Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

KD Pro Tip:  If selected for jury duty, wear MAGA gear.  

 Thanks!  Wife just got a summons, hadn't thought of that one.  We were discussing using the positive covid excuse again, but, this seems like more fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

KD Pro Tip:  If selected for jury duty, wear MAGA gear.  

 

I don't know how it works where you live, but in L.A. County if you are selected for jury duty, you are not allowed have any wearing apparel with any political slogan on it entering the courthouse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was doing jury selection for a complex case and voir dire went for two days.   We informed the potential jurors on day 1 that the trial was going to be 6-8 weeks, so many of them became desperate to get out of it.   Day 2 several had switched their reading material to the Bible, one To Kill a Mockingbird and one guy wore a Reagan library sweatshirt.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, squistion said:

 

I don't know how it works where you live, but in L.A. County if you are selected for jury duty, you are not allowed have any wearing apparel with any political slogan on it entering the courthouse.

Link?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, squistion said:

 

I don't know how it works where you live, but in L.A. County if you are selected for jury duty, you are not allowed have any wearing apparel with any political slogan on it entering the courthouse.

MAGA should not be trivialized by calling it a political slogan.  It is a more accurately a tenet.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

MAGA should not be trivialized by calling it a political slogan.  It is a more accurately a tenet.  

You have got to expound on this. I'd rather read a dissertation from you about this statement than watch The Many Saints of Newark. That's how excited I am. Pretty please? As a favor to your biggest fan in the PSF?

Disclaimer: While it may read as snarky and facetious, my above statement is wholly true, so help me god. For realz.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Herb said:

You have got to expound on this. I'd rather read a dissertation from you about this statement than watch The Many Saints of Newark. That's how excited I am. Pretty please? As a favor to your biggest fan in the PSF?

Disclaimer: While it may read as snarky and facetious, my above statement is wholly true, so help me god. For realz.


It means America first in all facets of life.

It’s about sticking true to what we love as Americans.  You get to say “Merry Christmas, “”China Virus” lBad Hombre,” etc.  it’s okay to scorn cancel culture, stand for the anthem, locker room talk is still alive, you can drive a gas guzzler, laugh at non-PC jokes, own a gun, support police, mock and ignore woke silliness. You believe China is not our friend and avoid their products and you believe radical Islamic terrorism is bad. You believe we need to protect our borders.  Taxes are too high and every American needs to pull their weight

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, knowledge dropper said:


It means America first in all facets of life.

It’s about sticking true to what we love as Americans.  You get to say “Merry Christmas, “”China Virus” lBad Hombre,” etc.  it’s okay to scorn cancel culture, stand for the anthem, locker room talk is still alive, you can drive a gas guzzler, laugh at non-PC jokes, own a gun, support police, mock and ignore woke silliness. You believe China is not our friend and avoid their products and you believe radical Islamic terrorism is bad. You believe we need to protect our borders.  Taxes are too high and every American needs to pull their weight

Thanks, KD. 

Thing is, I agree with you on all of these. I would suspect that many you would consider your opposition politically also don't have a problem with most of this. The caveat for me is that while you are still fully able to do all of these things, those that feel it's disrespectful to call it the "China virus" have every right to call you out for saying it, just like you have the right to call them out on "woke silliness." Same with non-PC jokes and locker room talk. Just know your audience.

Maybe the hardcore woke-ists (woke-ites? wokeys?) don't ever want you to tell an off-color joke or refer to females in a crude manner, but the rest of us just expect some common respect in public, including the internet. You don't want someone to call you one of the bad monikers that have been assigned to Trump supporters, so maybe you shouldn't be calling trans people by one (not that you are, I'm just making a point). If I'm sinking drinks with my buddies and one of them tells an offensive joke about a sensitive subject, we're going to laugh and probably follow it up with more offensive jokes. But if they told it in front of my kid, my mom, or a homosexual, or whomever the butt of the joke was, I'd call them out on it. And I would expect they'd do the same to me. Again, know your audience, and if you don't, shut the hell up.

Speaking for myself, the "thought crime" and "censorship" accusations that get tossed around toward liberals is garbage. Think what you want, say what you want, do what you want, as long as you're not threatening someone else's ability to do what they want. Just be man enough to take your lumps if you do something that you feel is perfectly fine and someone else vociferously disagrees. Apologies are perfectly acceptable, not a sign of weakness or persecution. And a reminder to everyone: the Constitution does not protect you from being offended. Some things are offensive. You don't have to declare war on everything you personally find offensive.

Edited by Herb
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anybody see the video of Schumer talking about the deal the Democrats made with Republicans on the debt ceiling.  Schumer blamed the Republicans for the debt ceiling issue and praised the Democrats for banding together.  You have to see Manchin's reaction in the background, it's priceless.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 9:01 AM, Herb said:

Speaking for myself, the "thought crime" and "censorship" accusations that get tossed around toward liberals is garbage. Think what you want, say what you want, do what you want, as long as you're not threatening someone else's ability to do what they want. Just be man enough to take your lumps if you do something that you feel is perfectly fine and someone else vociferously disagrees. Apologies are perfectly acceptable, not a sign of weakness or persecution. And a reminder to everyone: the Constitution does not protect you from being offended. Some things are offensive. You don't have to declare war on everything you personally find offensive.

 

Unfortunately, the left mob doesn't normally end their offense at an apology.  You need to be canceled.  This is an example of the over-reactions going on in today's society.  Just and FYI, Olivier was nominated for an Academy Award for the film mentioned in the article.  

https://www.michigandaily.com/news/academics/following-blackface-incident-professor-bright-sheng-takes-step-back-from-teaching-smtd-composition-course/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump has fallen off the Forbes 400 list for the first time in 25 years. That has to sting. But it also supports the notion that Trump sacrificed some of his wealth to serve as President. That said, Forbes offers some other possible factors:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/05/donald-trump-falls-off-the-forbes-400-for-first-time-in-25-years/?sh=6e9b4eb2f62b

Edited by bigbottom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Trump has fallen off the Forbes 400 list for the first time in 25 years. That has to sting. But it also supports the notion that Trump sacrificed some of his wealth to serve as President. That said, Forbes offers some other possible factors:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/05/donald-trump-falls-off-the-forbes-400-for-first-time-in-25-years/?sh=6e9b4eb2f62b

Time will tell but I don't think he sacrificed his wealth at all.  I do think that it's mainly because his financial house of mirrors is crumbling and most financial institutions are cutting him out.  It would have happened sooner if he "sacrificed some of his wealth".  I'll be very surprised if he doesn't do time down the road.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Trump has fallen off the Forbes 400 list for the first time in 25 years. That has to sting. But it also supports the notion that Trump sacrificed some of his wealth to serve as President. That said, Forbes offers some other possible factors:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/05/donald-trump-falls-off-the-forbes-400-for-first-time-in-25-years/?sh=6e9b4eb2f62b

maybe they factored in the $73 million in losses that he hid?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

10/13/21

 

If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.

 

 

:oldunsure:

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.  Let's see if it pays off for them.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

10/13/21

 

If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.

 

 

:oldunsure:

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.  Let's see if it pays off for them.

Typical. He cares about nothing else other than him not being perceived as a loser. Continues to amaze.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

10/13/21

 

If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.

 

 

:oldunsure:

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.  Let's see if it pays off for them.

divide the party and tell people not to vote.  democrats were doing a fine job of self destructing before the midterms.  Trump:  hold my beer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty sure Trump would put the following three options for the ‘24 outcome in this order of preference:

1) Trump wins presidency

2) Democrat candidate wins presidency

3) Republican candidate other than Trump wins presidency. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, the rover said:

divide the party and tell people not to vote.  democrats were doing a fine job of self destructing before the midterms.  Trump:  hold my beer.

Bingo. Trump handed the Dems last election and now wants to hand them the next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

It was the strategy he used in the Georgia senate races

Republicans lost both seats and control of the Senate.

Trump is the best thing to ever happen to Democrats.  They're getting schooled in the Senate even with a majority and Biden is just about at weekend at bernie's status.  But Trump's ego will give them the one thing they need.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The General said:

Typical. He cares about nothing else other than him not being perceived as a loser. Continues to amaze.

The fact he can't accept that he lost makes him even a bigger loser.

Edited by lazyike
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, knowledge dropper said:


It means America first in all facets of life.

It’s about sticking true to what we love as Americans.  You get to say “Merry Christmas, “”China Virus” lBad Hombre,” etc.  it’s okay to scorn cancel culture, stand for the anthem, locker room talk is still alive, you can drive a gas guzzler, laugh at non-PC jokes, own a gun, support police, mock and ignore woke silliness. You believe China is not our friend and avoid their products and you believe radical Islamic terrorism is bad. You believe we need to protect our borders.  Taxes are too high and every American needs to pull their weight

America is actually 2nd. Trump is 1st

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, Snotbubbles said:

Did anybody see the video of Schumer talking about the deal the Democrats made with Republicans on the debt ceiling.  Schumer blamed the Republicans for the debt ceiling issue and praised the Democrats for banding together.  You have to see Manchin's reaction in the background, it's priceless.  

Agreed, no reason for Schumer to be spiking the ball.

Edited by lazyike
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Pretty sure Trump would put the following three options for the ‘24 outcome in this order of preference:

1) Trump wins presidency

2) Democrat candidate wins presidency

3) Republican candidate other than Trump wins presidency. 

Disagree.

1) Trump wins presidency.

2) All other outcomes tied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rich Conway said:

Disagree.

1) Trump wins presidency.

2) All other outcomes tied.


There is no way he wants another Republican to win where he failed. I mean he’s already telling Republicans not to vote.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bigbottom said:

There is no way he wants another Republican to win where he failed. I mean he’s already telling Republicans not to vote.

I see where you're going with this, but I don't think he has the mental capacity to distinguish between anything beyond "I won" and "I didn't win / was cheated".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GoBirds said:

I can’t imagine obsessing over him the way you have for years now. 

I can't imagine obsessing over every single person that says anything negative about Trump the way you have for years now.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rubiobot said:

I can't imagine obsessing over every single person that says anything negative about Trump the way you have for years now.

I feel for you. Sorry this is your weekend. Keep fighting the good fight bro. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, zoonation said:

Yawn. 

I know it must sting for you guys. Looking back at the countless meltdowns and poor behavior by those that couldn’t handle Trump. Then the pendulum swings back and the non liberal crowd handles the Biden disaster 1000% better, with activity in this forum waning without the poor behavior. Hence the non stop :fishing:in here. Hopefully it’s something you all can learn from. Enjoy your weekend friend, get out and enjoy your day with a little break from here. :hifive:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, GoBirds said:

I know it must sting for you guys. Looking back at the countless meltdowns and poor behavior by those that couldn’t handle Trump. Then the pendulum swings back and the non liberal crowd handles the Biden disaster 1000% better, with activity in this forum waning without the poor behavior. Hence the non stop :fishing:in here. Hopefully it’s something you all can learn from. Enjoy your weekend friend, get out and enjoy your day with a little break from here. :hifive:

@GoBirds

Hey friend, I'm a lifelong Eagles fan as I presume you are. 50+ years of general misery for me as a fan. The Super Bowl run of 2017/18 was something I had hoped would happen before I die, and fortunately it did.

But, I just gotta say I think it's awfully telling that the former head coach pictured in your avatar is literally the worst head coach of all time in the Eagles 88-year history. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you are also a fan of the worst president ever in the history of these United States.

Not a melt-down. Simply an observation.

On another note, I hope your fantasy team(s) did well this weekend. My team krushed it.

 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

@GoBirds

Hey friend, I'm a lifelong Eagles fan as I presume you are. 50+ years of general misery for me as a fan. The Super Bowl run of 2017/18 was something I had hoped would happen before I die, and fortunately it did.

But, I just gotta say I think it's awfully telling that the former head coach pictured in your avatar is literally the worst head coach of all time in the Eagles 88-year history. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you are also a fan of the worst president ever in the history of these United States.

Not a melt-down. Simply an observation.

On another note, I hope your fantasy team(s) did well this weekend. My team krushed it.

 

Kotite was the worst wasn’t he? Those years were tough, I’m afraid our next couple will be a taste of the same. 😂

Your buddy Biden put to rest any sliver of an argument Trump was the worst ever, sorry bud. Hope you guys can get over it at some point. 
 

My fantasy mistake was investing in our birds running game, WTF!?!? Hand Miles the ball!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Kotite was the worst wasn’t he? Those years were tough, I’m afraid our next couple will be a taste of the same. 😂

Your buddy Biden put to rest any sliver of an argument Trump was the worst ever, sorry bud. Hope you guys can get over it at some point. 
 

My fantasy mistake was investing in our birds running game, WTF!?!? Hand Miles the ball!

You must not really read my posts. I'm not a Biden fan, nor will I ever be. I'm also neither Democrat or Republican. 

I'll point out ineptitude displayed by our elected officials when & where I see it. I will admit in all honesty though, I'm not looking for it as I was the previous administration. Any silence on my part regarding Bidens tenure is simply due to the fact that I'm not paying attention as I was the previous 4 years. Why? I simply don't feel that I need to. Biden may surely be not a good president but I don't feel that he is going to, or has ever, use(d) his his position(s) in government for his personal and sole benefit. If I am wrong, it doesn't really matter. For me, looking at it in context and comparison with the previous administration, there is no comparison. 

So please, do not refer to me as a "buddy of Biden." The only reason I voted for him was to make sure our country was not lead by DJT four more years. Biden is most definitely too old to hold the office of President. As a nation we were left with those two choices and it was easy for me to pull the Biden lever. If you want to discuss/compare mental capabilities (which I do not,) DJT is severely lacking in that regard also. He also was/is too old to sit in office as the President of the United States and does not have the mental capabilities required for such a position.

Good luck the rest of the fantasy season! I truly hope you ditched your Eagles players early and are on the way to winning what I would assume to be another title in your main league. Peace.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

You must not really read my posts. I'm not a Biden fan, nor will I ever be. I'm also neither Democrat or Republican. 

I'll point out ineptitude displayed by our elected officials when & where I see it. I will admit in all honesty though, I'm not looking for it as I was the previous administration. Any silence on my part regarding Bidens tenure is simply due to the fact that I'm not paying attention as I was the previous 4 years. Why? I simply don't feel that I need to. Biden may surely be not a good president but I don't feel that he is going to, or has ever, use(d) his his position(s) in government for his personal and sole benefit. If I am wrong, it doesn't really matter. For me, looking at it in context and comparison with the previous administration, there is no comparison. 

So please, do not refer to me as a "buddy of Biden." The only reason I voted for him was to make sure our country was not lead by DJT four more years. Biden is most definitely too old to hold the office of President. As a nation we were left with those two choices and it was easy for me to pull the Biden lever. If you want to discuss/compare mental capabilities (which I do not,) DJT is severely lacking in that regard also. He also was/is too old to sit in office as the President of the United States and does not have the mental capabilities required for such a position.

Good luck the rest of the fantasy season! I truly hope you ditched your Eagles players early and are on the way to winning what I would assume to be another title in your main league. Peace.

I’m aware of your extreme positions against Trump, it’s well documented in here as well as many others. Turning a blind eye to the other side because “it’s not Trump” seems dangerous but it’s clear much of our country is guilty of the same. I’ve been disgusted by Biden’s performance but I don’t think me melting down in here daily and buying into conspiracies(not accusing you, but many did) will accomplish anything. 
 

Its all good, good luck to you as well in fantasy and hope you have a healthy and prosperous year! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...