Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Why didn't you turn on the Sherriff siren and call out New Republic as poor sourcing?  Poor sourcing usually gets you uptight.  Or is this the part of hypocritical Sho?

Because i paid very little attention to the thread overall?

Odd board cop schtick by those who complain almost daily about board cop schtick.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

He uses ESQUIRE to support his points.   That should tell you enough.  

It was referring to a study from a respected professor.  I could have referenced the original article on WashPo or one from the NYT and you would have had the same reaction.  Id bet you didnt read the article or the actual study.

Alsi, they rate high for factual reporting.  Unlike PJMedia.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-republic/?amp

Edited by sho nuff
51 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

A majority of the American people feel 100% sure the election results are tainted.  

According to one right leaning poll.  Thats called an outlier.

Polls matter again I guess?

• Laughing 1
14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Birds was the first one to post an emoji and not take the challenge - to no one’s surprise

Your one sided spamming isn’t worth the time.  Especially after your egregious BLM hypocrisy. Sorry. Good luck :fishing: but most in here see right through you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, tonydead said:

Project Veritas has recordings that should speak for themselves.

Nothing Project Veritas does speaks for itself.

Wikipedia on Project Veritas: "Project Veritas is an American far-right[37] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[41] The group produces deceptively edited videos[24] of its undercover operations,[16] which use secret recordings[17] to allege misconduct and corruption in mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[49] Project Veritas uses entrapment[23] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[2] and has propagated disinformation[14] and conspiracy theories[56] in its videos and operations."

With plenty of details about their untrustworthiness, like: "Project Veritas continued to promote the postal worker's claims of fraud after they had been discredited.[193]"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm not at all ruling out the idea that CNN is horrible. That would be totally unsurprising. I'm just saying that you shouldn't form that judgment, or any judgment, based on anything from Project Veritas.

Just to clarify, are you saying you're "not at all ruling out the idea" because you don't have enough evidence that it is?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Just to clarify, are you saying you're "not at all ruling out the idea" because you don't have enough evidence that it is?

I have no opinion about CNN except that all TV news seems to be terrible. I can't figure out why anyone watches it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Your one sided spamming isn’t worth the time.  Especially after your egregious BLM hypocrisy. Sorry. Good luck :fishing: but most in here see right through you. 

Rolling out the greatest hits 

all you had to do was type a name - and you think that’s a fishing trip

but anything to not engage in debate - I see you, birds

56 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm not at all ruling out the idea that CNN is horrible. That would be totally unsurprising. I'm just saying that you shouldn't form that judgment, or any judgment, based on anything from Project Veritas.

I think CNN generally does a good job reporting the news.  The opinion shows that come on in the evening are tiresome, as they are for basically all cable news channels. 

The people most prone to complaining about media bias also seem to consume some of the most biased and misleading media.  I can't wrap my head around it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 4
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Rolling out the greatest hits 

all you had to do was type a name - and you think that’s a fishing trip

but anything to not engage in debate - I see you, birds

You don’t debate, you spew the same one sided talking points. Sorry man, we see through you and the other aliases you use, not worth it. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 1

Simp?  Are you 12?

Is the guy who refers to someone as “Father” really asking me if I’m twelve?

Have some self awareness. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
6 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

A majority of the American people feel 100% sure the election results are tainted.  

This is completely false, but even for the  30% or so of Americans that think the election results were tainted, you should remember that 7% of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, -fish- said:

This is completely false, but even for the  30% or so of Americans that think the election results were tainted, you should remember that 7% of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows. 

And 50% believed that Russian Hookers peed on Trump and he actively colluded with Russia.  What's your point?

Just now, -fish- said:

Did the brown cow crowd watch CNN?

3 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I have no opinion about CNN except that all TV news seems to be terrible. I can't figure out why anyone watches it.

I don't know anyone who watches TV news unless there is a major event on like an election or a contested Supreme Court nomination.   I certainly don't believe I can have a serious discussion with someone who gets a majority of their information from Fox or CNN.  It seems weird that so many people in this forum seem to watch TV news on a regular basis.  Same with folks forming opinions based on Project Veritas or Gateway Pundit.     

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

And 50% believed that Russian Hookers peed on Trump and he actively colluded with Russia.  What's your point?

Trying to claim something factual by what a percentage of Americans believe is beyond pointless.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GoBirds said:

You don’t debate, you spew the same one sided talking points. Sorry man, we see through you and the other aliases you use, not worth it. 

I see you.  Don’t want to lose face in front of the sQuad.  

i have challenged you on several points in the last week and you hide behind emojis and tired out lines

but at least we have established that.  I don’t see the need to prove my point further

Just for you ===> 🥲😂🤣

• Laughing 1
48 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/project-veritas-drops-video-cnn-director-admitting-use-covid-fearmongering-ratings/

Veritas is destroying the Fake News factory at CNN.  Clear vindication for Trump.  

Veritas only destroys themselves...and the laughable nature of hyping up veritas while calling something else fake news factory.

Vindication?  In what way is that vindication?

• Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Veritas only destroys themselves...and the laughable nature of hyping up veritas while calling something else fake news factory.

Vindication?  In what way is that vindication?

Stop it.  It’s on video. CNN hasn’t tried to deny it so why are you running spin for them?

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Stop it.  It’s on video. CNN hasn’t tried to deny it so why are you running spin for them?

Its not spin to rightfully claim that Veritas is a fraud.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Nothing Project Veritas does speaks for itself.

Wikipedia on Project Veritas: "Project Veritas is an American far-right[37] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[41] The group produces deceptively edited videos[24] of its undercover operations,[16] which use secret recordings[17] to allege misconduct and corruption in mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[49] Project Veritas uses entrapment[23] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[2] and has propagated disinformation[14] and conspiracy theories[56] in its videos and operations."

With plenty of details about their untrustworthiness, like: "Project Veritas continued to promote the postal worker's claims of fraud after they had been discredited.[193]"

ABC News now reporting on it.

I'm aware of what PV does, but, unless the hired a body double it's pretty clear who the CNN guy was and difficult to splice out context while they are walking around like that. 

But, my point was different than that, people with open minds would consider any evidence presented, not trip over who is reporting it. 

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

ABC News now reporting on it.

I'm aware of what PV does, but, unless the hired a body double it's pretty clear who the CNN guy was and difficult to splice out context while they are walking around like that. 

But, my point was different than that, people with open minds would consider any evidence presented, not trip over who is reporting it. 

If it's Project Veritas "reporting" it, the problem is that they've cried wolf a number of times already. That's part of the evidence that people with open minds should consider.

Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

If it's Project Veritas "reporting" it, the problem is that they've cried wolf a number of times already. That's part of the evidence that people with open minds will consider.

Sure. That's different from my point and what you previously said tho. 

O'Keefe just tweeted out, "if it bleeds, it leads."   The fact that he's able to quote a decades old cliché to describe his giant scoop sort of shows that it isn't much of a story.   News shows sensationalize stories to get ratings?   I'm shocked.

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

i have challenged you on several points in the last week and you hide behind emojis and tired out lines

but at least we have established that.  I don’t see the need to prove my point further

Just for you ===> 🥲😂🤣

As much as you :fishing:it’s surprising you or so bad at it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just for you ===> 🥲😂🤣

Hes really under your skin now isnt he?  lolz

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dickies said:

Since Bladerunner finds my post hilarious, I will add that I also think Fox News generally does a good job reporting the news.

I think Fox and CNN do a decent job with the news as it is occurring but it doesn't take very long for them to begin slanting it in the direction of their bias and when the talking heads in the evening begin it becomes unbearable.  All you have to do is see who they bring on as their guests and "experts".  They don't even attempt to hide the bias.

It is all understandable though, I mean it is a business and they are giving their audience what they want.  

Edited by Godsbrother
9 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

If it's Project Veritas "reporting" it, the problem is that they've cried wolf a number of times already. That's part of the evidence that people with open minds should consider.

With all due respect, the hyper partisan anti-Trumpers that dump on our thread and supporters are not exactly “open minded.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

With all due respect, the hyper partisan anti-Trumpers that dump on our thread and supporters are not exactly “open minded.”

...and have cried Wolf for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

...and have cried Wolf for years. 

Right. If you have 100’s of posts in the RUSSIA! thread and claim everything Veritas produces is a fake, then you’re not really open minded.  

Edited by knowledge dropper
Typo
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Right. If you have 100’s of posts in the RUSSIA! thread and claim everything Veritas produces is a fake, then your not really open minded.  

If you make that statement with no context of the posts made in that thread...you aren’t being very honest about any of it.

If you refuse links from Washington Post, NYT...even Esquire, yet believe Veritas...I don’t think that is a sign of being open minded either.

• Laughing 1

Isnt Muarile the one who once said we could police our own thread?  (of course that never had any teeth because the other mods dont report to him, all it did was get those that listened to him suspended) 

And now he comes out in support of the Source Sherriff?  

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Isnt Muarile the one who once said we could police our own thread?  (of course that never had any teeth because the other mods dont report to him, all it did was get those that listened to him suspended) 

Well they gave our Sergeant of Arms a lifetime ban for doing what he was asked to do. 

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

If you make that statement with no context of the posts made in that thread...you aren’t being very honest about any of it.

If you refuse links from Washington Post, NYT...even Esquire, yet believe Veritas...I don’t think that is a sign of being open minded either.

Please make your posts about the subject and not about the source or posters.  It kills honest discourse.  TIA.  

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Please make your posts about the subject and not about the source or posters.  It kills honest discourse.  TIA.  

I made my post about the context of yours...which was about posters and a source.

YW

35 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Yes but the bias has always been clear in here, we know where the non Lefts stand. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Police the thread :lol:

We writing tickets in here?

• Laughing 1