What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

Very few Democrats are in favor of abolishing ICE, and very few are in favor of running concentration camps. 

Did you hold President Trump responsible when a supporter sent bombs and death threats to leading Democrats? I didn’t. In fact I defended him here. Because I don’t believe that Trump ever called for violence against his opponents. And neither has any Democrat that I know of. 
And Trump’s rhetoric, which they defend, has been far more violence inducing than abolishnice or calling the facilities concentration camps.

Tell me, how does one become so obsessed with the political goings on of a Country you don't reside in?  Do you have family or a SO that live in the states?

It just seems odd, one might even say (yep, you guessed it, I have too) disingenuous!

Who knows, maybe I'm just 'begging the question' again.
I work in the US a fair bit.  And, honestly, what happens in America has a major impact on Canada, and the rest of the world, frankly.  I also did my undergrad in poli-sci (focus on comparative politics).  

Yeah, I like how this guy that laid waste to the Bush/Clinton dynasties and humiliated the media empire is painted as some huge dumb ###.  Well he’s quick on his feet and knows how to play the game.  It might not make him a connected Yale grad but he’s no joke as a political savant.
Yea, "laid waste" to the Bush/Clinton dynasties by tapping into the worst part of his base, their distrust/dislike of immigrants from South of the border.  Such a freaking savant appealing to the lowest common denominator.  He's basically Churchill.

I can get past the spelling, the  notion of even writing it down to remember to bring them up even if he spelled the group name correctly is absolutely ridiculous.  And its not the first tome he has had little reminders for himself to work in some childish barb at someone.  Clear someone else writes his statements and his backtracking and he adds the little notes with his giant sharpie pen.
Kudos for not being hypocritical on this one.  

And Trump’s rhetoric, which they defend, has been far more violence inducing than abolishnice or calling the facilities concentration camps.
Trump has at times cheered on individual acts of violence at his rallies, no question. 

But- violence inducing? That’s a whole different thing, and dangerous, and I don’t think Trump is guilty of it. Or any modern American political figure I can think of (since the late 60s anyhow.) 

AOC, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib are getting even more coverage this week than they were last week, exactly what Pelosi was trying to avoid, and exactly what conservative media has been trying to achieve.................from the perspective of  Democratic leadership, which tries desperately and ineffectually to coordinate messaging, the Squad is composed of four backbench, freshmen members who don’t lead committees, represent swing districts, or control big blocs of votes. 

Trump has at times cheered on individual acts of violence at his rallies, no question. 

But- violence inducing? That’s a whole different thing, and dangerous, and I don’t think Trump is guilty of it. Or any modern American political figure I can think of (since the late 60s anyhow.) 
The second amendment people may have something to say about it?

But perhaps thats still a bit strong...but its nearly impossible to logically defend Trumps rhetoric...and then claim the few calling for the abolishment of ICE and calling tue detention facilities “concentration camps” (which, by definition, they actually are) is responsible for any violent attacks.  Its laughable

No way, I don't want to introduce any bias, you're doing just fine on your own.  Carry on.
Bias? Am I supposed to still be "on the fence" about trump at this point? I think we've seen enough to determine he's incompetent. I mean, the data was there beforehand, but he's had a chance to prove his six bankruptcies were a fluke, but he's only made our deficits worse despite claiming he'd fix them. He's showing no signs of holding up his campaign promise to balance the budget. So yeah, his track record as president has led me to want a change. As someone who claims to not have made up their mind on who you're voting for, you should be paying attention to these issues, although you never stated what issues are most important to you. So far he's crushing it in the "irresponsible spending" and "bigotry" columns and failing in the rest. But you know, vote the issues that matter to you.

You keep claiming his statement was vague...in what what was it vague at all?

And when you couple the latest racist statements withball of his previous racist statements its fair to opine that he is a racist.
He didn’t mention anyone by name.  

Leftists just assumed who he was talking about in the tweet.
Ooops, today Donald referred to them by name. No need to assume.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game. Republicans should not show “weakness” and fall into their trap. This should be a vote on the filthy language, statements and lies told by the Democrat.....

.....Congresswomen, who I truly believe, based on their actions, hate our Country. Get a list of the HORRIBLE things they have said. Omar is polling at 8%, Cortez at 21%. Nancy Pelosi tried to push them away, but now they are forever wedded to the Democrat Party. See you in 2020!

The guy just keeps confirming his racism and his supporters can't even keep up with the spin.

But perhaps thats still a bit strong...but its nearly impossible to logically defend Trumps rhetoric...and then claim the few calling for the abolishment of ICE and calling tue detention facilities “concentration camps” (which, by definition, they actually are) is responsible for any violent attacks.  Its laughable
You realize 5 million people died in actual concentration camps?  Shame on you and your insensitivity.  Political points are what’s important...amiright?

Yeah, I like how this guy that laid waste to the Bush/Clinton dynasties and humiliated the media empire is painted as some huge dumb ###.  Well he’s quick on his feet and knows how to play the game.  It might not make him a connected Yale grad but he’s no joke as a political savant.
Your own people call him a dumb a**. Everyone from Lindsey Graham to @GoBirds

You realize 5 million people died in actual concentration camps?  Shame on you and your insensitivity.  Political points are what’s important...amiright?
Read the definition of concentration camps...these facilities fit the actual definition.

Take the personal BS elsewhere KD.  

The faux outrage over what to call those facilities while saying nothing of the conditions inside of them is laughable

Sorry KD but Trump supporters lost this talking point as soon as they insisted on using the strict dictionary definition of "racism" to defend Trump's tweets.

Do you now understand why it's not a good idea to blindly defend everything Trump says to score political points?

Read the definition of concentration camps...these facilities fit the actual definition.

The faux outrage over what to call those facilities while saying nothing of the conditions inside of them is laughable
You and your crew are being intellectually dishonest on this concentration camp name calling.  Are there gas chambers in the showers?  You know exactly what you are doing.  You are trying to tie our President to Nazis. It’s shameful and disgusting.   

Ooops, today Donald referred to them by name. No need to assume.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game. Republicans should not show “weakness” and fall into their trap. This should be a vote on the filthy language, statements and lies told by the Democrat.....

.....Congresswomen, who I truly believe, based on their actions, hate our Country. Get a list of the HORRIBLE things they have said. Omar is polling at 8%, Cortez at 21%. Nancy Pelosi tried to push them away, but now they are forever wedded to the Democrat Party. See you in 2020!

The guy just keeps confirming his racism and his supporters can't even keep up with the spin.
Yep, he when down the racist rabbit hole and can't get out and now with this sensor vote he is talking house Republicans down there with him.

You and your crew are being intellectually dishonest on this concentration camp name calling.  Are there gas chambers in the showers?  You know exactly what you are doing.  You are trying to tie our President to Nazis. It’s shameful and disgusting.   
This would have been a valid point until 2 days ago. But Trump supporters blew it by defending Trump's racism.

Let us again stop with the personal BS KD.  No need to make false assertions about me or "my crew" ( didn't even know I had a crew).

Read the literal definition of concentration camps...realize, not all are the same as what happened at Auschwitz and the death camps of Nazi Germany.

Im not tying him to anything...its highlighting the very awful conditions in those facilities that Trump and his administration can't defend so they lie about it.  Even the IG agreed the conditions are awful.  

What is disgusting is the continued bogus outrage over a phrase rather than holding the administration accountable for what they are doing down there.  More outrage for a 2 word description than the conditions we are putting people in.

Also shameful is equating the attack in Colorado to democrats while defending all else Trump or right wing.  Just stop.

Sorry KD but Trump supporters lost this talking point as soon as they insisted on using the strict dictionary definition of "racism" to defend Trump's tweets.

Do you now understand why it's not a good idea to blindly defend everything Trump says to score political points?
Do you know how disingenuous it is to claim racism about everything?   Four unpopular congresswomen from tiny partisan districts have held themselves out with nasty rhetoric directed at our President.  I’m fine with him responding like he did. 

Stop waving your democrat party pompoms 

Let us again stop with the personal BS KD.  No need to make false assertions about me or "my crew" ( didn't even know I had a crew).

Read the literal definition of concentration camps...realize, not all are the same as what happened at Auschwitz and the death camps of Nazi Germany.

Im not tying him to anything...its highlighting the very awful conditions in those facilities that Trump and his administration can't defend so they lie about it.  Even the IG agreed the conditions are awful.  

What is disgusting is the continued bogus outrage over a phrase rather than holding the administration accountable for what they are doing down there.  More outrage for a 2 word description than the conditions we are putting people in.

Also shameful is equating the attack in Colorado to democrats while defending all else Trump or right wing.  Just stop.
You know what you are doing when you say “concentration camps.”

Stop. 

Do you know how disingenuous it is to claim racism about everything?   Four unpopular congresswomen from tiny partisan districts have held themselves out with nasty rhetoric directed at our President.  I’m fine with him responding like he did. 
The problem is...he doesn't just respond like that.  He initiates it due to any criticism at all.  He is more guilty of nasty rhetoric than anyone else KD.  And its not just after others "start it".  He initiates it based on being criticized.

And no...him "responding" with racist remarks...even if they said bad things...isn't excusable.  It doesn't make his statements less racist.  And it isn't disingenuous to call his comments racist...they were. THere is no way to logically defend the statements.

The problem is...he doesn't just respond like that.  He initiates it due to any criticism at all.  He is more guilty of nasty rhetoric than anyone else KD.  And its not just after others "start it".  He initiates it based on being criticized.

And no...him "responding" with racist remarks...even if they said bad things...isn't excusable.  It doesn't make his statements less racist.  And it isn't disingenuous to call his comments racist...they were. THere is no way to logically defend the statements.
They weren’t racist.  Stop.  

You know what you are doing when you say “concentration camps.”

Stop. 
I will stop when you admit what Trump said was racist...when you can admit the conditions at these facilities are horrible and this government is responsible for how we are treating people...when you admit what the actual definition of concentration camps is.  And Im not the one who brought it up in the first place to say it.  You did by complaining about that wording being responsible for an antifa attack.

I’m fine with him responding like he did. 
Annnnd here we have it. The inevitable has happened. After stammering around, making weak excuses, seeing those excuses get the rug pulled out from under them, it was always going to end with this.

We all knew it was coming. But thanks for dancing around and making it entertaining.

Right. You're fine with selectively using the dictionary to score political points, while simultaneously decrying the use of the dictionary to score political points.

BTW, I would agree that it's disingenuous to claim racism about everything. However, it's not disingenuous to claim racism when someone tells a natural-born-American-citizen to go back to Africa. That kind of thing is undoubtedly racist.

They weren’t racist.  Stop.  
Please explain why it's not racist to tell a black person -- one who is a natural born citizen of the United States -- to go back to Africa.

My first thought was that they are no where close to concentration camps because the first thing I think of is the Nazi camps.  I decided to look up the definition and the history of concentration camps though and was able to determine that they are indeed very similar, if not the same, as concentration camps.  I think it's pretty accurate to call them that as long as no one refers to them as being Nazi concentration camps because there is a difference.

For arguments sake, is it racist to suggest that folks who don't have American values should not be allowed to immigrate to this country?

Please explain why it's not racist to tell a black person -- one who is a natural born citizen of the United States -- to go back to Africa.
Did he?  I don’t think that is what he intended.  If so, he obviously lost his cool over the attacks on ICE facilities fanned by the flames of the rhetoric peddled by certain members of Congress.  

Concentration camps are to be distinguished from prisons interning persons lawfully convicted of civil crimes and from prisoner-of-war camps in which captured military personnel are held under the laws of war. They are also to be distinguished from refugee camps or detention and relocation centres for the temporary accommodation of large numbers of displaced persons.  

This is from Britannica.  You can see full definition here.  https://www.britannica.com/topic/concentration-camp.  

I am waiting to read how Trump is like Churchhill.  So now he is Hitler and Churchill rolled into one.

For arguments sake, is it racist to suggest that folks who don't have American values should not be allowed to immigrate to this country?
No. But it would depend on how the statement was presented:

"Anyone who doesn't have American values should not be allowed to immigrate" = not racist

"Only non-whites who don't have American values should not be allowed to immigrate" = racist

I will stop when you admit what Trump said was racist...when you can admit the conditions at these facilities are horrible and this government is responsible for how we are treating people...when you admit what the actual definition of concentration camps is.  And Im not the one who brought it up in the first place to say it.  You did by complaining about that wording being responsible for an antifa attack.
So you're trolling him until he says what you want him to say?  Awesome.   We all look forward to you spending another 12 hours of your life in this thread today

"Anyone who doesn't have American values should not be allowed to immigrate" = not racist

"Only non-whites who don't have American values should not be allowed to immigrate" = racist
Would it have been racist for Trump to say that anyone in congress who doesn't share our American values should leave our country?

Did he?  I don’t think that is what he intended.  If so, he obviously lost his cool over the attacks on ICE facilities fanned by the flames of the rhetoric peddled by certain members of Congress.  
What?  now the excuse is the attack on the ICE facilities caused his racist comments?  Comments you keep trying to peddle off on democrats in congress despite no actual link between it?  Stop...you call people intellectually dishonest and disingenuous and then post that?  Enough man

The truth is disgusting a lot of times.  There is nothing wrong with calling something what it is.  You can do the research yourself and see that it's a pretty accurate description of the camps.  Maybe not 100% but still pretty close.
You do realize nobody looks at the Webster’s definition.  The words concentration camp have a historical meaning and will always conjure up those images.  People using that term know exactly what they are doing.  It’s disgusting.  

Would it have been racist for Trump to say that anyone in congress who doesn't share our American values should leave our country?
No. That's just stereotypical "Love it or leave it" rhetoric.

• Smile
Reactions: rct
Seemed threatening.  Should be reported for cyber bullying?
First off..nobody was trolling you...so RW in following me around yet again is speaking about posters and not the topic and making false claims of trolling.

Threatening?  I simply repeated your stop comments you keep saying to me...so if you claim my post was threatening, then so was yours.

My point remains....you seem to be close to acknowledging his comments were racist (though, now by excusing it as lashing out after unrelated attacks on ICE facilities made him do it).  Thats a start anyway.

• Smile
Reactions: rct
Did Trump tell them to go back to the country they come from?  Or was he saying go back to NY, Minn,and Michigan and work on the problems they have there.  I read the tweet and didn't see the word country.

Users who are viewing this thread