• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

21 hours ago, 36Kevon said:

Biden and what's her name mixing up uniting the country with attacks against Trump and 75 million Americans.  Nice work after Trump committed to a peaceful transfer of office.  Biden throws out another Nazi reference.  Idiots.  

Ever been to a boat parade or Capitol insurrection?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I was trying to ask an honest question of you as I believe you are an astute investor.  Not sure why you chose to dodge it.  I was sincerely curious how you view these stocks given your belief that this won't end well for them.  

:lmao:  He told you to hold and see what the new administration does.  You need him to hold your hand through it or what?  

6 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I’m getting a really bad vibe after browsing at numerous places tonight. I fear where things are heading . 2021 could be pretty dark

Well, I do think it's possible that many disingenuous, racist, treasonous, fascist types are headed back under the rocks from whence they came. If that's what you mean.

6 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt · 46m

Driving around DC today, it's striking how flags on federal buildings controlled by the president are not at half staff, unlike the ones at the Capitol which were lowered in honor of the police officer killed in this week's mob attack.

How do you make this kind of PR faux pas?  Surely someone in the White House has the sense to fix this.

Sadly so on brand.  Trump obviously doesn’t give a ####.  And the people around him are too worried about their parachutes not opening that they didn’t even notice. 

The whole thing has been a toxic gong show from the very beginning.  

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, 36Kevon said:

Here we go.,,, media says the riot was probably a super spreader event.  :lmao:

Something they failed to mention all through the summer of love riots. 

Can we just be done with this stupid Covid fear fest once Sleepy and Dumpy are sworn in?  

You didn’t know? Only conservative “peaceful protests “ spread covid. 

8 hours ago, HellToupee said:

I’m getting a really bad vibe after browsing at numerous places tonight. I fear where things are heading . 2021 could be pretty dark

Can you be more specific about what you fear will happen and why?  I’ll hang up and listen, I’m still trying to respect the sanctity of the MAGA thread even though nobody else is.

• Thanks 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-10/trump-plans-defiant-final-week-as-many-democrats-urge-his-ouster?sref=zQ8DuwIB

Trump Plans Defiant Final Week as Many Democrats Urge His Ouster

[...]

Trump plans to run out the clock on his four years in office by highlighting what he believes are his biggest accomplishments, including the barrier his administration built on at least part of the U.S. border with Mexico. A trip to Alamo, Texas, near the border is expected on Tuesday, a White House spokesman said.

[...]

Maybe it is just me, but I am not sure from an optics standpoint that the Alamo is the best choice.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, squistion said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-10/trump-plans-defiant-final-week-as-many-democrats-urge-his-ouster?sref=zQ8DuwIB

Trump Plans Defiant Final Week as Many Democrats Urge His Ouster

[...]

Trump plans to run out the clock on his four years in office by highlighting what he believes are his biggest accomplishments, including the barrier his administration built on at least part of the U.S. border with Mexico. A trip to Alamo, Texas, near the border is expected on Tuesday, a White House spokesman said.

[...]

Maybe it is just me, but I am not sure from an optics standpoint that the Alamo is the best choice.

Trump = Davy Crockett 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Trump and Pence haven’t spoken since Wednesday. 

This is crazy to me. Pence’s life, and the lives of his family, were in danger. The guy has stood by you faithfully through all of your shenanigans for four years, and you can’t call to check on him and his family, especially when you were tweeting out criticisms of him while your supporters were chanting that they wanted him hanged?  This is just one more example of how horrible a human being Trump is. 

Edit: Ah, crap, just realized what thread I’m in. Apologies. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

FYI all

He is going to Alamo, TX - a town on the Mexican border. He is not going to The Alamo

It appears that the quoted post above makes that distinction, but just wanted it to be clear.

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 14

Jake Sherman@JakeSherman

PGA will strip Trump Bedminster of 2022 PGA Championship, insider says

Trump is facing an interesting financial future, imo.  We know he has a number of debts coming due.  I think his brand has taken a big hit from his preferred customer base.  I don't know if he has many (any?) foreign benefactors once he leaves office.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Jake Sherman@JakeSherman

PGA will strip Trump Bedminster of 2022 PGA Championship, insider says

Trump is facing an interesting financial future, imo.  We know he has a number of debts coming due.  I think his brand has taken a big hit from his preferred customer base.  I don't know if he has many (any?) foreign benefactors once he leaves office.

All the marketing he has successfully done has been tarnished.  I cannot imagine anyone wants the TRUMP name associated with a golf course or hotel they are building.  There have already been many Hotels that have removed his name.  Whatever cash flow he had from marketing his name is surely dried up. 

Don Jr. is going to have to get a real job.

11 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

No problems. They'll just find a way to funnel the money from their PAC fund to themselves.

I envision a strategy where the Trump Organization declares bankruptcy, while the Trump children fund their lifestyle through grievance fundraising, then they buy back their assets at a fraction of the cost, then they re-brand under a new name.

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Trump and Pence haven’t spoken since Wednesday. 

If I was Pence I would never speak to him again. He could have got him killed. 

The worst part is that Trump still thinks Pence wronged him.  For not doing something he had no authority to do.  

• Like 1

For not doing something he had no authority to do and in support of a giant bald-faced dangerous lie.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

I envision a strategy where the Trump Organization declares bankruptcy, while the Trump children fund their lifestyle through grievance fundraising, then they buy back their assets at a fraction of the cost, then they re-brand under a new name.

Frump

1 hour ago, thriftyrocker said:

"Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets" - DJTJr 

Real question is does Russia want to distance themselves from him now that he has lost his usefulness.

I doubt it.  He still represents the best way they can sew political discourse in the US.  

22 hours ago, Sea Duck said:
22 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt · 46m

Driving around DC today, it's striking how flags on federal buildings controlled by the president are not at half staff, unlike the ones at the Capitol which were lowered in honor of the police officer killed in this week's mob attack.

How do you make this kind of PR faux pas?  Surely someone in the White House has the sense to fix this.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions without knowing the official protocol for lowering flags to half-staff.

I will say this, though: I'm honestly a little shocked that Trump supporters have been relatively quiet about the police officer's death and Trump's lack of response to it.

Follow up: the Trump administration defended the flag controversy by claiming that Bill Clinton waited 2 days before lowering the flag when two officers were killed at the Capitol in 1998.

That turned out to be a lie

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, zoonation said:

If I was Pence I would never speak to him again. He could have got him killed

The worst part is that Trump still thinks Pence wronged him.  For not doing something he had no authority to do.  

This almost implies the possible danger is over.  Trump put anybody who went against him in the crosshairs - too many lunatics out there and it just takes one.

Nothing is as bad as the big lie. The disgusting stolen election narrative and the non-stop falsehoods purposefully sowing doubt in our democracy (with deadly results) is about as low as an American President can go. Beyond sickening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Don Jr. is going to have to get a real job.

Given this, options could be:

• Mess hall table wiper
  • ward orderly
  • commissary clerk
  • laundry worker
  • license plate stamper
  • power bottom

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place