Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

1 minute ago, mr roboto said:

Sometimes, kind of. He’s not nearly as smart as he thinks he is or as most of his followers think he is.

It’s weird there’s times I’m listening to him that I’m really in full agreement but again I would love to see him call out some of the problems on his own side he just seems to want to be the next darling of the right wing media echo chamber.  He pretends to be an intellectual but he’s really just a hyperpartisan  

He has an audience.  He feeds them what they want.  No different than the talking heads on various newsish shows on both sides.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• The General

• SaintsInDome2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

15 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

That's pretty f'n scary.  EVERYONE should be concerned about this.  But we'll just get more claps, jokes and memes from the left.

Well, until liberal tech comes for them too.  But it will be too late.

It’s also why those people have gladly accepted that small businesses, churches and schools have been shut down and decimated for nearly a year. They like being controlled. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, the rover said:

He has an audience.  He feeds them what they want.  No different than the talking heads on various newsish shows on both sides.

Sounds like Facebook/Twitter for Liberals. 

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Sounds like Facebook/Twitter for Liberals. 

Wasnt Trump’s main platform Twitter?  You guys are all over the place with this.

25 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

You forgot the context. 

Twitter is interpreting these two tweets together as a call to attack the inauguration.  :rolleyes:

Assessment

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

• President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
  • The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending. 
  • The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
  • The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election. 
  • Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021. 

As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

The irony from the right over this is amusing - Trump was pushing for repeal of Section 230 - which would have forced these companies into uber censors to avoid being sued.

SO, now they are censoring like the right was pushing them to do - and the right is :shuked:

No.  You've got that backwards. 

Well, the Twitter suspension explains why Parler crashed for a couple hours today.  I hope he moves over, the media couldnt help but cover what he parlays(?), and Parler would get all the airtime instead of Twitter.  

6 minutes ago, Captain Cranks said:

Trump and Cruz and Hawley.  Elite Ivy League educated white males who have never been told that their ideas can’t be expressed and have always been able to basically say whatever they want wherever they want without fear of repercussion are now having snowflake level hissy fits over not being allowed to make clearly false claims that are dangerous to the core foundations of our democracy.  

This whole “I’m just representing my constituents and asking honest questions“ bull#### is dangerous and he knows it and he knows it’s wrong. I’m wondering if they go along with this because of fear of the Trump base or because there’s some other reason why if Trump goes down and gets fully expose many of his enabler‘s on the right will end up being exposed for other things as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

For what it’s worth, I’m not really sure I agree with the assessment of those two tweets myself. But that hardly matters. Twitter thinks he’s a toxic influence and they’re perfectly entitled to act accordingly. 

I agree - but it sounds like they are privy to more information related to other interactions with those tweets among other users.

ETA - and to my point earlier - Twitter believes there is nothing Trump can do to hurt their business at this stage - so they are flexing their power a little.

Edited by Sinn Fein

The 3d Chess continues:

The Trump campaign digital director Gary Coby just had his account suspended by Twitter after he changed his Twitter name to "Donald Trump" and tweeted from his account.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
15 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

It’s also why those people have gladly accepted that small businesses, churches and schools have been shut down and decimated for nearly a year. They like being controlled. 

This is a completely non-sensical argument. You’re advocating for a constraint on a private business. The exact thing that you’re arguing is wrong about shut down orders. 

Edited by Ramsay Hunt Experience
LOL nonsensual
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

No.  You've got that backwards. 

Well, the Twitter suspension explains why Parler crashed for a couple hours today.  I hope he moves over, the media couldnt help but cover what he parlays(?), and Parler would get all the airtime instead of Twitter.  

How is it backwards? Section 230 current form means social media can't be sued by content posted on their platforms.... Repealing it would mean they can be sued.  You don't think they would moderate more to prevent lawsuits?

7 minutes ago, the rover said:

Wasnt Trump’s main platform Twitter?  You guys are all over the place with this.

I was for censorship before? That’s weird, I wasn’t aware. 

4 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:
34 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

lolz

Also Apple bans Parler from the App store and Google bans Parler from Google Play. 

But yeah HAHAHAHAHA _____ Man Bad amitire guys? Huh? Huh?

We have to "protect" everyone!

Well, he tried to orchestrate a coup.  That’s pretty bad.

:goodposting:

I mean, I thought the whole point of those catchy three-word phrases (which I thought were bannable phrases, but maybe that doesn't apply anymore?)....anyway, I thought the whole point was to ironically say those phrases whenever the liberals were hyperventilating over a nothingburger?

Does that format not apply anymore? Is there no bar where you think to yourself, "Hey, maybe I shouldn't try to deflect and downplay this one?"

It's one thing to laugh at the boy who cried wolf. It's another thing to keep doing it while the wolf is eating your face.

• Like 2
Just now, HellToupee said:

Trump was kneecapped with the riot fiasco and Big Tech is picking him up and dusting him off by this mass banning. 

Luckily he's a billionaire and he can commission his own platform.  Seriously, how hard is it to write an app that allows you to post brief messages on the internet?  Obviously, it would take a trillionaire to make the search function work, but that's not a requirement, right?

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
6 minutes ago, belljr said:

How is it backwards? Section 230 current form means social media can't be sued by content posted on their platforms.... Repealing it would mean they can be sued.  You don't think they would moderate more to prevent lawsuits?

Who knows?  Maybe?

At the VERY least they would be forced to suspend/ban liberals instead of just anyone who doesn't tow the liberal line as they do now.  At least then it would be fair across the board.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, belljr said:

Link

34 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’m trying to be as honest as fair as I can. Trump, IMO, behaved terribly both this week and during his 4 year term. He has committed several impeachable offenses, the latest one before Wednesday being that phone call with the Georgia Secretary of State. I’d vote to impeach him for that for sure, plus I’d throw him in jail for interfering in the election. 
But as far as Wednesday goes...I just don’t know if he really “incited” the riot, and I also don’t know if the riot rose to the level of “insurrection.” On both questions I have serious doubts. 

How about having Guiliani speak for him and enthusiastically calling for trial by combat?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

lolz

Also Apple bans Parler from the App store and Google bans Parler from Google Play. 

But yeah HAHAHAHAHA Orange Man Bad amitire guys? Huh? Huh?

We have to "protect" everyone!

All you have to do is click the APK link on parler.com. I dont understand why we ever had app stores in the first place.  

Twitter has banned something like 200000 accounts this year. Many of those were for posting lies, some for inciting violence.

Seems like this Donald J Trump one isn’t that special.

Trump was allowed to post lies and retweet hateful crap for years.  He was given much more leniency than any of us would have gotten.

He was warned many, many times but kept pushing and he went too far multiple times. He instigated this and was using Twitter to do it.  And now Trump is crying he was perma-banned?  Cry me a river.

Frankly kicking him off was the smart thing for Twitter to do from a liability standpoint. 

25 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Who knows?  Maybe?

At the VERY least they would be forced to suspend/ban liberals instead of just anyone who doesn't tow the liberal line as they do now.  At least then it would be fair across the board.

They don’t moderate based on political affiliation.  It’s hate speech, inciting violence and other violations of their terms of service.  Of course if there was increased liability they would moderate more strictly.   There is no rational basis for thinking they wouldn’t.

39 minutes ago, Shatner! said:

How about having Guiliani speak for him and enthusiastically calling for trial by combat?

And, it was insurrection.  They were looking to take hostages and saying they wanted to kill pence.  

Edited by zoonation
1 hour ago, the rover said:

I just understand the difference between private businesses and governmental action.  I am perfectly capable of deleting my Facebook and Twitter accounts if I don’t want to support their businesses, and I believe that private business should act as they see fit within the bounds of the law.  

Seems to be a surprising number of people mixing up governments with First Amendment obligations and private entities with terms of service that have absolutely zero obligation to those who have accepted said TOS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, the rover said:

They don’t moderate based on political affiliation.  It’s hate speech, inciting violence and other violations of their terms of service.  Of course if there was increased liability they would moderate more strictly.   There is no rational basis for thinking they wouldn’t.

Link

Boy do they have you fooled. 

2 hours ago, mr roboto said:

Eh only kind of. That’s his downfall. He’s partly right (esp about the media bias/wokeness/cancel culture etc). But if that’s his take away from Trump getting banned from Twitter, that the media is now going to call 74 million people racist? That’s not the point. He’s using this as a way to get back to his little quasi-intellectual Republican talking points and never really stands up to his own group or party when they need it.

People who like him think he’s some sort of brilliant genius   But he’s really just the rights version of a whiny freshman political science major who talks really fast.

He knows who butters his bread. 

7 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Max is a good guy and some here have been dunking on him. Not a good time , that’s all. Plenty of time for victory laps later.

Agreed.  The devotion to Syndney Powell was awfully hard for me to understand but he has always been a decent chap.  No harm from me intended. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Yep, it’s all about making the Left feel safe/get their way. Censorship on this level is a slippery slope, doubt it ends well. 

Serious question as an investor: would you short Twitter/Facebook/Apple/Google on Monday based on your belief that censorship by them won't end well? 

12 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Trump gave a heads up to Tucker Carlson about what he was going to tweet under the POTUS username, and Tucker read out what Trump had written--and the tweet was deleted before Tucker had finished the paragraph.

Gold, Jerry. Gold. 

The Gang That Couldn't Tweet Straight

Biden and what's her name mixing up uniting the country with attacks against Trump and 75 million Americans.  Nice work after Trump committed to a peaceful transfer of office.  Biden throws out another Nazi reference.  Idiots.  

22 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

Biden and what's her name mixing up uniting the country with attacks against Trump and 75 million Americans.  Nice work after Trump committed to a peaceful transfer of office.  Biden throws out another Nazi reference.  Idiots.  

Not cool, man. Reported

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, 36Kevon said:

I thought Biden was the choice because he was going to bring the country together? He’s failing miserably so far. Just as divisive as Obama was. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Seems like a potential gold mine for Trump:

MAGAPhone 

All he needs to do is figure out how to install Parler and WALA.

I’d wait a bit for the special edition gold version. Just a hunch 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Serious question as an investor: would you short Twitter/Facebook/Apple/Google on Monday based on your belief that censorship by them won't end well? 

You should be good for awhile, the Dems are in control and if they ever made an ethical decision that was detrimental to them it would be a first. Check back at mid terms for more tips. 

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place