Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Big Tech going full out to  censor and threaten to deplatform Parler 

:shrug:  Could still be worried about Section 230 repeal...

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

:shrug:  Could still be worried about Section 230 repeal...

Biden has already said he wants to do away with it.   There's a good chance that it at least gets reworked.   

Good point:

Susan Hennessey

@Susan_Hennessey

·

1m

In permanently suspending Trump's account (and his 88.7 Million followers) Twitter has deprived Trump of a major avenue for monetizing the presidency after he leaves office. Those howls of rage you hear coming from the White House are about $$$, not free speech.

• Like 4

I think if I were advising Melania - I would head to Mar-A-Lago, or NYC, tomorrow.  Take Barron, and get out of the WH now.  I can't imagine these last two weeks going well for Trump.

• Like 1

Damn. The Army McCarthy hearing that destroyed Joe McCarthy was the biggest and quickest political turnaround in American history. That was true until Wednesday. This is amazing. 
If I were writing a comprehensive history of this era I would title it “The Rise and Fall of Donald Trump”. The fall culminated on Wednesday; we’re already in the epilogue. 

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I think if I were advising Melania - I would head to Mar-A-Lago, or NYC, tomorrow.  Take Barron, and get out of the WH now.  I can't imagine these last two weeks going well for Trump.

They’ve been down in West Palm Beach a bunch since November. I imagine after Wednesday they’re not going to stick around in DC. 

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

@timcast

A major political party and massive multinational corporations are removing their political opposition

Its a cultural coup

A big part of life is learning how to play well with others.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

@timcast

A major political party and massive multinational corporations are removing their political opposition

Its a cultural coup

Free market in action.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@benshapiro

Good news for the media: now that a fringe group of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, the media can go back to slandering all 74 million people who voted for Trump as racists who are complicit in the overthrow of the republic, and calling for them to be silenced. Unity!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Without twitter, what else does he really have to do?  Might as well resign and go play golf in Florida, imo.

If he wants to keep following the repeating pattern in his life, he’ll simply join Parler: The USFL of social media

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
43 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Without twitter, what else does he really have to do?  Might as well resign and go play golf in Florida, imo.

Release the kraken? (Just kidding internet overlords)

2 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

If he wants to keep following the repeating pattern in his life, he’ll simply join Parler: The USFL of social media

That app has a shelf life of 3 days imo

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

@benshapiro

Good news for the media: now that a fringe group of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, the media can go back to slandering all 74 million people who voted for Trump as racists who are complicit in the overthrow of the republic, and calling for them to be silenced. Unity!

https://images.app.goo.gl/STh3omwA2ZZtsScu9

• Laughing 1

Jonathan Swan @jonathanvswan · 1m

In several of our conversations over the past few years, Trump has said he considers social media -- Twitter & FB in particular -- to be his most powerful weapon. This will anger him more than perhaps anything that has happened during his presidency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HellToupee Mitt wasn't it, Trump shouldn't have been it (and I think ultimately even you will admit that) - who's it going to be next? Are you up for a fractured conservative constituency or do you think there's someone out there that can bring it back together and govern well?

8 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Jonathan Swan @jonathanvswan · 1m

In several of our conversations over the past few years, Trump has said he considers social media -- Twitter & FB in particular -- to be his most powerful weapon. This will anger him more than perhaps anything that has happened during his presidency.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to tweet it, does it make a sound?

Geoff Bennett

@GeoffRBennett

Wow. Included in Twitter’s statement, explaining why it banned Trump: “Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.”

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

The only reason I bring it up is because you guys want to seem to forget about it.

Also, the "threaten or harm" statement seems to be made up or an assumption on your part.

Screaming 'whataboutism' is for people who want to forget about the behavior of their side and ignore it.  We can't, because it's entirely relevant here.  You guys pull this type of crap every time your called out.

No, the only reason you are bringing it up in this context is to make excuses for what happened at the Capitol and try to downplay it rather than discussing what currently happened. That’s the only reason to bring it up in this situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, the rover said:

I'm assuming Melania has fulfilled the terms of her re-negotiated pre-nup and will be serving him with divorce papers, so he could start preparing for that.

I’m not so sure that she isn’t fully supportive of Donald.

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Damn. The Army McCarthy hearing that destroyed Joe McCarthy was the biggest and quickest political turnaround in American history. That was true until Wednesday. This is amazing. 
If I were writing a comprehensive history of this era I would title it “The Rise and Fall of Donald Trump”. The fall culminated on Wednesday; we’re already in the epilogue. 

Except he's still as popular as ever, probably even more popular as a martyred figure with his base. Sad.

12 minutes ago, Shatner! said:

Except he's still as popular as ever, probably even more popular as a martyred figure with his base. Sad.

McCarthy was just as popular with his base (which, by the way, was largely the grandparents of the current base) for months and years afterward. But among independents he became poison and that made him basically invisible and irrelevant, because the conservative base is never enough by itself. 
Trump is finished. He doesn’t realize it yet. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

@timcast

Its a cultural coup

Don’t yell fire in a movie theater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Shatner! said:

Not really, a lot of them are pissed that he appears to be giving up the battle.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, knowledge dropper said:

Cancel Culture comes to the PSF

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediately and is permanent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 9
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediately and is permanent.

So he can still join Tik Tok?

I do think there is a certain irony to the ending of Trump's presidency.  For his entire adult life, Trump has been discarding people in his life, as soon as they were no longer useful to him.  And, now, at the sunset of his era, people are discarding Trump with impunity, as they realize he no longer provides any use to them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1
56 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

No, the only reason you are bringing it up in this context is to make excuses for what happened at the Capitol and try to downplay it rather than discussing what currently happened. That’s the only reason to bring it up in this situation.

I've made myself PERFECTLY clear on how I felt that what happened yesterday was disgusting.  

I'm willing to see that violence and riots on either side is wrong.  You guys want to forget that your side looked the other way/made excuses when BLM/Antifa was doing it.  Now you're all up in arms - and you should be.

However, I would prefer to see all of those hypocrites posts start with, "I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite, but those DC riots were disgusting".  At least those of us reading would then understand that they recognize their hypocrisy.

Fair enough?

Edited by BladeRunner
6 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I've made myself PERFECTLY clear on how I felt that what happened yesterday was disgusting.  

I'm willing to see that violence and riots on either side is wrong.  You guys want to forget that your side looked the other way/made excuses when BLM/Antifa was doing it.  Now you're all up in arms - and you should be.

However, I would prefer to see all of those hypocrites posts start with, "I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite, but those DC riots were disgusting".  At least those of us reading would then understand that they recognize their hypocrisy.

Fair enough?

Mostly everyone agrees that yesterday was disgusting. The issue I have is how didn't mostly everyone agree that what he had been doing for the last 5 years was also disgusting? 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Fair enough?

My side? I think you may be confused. I’m in no way liberal if that’s what you think. I called out the rioting and violence as most did at the time on both sides. There were very few people who refused to condemn the riots and violence.

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Apparently Trump has been trying to tweet with the @POTUS  account, but Twitter is just deleting the posts as he posts them.

One of my social media Trump loving friends said he is banning Twitter LOL.  University of Mn educated hardcore Trumper has been sharing Antifa conspiracy garbage post and getting them fact checked. I have been bad....I have been reporting some people’s Facebook  post as false news. 

31 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I do think there is a certain irony to the ending of Trump's presidency.  For his entire adult life, Trump has been discarding people in his life, as soon as they were no longer useful to him.  And, now, at the sunset of his era, people are discarding Trump with impunity, as they realize he no longer provides any use to them.

The end was inevitably this or a health scare.

18 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Apparently Trump has been trying to tweet with the @POTUS  account, but Twitter is just deleting the posts as he posts them.

Here's what he got out (but was immediately removed)

President Trump @POTUS
As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me --- and YOU, the 75,000,000 great...

President Trump @POTUS
...patriots who voted for me. Twitter may be a private company, but without the government's gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long. I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we...

President Trump @POTUS
...also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future. We will not be SILENCED! Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH. They are all about promoting a Radical Left platform where some of the most vicious people in the world are allowed to speak freely...STAY TUNED!

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I believe he posts under a name that rhymes with Grow Tough.  

• Laughing 1
41 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Mostly everyone agrees that yesterday was disgusting. The issue I have is how didn't mostly everyone agree that what he had been doing for the last 5 years was also disgusting? 

Well, I disagree for the most part.

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

lolz

Also Apple bans Parler from the App store and Google bans Parler from Google Play. 

But yeah HAHAHAHAHA Orange Man Bad amitire guys? Huh? Huh?

We have to "protect" everyone!

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

McCarthy was just as popular with his base (which, by the way, was largely the grandparents of the current base) for months and years afterward. But among independents he became poison and that made him basically invisible and irrelevant, because the conservative base is never enough by itself. 
Trump is finished. He doesn’t realize it yet. 

I'd love that, but I'd argue that today's world of social media and hyper partisan "news* outlets will keep him highly relevant for years to come.

2 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

lolz

Also Apple bans Parler from the App store and Google bans Parler from Google Play. 

But yeah HAHAHAHAHA Orange Man Bad amitire guys? Huh? Huh?

We have to "protect" everyone!

I don’t think Trump is even on Parler.  

• Laughing 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place