Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Whether he does or doesn’t is largely unknown at this point. But he’s still the face, power and influence of the GOP.  

From today…..

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-lindsey-graham-says-gop-can-t-move-forward-without-n1266684

Because the GOP can't win votes with their platform - so there best option is a retro candidate that wants to move the country backwards not forward.  That and limiting the vote

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Whether he does or doesn’t is largely unknown at this point. But he’s still the face, power and influence of the GOP.  

From today…..

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-lindsey-graham-says-gop-can-t-move-forward-without-n1266684

I just don't see Trump running again and as we get closer to 2024 he will be even more of an afterthought.  Trump has run his course.

The only ones that NEED him in the public eye are the Democrats.  Their allies in the MSM will make sure he is front and center despite him not having any pull.

I'm not concerned and/or worried about Trump anymore.  He's done.

2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I just don't see Trump running again and as we get closer to 2024 he will be even more of an afterthought.  Trump has run his course.

The only ones that NEED him in the public eye are the Democrats.  Their allies in the MSM will make sure he is front and center despite him not having any pull.

How does he have no pull?  Going against him is what is getting Cheney destroyed by the party.  He is still the head of the party given how they are acting.  To claim the Democrats are the ones that need him out there is funny.

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

I don't think this is the case right now.  Maybe in 4 years he will have less influence, but currently it seems everyone needs to bend the knee to him.

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

I agree he likely won’t run. He won’t run if he can’t win, seems very unlikely he can win.

I believe you are very wrong about your second take: We need Trump voters

Until he gets fully bounced by conservatives he somehow still has enough followers to have leverage. 

2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Also, I thought the Dem allies in big tech were silencing Trump and taking his voice.

• Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, The General said:

I agree he likely won’t run. He won’t run if he can’t win, seems very unlikely he can win.

I believe you are very wrong about your second take: We need Trump voters

Until he gets fully bounced by conservatives he somehow still has enough followers to have leverage. 

His second take isn’t even real; it’s just part of a rather juvenile game that conservatives are playing these days: “Trump isn’t even President anymore but you guys are obsessed with him! How pathetic you libs are!” It’s a sequel to the equally juvenile taunt that occurred often during the Trump years: “It’s Saturday and instead of being out with your family, you’re in here obsessed with Trump! How pathetic you libs are!” 
These taunts are used when there is no good response to the scary cult like behavior of the Republican base. 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

His second take isn’t even real; it’s just part of a rather juvenile game that conservatives are playing these days: “Trump isn’t even President anymore but you guys are obsessed with him! How pathetic you libs are!” It’s a sequel to the equally juvenile taunt that occurred often during the Trump years: “It’s Saturday and instead of being out with your family, you’re in here obsessed with Trump! How pathetic you libs are!” 
These taunts are used when there is no good response to the scary cult like behavior of the Republican base. 

Taunts?  You mean truths

Seems Trump is getting ready to begin doing rallies again. I’m curious how that would work; specifically, who pays the cities for police, do they still shut down streets for a motorcade or is he basically on his own? If he isn’t running for office what is he rallying for? Who decides who gets to go and coordinates the stuff the RNC would usually do, like who sits behind Trump so you don’t get plaid shirt guy? Who pays for the venue, staff, etc? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Seems Trump is getting ready to begin doing rallies again. I’m curious how that would work; specifically, who pays the cities for police, do they still shut down streets for a motorcade or is he basically on his own? If he isn’t running for office what is he rallying for? Who decides who gets to go and coordinates the stuff the RNC would usually do, like who sits behind Trump so you don’t get plaid shirt guy? Who pays for the venue, staff, etc? 

Just call it a Peaceful Protest and none of that matters. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Soros, I think it's Soros who pays.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:44 PM, tonydead said:

If Trump announced his candidacy tomorrow he would instantly be the favorite.

Biden trounced him just 6 months ago and has good favorability ratings. I don't see Trumps numbers moving regardless of his announcing he is running or not

17 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:
18 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Just call it a Peaceful Protest and none of that matters. 

This would be awesome IMO. Plaid Shirt Guy was great.

1 hour ago, the moops said:

Biden trounced him just 6 months ago and has good favorability ratings. I don't see Trumps numbers moving regardless of his announcing he is running or not

Sorry but that’s not how the odds math works. All other Rep candidates go away and his odds go down.  You don’t get that?  

On 5/8/2021 at 8:31 AM, BladeRunner said:

I’m not sure what you’re basing this on.  Certainly not what we’ve seen since the election.  Trump has consolidated his power and ensured the sycophants are rooting out any descent.  The attack on Liz Chaney is just one example. 

• Like 2

Rove on Wallace's show this AM said Trump approval is 32% right now among R voters.

40% of republican voters say they align to Trump first and party second

50% party first

Referring to the latter 2, he said this is the worst it's been for Trump and momentum will make it worse for him

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rove on Wallace's show this AM said Trump approval is 32% right now among R voters.

40% of republican voters say they align to Trump first and party second

50% party first

Referring to the latter 2, he said this is the worst it's been for Trump and momentum will make it worse for him

Don't know where he is getting those numbers, but they clearly are nonsense. 

I heard this scenario and honestly cannot decipher if it is a joke or deadly serious:

Trump is going to run for a House seat from a Florida district. 

He wins in a landslide (of course) and the Republicans take over the majorities in both the House and Senate. 

Trump is elected Speaker of the House.

Trump leads the impeachment against Biden and Harris.

Trump becomes President. 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, the moops said:

Way to continue to be a condescending dick. Jesus dude it is OK to disagree with folks without resorting to childish insults and emojis. 

you could have just disagreed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I heard this scenario and honestly cannot decipher if it is a joke or deadly serious:

He wins in a landslide (of course) and the Republicans take over the majorities in both the House and Senate. 

Trump becomes President. 

This would take 60 votes to convict in the senate which they most assuredly would not have

4 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Don't know where he is getting those numbers, but they clearly are nonsense. 

Even Trump’s pull within his own party appears to have lessened, with 44 percent of Republicans saying they’re more supporters of Trump than the GOP, versus 50 percent who say they’re more supporters of the GOP than the former president.

I must have misheard him say 40.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/after-100-days-out-office-trump-s-support-softens-nbc-n1265457

4 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Trump becomes President. 

Probably a lot of people out there that believe it :lol:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Trump becomes President. 

If this were to happen it might get some of my neighbors to stop flying their American flags upside down. 

Edited by kwille

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Even Trump’s pull within his own party appears to have lessened, with 44 percent of Republicans saying they’re more supporters of Trump than the GOP, versus 50 percent who say they’re more supporters of the GOP than the former president.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/after-100-days-out-office-trump-s-support-softens-nbc-n1265457

I think the more he publicly cries about losing the election is going to cost him more points.

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, The Dude said:

44% of Republicans indicating they support Trump over the party is signaling a drop in support for him?  That seems like a huge number

1 hour ago, Dickies said:

44% of Republicans indicating they support Trump over the party is signaling a drop in support for him?  That seems like a huge number

From the article.

It’s the first time since July 2019 when party supporters have outnumbered Trump supporters in our poll, and it’s also the first time that party supporters have reached 50 percent on this question.

it’s a bad trend.  Nobody likes a sore loser.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, timschochet said:

I’m not suggesting you don’t love your country. But a merit based immigration system is un-American. At our core we are about taking in those who seek a better life, and we don’t distinguish. We’re not Canada; they don’t have a Statue of Liberty. We are different, and better, than every other country on Earth, primarily because of our heritage of accepting immigrants not based on who they are but on their desire to come and be part of us. 

I’m a huge believer in American exceptionalism. I recognize our faults but they are outweighed by our promise. If we start taking in people based on their value to us rather than the other way around, we give up am essential part of what defines this country. 

And you didn't take it there, but I will.  If we proclaim ourselves a Christian nation, which many people do, then we are welcoming.  We recognize that every single person has worth because of who they were created in the image of, not because of some arbitrary human idea of what they are worth.....

On 5/8/2021 at 10:31 AM, BladeRunner said:

so weird, people who live by me still flying his flags and have his 2020 campaign signs in their flowerbeds.

He will grift until the day he dies, so he is running again 

2 hours ago, Guido Merkins said:

And you didn't take it there, but I will.  If we proclaim ourselves a Christian nation, which many people do, then we are welcoming.  We recognize that every single person has worth because of who they were created in the image of, not because of some arbitrary human idea of what they are worth.....

Are we really a Christian nation though?  I am a Christian but not sure I would call the US Christian.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are we really a Christian nation though?  I am a Christian but not sure I would call the US Christian.

Only if you look at religious of affiliation - granted most people pay lip service to religion but we break virtually every commandment regularly.  Jesus’ teachings were about taking care of the poor and needy and giving and helping others.  We don’t do that consistently. We argue about whether billionaires should or shouldn’t be taxed more - very Christ-like accumulating a lot of money.

2 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

so weird, people who live by me still flying his flags and have his 2020 campaign signs in their flowerbeds.

He will grift until the day he dies, so he is running

Yeah, weird. I still see Hillary Clinton bumper stickers on cars.  By your logic I guess that means Hillary Clinton is running again too. 

18 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, weird. I still see Hillary Clinton bumper stickers on cars.  By your logic I guess that means Hillary Clinton is running again too. 

To be fair, those are a little more difficult to remove.  I doubt the people with these bumper stickers are flying Hillary flags in their yards.  I'll give the Trump bumper stickers a pass, but I don't understand the yard signs and flags that I see around town.  One dude here has like a 20-foot Trump flag on his roof to go with the one flying on his flagpole and 10+ signs in his flower beds.  It's bizarre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dickies said:

To be fair, those are a little more difficult to remove.  I doubt the people with these bumper stickers are flying Hillary flags in their yards.  I'll give the Trump bumper stickers a pass, but I don't understand the yard signs and flags that I see around town.  One dude here has like a 20-foot Trump flag on his roof to go with the one flying on his flagpole and 10+ signs in his flower beds.  It's bizarre.

They are waiting to tell you "I told you so" when he is sworn in after the fraud is exposed - is there a new date?

🤣

10 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Only if you look at religious of affiliation - granted most people pay lip service to religion but we break virtually every commandment regularly.  Jesus’ teachings were about taking care of the poor and needy and giving and helping others.  We don’t do that consistently. We argue about whether billionaires should or shouldn’t be taxed more - very Christ-like accumulating a lot of money.

The United States is a confusing nation.  On one hand, I disagree with what you are saying because the US is the most charitable nation on earth, bar none.  But on the other hand, I agree with what you are saying in that we seem to have an issue with using our nations resources to help the poor.

George W Bush, for all his faults, used the power, resources, and influence of the US (with Dr Fauci BTW) to help save millions of lives in Africa with the AIDS crisis.  And he did so because he believed as a Christian he was called to do that....that's how we as a nation should view the world.  As the richest nation on earth, we have a responsibility to help lift humanity

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Things are going down the tubes fast.  Hopefully, Father Trump is warming up in the bullpen.  

My favorite baseball team, the Los Angeles Angels, has the worst bullpen in the major leagues, by far. I’d still take them over yours. 

Edited by timschochet

2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Angels won’t even be able to mow the field soon thanks to Biden’s gas shortages.  

His gas shortages?  Interesting...please expand on this...