Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

9 hours ago, tonydead said:

People are actually wondering why the Petito story gets airtime?  Talk about completely out of touch ignorance. 

CBS Evening News ran with Petito Autopsy Results as their #1 story last night. NBC Nightly had it #2 after Covid Booster Mass Confusion Caused by Biden Administration.  Neither had any segment at all about But Trump!

:lmao:

Is it not obvious? What else can these "media" centers report on without sacrificing Biden? They want to push this story to distract from the border, Afghanistan, Covid mandates, trillion dollar budgets, inflation, etc, etc, etc....all things that have Biden's name all over it. 

6 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Is it not obvious? What else can these "media" centers report on without sacrificing Biden? They want to push this story to distract from the border, Afghanistan, Covid mandates, trillion dollar budgets, inflation, etc, etc, etc....all things that have Biden's name all over it. 

And CNN and the PSF is still running Trump stories.  :lmao:

Edited by tonydead

1 minute ago, quick-hands said:

And horse whips

I'll tell you a story they AREN'T covering...How about the fact that the Biden administration's "righteous attack" on the Taliban with a drone actually killed 3 humanitarian workers who were in the process of transporting water to relief workers and 7 children.  

I'm not sure people who only watch CNN and MSNBC even know that happened. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shutout said:

I'll tell you a story they AREN'T covering...How about the fact that the Biden administration's "righteous attack" on the Taliban with a drone actually killed 3 humanitarian workers who were in the process of transporting water to relief workers and 7 children.  

It would be week after week.  Day after day.   Hour after hour.   They would be demanding  his resignation.    

But the dems don't care.   They care about power.

Just now, quick-hands said:

It would be week after week.  Day after day.   Hour after hour.   They would be demanding  his resignation.    

Even if he resigned a Democrat would still  be president.

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

You have to at this point.  If one party is trying to do a good job and the other is only going for power, TVs do goodies get bowled over every single time.  

The Republicans showed with the Merrick Garland snub that they were willing to throw out all norms and traditions to gain power.  

It worked too.  For the Democrats to pull punches after that would mean their certain annihilation.    

1 minute ago, Sabertooth said:

You have to at this point.  If one party is trying to do a good job and the other is only going for power, TVs do goodies get bowled over every single time.  

The Republicans showed with the Merrick Garland snub that they were willing to throw out all norms and traditions to gain power.  

It worked too.  For the Democrats to pull punches after that would mean their certain annihilation.    

Dumping merrick garland has proven to be an unbelievably good idea.    And Obama was hoisted on his own Petard.   Elections have consequences,   you don't like it.   Vote.    And the country is in peril because it voted for a man who is in the pocket of  xi jinping.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

And the GOP doesn’t?  Hahahahahaha.  Seriously that might be the funniest implication I’ve ever read.  

They are 2 sides of the same coin.  Power is ALL either of them care about.  

16 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

There have probably been hundreds if not thousands of drone strikes that have killed innocent bystanders spanning the last four presidencies. It’s absolutely disgusting, but until we wash our hands of military conflicts, it’s going to continue to be a sad reality. If there is proof that intelligence had good reason to believe the drone strike would target civilians and the POTUS went through with it anyways, then I would demand their resignation. I would also want them tried for war crimes. 

26 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Merrick Garland? This has been gone over ad naseum. I forgot the numbers since posting it but its in the forums somewhere. With one exception, every single administration since the beginning of the United States has confirmed/supported nominees when the controlling senate aligned with the party of the president and opposed/not supported when it didn't...regardless of whether it was the Republican OR Democratic party.  They followed the epitome of norms and traditions and the Democrats would have done the exact same thing. 

And to make your point even more glaringly wrong as you point the finger at Republicans, let's remind you that Mitch McConnell and the Republicans were only able to make that call on Merrick Garland because of what Democrat Harry Reid did a few years earlier by changing the vote to simple majority. McConnel warned him at that time that he (Reid) had triggered a "nuclear option" by using their position of power at the time to change the rules and ....wait for it...IGNORE NORMS and TRADITIONS....And McConnell told him that very day "this WILL come back to bite you when the Dems are not in the majority....and it did.

But if are to discuss norms and traditions, where is the outcry about the norms and traditions of changing the process by which the country votes, the talk of eliminating the filibuster, the threat of packing the supreme court, the outright disregard of the constitution on topics such as free speech, the right to bear arms, moratoriums on evictions (which came directly from Biden's mouth when he did it that he knew it wasn't legal)?  

ALL these things are much more egregious strays from norms and traditions. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Shutout said:

Merrick Garland? This has been gone over ad naseum. I forgot the numbers since posting it but its in the forums somewhere. With one exception, every single administration since the beginning of the United States has confirmed/supported nominees when the controlling senate aligned with the party of the president and opposed/not supported when it didn't...regardless of whether it was the Republican OR Democratic party.  They followed the epitome of norms and traditions and the Democrats would have done the exact same thing. 

And to make your point even more glaringly wrong as you point the finger at Republicans, let's remind you that Mitch McConnell and the Republicans were only able to make that call on Merrick Garland because of what Democrat Harry Reid did a few years earlier by changing the vote to simple majority. McConnel warned him at that time that he (Reid) had triggered a "nuclear option" by using their position of power at the time to change the rules and ....wait for it...IGNORE NORMS and TRADITIONS....And McConnell told him that very day "this WILL come back to bite you when the Dems are not in the majority....and it did.

But if are to discuss norms and traditions, where is the outcry about the norms and traditions of changing the process by which the country votes, the talk of eliminating the filibuster, the threat of packing the supreme court, the outright disregard of the constitution on topics such as free speech, the right to bear arms, moratoriums on evictions (which came directly from Biden's mouth when he did it that he knew it wasn't legal)?  

ALL these things are much more egregious strays from norms and traditions. 

norms like this?

https://twitter.com/thedemocrats/status/1440664054964449292?s=21

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shutout said:

With one exception, every single administration since the beginning of the United States has confirmed/supported nominees when the controlling senate aligned with the party of the president and opposed/not supported when it didn't 

Lol

3 hours ago, Shutout said:

I watch very little CNN, but about 90% of what I’ve  seen lately has been of that botched drone attack. Even had a press conference with some military dude. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zigg said:

I watch very little CNN, but about 90% of what I’ve  seen lately has been of that botched drone attack. Even had a press conference with some military dude. 

This story was broken by the Fake News NYT. Without this reporting who knows if we ever get the truth from our government and military.

19 minutes ago, The General said:

This story was broken by the Fake News NYT. Without this reporting who knows if we ever get the truth from our government and military.

I can't keep track of when we're supposed to believe the NYT, FDA or CDC.   

6 hours ago, quick-hands said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

I will say there appears to be a clear hard line, if we are talking about establishment Democrats, from those who have had some success in another career before politics versus not.

Nancy Pelosi has spent her entire life working in the political establishment. Honestly it would have done her good to spend 10 years working as a rank and file teacher in a public school in a poor district. Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsom are other examples of legacy type politicians who have no real world view context. There was a place and time in our society when pursuing politics first meant you had to spend the time to hone a career and establish yourself in your community first. Now you get people like Beto O'Rourke, a failed musician who camped out on his families good will and their success, whose campaign is basically a clearinghouse for all the failed Obama loyalists who can't get a job doing real political work because they plain are bad at doing it.

Tulsi Gabbard would have been good a functional governance. I also believe, if we are talking about currently and looking at DNC ticket contenders for 2024, Amy Klobuchar , who has a real legal career behind her, would actually make some real attempt at functional governance.

The Founders never envisioned this type of problem, but honestly if the Constitution stated that you needed to work 10 years full time outside of government before you could run for office, with exemptions for law enforcement, military and health care, then professional politics would be a much better place.

For all her failings, and she has a ton of them, AOC actually shows signs of having a social conscience. Do I want her running the country? No. But her push for M4A comes from a personal place with her father's death and her mother's battle with HMOs over the billing and bureaucracy. But the other Squadies are pure madness. Ilhan Omar runs her district like an open cartel. Pressley and Tlaib are glorified street capos for AOC who are complete political zeros. You have to assess these politicians on an individual level.

Part of the issue for the Democratic Party is you can't win reelection without Party support and Party money if you are not a brand name politician and most are not brand name politicians. The Joint Finance Agreements that DNC HQ uses within the Party effectively turns professional politics on the left side of the aisle into a bizarre corrupt feudal system. Point to note, again, for all of AOC's flaws, she can exist financially without Party support. Nearly all other elected officials who rely on the Party to survive can't do that. The reason legacy/nepotism cases like Whitmer and Newsom thrive is they can be controlled.

If you have success in another career, you still have the option to walk away. Whatever people think about Ted Cruz here, and most of the time, it's not very pretty from the left, he's a Tier 1 level pipe hitter as an attorney. He's completely legit. He can walk away from professional politics and still hold a career and some social status.

Would that be true of Gretchen Whitmer?

No one can actually control Amy Klobuchar. Most establishment Democrats are actually terrified of her. Because she has the Honey Badger mentality, she just doesn't give a ####. If you go after her, she will gut you even if it costs her an entire political career to do it.

Idiots are easier to control but also do more damage to the average American by pushing insane public policy driven by special interests and political pork.

I do not believe the entire Democratic Party is toxic. I do believe the system in place supports the most toxic and ignorant of the bunch to rise to the top. If your VP short list is Whitmer, Kamala Harris and Susan Rice, then something is very very very wrong.

I don't believe the average liberals here at the FBG forums are all that bad either. Most I'd wager are traditional liberals and most of them likely share many policy views as many moderates and even some Conservatives. But they tend to get shouted down and shouted out by the radical left woke cancel culture fringe here.

We are a society that is no longer progressive about true justice. If you give people true justice, they will stop being apathetic to the sound and fury and corruption of their elected officials. If you threw a molotov cocktail and tried to burn people alive in 2020 during the unchecked looting and rioting, you should get your head caved in with a baseball bat. If there were enough videos of those folks on the ground bleeding out of their ears with their skulls turned to dust, you'd see fewer molotov cocktails thrown. If you wanted to breach the Capitol and hit a police officer and swarm them, you should get hit in the throat with that same baseball bat. If you are on the ground choking on your own blood, then you'd see fewer people thinking storming a federal building is a good idea.

People stop caring because they believe justice will never come. ( As a geriatric, I have some latent fears about things that will never come. But, to assuage all doubts, my plumbing is still quite reliable. But natural dominance always finds a way to deliver. I digress) And those people would be mostly right. Until that changes, our political system won't change.

I've said it for years here on the FBG forums - To succeed, first you need a logistical plan and functional set up to lead you to a path towards real victory.

##### nozzles rule because there are no effective filters in place  to stop them. (Well, there's me, but I can't be every where at once. But the thought of that should be comforting to many though)

My personal plumbing is quite excellent. But our political system is like the quality of the last season of Game Of Thrones. There lies  the problem. If our political system was as reliable as my vas deferens, our nation would be much safer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shutout said:

Which President didn’t have all those things though?  

• Laughing 1

On 9/23/2021 at 12:29 AM, The General said:

He followed it up with a chili dip 7 iron, then skulled his PW over the green, chipped on, 3 putt with the last 4 footer picked up, gave himself a par. Then shot "3 over" for the day :lol:

Trump is a solid golfer.    He has a really good swing and his turn is great.  Hands lead  the club head and he has forward shaft lean.   I doubt he chili dips his 7 iron very often.

As far as the skulling his pw and 3 putting  for par I can't say.   But this sounds like you are projecting you golf game on him. 

2 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Trump is a solid golfer.    He has a really good swing and his turn is great.  Hands lead  the club head and he has forward shaft lean.   I doubt he chili dips his 7 iron very often.

As far as the skulling his pw and 3 putting  for par I can't say.   But this sounds like you are projecting you golf game on him. 

Just poking fun at Don’s score keeping :lol:

Many people say he’s the best cheater. 

• Laughing 1

13 hours ago, quick-hands said:

I would bet my house that the last time Trump didn’t cheat at golf was, well, never. I mean, that’s a layup.  

1 hour ago, zoonation said:

I would bet my house that the last time Trump didn’t cheat at golf was, well, never. I mean, that’s a layup.  

I'd bet ur house about anyone  in ur family  starting with u.    That's not a layup.    That's me picking u up so you could drop a shot in.

1 hour ago, zoonation said:

But if in the real world.   You challenged  trump to a real life golf outing  6900 yds.    You better be capable  of shooting  75

• Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

But if in the real world.   You challenged  trump to a real life golf outing  6900 yds.    You better be capable  of shooting  75

Lmao.  I’d bet the future of the human race that Trump couldn’t shoot 75 from 6900 yards.  Good lord that’s funny.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

75, hahaha 75. That’s awesome. Dude’s 75 yrs old and you think he’s shoot a legit 75. Lol  If you’re gonna go there why not just go Kim Jong-IL level and say he shoots 38 under with 11 hole in ones.  Go big on a claim like that or go home.  

Rick Reilly wrote a book about Trump and golf: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/10-astonishing-claims-from-the-book-detailing-president-trumps-cheating-at-golf

Some tidbits.

Caddies have an interesting nickname for Trump

That nickname would be "Pele." The moniker came from loopers at Winged Foot who got so used to Trump kicking his ball from the rough into the fairway.

He's generous with "gimmes"

Trump might be a conservative. But when it comes to conceding putts, he's as liberal as it gets.

A putt is generally considered good if it's "inside the leather"—i.e., within a foot of the cup. What constitutes a gimme is slightly different in Trump's world, routinely giving others—and himself—10-footers. Reilly even asserts he once saw Trump give himself a chip-in.

He messes with his opponents' games

Reilly says that Trump will do whatever it takes to win a match. One time, that included interfering with sportscaster Mike Tirico's ball. Tirico hit what he thought was the shot of his life into a par 5, only to find his ball in a sand trap. After the round, Tirico discovered how it got there.

“Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?’ ” Tirico said. “ ‘It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.’ ”

Pros say Trump's handicap is baloney

Trump boasts a 2.8 handicap, a figure that signals the type of stick that could make a run at a club championship.

It's also a figure that's been called B.S.

Former tour player and current FOX broadcaster Brad Faxon, a supporter and frequent partner of Trump's, called the president "a legit 10." LPGA Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam echoed those sentiments, calling Trump "a 9 or 10," as did Ernie Els ("an 8 or a 9").

Also odd: Despite making 165 visits to golf courses during his presidency, he's posted just one round on the USGA's GHIN service. There was a second round—Trump allegedly shot a 68 in October 2017—but he soon deleted it.

• Laughing 3

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump needs to comply with the FEC and not bristle anymore with the IRS.

He'll announce running to sweep in campaign dollars. I'm a hard line Conservative and I am going to acknowledge that Trump is a pure grifter. That being said, it's not impossible for even a grifter to produce decent public policy.

And, if I'm being fair, no one thought nearly a year ago that Trump had any chance at winning again, but it appears Biden/Harris and Susan Rice ( via Obama whispering in her ear) are doing everything possible to try to give Trump a better political narrative. It's unintentional and it's tragic and it's pathetic how badly Biden has reinvigorated the MAGA narrative.

I don't see Trump winning in 2024. Too much bad blood and too much controversy and too much linkage with J6 and the pandemic. Nikki Haley is purely immune from J6 and she's not currently holding a Governorship so the angles used to attack De Santis won't apply to her.

If Trump runs, the establishment Democrats might actually align behind Gavin Newsom.

Personally, it's just going to be easier on America and the GOP and Conservatives and bridging a better future if 2024 is devoid of Trump, Biden and Harris period.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dkp993 said:

75, hahaha 75. That’s awesome. Dude’s 75 yrs old and you think he’s shoot a legit 75. Lol  If you’re gonna go there why not just go Kim Jong-IL level and say he shoots 38 under with 11 hole in ones.  Go big on a claim like that or go home.  

I played last week with a 73 year old who shot 74 from 6900.      His drives  where over 280.   

On cue and unsurprisingly Trump is out there saying the AZ circus of “auditing” the votes proves that he won. Not just won AZ, won the election.

Enough already.

What’s somehow been dangerously normalized is that he’s got no problem using terribly divisive language day to describe over half of the electorate. Stuff that would get any of us banned from this forum, and any other politician rightfully excoriated. He’s the most divisive force in politics, with no compunction. No pushback from the party he controls. It’s dangerous, which many people have pointed out for 5 years now. He’s shown that he would eliminate democracy if it served his interests, literally had a 6 point memo drafted for Pence to follow to ignore the election results and install Trump like this country is some type of mafia organization. Told his followers to go to the Capital and he’d go there with them. No problem with any of this? This is America now? 

Dump this guy. It’s past time already.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

He messes with his opponents' games

Reilly says that Trump will do whatever it takes to win a match. One time, that included interfering with sportscaster Mike Tirico's ball. Tirico hit what he thought was the shot of his life into a par 5, only to find his ball in a sand trap. After the round, Tirico discovered how it got there.

“Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?’ ” Tirico said. “ ‘It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.’ ”

This alone should disqualify him from holding office. :coffee:

3 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Are we walking the course?

My club no.     And 75 year olds who own the course dont do "cart paths only"   also the drive right up to the fringe.

My son caddies and is working towards an evens scholarship. 

My club is way to spread out to have a caddy.   

I think trumps private clubs support caddy programs.

1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

Lot of bad golfers around here.   8 handicap is my clubs avg for men.   7200 gold.  6900 blue.     6100 white.   5000 red

75 is a solid golfer.       

What?  I’m a nine.  From 6900 yards I’ve shot 75 twice in my life.  75 year old Trump, playing ball in hole from 6900 is never shooting 75.  I’d bet everything I own.  

He cheats at golf. Like everything else. 

• Like 2