What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (9 Viewers)

Believe it, I am glad for Trump being front and center as this makes it more likely Joe's friends will vote more sensibly when confronted with a trump backed and promoted candidate as their standard bearer in the 2024 election. More likely on a dem president for another 4 years.
You just got done calling the owner naïve because his friends must love Trump if they are republican.  Which is it?

These interlopers fail to comprehend:

Every time we have to pump expensive gas into our cars, bad hombres cross the border and commit heinous crimes, ChyNa flexes on the US, cancel culture claims another innocent victim, Biden forgets an important date in our history, someone pushes gun control, big tech silences the right, BLM and/or Antifa riots, and the MSM gets caught in another lie Trump gets stronger

Thanks for your opinion. And to be clear, my "position" is I don't think you have to love Donald Trump to be a "real" Republican. 
I don't think anyone besides a percentage of Trump supporters believe this.  

Sasse and Cheney were threatened with censure by their party for speaking out against Trump.  Romney was just called a RINO a few pages ago in this thread by a Trump supporter for not being loyal to Trump.  Guys like Sasse and Romney are the real Republicans in my mind, and it's sad that they've been denigrated by the Trump brand of Republican

I don't think anyone besides a percentage of Trump supporters believe this.  

Sasse and Cheney were threatened with censure by their party for speaking out against Trump.  Romney was just called a RINO a few pages ago in this thread by a Trump supporter for not being loyal to Trump.  Guys like Sasse and Romney are the real Republicans in my mind, and it's sad that they've been denigrated by the Trump brand of Republican
Horrible take in my mind.  It isn't about bowing to Trump as much as being soft and allowing Democrats to push horrible policies on the American public.

Horrible take in my mind.  It isn't about bowing to Trump as much as being soft and allowing Democrats to push horrible policies on the American public.
Would you agree that this is challenging to reconcile given Liz Cheney’s voting record?

The problem is there is nobody as charismatic and visionary as Trump to challenge him for the leadership of the party.  Trump’s policies are correct. It’s his bull in a china shop style that gets him in trouble.  However, it’s also why so many love him. The best thing for the party is for Trump to play kingmaker.  A polished charismatic candidate that is willing to fight for the job and the country with Trump’s endorsement will crush the Democratic candidate in 2024. 
That might be my biggest problem with Trump supporters; because most are very quick to point out that shouldn't be a parameter in judging him; that I should judge him solely on policy.  You can't have that both ways.  I said since the beginning of the election that if he dialed his "10" back to an "8"....he'd have won handily.  

I kind of agree with the potential for another candidate to crush in 2024......although I don't know if Trump can't make another candidates potential about him; thus putting his personality back into the mix as a viable election talking point.  

This is a very naive position Joe. The current crop of 2022 and 2024 republican hopefuls are currently genuflecting to trump in manor akin to kissing the ring. As an example see how Ted Cruz has shown how spineless and bereft of personal integrity he is by bowing to idolization in a quest for the golden ring. Josh Hawley, Matt Gaetz, Mitch McConnell, pence(we don't see eye to eye)...they've all succumbed to the boot licking required to be accepted into the current republican party. Meanwhile, McCain's widow and the scion Cheney are being pilloried as traitors to the cause. 

Audit in progress in Arizona and contemplations in ga, pa, mich . Trump Is the Republican party at the moment
Another Bruce alias, ugh. 🤢

Disagree. I don't think republicans would say you must love Donald Trump in order to be a "real" republican

Although I get it's fun and useful for some to continue to try and divide like that. Please don't. 
Can a real Republican publicly disagree with Trump?  Is Liz Cheney a real Republican?  Or is she a RINO as many in her party are labelling her?

If this is the case, then why did the GOP oust Cheney from her leadership position and replace her with Stafanik, who has a more moderate voting record?  
Because Cheney was parroting the lies of the MSM that Trump incited a violent riot.  

If this is the case, then why did the GOP oust Cheney from her leadership position and replace her with Stafanik, who has a more moderate voting record?  

Because Cheney was parroting the lies of the MSM that Trump incited a violent riot.  
I thought it was because she allows Dems to push horrible policies....

Try reading the thread.  Tim said it, then a whole bunch of your teammates challenged Joe for calling him out.
Challenged Joe?  Some of us disagreed with Joe...gave our reasons for it.  We are allowed to do so...I don't agree with Joe on everything...just as many of you don't and have voiced your displeasure about moderation and things in the past.

That does not equal a bunch of us "challenged" him.

Challenged Joe?  Some of us disagreed with Joe...gave our reasons for it.  We are allowed to do so...I don't agree with Joe on everything...just as many of you don't and have voiced your displeasure about moderation and things in the past.

That does not equal a bunch of us "challenged" him.
What word would you like me to use when he says "don't" and you continue to do?  Here is his reply directly to you:

Disagree. I don't think republicans would say you must love Donald Trump in order to be a "real" republican. 

Although I get it's fun and useful for some to continue to try and divide like that. Please don't. 
But, I guess you must be right because nothing is ever done about it.

What word would you like me to use when he says "don't" and you continue to do?  Here is his reply directly to you:

But, I guess you must be right because nothing is ever done about it.
I continue to do what?  I did not further reply with him on that...still not "challenging him".  I "must be right"?  No, not necessarily.  But definitely not seeing this "challenging" by a bunch of people for calmly and rationally discussing a topic.

NBC owning up to fake news.  Bible photo op had nothing to do with the Floyd protesters being dispersed IG says. Link

Remember the regulars in here crying about tear gas?   :lmao: . Turns out it was just MSM TDS. 
So does the Washington Post adjust their Trump lies count every time he gets vindicated?   He was ultimately right on RUSSIA!!!, immigration and the “China Virus.”   If America’s Audit finds tampering that number would have to be down to single digits.  

NBC owning up to fake news.  Bible photo op had nothing to do with the Floyd protesters being dispersed IG says. Link

Remember the regulars in here crying about tear gas?   :lmao: . Turns out it was just MSM TDS. 
Well, this was a major F-up in terms of news reporting. That narrative was everywhere. I’m surprised it took this long for the story to come out. 

Haven’t we known this for a while - that hydroxichloriquine is an effective treatment for severe cases of Covid-19?  What I recall the concern being was that people were taking it as a preventive measure, despite little evidence of efficacy in preventing transmission, which in turn was causing a run on the medicine (my wife takes it for an unrelated medical condition).

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t we known this for a while - that hydroxichloriquine is an effective treatment for severe cases of Covid-19?  What I recall the concern being was that people were taking it as a preventive measure, despite little evidence of efficacy in preventing transmission, which in turn was causing a run on the medicine (my wife takes it for an unrelated medical condition).
Yes.  The former president reported that he was taking it as a preventative measure.  I'm going out on a limb and say that it was ineffective in that regard since he did contract the disease.

Well, this was a major F-up in terms of news reporting. That narrative was everywhere. I’m surprised it took this long for the story to come out. 
Part of the problem...why did park police not mention this to any of those reporting on the story (as most were reporting on it from their people they had on the ground who witnessed the events happening).

Reading about Barr's actions speeding it up, the secret service advancing early before some of the warnings...its not quite the total vindication some are clutching to.

Part of the problem...why did park police not mention this to any of those reporting on the story (as most were reporting on it from their people they had on the ground who witnessed the events happening).

Reading about Barr's actions speeding it up, the secret service advancing early before some of the warnings...its not quite the total vindication some are clutching to.
So NOW we don’t trust IG reports. 

So NOW we don’t trust IG reports. 
What part of the IG report states anything contrary to my post.  Please cite it...

I believe the IG correctly reported on the events as a whole.  Did the IG report address when the news was told about the fence thing?

For a clearer picture of what I am saying, you can refer to it in the thread the report was first discussed here...

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/796270-the-price-of-rejecting-the-mainstream-media/?do=findComment&comment=23431145

What part of the IG report states anything contrary to my post.  Please cite it...

I believe the IG correctly reported on the events as a whole.  Did the IG report address when the news was told about the fence thing?

For a clearer picture of what I am saying, you can refer to it in the thread the report was first discussed here...

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/796270-the-price-of-rejecting-the-mainstream-media/?do=findComment&comment=23431145
The MSM was pulling your chain with a false spin on what happened.  You and others went all in and spread that narrative because you wanted it to be true. Learn from it, apologize to the PSF members you insulted and move on.  

The MSM was pulling your chain with a false spin on what happened.  You and others went all in and spread that narrative because you wanted it to be true. Learn from it, apologize to the PSF members you insulted and move on.  
You should probably read the report and what I said and comment on that rather than making comments about me or other posters.

I have zero to apologize for as I made no such insults.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does the Washington Post adjust their Trump lies count every time he gets vindicated?   He was ultimately right on RUSSIA!!!, immigration and the “China Virus.”   If America’s Audit finds tampering that number would have to be down to single digits.  
Meh.  There's always disinformation in the media. It happens. He's not the President anymore....so who cares if he's vindicated.

Reposting here because of nonsense like the above.  It's worth posting the full article.

This blows the audit nonsense/stupidity of the AZ GOP wide open.

STEPHEN RICHER is the Maricopa County recorder. He was elected, as a Republican, in November 2020, and took office in January and writer of the linked/below

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/05/the-madness-of-the-maricopa-county-election-audit/

I’m a libertarian-minded Republican. I hate taxes. Especially the income tax. But I pay all required taxes.

I suspect you also pay your taxes. And like most Americans, you probably don’t cheat or lie.

For that reason, even though an IRS audit might annoy you and cause you some stress, you’d eventually realize that you have nothing to fear as long as the audit is done fairly and properly.

But you’d likely feel differently if the IRS outsourced the audit to someone who:

Had no applicable professional credentials

Had never previously run a tax audit

Believed that Hugo Chavez had nefariously controlled your tax-auditing software

Had publicly stated prior to examining your taxes that you’d certainly committed tax fraud

That is what is happening to elections in Maricopa County, Ariz. — the home of almost two-thirds of Arizona’s voting population.

In the immediate aftermath of the November 3, 2020, election, Maricopa County oversaw a hand-count audit of over 47,000 votes, a statistically significant sampling as determined by multiple professional statisticians. The recognized political parties — Republican, Democrat, and Libertarian — administered the hand count in groups of three volunteers appointed by party leadership. Those hand-counted results matched the machine-tabulated results with 100 percent accuracy. Perfect accuracy. This was the third hand count performed by the political parties in 2020 that confirmed the accuracy of Maricopa County’s tabulation equipment.

The same is true of the pre-election and post-election tests done of the tabulation equipment — 100 percent accuracy. The machines are state and federally certified, and the county has used machines owned by the same parent company (Dominion) since 1998 without problems or discrepancies.

Nonetheless, in February, the county enlisted two professional, certified elections-equipment companies to analyze the oft-voiced concerns regarding the Dominion tabulation software and hardware. The county asked the two election companies to do everything necessary to:

Analyze hacking vulnerabilities of both the tabulation hardware and software

Verify that no malware had been installed to the tabulators

Determine if the tabulators had connected to the Internet at any point before, during, or after the election

Assess if any vote switching occurred as a result of the tabulators

Both companies used methodologies honed over the course of hundreds of previous examinations. Neither company found problems with the tabulators. Their reports are available online.

We also had the benefit of the eight court cases challenging Maricopa County’s election administration. None of those eight cases found any widespread inaccuracy, fraud, or wrongdoing. Only two were dismissed for lack of standing.

Armed with these facts and professional assessments, I made the only reasonable conclusion I could make: Maricopa County accurately tabulated the November 3 ballots. I say this without any bias or skin in the game. The irony of all of this is that I was merely a candidate in November. In fact, I defeated the incumbent Democrat who was previously the top elections official for the county. (I guess he forgot to rig his own election? Or was it a clever ruse?)

But the Arizona Senate didn’t feel comfortable with that conclusion and is now conducting its own audit. For an unknown reason, Maricopa County is the only county of Arizona’s 15 counties being audited, and only the top two contests on the ballot — the presidential, in which Joe Biden (D) defeated incumbent Donald Trump (R), and the Senate race, in which Mark Kelly (D) defeated incumbent Martha McSally (R) — are being audited. Down-ballot, Republicans held the state legislature and won five of the six countywide seats.

At least one professional, widely known, certified elections company (Clear Ballot) applied to do the Senate’s audit. The Senate rejected that official bid.

The Senate has not provided any details on its selection process and ultimately chose a company that did not formally apply. That company is Cyber Ninjas — a tiny cybersecurity company from Sarasota, Fla. This is the first election audit ever run by Cyber Ninjas. You did not read that wrong: Before being handed the lead position in maybe the most consequential post-election audit ever, Cyber Ninjas had run zero election audits. Understandably, nobody in the elections community had ever heard of Cyber Ninjas. Neither Christian Ziegler, vice chairman of the Republican Party of Florida — where the Cyber Ninjas are from — nor Representative Vern Buchanan, whose election in 2006 caused changes to Florida election law, had previously heard of, or worked with, Cyber Ninjas. That’s right: The state that gave America the hanging chad had never heard of Cyber Ninjas.

Even more troubling than the lack of any election-audit experience are the publicly stated beliefs of Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan.

Logan has indulged the wildest election conspiracy theories, including the one that deceased Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez somehow had a hand in rigging America’s elections. Perhaps because of the malignant influence of Chavez, Logan had already concluded, prior to even starting the audit, that the nation’s elections were fraudulent (“I’m tired of hearing people say there was no fraud. It happened, it’s real, and people better get wise fast,” read a tweet he once retweeted). He also authored a report called “Election Fraud Facts & Details” for conspiracy-theorist-in-chief Sidney Powell, who has started singing a very different tune since getting sued by Dominion for defamation.

The resulting audit is about what you’d expect. The auditors spent days using UV lights looking for watermarks as a result of a popular QAnon theory about the election (Maricopa County’s ballots don’t have watermarks), and they’re still examining the paper ballots for traces of bamboo fibers to prove that the ballots were fraudulently flown in from China (our ballots are printed in none other than Arizona). The volunteer workers of the audit are recruited mostly from Republican Party sources, including a former Arizona Republican Party chairman and a former Republican state legislator who was on the November 3 ballot and also at the January 6 rally at the Capitol. Just how Republican-heavy the workforce is has not been disclosed. There is no documented process for vetting audit workers, but that component is now being managed by Patrick Byrne, another election conspiracy theorist and friend of Sidney Powell.

The methodology is no better. It’s a slipshod process that would never be used by professional election auditors and which has earned the widespread ridicule of election officials. Cyber Ninjas even committed the rookie mistake of having a blue pen (which can be used to mark ballots) in the ballot-counting area. The company only learned of this faux-pas when an on-site journalist expressed concern (and journalists have not been allowed at all parts of the audit). The subcontractor who set up the recount process recently decided to walk off the job after having only completed one-fourth of the ballots. The hand count was originally set to finish in mid May, but despite having tables that rotate ballots at a whiplash speed and likely faster than volunteers can count, the count is still ongoing.

As for the funding of this multi-month endeavor, it’s dripping with irony. The same people who have thrown fits that Mark Zuckerberg very publicly, transparently, and lawfully provided grant funding to help election officials during coronavirus are now shaking the can for private, undisclosed donations to this audit. They’ve already raised millions of dollars and have benefited from the munificence of far-from-impartial sources such as One America News Network and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist lawyer Lin Wood.

That’s your audit. Are you still comfortable? If you are, do you think your Democrat friends are?

Perhaps I could have celebrated another confidence-boosting audit if it had been run by a professional elections firm like Clear Ballot. Or else a top-notch auditor like Deloitte.

But Cyber Ninjas? I’m not going to believe a darn thing they say. And I’m a Republican who voted for Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread