost in the morning when all votes were counted. 

Max is not trolling. He is generally a good contributor here. I have no no idea how he can't see what is going on with Trump's current con. 
Yeah when I said he’s trolling himself, I don’t mean that he is taking on some fake persona here just to screw with people or by that he’s not a real person. I am saying he’s fooling himself by buying so deeply into this con. It’s not a liberal vs conservative political issue. This is something entirely different. 

Users who are viewing this thread