What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (8 Viewers)

Dude, he brought a printed chart to show how he had won at midnight and lost in the morning when all votes were counted. 
I loved the chants of "Stop the Count" in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia where the President was holding onto a decreasing lead while at the same chanting "Count the votes" in Nevada and Arizona where he was behind and gaining.   

Yeah when I said he’s trolling himself, I don’t mean that he is taking on some fake persona here just to screw with people or by that he’s not a real person. I am saying he’s fooling himself by buying so deeply into this con. It’s not a liberal vs conservative political issue. This is something entirely different. 
Very much this -- the opposite of "Trumpist" or "nationalist" is not "liberal".

I loved the chants of "Stop the Count" in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia where the President was holding onto a decreasing lead while at the same chanting "Count the votes" in Nevada and Arizona where he was behind and gaining.   
And he tried in 2017 to crack down on all the election fraud he claimed was happening. He formed his own committee to investigate it and they came back with nothing. I get the appeals for fair and trustworthy elections but how much finger pointing and blame gaming are people going to allow Team Trump to do without evidence before they dismiss him and accept the result. 

• Love
Reactions: JAA
ome on Max, you can’t be serious with this 
More transparency in our elections will be a good thing.

Many voters are questioning election integrity and Americans deserve to have faith in the process.

I'm even in favor of appointing a special counsel to investigate irregularities. It's fine if there wasn't enough fraud to swing the election, but no one should think "minor" fraud is ok.

We also have some serious chain of custody issues as a country that need to be examined. 
Question - do you believe there is more fraud this election than in 2016?

From what I can tell it’s being investigated and there’s been very little substantial that’s come up. This is not about fair and secure elections for Trump. He wants this election overturned. Has there been any suggested concern or request for investigation in the States or counties he won? No because it’s not about election integrity, it’s about trying to change this election. They are trying and the evidence is extremely underwhelming. It’s been one embarrassment after another from a press conference at a run down landscaping company parking lot to hair dye dripping down the face of the lead attorney to a dead Hugo Chavez rigging the election to filing court claims of voter fraud in a county in Michigan that does not even exist. At this point the most dangerous threat to trustworthy elections is Donald Trump and his gaslighting of his supporters.
What about matching the ballots signatures to mail in requests?  Seems like a simple enough ask right? 
Just give Trump the audit and prove him wrong and move on.  It's the fighting transparency that people have a problem with.  What is there to hide if the answer is nothing?

I'm fine if you want to investigate states he won.  Audit those numbers as well.  But you have to admit when Biden is pulling huge margins in swing states in the middle of the night in metro areas when non swing states don't show those same margins, it's worth looking into. 

The irregularities are everywhere.  I think denying that is more dangerous to our democracy than a full investigation
Why do you believe Trump is only focusing on the states he lost with election integrity?

I don’t think you’re trolling. I wish you were. It bothers me greatly that you and millions of others doubt the legitimacy of our elections. 
I hope we all get through this, but I think we have some very trying times ahead.
Trying times because Trump voters are bitter they lost?  Just like Hilary voters were bitter when she lost?  From a voter unhappiness perspective, what is different?

I hope we all get through this, but I think we have some very trying times ahead.
Agreed and it’s nothing personal against you. Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word trolling since it’s so loaded. You may not like me or think I’m an ### when it comes to this discussion but I’m coming from a good spot. I believe you are being swindled. Now I know you probably feel I’m the one being conned and that makes it difficult for us to move forward. I do hope that we as a country do move forward in the coming weeks, months and years though. 

Agreed and it’s nothing personal against you. Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word trolling since it’s so loaded. You may not like me or think I’m an ### when it comes to this discussion but I’m coming from a good spot. I believe you are being swindled. Now I know you probably feel I’m the one being conned and that makes it difficult for us to move forward. I do hope that we as a country do move forward in the coming weeks, months and years though. 
Nothing against you. I know you're one of the better posters here. I don't have a ton of free time lately, so I only reply to the convos I think have potential. 

I'm not trolling the thread with anything pro trump I see. I typically come in here when someone calls me out or bumps old comments. 

We get our news from two different sources and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But right now there are a lot of people who dont have confidence in our system and there is good reason for it. These voting systems were identified as easily hacked for years and now the idea of hacking isnt even being entertained. Its madness. 

All I want is total transparency. Just investigate these claims made in hearings. They made be true and shouldnt be dismissed just because they  ould help Trump. That is dangerous thinking.

I'll also say I run with a very conservative crowd. I'm one of the more liberal ones of the bunch and some things said in small circles worry me.

Nothing against you. I know you're one of the better posters here. I don't have a ton of free time lately, so I only reply to the convos I think have potential. 

I'm not trolling the thread with anything pro trump I see. I typically come in here when someone calls me out or bumps old comments. 

We get our news from two different sources and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But right now there are a lot of people who dont have confidence in our system and there is good reason for it. These voting systems were identified as easily hacked for years and now the idea of hacking isnt even being entertained. Its madness. 

All I want is total transparency. Just investigate these claims made in hearings. They made be true and shouldnt be dismissed just because they  ould help Trump. That is dangerous thinking.

I'll also say I run with a very conservative crowd. I'm one of the more liberal ones of the bunch and some things said in small circles worry me.
What makes you think these claims haven't been investigated?  They have.  Over and over again.  They've repeatedly been shown to be false.  The response in these "hearings" is to simply repeat the claims over again.

What makes you think these claims haven't been investigated?  They have.  Over and over again.  They've repeatedly been shown to be false.  The response in these "hearings" is to simply repeat the claims over again.
This is the part that he seems to keep dismissing.  There have already been tons of investigations and none of them have resulted in any evidence of significant fraud.  But then you have a president who is stating things like "this election was rigged" without any proof.  That's the part that I take issue with but I realize that not all Trump supporters see eye to eye.

I do agree with Max about one thing regardless of the ultimate outcome of this election - this country is heading towards some very dark times ahead.  In some ways being stuck at home these days isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

I obviously want our voting systems to be as secure as possible, but just because there is a possibility our voting systems got hacked does not mean there is any evidence they did get hacked.  The hand recounts that have been done should make this a non-issue, but here we are.

BREAKING: The Wisconsin Supreme Court has refused to hear President Trump's election lawsuit, likely dooming his effort to subvert Democrat Joe Biden's win in the battleground state.

:lmao:

BREAKING: The Wisconsin Supreme Court has refused to hear President Trump's election lawsuit, likely dooming his effort to subvert Democrat Joe Biden's win in the battleground state.

:lmao:
Couldn’t really care less about this news.

But out of curiosity, what’s hilarious about it?

It's interesting that any opinion that doesn't align with the masses is considered trolling here.  Mods and ####ty posters run off the pro-trump crowd and they wonder why these threads go quiet.  But of course it's not a liberal echo chamber. 
To be fair, some of the pro-Trump crowd ran themselves off.  For example, Tony made fun of people who stutter.  He gone.  That wasn't being run off by anybody but himself.  

We get our news from two different sources and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But right now there are a lot of people who dont have confidence in our system and there is good reason for it. These voting systems were identified as easily hacked for years and now the idea of hacking isnt even being entertained. Its madness

Can you explain this a bit more?  Did Republicans feel this way in 2016?

Can you explain this a bit more?  Did Republicans feel this way in 2016?
I don't think Republicans did in 2016.  I know democrats did and some even made claims that Russians hacked the system.

Warren and Klobachar have expressed their concerns in the past with the security of our voting systems.  https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/2019-democrats-warned-election-companies-dominion-are-prone-security

The system is overly complicated and there is plenty of room for improvement. 

I don't think Republicans did in 2016.  I know democrats did and some even made claims that Russians hacked the system.

Warren and Klobachar have expressed their concerns in the past with the security of our voting systems.  https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/2019-democrats-warned-election-companies-dominion-are-prone-security

The system is overly complicated and there is plenty of room for improvement. 
can you link to the claims of Russians hacking in 2016?  I've read about Russian bots influencing the election thru social media post/propaganda but I've haven't seen this Russian hacking claims

The difference is the Democratic nominee and the vast majority of Democrats didn't go nutty filing frivolous lawsuits that can't stand up in court and staging ridiculous press conferences and "hearings".    

Max you're a good guy and if you want to hold out hope that the American election process has failed us, more Power to you.
I dont hope the process failed us. I'm questioning if it did. It's the resistance to transparency that bothers me.

Like I said, it's not a big ask for a independent forensic audit of half a dozen states. Confirm the numbers and we can accept the results and move on

I dont hope the process failed us. I'm questioning if it did. It's the resistance to transparency that bothers me.

Like I said, it's not a big ask for a independent forensic audit of half a dozen states. Confirm the numbers and we can accept the results and move on
The audits have happened.  The recounts have happened.  Why do you continue to ignore that everything you've requested has already happened?

Can you link to one single, specific piece of evidence (actual evidence, not "X might have happened!!1!! Haxxors!") that hasn't been investigated?

The audits have happened.  The recounts have happened.  Why do you continue to ignore that everything you've requested has already happened?

Can you link to one single, specific piece of evidence (actual evidence, not "X might have happened!!1!! Haxxors!") that hasn't been investigated?
They haven't done forensic or signature audits. A recount and audit are not the same. I also dont trust running dominion audits on dominion systems. Let's go full third party with the audit.

They haven't done forensic or signature audits. A recount and audit are not the same. I also dont trust running dominion audits on dominion systems. Let's go full third party with the audit.
Why did you not insist on forensic audits in 2016 or 2018?  There were stories of voter fraud back then and in almost every election.  Should we require audits for every county in every state for every election?   Just cherry picking areas where Trump lost doesn't seem right if you are interesting in full transparency.

If I was truly invested in making sure our voting systems worked, which I personally am, I would be furious at these lawyers for their awful handling of significantly important issues. Trump's legal team and Sydney Powell have botched this so bad, and have done such an unprofessional job, that the next true issue with voting systems is going to be laughed at as a continuation of their abysmal failure. 

One thing I do agree with Max:  the election process can be improved.   It needs to be made easy for citizens to vote and easy to verify.

We need a system where a loser in an election can get a recount if the results are within a certain margin but then after multiple recounts still not accept the results. 

This business of throwing a bunch of allegations against the wall and conning the American people for their own monetary or political gain is BS.  This is third-world country stuff and it has to stop.

One thing I do agree with Max:  the election process can be improved.   It needs to be made easy for citizens to vote and easy to verify.
To go even a step further - I think Trump inadvertently did help with the whole "drain the swamp" by indirectly highlighting some huge holes we have in our democracy and government in general.  I'm totally unwilling to go so far as to say he did it on purpose - it's much more likely he did it for himself.  But either way - we've seen some glaring issues that need to be fixed.  And I'll also agree with folks on the right that say we are spending too much time focusing on just Trump.  Instead, let's focus on a remedy for some of the issues that not only caused Trump to be a reality but also let's figure out how we can limit the damage any one person can do to our nation.

We need a system where a loser in an election can get a recount if the results are within a certain margin but then after multiple recounts still not accept the results. 

This business of throwing a bunch of allegations against the wall and conning the American people for their own monetary or political gain is BS.  This is third-world country stuff and it has to stop.
I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but one of the best things Trump did during his presidency was bring in Krebs to shore up cyber security and election fraud. Krebs, a lifelong Republican hired by Trump to head CISA in 2018 has an impeccable record and left a lucrative gig in the private sector to go to work for his country. 

I believe he did have an impact on making our elections more secure.

I agree, but with a forward thinking mindset. Democrats prioritized improving the election process, but none of their efforts have gone anywhere. We're left to our own devices to speculate why, but I have zero interest in listening to whining from Republicans and Trump specifically about this past one. Decisions have consequences. They had opportunities to tighten up the process and consistently opted to either ignore it or make it more difficult. 

Why did you not insist on forensic audits in 2016 or 2018?  There were stories of voter fraud back then and in almost every election.  Should we require audits for every county in every state for every election?   Just cherry picking areas where Trump lost doesn't seem right if you are interesting in full transparency.
I think any areas that saw large fluctuations or high turnouts should be looked it.

Can you explain exactly what you mean when you say "forensic audit" and "signature audit"?  What is it that you want to happen, and who do you want to do whatever it is?

Re: Dominion, why do we care at all, when we have paper ballots?

Can you explain exactly what you mean when you say "forensic audit" and "signature audit"?  What is it that you want to happen, and who do you want to do whatever it is?

Re: Dominion, why do we care at all, when we have paper ballots?
A signature audit will check the absentee ballot vs the envelope or request form to ensure they match.

Forensic will check the ink/paper to make sure they are legit.

I'd like to see these because these are claims the witnesses are making. 

Eta: forensic will also examine the machines codes

Last edited by a moderator:
A signature audit will check the absentee ballot vs the envelope or request form to ensure they match.

Forensic will check the ink/paper to make sure they are legit.

I'd like to see these because these are claims the witnesses are making. 

Eta: forensic will also examine the machines codes
I'll start with signature audit.  You understand that most states have "secret ballot" provisions, such that once the actual ballot is removed/separated from the envelope, they cannot be linked back together, right?  In most states, when the ballot is first processed, there is a signature matching process, with party observers present.  Once the signature match is confirmed, the ballot itself is then removed/separated for counting, and the ballot itself can then never again be linked back to the signature.  This is the process in Georgia, for example.  So what are you proposing needs to occur now, at this point in the process?  If your answer is that you want John Doe's actual vote to be matched against John Doe's absentee submission with signature, that is impossible.  I suspect that the Trump knows it's impossible, which is exactly why they keep requesting it; so they can then rail against "the system" for not doing it.

Re: forensic audit, I don't understand what you're asking.  What do you mean, make sure the paper/ink are legit?  Is there non-legit paper/ink?  What makes it legit versus non-legit?  Can you be (a lot) more specific regarding the exact process you want to occur?

Re: "claims witnesses are making", the reality is it's really not "the system's" job to prove random claims are false.  A witness saying "I saw bunches of X" isn't falsifiable.  Get someone in court, under oath, and cross-examined, with a specific claim of a specific occurrence.  For example, I saw vote counter Jane Doe do X, in location Y, at time Z.  We'll need to then call Jane Doe to the stand as well.  Until then, this is all just ramblings of internet randos.

Users who are viewing this thread