What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (6 Viewers)

Excellent statement released by Trump. Sums up the Democrats nicely.  They spend weeks trying to bring him down slobbering all over themselves. He puts them in their place in just a couple paragraphs.  Masterful. 

I honestly expect criminal and civil suits to be brought against trump - and I think he loses in a court of law.

he didn’t get impeached in large part due to the objections to impeaching a former president - not because he wasn’t guilty
Just to correct one point- he was impeached but he didn’t get convicted because Republican senators are afraid of their base which has become radicalized. 

Trump should run for a House seat in Florida.  When he wins and the GOP takes back the House, he can personally take the gavel from Pelosi.  
He's going to be spending the next two years  defending  himself in criminal and civil courts to be caring who controls the house of representatives gavel.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's going to be spending the next two years  defending  himself in criminal and civil courts to be caring who controls the house of representatives gavel.
This. Forget the spineless senate. Put him before a real judge and jury. In a bonafide criminal court there is none of this ridiculous lying. His guilt was displayed to the entire nation on 1/6/21 on live TV.

What size orange jump suit sir? "uh, better go double XX."

LOCK HIM UP!

This. Forget the spineless senate. Put him before a real judge and jury. In a bonafide criminal court there is none of this ridiculous lying. His guilt was displayed to the entire nation on 1/6/21 on live TV.

What size orange jump suit sir? "uh, better go double XX."

LOCK HIM UP!
Where would one find an impartial jury?  30%+ of the country has sworn fealty to the man.

Justice was served. Found not guilty by the Senate.  Time to move on, learn to live with it. 
I'll let you know when justice is served, the senate does not know justice. Hopefully a few Senators will be joining the loser in the big house. I see Lindsey is now being investigated by GA. They would make fine cellmates.

I figured. He's your kind of centrist Democrat. 
Actually he’s not. I find him too progressive and more importantly I don’t trust him at all. I find Gavin way too slick; he’s always reminded me of Steve Lavin. (Longtime UCLA fans know what I mean here.) I’ve never trusted dudes with greased back hair. They’re usually greasy in general. 

But that being said I am opposed to his recall, because I am opposed to ALL recalls unless you can demonstrate (a) serious corruption or (b) serious gross incompetence. I see no evidence of either with Newsom. From what I can see he is being recalled because he followed the advice of public health officials, small businesses are sadly suffering because of it, and he behaved personally in a hypocritical and shameful manner when he had dinner at the French Laundry. That’s not enough for me. 

Actually he’s not. I find him too progressive and more importantly I don’t trust him at all. I find Gavin way too slick; he’s always reminded me of Steve Lavin. (Longtime UCLA fans know what I mean here.) I’ve never trusted dudes with greased back hair. They’re usually greasy in general. 

But that being said I am opposed to his recall, because I am opposed to ALL recalls unless you can demonstrate (a) serious corruption or (b) serious gross incompetence. I see no evidence of either with Newsom. From what I can see he is being recalled because he followed the advice of public health officials, small businesses are sadly suffering because of it, and he behaved personally in a hypocritical and shameful manner when he had dinner at the French Laundry. That’s not enough for me. 
Fair enough. I consider him a little more centrist than what I expected coming from Frisco and all. I agree with you about recalls, but the state does provide for them with enough signatures. It errs more on the side of participatory democracy than that of representative democracy, but sometimes the virtues of representative democracy are overblown and a more majoritarian, quick assessment is actually beneficial to the state. That said, I hate our state's propositions and the way they parse them for you in the state mailers that they send out. I'm a pretty astute guy and I find myself having no idea what they're talking about most of the time. Get rid of the referendum-style votes on everything.

I'll let you know when justice is served, the senate does not know justice. Hopefully a few Senators will be joining the loser in the big house. I see Lindsey is now being investigated by GA. They would make fine cellmates.
Senate > Joe Mammy so.... dont hold your breath. 

He will only be interested in the race while he can line his pockets with money from the easily manipulated....like he just did

could probably add: 

- lack of transparency w/r/t ICU bed availability calculations on which the 2nd lockdown/reopen were predicated 

- lack of targeted 2nd round closures (which disproportionately affected the hospitality and personal care industries)

- poor communications with businesses with the 2nd reopening order in January '21

i'm not gonna sign a recall petition, but if it comes up for a vote i'll think seriously about removing him. 

could probably add: 

- lack of transparency w/r/t ICU bed availability calculations on which the 2nd lockdown/reopen were predicated 

- lack of targeted 2nd round closures (which disproportionately affected the hospitality and personal care industries)

- poor communications with businesses with the 2nd reopening order in January '21

i'm not gonna sign a recall petition, but if it comes up for a vote i'll think seriously about removing him. 
These are all fair criticisms especially the second one which affected me and many people I know. 
But I still don’t think a recall is justified. I also don’t think it’s likely unless we have another shutdown. 

These are all fair criticisms especially the second one which affected me and many people I know. 
But I still don’t think a recall is justified. I also don’t think it’s likely unless we have another shutdown. 
i'm hopeful there will not be another shutdown. and if GovGav issues a third order, i'm not sure how much compliance can be expected in CA. i believe there's a good chunk of the population who are just "over it" and will refuse to follow directives (beyond those who did the first two times). 

Trump to security detail, "Cmon, I have to go to the bank today. I'm trying to get a loan."

"Not today Sir."

"WTF?"

"It's President's Day and the banks are closed."

"WHO came up with this ridiculous holiday? Can I still get a Big Mac?"

75% of Republicans want Trump involved in 2022. Many Trump Republicans fighting incumbents for house seats.  
This will be interesting. 
It seems like Lindsay Graham and other Republicans are banking on this still being the case a year from now. Other Republican leaders like McConnell are gambling that the current love affair will wither and the establishment wing of the GOP will return to take control. 
I really have no idea how this will go. But I do wonder this: right now Trump himself is angry and seems dedicated to making sure his enemies in the GOP are primaried. But will he still feel that way a year from now? Will he have the energy and patience to whip up the crowds for candidates who aren’t himself? Or will he become bored and disinterested with the whole thing? 

Or will he become bored and disinterested with the whole thing? 
Ambition never sleeps. As long as the carrot of a possible 2024 vindication is there, he'll keep active in 2022. We've already sort of set a new precedent for what the public will tolerate as the maximum age for their president, and the masses that make up the Republican Party are still firmly behind Trump. They're killing their own party, but they're behind him. 

This will be interesting. 
It seems like Lindsay Graham and other Republicans are banking on this still being the case a year from now. Other Republican leaders like McConnell are gambling that the current love affair will wither and the establishment wing of the GOP will return to take control. 
I really have no idea how this will go. But I do wonder this: right now Trump himself is angry and seems dedicated to making sure his enemies in the GOP are primaried. But will he still feel that way a year from now? Will he have the energy and patience to whip up the crowds for candidates who aren’t himself? Or will he become bored and disinterested with the whole thing? 
Oh boy, I hope you didnt watch that video. 

First law suit filed.  No idea how valid it is but I expect many more
Yeah, I don't think this will go very far - I didn't even though there was a KKK Act. Doubt there has been a whole lot of successful litigation with suits regarding it. 

The New York Times @nytimes 1h

Breaking News: The NAACP filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump and his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, claiming that they violated a 19th-century statute, the Ku Klux Klan Act, when they tried to prevent the certification of the election on Jan. 6.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1361697331591188482

first law suit regarding what?  And by whom?
Two posts above yours:  Here it is again:

The New York Times @nytimes 1h

Breaking News: The NAACP filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump and his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, claiming that they violated a 19th-century statute, the Ku Klux Klan Act, when they tried to prevent the certification of the election on Jan. 6.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1361697331591188482

First law suit filed.  No idea how valid it is but I expect many more

The only legal issue that will really matter for Trump is tax fraud. No one can avoid the heavy hand of the IRS.

The good news for the DNC is they flipped Michael Cohen (as a precursor to flip someone else). The bad news for the DNC is he's got the reputation of actually being Michael Cohen.

Users who are viewing this thread