Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

That's not going to happen.  Courts will rule that it's too late.  The appropriate time to seek judicial relief was prior to the election, not after.

Ok, we will see if SCOTUS agrees. Not following your own commonwealth's constitution seems like a pretty big deal to me. 

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'm not smart enough on each individual court case, but holistically I feel like claims of fraud, mistakes or failed procedures are not being adequately heard out. I don't know if this is the lower courts wanting nothing to do with these cases and just punting or if the system needs to be reevaluated. 

Georgia had likely fraud caught on tape and its being dismissed.  THIS IS A LIE

Matt Braynard has documented illegal votes in all the states and people just shrug at it.  HIS DOCUMENTATION HAS BEEN SHOWN TO BE FALSE

Wisconsin won't compare signatures for absentee request forms to absentee ballots.  THIS IS NOT REQUIRED

The unnecessarily complicated and historically compromised voting machines had "glitches" that switched votes! Judges won't even let these machines be forensically audited. Machines that were not supposed to be connected to the internet, but were.   THIS IS A LIE - NOTHING SWITCHED VOTES

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.  NOT SURE WHAT ANOMALIES YOU ARE REFERRING TO BUT I WILL GUESS THEY ARE ALSO LIES BEING TOLD BY SOMEONE - I'M UNCLEAR WHAT ANOMALIES IN THE PAST WE LOOKED CLOSER AT BUT IF THERE'S A STANDARD, FOLLOW THAT

Faith in out election process is down and I'm all for additional transparency to restore that faith.   AGREE

We also need a massive overhaul of our election process. This is as good of a start as any.  SOMEWHAT AGREE - TRYING TO OVERTURN AN ELECTION IS NOT A GOOD START

• Love 2

Faith in out election process is down and I'm all for additional transparency to restore that faith. 

We also need a massive overhaul of our election process. This is as good of a start as any. 

I keep hearing this from the right. What does transparency in our election process mean?  You can read how the election process works from start to finish. I learned a lot I didn’t know about it this cycle. You can volunteer to actually participate in the election process (a big THANK YOU to these people). I voted by mail and I could check my barcode to see which step in the process my ballot was at, which seems pretty transparent to me

What overhaul is being proposed?  I would like to see the EC done away with so that we truly have everyone’s voice equally heard and the President isn’t motivated to pander to swing states. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:
17 hours ago, Max Power said:

"You'll See a Lot of Big Things Happening Over the Next Couple of Days" - President Trump 

Here you go....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/07/texas-sues-georgia-michigan-pennsylvania-and-wisconsin-at-supreme-court-election-rules/

This has got to be a joke right?  Like this isnt actually happening is it?

1 minute ago, JAA said:
4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:
17 hours ago, Max Power said:

"You'll See a Lot of Big Things Happening Over the Next Couple of Days" - President Trump 

Here you go....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/07/texas-sues-georgia-michigan-pennsylvania-and-wisconsin-at-supreme-court-election-rules/

Since this isnt a joke - why is this being filed now?  Why wasnt this filed months ago?

2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Since this isnt a joke - why is this being filed now?  Why wasnt this filed months ago?

You could say this about a lot of these frivolous lawsuits not to mention so many people being concerned about election reforms after the fact. Hmmm....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:
3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

What's the point of a new election?  If Donald Trump doesn't win it will be considered rigged.

Might as well make him king and do away with the whole democracy thing.

I think the point is some states do a better job implementing and enforcing Democratic Republic better than others when it comes to determining our one President.  Let’s see if this claim has merit.  

Funny isn't it that only the swing states President Trump lost are the ones who aren't doing a good job.

Are we still glossing over that President Trump voted via mail-in ballot?

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

Is there a specific court case that you believe was decided improperly?  If so, which one and why?

I'm not smart enough on each individual court case, but holistically I feel like claims of fraud, mistakes or failed procedures are not being adequately heard out. I don't know if this is the lower courts wanting nothing to do with these cases and just punting or if the system needs to be reevaluated. 

Georgia had likely fraud caught on tape and its being dismissed. 

Matt Braynard has documented illegal votes in all the states and people just shrug at it.

Wisconsin won't compare signatures for absentee request forms to absentee ballots.

The unnecessarily complicated and historically compromised voting machines had "glitches" that switched votes! Judges won't even let these machines be forensically audited. Machines that were not supposed to be connected to the internet, but were. 

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.

Faith in out election process is down and I'm all for additional transparency to restore that faith. 

We also need a massive overhaul of our election process. This is as good of a start as any. 

Max - you are better than this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

3 minutes ago, JAA said:

Funny isn't it that only the swing states President Trump lost are the ones who aren't doing a good job.

Are we still glossing over that President Trump voted via mail-in ballot?

Should be a lawsuit filed here in FL any day now. 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I keep hearing this from the right. What does transparency in our election process mean?  You can read how the election process works from start to finish. I learned a lot I didn’t know about it this cycle. You can volunteer to actually participate in the election process (a big THANK YOU to these people). I voted by mail and I could check my barcode to see which step in the process my ballot was at, which seems pretty transparent to me

What overhaul is being proposed?  I would like to see the EC done away with so that we truly have everyone’s voice equally heard and the President isn’t motivated to pander to swing states. 

I think we need to get away from the states using a two machine vote tabulation process. Vote on machine A which prints a QR code to scan in on Machine B. It's unnecessary. Especially when user error and glitches cause problems. 

Clean up voter roles prior to election is another good start. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think we need to get away from the states using a two machine vote tabulation process. Vote on machine A which prints a QR code to scan in on Machine B. It's unnecessary. Especially when user error and glitches cause problems. 

No idea what a two voting machine process is or which states use them, but for all the talk of Dominion and voting machines, the hand recounts that have been done thus far have shown the voting machines are accurate.

As for cleaning up voter rolls, it seems more likely you’ll eliminate a valid voter’s ability to vote than prevent an invalid voter from voting twice. It seems like it would be a costly process to do properly, and potentially rife with corruption.  

Edited by Dickies

1 hour ago, JAA said:
5 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:
18 hours ago, Max Power said:

Here you go....

I think it technically qualifies as both "big" and a "thing". Two points for Slytherin!

• Laughing 4
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Dickies said:

No idea what a two voting machine process is or which states use them, but for all the talk of Dominion and voting machines, the hand recounts that have been done thus far have shown the voting machines are accurate.

As for cleaning up voter rolls, it seems more likely you’ll eliminate a valid voter’s ability to vote than prevent an invalid voter from voting twice. It seems like it would be a costly process to do properly, and potentially rife with corruption.  

The recount is accurate when you recount only the QR codes coming from the voting machine into the tabulation machine. Dominion machines have an adjudication process where workers can see ballot images and determine who that vote is actually for. This is an unsecure process. A true audit would look at the paper ballot vs the end result of the QR code entered.

A texas congressman is working on a bill to cross reference voter roles against social security benefits. This will remove all voters who stopped receiving SS benefits due to their death. Shocking we arent already doing this. 

• Thanks 1

They made a change to their absentee voting laws that required a constitutional amendment and then they never amended their constitution. :shrug:

There is a dispute as to whether or not it required an amendment and the change was made long before the election but they chose to challenge Act 77 weeks after the election was over.  Now they're  asking to throw out 2.5 million ballots cast by American citizens or just ignore the vote and appoint republican electors.   

That would be like the loser of the Super Bowl waiting until March to challenge the ruling of a TD scored against them in the 3rd quarter of the game after they lost the lead.

It is silly

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.  NOT SURE WHAT ANOMALIES YOU ARE REFERRING TO BUT I WILL GUESS THEY ARE ALSO LIES BEING TOLD BY SOMEONE - I'M UNCLEAR WHAT ANOMALIES IN THE PAST WE LOOKED CLOSER AT BUT IF THERE'S A STANDARD, FOLLOW THAT

There were a lot of statistical firsts this year.  Why anyone finds this odd is beyond me.  There are a lot of reasons why 2020 is unique:

• COVID  - need I say more?
  • a president who has openly feuded with the media for years
  • a president who ran unopposed on his party ticket a few months after being impeached
  • a large faction of the incumbents party openly campaigning against him (Lincoln Project)
  • a president who signaled prior to the election that he would cry FRAUD!!1!! if he did not win (in fact, the same president who called FRAUD!111! when he did win in the prior election)
  • a president who actually turned method of voting into a partisan characteristic (i.e. (R) vote in person, (D) vote by mail)

It's insane that anyone would try to look at previous trends and expect the same patterns to extrapolate to 2020.  Anyone who does that is either a terrible statistician or a partisan hack (or both).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Roy L Fewks said:

Another one of Trump's lawyers (Jenna Ellis) has tested positive for COVID.

She was sitting right beside Rudy in all of the "hearings" and press conferences, neither wearing masks.   Knowing what we do about how this spreads it would have been amazing if she didn't get Covid.     I hope she recovers fully and quickly but man she was being reckless with her health and to those around her.

ETA: She attended Friday’s party at the White House, maskless of course...

Edited by Godsbrother

4 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

There is a dispute as to whether or not it required an amendment and the change was made long before the election but they chose to challenge Act 77 weeks after the election was over.  Now they're  asking to throw out 2.5 million ballots cast by American citizens or just ignore the vote and appoint republican electors.   

That would be like the loser of the Super Bowl waiting until March to challenge the ruling of a TD scored against them in the 3rd quarter of the game after they lost the lead.

It is silly

Looks like you were right.

52 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Lousiana and Alabama joining the Texas suit. Which was added to the SCOTUS docket. 

Link please? I’m seeing people claim crazy things like there are now 12 states joining the TX suit, etc but nothing is being reported anywhere (meaning under any news organization). 

• Thinking 1

18 minutes ago, Witz said:

Link please? I’m seeing people claim crazy things like there are now 12 states joining the TX suit, etc but nothing is being reported anywhere (meaning under any news organization). 

I'll post one when I find one. Heard it from a friend who said it was on Bannon's show.... which I know is not a source around here. I haven't heard more than those two states though. 

ETA: Link for LA

Alabama AG statement: https://twitter.com/AGSteveMarshall/status/1336435391403057156?s=20

Edited by Max Power
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'll post one when I find one. Heard it from a friend who said it was on Bannon's show.... which I know is not a source around here. I haven't heard more than those two states though. 

Unfortunately I don’t think you’ll find one (who knows though - crazier things continue to happen). I think it’s more expressed wishful thinking than anything else.

It’s the continuing to reach for the next rung on the hope ladder. Folks were being told it doesn’t matter about this loss or that loss, we want to get to the next level. Well they reached the Supreme Court and not just lost, they weren’t even heard. It’s being spun now that this loss doesn’t matter - the reason they turned it down is because the TX lawsuit is even bigger and the Supreme Court wants to focus on that one. They think since it’s on the docket it’ll be heard - being in the docket means nothing and the court doesn’t even need to acknowledge or respond to it. I personally think they will respond to it just to deny it but what do I know. 

The unfortunate situation is there are a lot of people in this country who take what they hear from these sources/talking heads as gospel so they continue to get strung along hoping and believing that things will turn out their way despite the continued evidence to the contrary. (not to mention making donations to these individuals/groups). The whole situation is just sad and disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, Witz said:

Unfortunately I don’t think you’ll find one (who knows though - crazier things continue to happen). I think it’s more expressed wishful thinking than anything else.

It’s the continuing to reach for the next rung on the hope ladder. Folks were being told it doesn’t matter about this loss or that loss, we want to get to the next level. Well they reached the Supreme Court and not just lost, they weren’t even heard. It’s being spun now that this loss doesn’t matter - the reason they turned it down is because the TX lawsuit is even bigger and the Supreme Court wants to focus on that one. They think since it’s on the docket it’ll be heard - being in the docket means nothing and the court doesn’t even need to acknowledge or respond to it. I personally think they will respond to it just to deny it but what do I know. 

The unfortunate situation is there are a lot of people in this country who take what they hear from these sources/talking heads as gospel so they continue to get strung along hoping and believing that things will turn out their way despite the continued evidence to the contrary. (not to mention making donations to these individuals/groups). The whole situation is just sad and disappointing. 

Tell me more about this.  :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Witz said:

https://twitter.com/AGRutledge/status/1336452654982160392?s=20

Arkansas AG supports as well. 

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is holding, but we've seen more than enough first hand evidence that many modern Republicans would happily ignore democracy if given the chance.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

58 minutes ago, JAA said:

Its like people want a Civil War.  I dont get it

I think many Americans on the right would rather have a civil war than have another Democrat president.  If it means doing away with election to keep Trump in the office then do be it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JAA said:

Its like people want a Civil War.  I dont get it

What does this mean? That people are going to just start murdering other humans? Because that's what war is.  Is that really what people think is coming over an election?  US civilians murdering each other at will?  Do people honestly think this?  Who would do this over an election?  So absurd. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Our TX AG Ken Paxton is under investigation by the FBI and appears to have been caught red handed on a few crimes while in office, including bribery and securities fraud.

So his filing of a frivolous lawsuit today seems to be a naked attempt to appeal to an audience of one for one of those preemptive pardons.

When you’re so corrupt there’s no reasonable out, participate in the coup attempt. Seems like something that might work. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/11/17/texas-ken-paxton-fbi/amp/

That's a lot of accusations. I hope your reputation on this board doesn't suffer.

10 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I think many Americans on the right would rather have a civil war than have another Democrat president.  If it means doing away with election to keep Trump in the office then do be it

These are interesting one sided observations which I love.

I would be willing to add to this that liberals would have lost their collective minds if Trump won again.   So let's make sure we are calling it for bof sidez.

Remember, they OPENLY wanted to do away with the election in 2016?   Remember the push by the left for "conscientious electors" that could vote against Trump?  Remember that?  Nah..It's just the right that does these things.

Funny how the left at times forgets things that ACTUALLY happened(like trying to do away with an election) and instead talk about that they think will happen.

Edited by supermike80

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I would be willing to add to this that liberals would have lost their collective minds if Trump won again.   So let's make sure we are calling it for bof sidez.

Remember, they OPENLY wanted to do away with the election in 2016?   Remember the push by the left for "conscientious electors" that could vote against Trump?  Remember that?  Nah..It's just the right that does these things.

Funny how the left at times forgets things that ACTUALLY happened(like trying to do away with an election) and instead talk about that they think will happen.

It's the LEFT insists on talking about what they think would happen?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, apalmer said:

It's the LEFT insists on talking about what they think would happen?

I don't understand what you wrote.

If you are saying that bof sides do it, I will acknowledge that.   

My point, I guess more directly, was that this is not a one sided issue.  But thank you for pointing it out.

20 hours ago, Max Power said:

Never even heard of this. Is that what your State uses? So you plug your votes into a computer and it gives you a code and then you scan that code into another computer? In Michigan you use a pen to fill out a scantron bubble sheet and then you run it through the machine. 

8 hours ago, General Malaise said:

What does this mean? That people are going to just start murdering other humans? Because that's what war is.  Is that really what people think is coming over an election?  US civilians murdering each other at will?  Do people honestly think this?  Who would do this over an election?  So absurd. 

The official Arizona GOP Twitter account RT’d a message from a supporter saying that he was “willing to give up his life for the (election) fight“ and the GOP party replied to it with: “He is. Are you?”

That sure sounds a lot like WW1 style propaganda. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I don't remember the leaders of the Democratic party advocating or even suggesting that we do away with the 2016 election.   There were a few faithless electors in 2016 but it was a handful and I believe that Hillary Clinton lost more than Donald Trump did.

I don't recall Hillary Clinton saying the election was stolen from her nor do I remember the Democratic party filing 60+ lawsuits in an effort to disregard millions of ballots of American citizens.  I also don't remember anyone from the left calling for Obama to declare martial law to remain in power and I am pretty sure that no blue states attempted to invalidate the results of states that Clinton did not win.

Sure there are quacks on bof sidez that say ridiculous things but it typically doesn't come from the leaders of the party.   What we are seeing now is a level of crazy that has never been seen before in America and the Republican party is going along with the ride and giving credence to absurd conspiracy theories that are convincing millions of people to not trust the American election process.

But hey, if it can put hundreds of millions of dollars in Trump's pocket I guess it's worth it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place