Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

According to Marjorie Taylor Greene, former President Trump called her this morning, congratulated her and told her to keep up the good fight: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1355537456351866883?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Pretty solid stump speech material there. Think she might be a rising star in the GOP.

• Thinking 1
  • Replies 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

17 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Another typo where my intent is still clear becomes a great deflection.  But it isn’t worth it.  Good day

Another run-on sentance, but, I did understand you this time. Are you ok?  Where you drinking last night?  

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Another run-on sentance, but, I did understand you this time. Are you ok?  Where you drinking last night?  

Dude.  Just lay off comments like this.  Seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
57 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Perhaps you should proof read your posts before becoming the grammar police. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

In a post criticizing another's grammar, I count four separate grammar or spelling errors.  Impressive.

1. "sentence" is misspelled.

2. There should not be a comma after "but".

3. "OK" should be capitalized.

4. "Were" is misspelled.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 9
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Well again it seems to me that you can’t really separate it. His speech on January 6 was basically a repeat of the lies and rhetoric that created this situation. I would also point out that even if a small group had planned the break in some time before, the amount of folks who surged their and participated were surely helped and encouraged by the speeches given by Trump, his son, and Giuliani. Again I don’t find your attempt to minimize his guilt very compelling. 

We know that.  Even they know that.  But it's more fun to pretend it didn't happen that way so they can keep arguing with you.  Don't engage.  Just move along.  The world is a better place now without Trump getting the bandwidth he so desperately craves.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
4 hours ago, tonydead said:

FBI has the Facebook communication where these guys were planning for months in advance. Trump was part of thier group?  Why isn't he arrested like the rest of them?  

The last question is rhetorical.  

Oh well Trump had nothing to do with it. What a joke.

13 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Yes he did. He called them to DC and told them to march on the Capital to stop the steal.

Got a link to him doing exactly what you claim?  Not some lame version after you embellished the truth.

20 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Got a link to him doing exactly what you claim?  Not some lame version after you embellished the truth.

None of them would have even been there if Trump hadn't been crying for months the vote was stolen.  He caused it all to happen. And that's the truth.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
44 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Yes he did. He called them to DC and told them to march on the Capital to stop the steal.

Got a link to him doing exactly what you claim? 

Pretty sure everything in Mile High's post is taken directly from Trump's tweets and his speech.

Granted, Trump didn't technically say "smash windows", "break into the building" and "kill the police", but he also didn't completely condemn those actions when his supporters did them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mile High said:

None of them would have even been there if Trump hadn't been crying for months the vote was stolen.  He caused it all to happen. And that's the truth.

So he didn't call them to DC and tell them to march on the Capitol?

39 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
2 hours ago, Mile High said:

So he didn't call them to DC and tell them to march on the Capitol?

That's exactly what he did, actually.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

We know that.  Even they know that.  But it's more fun to pretend it didn't happen that way so they can keep arguing with you.  Don't engage.  Just move along.  The world is a better place now without Trump getting the bandwidth he so desperately craves.  

You realize you're posting this in the Trump re-election thread right?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:
4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

You realize you're posting this in the Trump re-election thread right?

That's a very strange way of interpreting "to infinity and beyond", but you do you.

4 hours ago, Mile High said:

Problem with this narrative is the fact that the rioters were planning the riot way before he had his rally. Months ahead of time. (Thats according to the FBI, not my opinion.) And, they started in on the Capitol before the Trump rally was even over.  Not only did Trump supporters (from the rally) not start the riot, it was already going when they got there. The bombs were put there the night before. 

Unfortunately, Ilhan and Pelosi in the impeachment charge said they were from the crowd at the rally. Specifically incited by Trump at the rally. That's demonstratively false.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place
7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Oh, no.  Sorry.  Is there a Trump is gone forever thread you can nudge me towards? 

You should create it and whine about But Trump! It would play great in here. :lmao:

• Like 2
12 hours ago, tonydead said:

Problem with this narrative is the fact that the rioters were planning the riot way before he had his rally. Months ahead of time. (Thats according to the FBI, not my opinion.) And, they started in on the Capitol before the Trump rally was even over.  Not only did Trump supporters (from the rally) not start the riot, it was already going when they got there. The bombs were put there the night before. 

Unfortunately, Ilhan and Pelosi in the impeachment charge said they were from the crowd at the rally. Specifically incited by Trump at the rally. That's demonstratively false.  

First off I don’t think this is accurate. You’re taking unrelated facts and attempting to tie them together: some of the rioters left early. Most of them surged over there after Trump’s speech. 
Second, it’s irrelevant anyhow since Trump is not planning on offering this as his defense. As reported everywhere last night, Trump is insisting on a defense of “yes I incited them and I was right to do so because the election was stolen from me.” This insistence by Trump has caused his whole defense team to resign, but apparently he’s sticking with it. 

Also according to that above story, Trump is telling his people that since the Republicans won’t convict him anyhow, why spend any money on a defense at all? 
Of course the problem with this is that the senators are pledged to listen to the all the evidence and not make any decisions beforehand. So they need at least the pretense of an argument. 
I predict that the argument offered by @tonydead to the effect that Trump didn’t incite anyone because they had planned this earlier will never once be offered or even  mentioned at the actual trial. 

On 1/29/2021 at 2:02 PM, NorvilleBarnes said:
On 1/29/2021 at 1:14 PM, The Dude said:

Serious question and no reason to go off

but I have been wondering, can the family of the deceased (especially of the policeman) bring a civil suit against trump?

surprised we don’t hear much talk on that

This is a good question (except for the "especially" part). I'd be interested to hear the lawyers weigh in.

Anyone?

33 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Also according to that above story, Trump is telling his people that since the Republicans won’t convict him anyhow, why spend any money on a defense at all? 
Of course the problem with this is that the senators are pledged to listen to the all the evidence and not make any decisions beforehand. So they need at least the pretense of an argument. 
I predict that the argument offered by @tonydead to the effect that Trump didn’t incite anyone because they had planned this earlier will never once be offered or even  mentioned at the actual trial. 

Right, apparently this is going to be a "Did you order the code red!?!" "You're @%$& right I did... because rigged election!!" trial.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Of course the problem with this is that the senators are pledged to listen to the all the evidence and not make any decisions beforehand.

You serious? How many have already called this impeachment a sham and a hoax and whatever else?

17 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Obviously they don't.  There was no pretense about it last time and there hasn't been any this time either.

I think we’re talking past each other. You’re right that in reality they don’t need it. But last time around they still had Jay Sekulow and Alan Dershowitz making supposedly legitimste and respectable arguments, which allowed the GOP senators to say “I listened to the arguments on both sides and reached a decision” etc. That’s what they want this time around. In particular they want someone to argue that the whole thing is unconstitutional since Trump is out of office; that gives them the excuse to avoid addressing what Trump is actually being accused of. But Trump himself seems to be resisting this defense. 

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

Please let this happen. Would be must see TV

...and this sort of perspective is what created him in this first place. Trump is a symptom; not the disease. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I think we’re talking past each other. You’re right that in reality they don’t need it. But last time around they still had Jay Sekulow and Alan Dershowitz making supposedly legitimste and respectable arguments, which allowed the GOP senators to say “I listened to the arguments on both sides and reached a decision” etc. That’s what they want this time around. In particular they want someone to argue that the whole thing is unconstitutional since Trump is out of office; that gives them the excuse to avoid addressing what Trump is actually being accused of. But Trump himself seems to be resisting this defense. 

The best case for the Democrats is that Trump's defense amounts to "My supporters were justified" and then 45 Republicans vote in support of that narrative.

3 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

The best case for the Democrats is that Trump's defense amounts to "My supporters were justified" and then 45 Republicans vote in support of that narrative.

You’re right that’s the best case foe the Democrats politically (and the worst for the Republicans.) it also appears to be exactly what Trump wants. 
But I don’t think it’s very good for the country. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

First off I don’t think this is accurate. You’re taking unrelated facts and attempting to tie them together: some of the rioters left early. Most of them surged over there after Trump’s speech. 
Second, it’s irrelevant anyhow since Trump is not planning on offering this as his defense. As reported everywhere last night, Trump is insisting on a defense of “yes I incited them and I was right to do so because the election was stolen from me.” This insistence by Trump has caused his whole defense team to resign, but apparently he’s sticking with it. 

You dont need to trot the facts out there. They're reported on the news every night. Everyone already knows it's a shame. It's dead on arrival.  I dont think they waste a second with any defence, just vote. 

16 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You dont need to trot the facts out there. They're reported on the news every night. Everyone already knows it's a shame. It's dead on arrival.  I dont think they waste a second with any defence, just vote. 

That would be mighty embarrassing for Republicans. But then this whole situation is. 
There will be a trial and it will only make Trump look worse, regardless of what defense he offers. Following that there may or may not be a vote on impeachment. I personally would prefer a censure vote and as of this morning there seems to be increasing amount of support for that alternative. 

• Laughing 2
7 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Good to see the Libs are still focused on Trump and not the Country they claimed badly needed help.

I'm imagining a world where Biden blocks white Christians from entering the country, kicks heterosexual people from the military, confiscates all guns except .22s, identifies Canadians as rapists and drug dealers, says that living in Kansas is "like living in hell," claims that injecting coolaid will prevent covid, and hires Hunter and the leader of the Black Hebrew Israelites to craft his national policy while denouncing Fox News as "pathetically fake" and suggesting that maybe the "2nd amendment people" can do something about it, and then 1 month after he leaves office I come on here and complain about how the right is too focused on Biden for the country to heal.

• Thinking 1
57 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

I'm imagining a world where Biden blocks white Christians from entering the country, kicks heterosexual people from the military, confiscates all guns except .22s, identifies Canadians as rapists and drug dealers, says that living in Kansas is "like living in hell," claims that injecting coolaid will prevent covid, and hires Hunter and the leader of the Black Hebrew Israelites to craft his national policy while denouncing Fox News as "pathetically fake" and suggesting that maybe the "2nd amendment people" can do something about it, and then 1 month after he leaves office I come on here and complain about how the right is too focused on Biden for the country to heal.

So Biden ran on making the country better or ran on whining about Trump?

• Like 3

Big deal.  Trump could start his own studio in Mar-a-Lago that would put Hollywood out of business, if he so desired.   James Woods, John Voight, Kirstie Alley, Kristi Swanson, Dean Cain, Kevin Sorbo, Randy Quaid, and Chachi, are a great start.  D’Souza directing is Yuge. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
24 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Big deal.  Trump could start his own studio in Mar-a-Lago that would put Hollywood out of business, if he so desired.   James Woods, John Voight, Kirstie Alley, Kristi Swanson, Dean Cain, Kevin Sorbo, Randy Quaid, and Chachi, are a great start.  D’Souza directing is Yuge. 

Sounds like the next cast of celebrity apprentice

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Is it a good idea or bad idea for DJT to testify?  Part of me thinks the podium would good for him to speak his mind.  Part of me thinks that exact idea may be a horrible one.

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

The "Hungry Eyes" can guy to do the soundtrack. 

And the voice-over on the Blu-ray extras can be Chuck Woolery.