Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

Based on President Trump’s response to the Covid crisis, my strong assumption is that he would have responded to the current supply chain problem by publicly attacking the states and local authorities and refusing to lift a finger in terms of federal action. 
And how does the Keystone Pipeline increase energy independence for the United States? 

Gas prices are rising for everyone, not just the US. So I suppose you think President Trump would have kept gas prices in check for the US while all other nations didn't?

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/global-markets-gas-2021-09-20/

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, lazyike said:

Gas prices are rising for everyone, not just the US. So I suppose you think President Trump would have kept gas prices in check for the US while all other nations didn't?

DJT would have flown in on a giant eagle and fought world gas demand and prices with his twitter machine and giant red tie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 6

3 hours ago, The General said:

Sounds like Tony has some terrible HR benefits :lol:

The state mandates those terrible benefits and I end up paying for them.  

If individual companies want to pay for it I have zero problems with it.

I suppose you're just willing to shell out some more money to pay for everyone's long term care too?

ETA:  Apparently I'm paying for all those federal employees too.  Bunch of losers.  

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The General said:

DJT would have flown in on a giant eagle and fought world gas demand and prices with his twitter machine and giant red tie.

Of course right after he got his new health care plan to replace the ACA. Ah yes promise made promises not kept.

22 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The state mandates those terrible benefits and I end up paying for them.  

If individual companies want to pay for it I have zero problems with it.

I suppose you're just willing to shell out some more money to pay for everyone's long term care too?

ETA:  Apparently I'm paying for all those federal employees too.  Bunch of losers.  

These benefits are one aspect of why people choose to work at certain places I assume.

Long term care and LTC insurance is a separate issue - one which I think you are dealing with now as a WA resident. Deadline to have this set up is soon. 

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

It’s basic and generic. It makes no sense unless you’re a lot more specific. What specifically have been the differences between Trump and Biden on these two issues (not in philosophy but in action) over the last year that has caused our current situation? 

specifically you ask?

no drilling on federal lands

no fracking on federal lands

no new oil & gas lease on federal lands

keystone pipeline:  stopped for a new environmental study,  which is probably the 10th one done.  someone reported a gopher or an ant or something so they have to do another study. 

There are more but I'm tired and they would just be swatted away as pesky notions & not facts from any Biden supporter.

most everyone in the oil & gas business knew oil price would increase when Biden was elected.  Texas crude was around $40 a barrel when Biden took office.  It's now $80.  Biden & his cronies do not like fossil fuels.  everyone knows that.  his immediate executive orders all reflected that.

I laughed when Biden called Saudi Arabia to ask them to open up the faucets.  we were energy independent.  not anymore. 

• Like 1

Just now, shadrap said:

specifically you ask?

keystone pipeline:  stopped for a new environmental study,  which is probably the 10th one done.  someone reported a gopher or an ant or something so they have to do another study. 

There are more but I'm tired and they would just be swatted away as pesky notions & not facts from any Biden supporter.

most everyone in the oil & gas business knew oil price would increase when Biden was elected.  Texas crude was around $40 a barrel when Biden took office.  It's now $80.  Biden & his cronies do not like fossil fuels.  everyone knows that.  his immediate executive orders all reflected that.

I laughed when Biden called Saudi Arabia to ask them to open up the faucets.  we were energy independent.  not anymore. 

you can check out the stock thread where I thought oil would go up a bunch under Biden.  no I'm am not a good stock whiz but this one was easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lazyike said:

we were energy dependent.  not anymore.

31 minutes ago, The General said:

These benefits are one aspect of why people choose to work at certain places I assume.

Long term care and LTC insurance is a separate issue - one which I think you are dealing with now as a WA resident. Deadline to have this set up is soon. 

Pete gets maternity leave because he is a federal employee.  We pay for that.

Your employer is already required to withhold maternity leave tax for the state of WA.  Next year they will be required to withhold LTC tax if you don't opt out.

Hint: The website doesn't ask you for proof of LTC insurance when you opt out.   :thumbup:  You are welcome.

Just now, tonydead said:

Pete gets maternity leave because he is a federal employee.  We pay for that.

Your employer is already required to withhold maternity leave tax for the state of WA.  Next year they will be required to withhold LTC tax if you don't opt out.

Hint: The website doesn't ask you for proof of LTC insurance when you opt out.   :thumbup:  You are welcome.

Already got the LTC insurance set up. We’ll see if they ever check if people actually have it. 

25 minutes ago, The General said:

Already got the LTC insurance set up. We’ll see if they ever check if people actually have it. 

They already missed their opportunity. Once you are expelled you are expelled for life.  They wrote the law that way.  Good news is you can cancel your policy if you want.  

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

specifically you ask?

we need to be weened off the oil....bosom

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

specifically you ask?

I’m not willing to take your word for it that no new drilling or fracking or gas leases In this country over a few months would lead to higher gas prices. That argument flies in the face of most economists who say that the price of gas is an international commodity that is not affected by how much is produced in the United States. 

But- assuming for the moment that your arguments had merit- that the only way we can keep gas prices down is to continue to have more drilling, more leases, etc.- that’s highly problematic for our future. 

33 minutes ago, lod001 said:

DeSantis, the greatest Governor in the country and next POTUS, had it right all along. That is why we are thriving and cesspools like NY and CA are floundering.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-now-has-americas-lowest-covid-rate-does-ron-de-santis-deserve-credit-090013615.html

The land of the free thrives.

Click bait...Did you actually read that article?  Its not a rosy pic for DeSantis

"In all of 2020 — before vaccines essentially eliminated the risk of death for most recipients — 23,384 Floridians died of COVID-19. Now nearly as many — 21,000 and counting — have died in the past four months alone. And another 135 Floridians are still dying, on average, every single day."

• Sad 2

59 minutes ago, lod001 said:

DeSantis, the greatest Governor in the country and next POTUS, had it right all along. That is why we are thriving and cesspools like NY and CA are floundering.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-now-has-americas-lowest-covid-rate-does-ron-de-santis-deserve-credit-090013615.html

I would be all in on DeSantis in 2024.  Great man, great leader.  It would awesome to see Trump pass the MAGA torch to him at a rally. Maybe he hands him the MAGA hat on stage?  He would be unbeatable.  

• Laughing 2

12 hours ago, timschochet said:

@shadrap here is one article among hundreds that demonstrates: more US drilling doesn’t lower gas prices: 

https://www.nrdc.org/experts/luke-tonachel/fact-us-drilling-doesnt-lower-gas-prices

It’s a false narrative, always has been. 

this from nrdc-National Resources Defense council, against any & all drilling.  your source is severely lacking but I can go back to grade school on this one.   supply & demand.  more supply=less demand=lower price.  distortion is the means to an end for too many organizations these days & is easy to do.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shadrap said:

this from nrdc-National Resources Defense council, against any & all drilling.  your source is severely lacking but I can go back to grade school on this one.   supply & demand.  more supply=less demand=lower price.  distortion is the means to an end for too many organizations these days & is easy to do.

Supply and demand works if if you can supply enough to affect the demand. We can’t, because in this case the demand is world wide. 
Also, you can criticize the source all you want, but as I mentioned there are virtually hundreds of articles on the internet which all say the exact same thing. Ask any respectable economist, doesn’t matter if they’re liberal or conservative. We can’t bring the price down by drilling. 

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

I don’t think you read the article.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

Cesspools. Lol.  Unreal.  Nice how you conveniently left out that Cali has had the lowest COVID rates for a long time now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Cesspools. Lol.  Unreal.  Nice how you conveniently left out that Cali has had the lowest COVID rates for a long time now.  

California still blows.  Also, Cuomo single-handedly destroyed the NE with COVID and then acted like he was some hero.  NY sucks too.

Edited by Snotbubbles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

California still blows.  Also, Cuomo single-handedly destroyed the NE with COVID and then acted like he was some hero.  NY sucks too.

As far as I'm concerned the majority of states suck.

Edited by Mile High
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 7:27 AM, timschochet said:

Supply and demand works if if you can supply enough to affect the demand. We can’t, because in this case the demand is world wide. 
Also, you can criticize the source all you want, but as I mentioned there are virtually hundreds of articles on the internet which all say the exact same thing. Ask any respectable economist, doesn’t matter if they’re liberal or conservative. We can’t bring the price down by drilling. 

your utterings are a vain attempt to blame anyone but Biden.  no surprise here. fact:  Biden did all he could from day 1 of his term to squash oil & gas development in the US.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shadrap said:

your utterings are a vain attempt to blame anyone but Biden.  no surprise here. fact:  Biden did all he could from day 1 of his term to squash oil & gas development in the US.  

I don’t blame anyone for high gas prices. Not Trump, not Biden. I don’t believe the President has the power to affect gas prices. I don’t believe that “squashing oil and gas development” in the United States has any significant effect on worldwide oil prices. Not sure how many ways I can repeat the obvious. 

30 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t blame anyone for high gas prices. Not Trump, not Biden. I don’t believe the President has the power to affect gas prices. I don’t believe that “squashing oil and gas development” in the United States has any significant effect on worldwide oil prices. Not sure how many ways I can repeat the obvious. 

Biden already went on record saying he could lower the gas prices if he dipped into the strategic reserve but that the effect would only contribute to around an 18 cent decline in prices so it's not worth doing.  Therefore, your presumption that the President doesn't have the power to affect gas prices is incorrect. 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/biden-admits-i-dont-have-a-near-term-answer-for-high-gas-prices/

What can Biden (and other politicians) do to lower prices?  The easiest solution is to put a limit on gas taxes.  17% of gas prices are from taxes.  Put a tax limit on gas prices, say 40 cents.  That would lower gas prices anywhere from 10 cents to upwards of 40 cents depending on your State.  NOTE: There are currently 9 States that pay less than 40 cents in taxes.  Imagine if he put a gas tax moratorium in place.  As noted above tap into the strategic reserve to save another 18 cents.

Here in PA we pay $3.47 for 87.  We have a 77 cent tax per gallon.  So under this plan we'd save 37 cents per gallon in taxes.  18 cents from the strategic reserve.  Now my gallon of gas is $2.92.  With a moratorium my gas would be $2.52.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Biden already went on record saying he could lower the gas prices if he dipped into the strategic reserve but that the effect would only contribute to around an 18 cent decline in prices so it's not worth doing.  Therefore, your presumption that the President doesn't have the power to affect gas prices is incorrect. 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/biden-admits-i-dont-have-a-near-term-answer-for-high-gas-prices/

What can Biden (and other politicians) do to lower prices?  The easiest solution is to put a limit on gas taxes.  17% of gas prices are from taxes.  Put a tax limit on gas prices, say 40 cents.  That would lower gas prices anywhere from 10 cents to upwards of 40 cents depending on your State.  NOTE: There are currently 9 States that pay less than 40 cents in taxes.  Imagine if he put a gas tax moratorium in place.  As noted above tap into the strategic reserve to save another 18 cents.

Here in PA we pay $3.47 for 87.  We have a 77 cent tax per gallon.  So under this plan we'd save 37 cents per gallon in taxes.  18 cents from the strategic reserve.  Now my gallon of gas is $2.92.  With a moratorium my gas would be $2.52.  

Don't care.  I'd raise gas taxes if I could.  Boo hoo hoo to everyone complaining about gas prices.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

Don't care.  I'd raise gas taxes if I could.  Boo hoo hoo to everyone complaining about gas prices.

This is a pretty short-sighted response.  It's not just gasoline that's an issue.  Wonder how you'll feel this winter when people can't afford their heat or have to make decisions on whether to buy food (which costs about $75 more per week than what it did before) or pay for utilities.  

4 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

this wouldn't be a bad plan, except it would get crushed in court immediately.   the federal government can't tell states not to collect state taxes, and states can't just stop collecting taxes that are on the books and part of existing budgets.  they actually just tried that here with an attempt to limit vehicle registration to $30 and it was declared invalid almost as soon as it was passed.

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

this wouldn't be a bad plan, except it would get crushed in court immediately.   the federal government can't tell states not to collect state taxes, and states can't just stop collecting taxes that are on the books and part of existing budgets.  they actually just tried that here with an attempt to limit vehicle registration to $30 and it was declared invalid almost as soon as it was passed.

There is an 18 cent Federal tax on every gallon of gas.  So at a bare minimum, Biden with a stroke of the pen could reduce gas prices by at least 36 cents (eliminating the Federal tax and tapping into the reserves).

41 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

There is an 18 cent Federal tax on every gallon of gas.  So at a bare minimum, Biden with a stroke of the pen could reduce gas prices by at least 36 cents (eliminating the Federal tax and tapping into the reserves).

Biden has no authority to stop collecting federal taxes.

6 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

Not in favor in lowering gas taxes either, we need that money to maintain our roads. While I would oppose it  right now, in the future I would support raising gas taxes.

15 hours ago, -fish- said:

Biden has no authority to stop collecting federal taxes.

All Biden has to do is direct the Department of Treasury to stop collecting the Federal Gas Tax, just like Donald Trump did with payroll taxes.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

And this is from the (alleged) party of compassion? Do you not know the ramifications of this? You realize it isn't just hot rodders/import racers and F350 truck dudes at the pump, right? It's a lot bigger than that. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

5 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

And this is from the (alleged) party of compassion? Do you not know the ramifications of this? You realize it isn't just hot rodders/import racers and F350 truck dudes at the pump, right? It's a lot bigger than that. 

1.  When did I say I was a member of the (alleged) party of compassion?   Being a never-Trumper doesn't automatically confer Dem membership.

2.  Yes, of course it's a lot bigger than that.   Yes, I'll pay more for gas as well.  And I'm fine with that outcome.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, Snotbubbles said:

This is a pretty short-sighted response.  It's not just gasoline that's an issue.  Wonder how you'll feel this winter when people can't afford their heat or have to make decisions on whether to buy food (which costs about $75 more per week than what it did before) or pay for utilities.  

Raising taxes on gas isn't going to cause utility prices to spike.  Hth.

6 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

1.  When did I say I was a member of the (alleged) party of compassion?   Being a never-Trumper doesn't automatically confer Dem membership.

2.  Yes, of course it's a lot bigger than that.   Yes, I'll pay more for gas as well.  And I'm fine with that outcome.

1-Fair enough. I’m a registered Democrat so I should know better. 

2- I’ll pay a lot more for gas and be fine. I make a very good living and it sounds like you do to. Raising gas prices might not hurt you and I but it will cripple the majority of people and countless industries. 

7 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

All Biden has to do is direct the Department of Treasury to stop collecting the Federal Gas Tax, just like Donald Trump did with payroll taxes.  

Payroll taxes were still owed, they were simply deferred and collected in 2021.  I don't think that's practical with gas taxes.

9 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

A very small portion (employer withheld social security taxes), were deferred for a maximum of four months.   The taxes were still due.