What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

Wow look at the Biden apologist rally in here, doing their best not to acknowledge that Biden is far worse of a leader that Trump that they complained about daily for years and years. It has to sting when you elected someone responsible for such a disaster just because you were blinded by your hate for someone else. Hopefully a lesson can be learned here but not counting on it. 

Wow look at the Biden apologist rally in here, doing their best not to acknowledge that Biden is far worse of a leader that Trump that they complained about daily for years and years. It has to sting when you elected someone responsible for such a disaster just because you were blinded by your hate for someone else. Hopefully a lesson can be learned here but not counting on it. 
Let’s check Tim’s report card on Biden :lol:

Remember the outrage in here when Trump said we are leaving Syria?  

Biden cuts and runs in Afghanistan. Our friends and allies are literally falling to their deaths trying to escape. The Taliban now has US weapons worth billions to someday use to promote terror worldwide.  

But Trump…..

Remember the outrage in here when Trump said we are leaving Syria?  

Biden cuts and runs in Afghanistan. Our friends and allies are literally falling to their deaths trying to escape. The Taliban now has US weapons worth billions to someday use to promote terror worldwide.  

But Trump…..
We did get an awesome "..but Obama" in the other thread today... 

“I started the process, all the troops are coming home, they (Biden) couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. They (Biden) couldn’t stop the process, they (Biden) wanted to but couldn’t stop the process.”

- Trump, 1 month ago
And? I’m 100% for pulling out . It’s how he did it. The devil is in the details and all that. Biden fantastically screwed it up

"A Government that wouldn't last...the only way they last is if we are there.  What are we going to do? Stay another 21 years?  The whole thing is ridiculous.  We're bringing our troops back home."

- Donald Trump, July 2021
See I don't think leaving was wrong.    Do it right.   This isn't it.

Getting rolled up having 500+ Americans stuck behind a wall.   Thousands of people who supported us about to be a head shorter.

That's how a person who can't make decisions anymore would do it.   No matter what you think of Trump.   Having a man suffering mental decline isn't a step up.   Oh and Trump was planning to be out in May.   So Biden had 3 extra months to get this right.

And? I’m 100% for pulling out . It’s how he did it. The devil is in the details and all that. Biden fantastically screwed it up

Maybe.  But I am not sure anything changes the end-result.  So, I think we are quibbling about timing, rather than substance.

You can argue that the US should have gotten its Afghan nationals processed and out of the country - those that helped the US cause.  But, the big GOP talking point now is complaining about how many refugees the US will be taking in - so, I don't think that is a real difference.

You pro-Trump people are so sad. 

Insane megalomaniac guy gets one out of 20 things right, time for a victory lap.

Can we forget the thing where he tried to destroy the country?

Donald nailed it again.  

I think everyone knew that the government was not going to stand when the US pulled out.  So, its a little disingenuous for people to claim shock when the government collapsed.  

It sucks for the people on the ground.  No question.

But, we can't have people calling for the withdrawal of all troops, and then complain about the results of said troop withdrawal.

"A Government that wouldn't last...the only way they last is if we are there.  What are we going to do? Stay another 21 years?  The whole thing is ridiculous.  We're bringing our troops back home."

- Donald Trump, July 2021
Nice deflection, no one was against bringing troops home….only doing it in such a disastrous manner no one thought was possible. 

But keep making excuses, it exposes your extreme bias and blinders. 

Nice deflection, no one was against bringing troops home….only doing it in such a disastrous manner no one thought was possible. 

But keep making excuses, it exposes your extreme bias and blinders. 

:shrug:

I am saying there was no good way to make this happen - the result was inevitable.  Nobody is making excuses here.  The entire political spectrum wanted all the troops out of Afghanistan.  Now, troops are out of Afghanistan, and the "country" will revert to its natural state.  Not terribly relevant whether it happened in August 2021, or May 2021.

Maybe.  But I am not sure anything changes the end-result.  So, I think we are quibbling about timing, rather than substance.

You can argue that the US should have gotten its Afghan nationals processed and out of the country - those that helped the US cause.  But, the big GOP talking point now is complaining about how many refugees the US will be taking in - so, I don't think that is a real difference.
Quibbling?   No I don't see any quibbling.

And with 250k rolling every month we could absorb 50k and given them legal status.

I am saying there was no good way to make this happen - the result was inevitable.  Nobody is making excuses here.  The entire political spectrum wanted all the troops out of Afghanistan.  Now, troops are out of Afghanistan, and the "country" will revert to its natural state.  Not terribly relevant whether it happened in August 2021, or May 2021.
Troops are out?

They're sending thousands more in to try and help with this mess.

Except for those 50k people who are dead.    But then everyone dies.

Omg Biden is actively destroying this country and you think Trump was a problem.   
It's like watching one of those AFV cat videos where they're in front of the TV, standing on the cabinet, swatting at the finches on Nat Geo. OK dude. We get it. You think it's a real bird but we have some sad news. 

"No, you're the cat! With the fake bird or whatever. Loser!"

lol, OK fella. You just keep believin' Just stop scratching the upholstery in your fever dreams.

It's like watching one of those AFV cat videos where they're in front of the TV, standing on the cabinet, swatting at the finches on Nat Geo. OK dude. We get it. You think it's a real bird but we have some sad news. 

lol, OK fella. You just keep believin' Just stop scratching the upholstery in your fever dreams.
Lol   Well put.

What is AFV?

I highly doubt Father Trump would have cut and run like Biden.  It would have been well planned and executed. The Donald is a fighter and a statesman.  
At the very least I think he would have had enough sense to keep Bagram Airfield open to help with the evacuation instead of abandoning it in the middle of the night back in July.

US left Afghan airfield at night, didn’t tell new commander

The U.S. left Afghanistan’s Bagram Airfield after nearly 20 years by shutting off the electricity and slipping away in the night without notifying the base’s new Afghan commander, who discovered the Americans’ departure more than two hours after they left, Afghan military officials said.

My honest judgment is that Trump wouldn’t have done any worse than Biden did. Nor would he have done any better than Biden did. The outcome would have been just about the same: the only difference that I can see, based on his history, is that when it was all over Trump would never had said, “the buck stops here”; he would have blamed others and left it at that. 

Those of you here who believe that the results of this affair would have been significantly different and BETTER had Trump been President, I’m open to argument, Please explain, in detail, what Trump would have done differently and how it would have changed the outcome: 

@HellToupee

@GoBirds

@knowledge dropper

At the very least I think he would have had enough sense to keep Bagram Airfield open to help with the evacuation instead of abandoning it in the middle of the night back in July.

US left Afghan airfield at night, didn’t tell new commander
This seems in part on military leaders. The not coordinating with Afghan forces. Perhaps there is some strategic reason why this would be handled this way, but it makes no sense viewing from the outside. 

My honest judgment is that Trump wouldn’t have done any worse than Biden did. Nor would he have done any better than Biden did. The outcome would have been just about the same: the only difference that I can see, based on his history, is that when it was all over Trump would never had said, “the buck stops here”; he would have blamed others and left it at that. 

Those of you here who believe that the results of this affair would have been significantly different and BETTER had Trump been President, I’m open to argument, Please explain, in detail, what Trump would have done differently and how it would have changed the outcome: 

@HellToupee

@GoBirds

@knowledge dropper
The post above you is a good start.  How many hours of woke training would our military have not wasted their time taking over the past 6 months?  I honestly don’t think he would have cut and ran.  

Users who are viewing this thread