What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt · 46m

Driving around DC today, it's striking how flags on federal buildings controlled by the president are not at half staff, unlike the ones at the Capitol which were lowered in honor of the police officer killed in this week's mob attack.

How do you make this kind of PR faux pas?  Surely someone in the White House has the sense to fix this.

Driving around DC today, it's striking how flags on federal buildings controlled by the president are not at half staff, unlike the ones at the Capitol which were lowered in honor of the police officer killed in this week's mob attack.

How do you make this kind of PR faux pas?  Surely someone in the White House has the sense to fix this.
Yeah.  Surely.  Must be an oversight.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions without knowing the official protocol for lowering flags to half-staff.

I will say this, though: I'm honestly a little shocked that Trump supporters have been relatively quiet about the police officer's death and Trump's lack of response to it.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions without knowing the official protocol for lowering flags to half-staff.

I will say this, though: I'm honestly a little shocked that Trump supporters have been relatively quiet about the police officer's death and Trump's lack of response to it.
There's no real love for LE from the Fringe Right.  They've historically viewed LE with contempt.  

And said he didn’t think what happened at the Capitol amounted to sedition/insurrection, notwithstanding they were chanting to hang the Vice President of the United States and we’re looking to kidnap or take people hostage. 
No this is not quite correct: 

1. With regard to what happened at the Capitol I wrote that I wasn’t sure it was insurrection. I wasn’t aware when I wrote that of the chants to hang the VP or several other things I’ve learned since. I am sure now; it was insurrection.

2. With regard to Trump I wrote that I wasn’t sure that he attempted to incite the crowd towards violence. That is still the case (I am still unsure) though I lean toward the notion that he did. What causes my uncertainty is that, during his speech, Trump exhorted the crowd to engage in a “peaceful” protest; he used that word. But he also said some things that made me think he is guilty. 

There's no real love for LE from the Fringe Right.  They've historically viewed LE with contempt.  
Yup.  My cousin is leader of a FL biker gang.  He’s hard core “Q” all the way.  Loves Trump.  Hates cops.  His FB page and his wife’s make that very clear.  Their biker friends are in the same camp.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA

Anyone doing any type of work there has quit or is completely checked out. It would be very, very strange to be around the WH next week and a half.

Direct Headline: CNN did not mention on-air David Dorn, retired St. Louis police captain killed by looters

By Brian Flood, Joseph Wulfsohn | Fox News June 3 2020

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-david-dorn-retired-police-captain-killed-st-louis

Direct Headline: Retired black officer David Dorn killed by looters in St. Louis, police say

Dorn, 77, was "murdered last night by a looter," while guarding a pawn shop, city officials told reporters, adding that surveillance tools would be used to identify the criminals.  

Adela Suliman 220d ago / 3:02 PM UTC

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/2020-06-03-george-floyd-protests-n1223081/ncrd1223311#blogHeader

Direct Headline: Democrats desperately push the 'peaceful protesters' delusion

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser waxed poetic about how she rewarded the “protesters” by creating “Black Lives Matter Plaza” in front of the White House, with no mention of the widespread violence...

By Bernard Kerik, 08/21/20 05:00 PM EDT

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/513063-democrats-desperately-push-the-peaceful-protesters-delusion

Retired Police Captain David Dorn gave 38 years of service to his community. But since he was black, elderly, a former police officer and that he died at the hands of looters while trying to help protect small businesses in his community, he didn't fit the "narrative" that BLM and the left leaning MSM wanted. So they pretended he did not exist. They also pretended the THIRTY EIGHT YEARS he gave where he risked his life night after night, case after case, call for service after call for service to serve the greater good of all, did not exist either.

If you want to say a Capitol Police Officer tragically gave their life in the line of duty and the media spin narrative of the Trump Administration is going to ignore it for political reasons, I won't argue with you. It's political and media strategy at the expense of actual human beings.

But the left leaning indignation, with it's clenched limp wristed shrieks for vengeance because Twitter said so,  doesn't fly here. The left doesn't get to grab this with both hands and claim moral superiority. 

Sinn Fein, if we all look into your posting history, back in early June of 2020, will we find your outrage at the silence around the death of David Dorn as well?

Shocked that Trump doesn’t have any decency?  That shipped sailed long ago, it’s always been about projecting the specter of decency without actually being decent.

Here we go.,,, media says the riot was probably a super spreader event.   :lmao:

Something they failed to mention all through the summer of love riots. 

Can we just be done with this stupid Covid fear fest once Sleepy and Dumpy are sworn in?  

I was trying to ask an honest question of you as I believe you are an astute investor.  Not sure why you chose to dodge it.  I was sincerely curious how you view these stocks given your belief that this won't end well for them.  
:lmao:   He told you to hold and see what the new administration does.  You need him to hold your hand through it or what?  

I’m getting a really bad vibe after browsing at numerous places tonight. I fear where things are heading . 2021 could be pretty dark
Well, I do think it's possible that many disingenuous, racist, treasonous, fascist types are headed back under the rocks from whence they came. If that's what you mean.

Sadly so on brand.  Trump obviously doesn’t give a ####.  And the people around him are too worried about their parachutes not opening that they didn’t even notice. 

The whole thing has been a toxic gong show from the very beginning.  

Here we go.,,, media says the riot was probably a super spreader event.   :lmao:

Something they failed to mention all through the summer of love riots. 

Can we just be done with this stupid Covid fear fest once Sleepy and Dumpy are sworn in?  
You didn’t know? Only conservative “peaceful protests “ spread covid. 

I’m getting a really bad vibe after browsing at numerous places tonight. I fear where things are heading . 2021 could be pretty dark
Can you be more specific about what you fear will happen and why?  I’ll hang up and listen, I’m still trying to respect the sanctity of the MAGA thread even though nobody else is.

• Thanks
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-10/trump-plans-defiant-final-week-as-many-democrats-urge-his-ouster?sref=zQ8DuwIB

Trump Plans Defiant Final Week as Many Democrats Urge His Ouster

[...]

Trump plans to run out the clock on his four years in office by highlighting what he believes are his biggest accomplishments, including the barrier his administration built on at least part of the U.S. border with Mexico. A trip to Alamo, Texas, near the border is expected on Tuesday, a White House spokesman said.

[...]

Maybe it is just me, but I am not sure from an optics standpoint that the Alamo is the best choice.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-10/trump-plans-defiant-final-week-as-many-democrats-urge-his-ouster?sref=zQ8DuwIB

Trump Plans Defiant Final Week as Many Democrats Urge His Ouster

[...]

Trump plans to run out the clock on his four years in office by highlighting what he believes are his biggest accomplishments, including the barrier his administration built on at least part of the U.S. border with Mexico. A trip to Alamo, Texas, near the border is expected on Tuesday, a White House spokesman said.

[...]

Maybe it is just me, but I am not sure from an optics standpoint that the Alamo is the best choice.
Trump = Davy Crockett 

FYI all

He is going to Alamo, TX - a town on the Mexican border. He is not going to The Alamo

It appears that the quoted post above makes that distinction, but just wanted it to be clear.

Trump and Pence haven’t spoken since Wednesday. 
This is crazy to me. Pence’s life, and the lives of his family, were in danger. The guy has stood by you faithfully through all of your shenanigans for four years, and you can’t call to check on him and his family, especially when you were tweeting out criticisms of him while your supporters were chanting that they wanted him hanged?  This is just one more example of how horrible a human being Trump is. 

Edit: Ah, crap, just realized what thread I’m in. Apologies. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Sherman@JakeSherman

PGA will strip Trump Bedminster of 2022 PGA Championship, insider says

Trump is facing an interesting financial future, imo.  We know he has a number of debts coming due.  I think his brand has taken a big hit from his preferred customer base.  I don't know if he has many (any?) foreign benefactors once he leaves office.

• Thanks
Jake Sherman@JakeSherman

PGA will strip Trump Bedminster of 2022 PGA Championship, insider says

Trump is facing an interesting financial future, imo.  We know he has a number of debts coming due.  I think his brand has taken a big hit from his preferred customer base.  I don't know if he has many (any?) foreign benefactors once he leaves office.
All the marketing he has successfully done has been tarnished.  I cannot imagine anyone wants the TRUMP name associated with a golf course or hotel they are building.  There have already been many Hotels that have removed his name.  Whatever cash flow he had from marketing his name is surely dried up. 

Don Jr. is going to have to get a real job.

No problems. They'll just find a way to funnel the money from their PAC fund to themselves.
I envision a strategy where the Trump Organization declares bankruptcy, while the Trump children fund their lifestyle through grievance fundraising, then they buy back their assets at a fraction of the cost, then they re-brand under a new name.

"Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets" - DJTJr 

Real question is does Russia want to distance themselves from him now that he has lost his usefulness.

Users who are viewing this thread