Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

Go back to the first 10-20 pages of this thread (in 2019). Write down every conservative poster’s name and see how many are still left.  

Conservative does not equal Trump supporter

• Like 3
  • Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• The General

• SaintsInDome2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

Just now, gianmarco said:

After he's thrown Pence under the bus the last few days, any chance Pence still considers pardoning him if that was the plan?

I don't think so, not after yesterday. If there was a plan for Trump to resign to receive the pardon, that's probably been scrapped as well. And that's what makes things a bit more scary now - Trump doesn't have an out for when he's left office, so he's probably more desperate than he already was.

• Like 1

Leah McElrath @leahmcelrath · 1h

Trump called in to the Republican National Committee meeting this morning...and he was GREETED WITH CHEERS

(Don’t believe political theater. Believe how people act when they don’t think they’re being watched.)

So that should boost his spirits some.

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

@benshapiro

1. What happened yesterday was absolutely horrifying and disgusting.
2. See above.
3. See above.
4. The attempt to blame all conservatives or Trump voters for the actions of those they have consistently and overtly condemned is politically-motivated, deliberately divisive drivel.

5. The solution here isn’t going to be Twitter or Facebook crackdowns. It’s a renewal of a sense of civic solidarity and social fabric-building we have long abandoned.
6. The double standard with regard to rioting in the media (it’s good when it’s BLM, it’s bad when it’s Trump supporters) is egregious. And vice versa for those who engage in whataboutism.

6. The media never aimed BLM rioting was good though.  Where or when did they do that?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

After he's thrown Pence under the bus the last few days, any chance Pence still considers pardoning him if that was the plan?

Shark move would be to say "President Trump has done nothing wrong - I don't need to pardon him!"

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
1 minute ago, Gr00vus said:

I don't think so, not after yesterday. If there was a plan for Trump to resign to receive the pardon, that's probably been scrapped as well. And that's what makes things a bit more scary now - Trump doesn't have an out for when he's left office, so he's probably more desperate than he already was.

That's what I thought as well.  A cornered animal with no escape left....

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

How will we identify them - will they be skinny and wearing black?

I think I found your problem if you have a hard time distinguishing left from right in a political forum. 

13 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Either way, obviously a safe space for non Liberals. Obviously. 

I don't get what you are saying here at all.

Do you really believe this forum is not safe for non-liberals? 

• Laughing 1
5 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

I think I found your problem if you have a hard time distinguishing left from right in a political forum. 

My problem with political forums is they tend to have absolute polarity. It sometimes should be really hard to tell someone's affilaition as political views are spread across myraid issues.

Things shouldn't be so black and white, us vs them. It's easier for a lot of people to just devolve into that mode rather than accepting that when we are talking about our own beliefs, it's going to be uncomfortable having to examine your own point of view vis a vis someone else's.

7 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I think Ted Cruz and Hawley can forget about a presidential run after what happened yesterday.  This will stick to them.

They chose unwisely.

Trump got more votes than any Presidential candidate before. He didn’t suddenly become unhinged on Nov 3. His supporters aren’t going to be overly dismayed at the riot and cheer what Cruz and Hawley did yesterday. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Media glorified the summer riots

By showing them?  They did the same yesterday.  They are ratings drivers.

How did they glorify actual rioting?

6 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

“Show me where it says protests are supposed to be polite and peaceful “

-Chris Cuomo , CNN

One guy who claims he was using the quote of John Lewis.  And he was blasted for saying it.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

One guy who claims he was using the quote of John Lewis.  And he was blasted for saying it.

Compare CNN reporting of the “protests” in Portland compared to the Portland Police Twitter account.  

/the end 

3 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

Trump got more votes than any Presidential candidate before. He didn’t suddenly become unhinged on Nov 3. His supporters aren’t going to be overly dismayed at the riot and cheer what Cruz and Hawley did yesterday. 

Agreed.  But I don't see the Republican party pandering and walking in lock-step to Trump anymore.  Even Bill Barr is blasting him.  Trump's influence took a massive hit yesterday.  A lot less Republican's are afraid of him, and a lot more are starting to call it like it is.

Trump also got more votes against him than any presidential candidate before him.

12 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

Yeah - I think that scene yesterday was a like a splash of cold water in the face of the GOP.  But they'll warm back up quickly to Stop the Steal, Make the Libs Cry and MAGA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Yeah - I think that scene yesterday was a like a splash of cold water in the face of the GOP.  But they'll warm back up quickly to Stop the Steal, Make the Libs Cry and MAGA.

I'm not sure about this.  Many of the Republican senate and congress look ready to take their party back.  With yesterday's event, Trump has lost so much influence. Between resignations, and party members speaking out against his actions, it looks like much of his power is gone.  Couple that with him leaving office in two weeks...

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Think we can get him in the PSF?

I'm pretty sure Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon are already in here.  We've had a couple guys who could be Olbermann level out there too so it's possible he's here.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
1 hour ago, 36Kevon said:

No it’s from polling and math. They did a poll about a year ago that showed it at 85% liberal. This year they ran off the majority of the 15% remaining.  

Huh? 

The poll you may be referring to is the poll about whether one supports Trump. Many, including myself, are registered Republicans who voted no. Opposing Trump and being a "liberal" are not mutually inclusive concepts. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Leah McElrath @leahmcelrath · 1h

Trump called in to the Republican National Committee meeting this morning...and he was GREETED WITH CHEERS

(Don’t believe political theater. Believe how people act when they don’t think they’re being watched.)

So that should boost his spirits some.

Eesh. I had held out hope that most behind closed doors would have the private sentiment of "his policies are great but I wish he'd just shut up and stop embarassing us." 

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Yes.  We are like the last of the Jedi.  @HellToupee and @GoBirds will soon be sent to opposite ends of the galaxy to lay low, train younglings, and prepare for our eventual return after years of crippling taxation, political correctness, virtue signaling, identity politics, apology tours, globalization, gender merging, rampant inflation, cratering stock values, and all around malaise.  

Reported for fat shaming!

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Well, I don't think Cruz ever stood a chance regardless.  He is incredibly unlikeable and his 2016 bid was an abject failure.  He's universally disliked, the Jared from Subway of Republicans absent the icky child stuff.  Well, sort of....

But Hawley?  I think this cat has legs and will galvanize Trump's base to follow him.  He's 10x the mental acuity of Cruz and far less chimo looking.

I can't stand Cruz, but I definitely think he's a very bright guy (who makes bad decisions at a clip exceeded only by drunk sailors in a foreign port).  Hawley, on the other hand I don'r regard as all that bright. Seems cut from the Jared Kushner mold.  He's got a pedigree and all, but I think he's propped up more by his privilege that his merit.

18 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

From twitter 

Trump has now been banned from the following platforms:

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Twitch
Shopify
YouTube

Look at them trying to feel important. :lmao:

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

From twitter 

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Twitch
Shopify
YouTube

At least there's still Tik Tok.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

From twitter 

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Twitch
Shopify
YouTube

Trump has not been banned from Twitter (yet). He was given a 12 hour suspension.

3 hours ago, 36Kevon said:

Not necessarily -- liberal-vs.-conservative is not binary. They are instead the ends of a spectrum.

18 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Not necessarily -- liberal-vs.-conservative is not binary. They are instead the ends of a spectrum.

this

Labels are a product of politicians who want to divide us.  It is a simple divide-and-conquer algorithm.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump has not been banned from Twitter (yet). He was given a 12 hour suspension.

12 hour suspension starting when he removes his tweets which he hasn't done yet because they're still flagged (maybe he doesn't know how to or care to?).

2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

From twitter 

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Twitch
Shopify
YouTube

Lol @ Shopify 

Trump stuck to the script.  Good speech that needed to be made, although he started with a lie about immediately calling in the National Guard.  

I heard, but have not tried to verify,  that his attorneys dismissed his last 3 cases relating to election fraud.

17 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

Twitter unlocked his account and he released video condemning the riots. Great speech by the president.   Must watch. 

He lied about 6 seconds into it. And its a day too late after telling the radicals "you are loved" and "never forget this day". He's hearing the talks of impeachment (again) and 25th Amendment.

But it would have been a great address yesterday, live.

8 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Trump banned from Facebook &Instagram forever. Oh this won’t  feed into the lunatic fringe 

It should bother everyone. But since it's Trump people will cheer without thinking through the implications.

ETA: woops didn't realize I was several pages behind here. 

Edited by NorvilleBarnes
5 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

It should bother everyone. But since it's Trump people will cheer without thinking through the implications.

ETA: woops didn't realize I was several pages behind here. 

Like everyone else, no one cares until it happens to them or someone they support. The fact that big tech and media is controlled by the left gives them good cover though - no one will ever get banned on their side.

so they can argue all day long that we should be doing this because they never have to worry about it happening to them.

15 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

He lied about 6 seconds into it. And its a day too late after telling the radicals "you are loved" and "never forget this day". He's hearing the talks of impeachment (again) and 25th Amendment.

It's a day late and almost certainly done out of f self-preservation, but I'll take it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

It's a day late and almost certainly done out of f self-preservation, but I'll take it.

I was with you til the last 4 words. 

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:
17 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

No doubt its the best we've heard from him yet, so there's that.

6 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Like everyone else, no one cares until it happens to them or someone they support. The fact that big tech and media is controlled by the left gives them good cover though - no one will ever get banned on their side.

so they can argue all day long that we should be doing this because they never have to worry about it happening to them.

What is the issue with a private company requiring compliance with its terms is service?  Joe bans people around here on the regular.  That’s his right.  Booting Trump from Facebook is no different, just a larger scale.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Not true. It's not censored or flagged by Twitter at all. THE premier authority of truth.  

He knows the 25th talk is just hot air. Hes smarter than that. Even if they had the votes, which they dont, the dont have time. 

Edited by 36Kevon
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place