What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

That came across to you as a tough gut act? OK then.

You ignored my questions, and are taking a statement -- about a public message board not being a place to expect just a single point of view to be expressed -- as a personal attack? Again, OK then.

I've seen earnest dialogue from guys like Max and Sho Nuff -- people may not agree, but that shouldn't stop them from delving into each other's viewpoints. That's not being divisive, nor should the attempt to have that kind of good faith dialogue be prevented -- "in here" or anywhere else.
Strongly disagree, maybe scroll back a day and see how sensitive your friend got about answering one post directed at him. Thanks for the good laugh though about this 99% liberal forum being my safe space, every angle you are taking is definition of  :potkettle: . I don’t see this going in a positive direction, let’s move on. 

Strongly disagree, maybe scroll back a day and see how sensitive your friend got about answering one post directed at him. Thanks for the good laugh though about this 99% liberal forum being my safe space, every angle you are taking is definition of  :potkettle: . I don’t see this going in a positive direction, let’s move on. 
I have zero interest in playing "whatabout" games that have nothing to do with me. If you have axes to grind with other posters, that's your bed to lie in.

I don't see this as a 99% liberal forum. Is that hyperbole really based on simply people asking you questions about your stances?

Happy to move on, I don't think the earnestly to engage is there as opposed to finding fault with others. So be it. 

@benshapiro

1. What happened yesterday was absolutely horrifying and disgusting.
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. The attempt to blame all conservatives or Trump voters for the actions of those they have consistently and overtly condemned is politically-motivated, deliberately divisive drivel.

5. The solution here isn’t going to be Twitter or Facebook crackdowns. It’s a renewal of a sense of civic solidarity and social fabric-building we have long abandoned.
6. The double standard with regard to rioting in the media (it’s good when it’s BLM, it’s bad when it’s Trump supporters) is egregious. And vice versa for those who engage in whataboutism.

I have zero interest in playing "whatabout" games that have nothing to do with me. If you have axes to grind with other posters, that's your bed to lie in.

I don't see this as a 99% liberal forum. Is that hyperbole really based on simply people asking you questions about your stances?

Happy to move on, I don't think the earnestly to engage is there as opposed to finding fault with others. So be it. 
No it’s from polling and math. They did a poll about a year ago that showed it at 85% liberal. This year they ran off the majority of the 15% remaining.  

Last edited by a moderator:
No it’s from polling and math. They did a poll about a year ago that showed it at 85% liberal. This year they ran off the majority of the 15% remaining.  
Thanks -- did they do a new poll that showed the numbers moving from 85% to 100%? I'd be super surprised if that was the case.

No it’s from polling and math. They did a poll about a year ago that showed it at 85% liberal. This year they ran off the majority of the 25% remaining.  
Yes.  We are like the last of the Jedi.  @HellToupee and @GoBirds will soon be sent to opposite ends of the galaxy to lay low, train younglings, and prepare for our eventual return after years of crippling taxation, political correctness, virtue signaling, identity politics, apology tours, globalization, gender merging, rampant inflation, cratering stock values, and all around malaise.  

After he's thrown Pence under the bus the last few days, any chance Pence still considers pardoning him if that was the plan?
I don't think so, not after yesterday. If there was a plan for Trump to resign to receive the pardon, that's probably been scrapped as well. And that's what makes things a bit more scary now - Trump doesn't have an out for when he's left office, so he's probably more desperate than he already was.

Leah McElrath @leahmcelrath · 1h

Trump called in to the Republican National Committee meeting this morning...and he was GREETED WITH CHEERS

(Don’t believe political theater. Believe how people act when they don’t think they’re being watched.)

So that should boost his spirits some.

@benshapiro

1. What happened yesterday was absolutely horrifying and disgusting.
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. The attempt to blame all conservatives or Trump voters for the actions of those they have consistently and overtly condemned is politically-motivated, deliberately divisive drivel.

5. The solution here isn’t going to be Twitter or Facebook crackdowns. It’s a renewal of a sense of civic solidarity and social fabric-building we have long abandoned.
6. The double standard with regard to rioting in the media (it’s good when it’s BLM, it’s bad when it’s Trump supporters) is egregious. And vice versa for those who engage in whataboutism.
6. The media never aimed BLM rioting was good though.  Where or when did they do that?

I don't think so, not after yesterday. If there was a plan for Trump to resign to receive the pardon, that's probably been scrapped as well. And that's what makes things a bit more scary now - Trump doesn't have an out for when he's left office, so he's probably more desperate than he already was.
That's what I thought as well.  A cornered animal with no escape left....

I think I found your problem if you have a hard time distinguishing left from right in a political forum. 
My problem with political forums is they tend to have absolute polarity. It sometimes should be really hard to tell someone's affilaition as political views are spread across myraid issues.

Things shouldn't be so black and white, us vs them. It's easier for a lot of people to just devolve into that mode rather than accepting that when we are talking about our own beliefs, it's going to be uncomfortable having to examine your own point of view vis a vis someone else's.

I think Ted Cruz and Hawley can forget about a presidential run after what happened yesterday.  This will stick to them.

They chose unwisely.
Trump got more votes than any Presidential candidate before. He didn’t suddenly become unhinged on Nov 3. His supporters aren’t going to be overly dismayed at the riot and cheer what Cruz and Hawley did yesterday. 

Trump got more votes than any Presidential candidate before. He didn’t suddenly become unhinged on Nov 3. His supporters aren’t going to be overly dismayed at the riot and cheer what Cruz and Hawley did yesterday. 
Agreed.  But I don't see the Republican party pandering and walking in lock-step to Trump anymore.  Even Bill Barr is blasting him.  Trump's influence took a massive hit yesterday.  A lot less Republican's are afraid of him, and a lot more are starting to call it like it is.

Trump also got more votes against him than any presidential candidate before him.

Yeah - I think that scene yesterday was a like a splash of cold water in the face of the GOP.  But they'll warm back up quickly to Stop the Steal, Make the Libs Cry and MAGA.

Yeah - I think that scene yesterday was a like a splash of cold water in the face of the GOP.  But they'll warm back up quickly to Stop the Steal, Make the Libs Cry and MAGA.
I'm not sure about this.  Many of the Republican senate and congress look ready to take their party back.  With yesterday's event, Trump has lost so much influence. Between resignations, and party members speaking out against his actions, it looks like much of his power is gone.  Couple that with him leaving office in two weeks...

Huh? 

The poll you may be referring to is the poll about whether one supports Trump. Many, including myself, are registered Republicans who voted no. Opposing Trump and being a "liberal" are not mutually inclusive concepts. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Leah McElrath @leahmcelrath · 1h

Trump called in to the Republican National Committee meeting this morning...and he was GREETED WITH CHEERS

(Don’t believe political theater. Believe how people act when they don’t think they’re being watched.)

So that should boost his spirits some.
Eesh. I had held out hope that most behind closed doors would have the private sentiment of "his policies are great but I wish he'd just shut up and stop embarassing us." 

Yes.  We are like the last of the Jedi.  @HellToupee and @GoBirds will soon be sent to opposite ends of the galaxy to lay low, train younglings, and prepare for our eventual return after years of crippling taxation, political correctness, virtue signaling, identity politics, apology tours, globalization, gender merging, rampant inflation, cratering stock values, and all around malaise.  
Reported for fat shaming!

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
General Malaise said:
Well, I don't think Cruz ever stood a chance regardless.  He is incredibly unlikeable and his 2016 bid was an abject failure.  He's universally disliked, the Jared from Subway of Republicans absent the icky child stuff.  Well, sort of....

But Hawley?  I think this cat has legs and will galvanize Trump's base to follow him.  He's 10x the mental acuity of Cruz and far less chimo looking.
I can't stand Cruz, but I definitely think he's a very bright guy (who makes bad decisions at a clip exceeded only by drunk sailors in a foreign port).  Hawley, on the other hand I don'r regard as all that bright. Seems cut from the Jared Kushner mold.  He's got a pedigree and all, but I think he's propped up more by his privilege that his merit.

Users who are viewing this thread