What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (3 Viewers)

How is America's voice being stolen? We just had an election and America chose a new President. Sounds like their voice was heard just fine. Something to be proud of, not rally against.
People are protesting that we believe illegal votes were counted and the election was poorly administered in several states.

In the 4 years since Trump has been elected President, the GOP has lost control of the House, the White House, and now the Senate.

Whether you like Trump, or not, its hard to argue against the notion that his presence has been toxic - on both an individual level, but also on an institutional level.

I think the GOP has to figure out how to capture the enthusiasm that Trump generated amongst his base, without all of the negativity associated with that.  At this point, I don't know how much of the problem was message, or messenger.  

From a "popular" standpoint, left-leaning policies have more broad-based support today, than most (but certainly not all) of Trump's policies.  But, again, I think the GOP could be more persuasive to a broader group of people if/when they change messengers.  One of the challenges will be how to move on from Trump-style politics, and how the GOP can keep his base engaged while also expanding the audience.

This is 100% on Mitch about fighting Donald on the stimulus and screwing the people who need cash
Do you blame Mnuchin at all for not negotiating the $2000 like Trump wanted? Why were the President and the Treasury Sec. not on the same page during those negotiations? And how did Trump not know what was being negotiated on his behalf? I think those are valid questions.

There's really no reason not to do this , everyone wants to be sure things are done correctly. It hurts nothing. 
The substantial cost to do so is a reason not to.

The lack of evidence making it necessary is a reason not to.

The likelihood of finding any statistical difference being slim to none is a reason not to.

Yeah...there are plenty of legitimate reasons not to do that.

At this point, Trump has shown that NO ONE, no matter how loyal they've been or for how long, is immune to his attacks.  Pence the last one in line.

Not that this is surprising at all, but it just clearly shows that the only thing that truly matters to Trump is Trump.  And it's always been that way.

At this point, Trump has shown that NO ONE, no matter how loyal they've been or for how long, is immune to his attacks.  Pence the last one in line.

Not that this is surprising at all, but it just clearly shows that the only thing that truly matters to Trump is Trump.  And it's always been that way.
Will he or anyone up in the Republican party call out Lin Wood and his tweets about Pence, Rosenstein, and Justice Roberts?

I wonder if Pence will look back at that first cabinet meeting with great fondness.

ETA: For posterity

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with old white dudes and blue suits and red ties?
I don't know if other Gen Xers recall this experience, but:

When I was in college (early 1990s), there was a popular book being passed around about how to dress for success in the business world. That book was HUGE on wearing a red tie, calling it the "power tie". Anyway, guys going on internship interviews, or graduating seniors going on job interviews, etc. commonly consulted this book and followed its suggestions.

When I was in college (early 1990s), there was a popular book being passed around about how to dress for success in the business world. That book was HUGE on wearing a red tie, calling it the "power tie". Anyway, guys going on internship interviews, or graduating seniors going on job interviews, etc. commonly consulted this book and followed its suggestions.
I was in the golf business at the time. At every trade show or event, 90% of the dudes had khakis, blue shirt, blue blazer and red tie.

None of those dudes in the picture were in college in the 90's :)

👍

Color psychology.

Blue suits also evoke feelings of trustworthiness, which is excellent for job interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

No doubt :D  but it's apparently an old sartorial strategy.

Looked it up: the book was actually called Dress for Success. The first edition came out in 1975 and was updated in 1988.

I'm probably going. My wife wants to go, but I don't want her there. I'll be talking with a couple buddies at work tomorrow to get a final call on if we're going or not. 

Ex-military and currently a dept of Army federal employee. Yes we do support and defend the constitution. 

Do you really think the military isnt mostly pro Trump? Biden years will be more endless wars that impact our lives and families more than civilians understand. 
Anecdotal to be sure, but I know a number of Marines who were not at all happy when Trump called Mattis the world’s most overrated general, as Mattis is revered in the Corps. That doesn’t make them want to run out and vote Democrat, but I don’t know that I’d call them pro-Trump. Again, just speaking to the Marines I know (who are all conservative).

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread