Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

For reference, this was Joe's reply to a two part question.  One part dealing with student debt relief and we still don't know where he stands.

THE PRESIDENT:  Yes, ma’am.

Q    I have two really simple questions.  I promise.  You campaigned on canceling $10,000 in student loans.  Do you still plan to do so, and when?

And then, my second question is: Now that you’ve clarified the Bull Connor comments, do you plan to reach out to Republicans like Mitt Romney to talk about reforming the Electoral Count Act?

THE PRESIDENT:  Yes, I’m happy to speak out.  I’ve — I’ve met with — I’ve talked to Mitt on other occasions. 

And, by the way, I reached out to the Minority Leader as well at the time that he made his speech.

And so, I have no reluctance to reach out to any Republican and anyone who — and I’ve made it clear.

Look, I’ve now had the opportunity to travel because of funerals and eulogies I’ve made and attended — and congressmen and senators who have come along with me.  I don’t — don’t hold me to the number, but somewhere between 20 and 25 senators and congresspersons have traveled with me.

And I find you should get the list of them and ask what — how we, you know, sat for the two, three, four, five hours that we’ve flown together — sit back in the — in that conference table and talk to them, ask them questions; they ask me questions.  I learned a heck of a lot.

But as President, you don’t quite have that ability to do that as often as I’d like to be able to do it.

And one of the things that I do think that has been made clear to me — speaking of polling — is the public doesn’t want me to be the “President Senator.”  They want me to be the President and let senators be senators.

And so, if I’ve made — and I’ve made many mistakes, I’m sure.  If I made a mistake, I’m used to negotiating to get things done, and I’ve been, in the past, relatively successful at it in the United States Senate, even as Vice President.  But I think that role as President is — is a different role.

Folks, it is now almost 6:00.  With all due respect, I’m going to see you at the next conference.  Okay?  Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Until Trump started to answer honestly and people appreciated it. Like him or not, at least you knew where Trump stood.  With Biden we don't know where he stands until Psaki tells us. 

Wait...what?  Honestly?  You mean he said what was on his mind...doesn't mean it was honest.  And there was plenty during Trump's time that had to be walked back as "he was just joking" or things like that.  Which is what Rich was also getting at...this part where the press secretary comes in and clears up what was said...is not new to Psaki...it wasn't new for any of Trump's press secretary's either.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I was impressed with how long Biden took questions for last week.  However that was a direct result of the press not getting enough access to him prior to that event.  

Biden just can't win with you folks. It was predicted by some that he wouldn't last more than about 20 minutes in his presser, but he goes for a marathon and record breaking almost two hours and then the spin is: "He only did that because the press weren't getting enough access to him before."  :lol:

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Wait...what?  Honestly?  You mean he said what was on his mind...doesn't mean it was honest.  And there was plenty during Trump's time that had to be walked back as "he was just joking" or things like that.  Which is what Rich was also getting at...this part where the press secretary comes in and clears up what was said...is not new to Psaki...it wasn't new for any of Trump's press secretary's either.

Yeah Trump made Jokes.  Biden is calling people racists.  I see a big difference.  again, read the word salad above that Biden spits out and tell me that makes any sense.  I appreciated the fact that I knew where Trump stood on issues.  Biden is blob of brain cells that can't take the shape of a rational thought. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Biden just can't win with you folks. It was predicted by some that he wouldn't last more than about 20 minutes in his presser, but he goes for a marathon and record breaking almost two hours and then the spin is: "He only did that because the press weren't getting enough access to him before."  :lol:

I'm not wrong.  As well as you think he did, he was a #### show. 

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yeah Trump made Jokes.  Biden is calling people racists.  I see a big difference.  again, read the word salad above that Biden spits out and tell me that makes any sense.  I appreciated the fact that I knew where Trump stood on issues.  Biden is blob of brain cells that can't take the shape of a rational thought. 

Except no…Trump said things, and his staff wrote it off claiming he was just joking.

Yes…that certainly was a world salad…ever read some of Trump’s answers?  Do you think he was a clear speaker who never rambled incoherently?

Trump stood for some issues but if the right tv show called him out his switched.  Neither he nor Biden are/were clear in their positions and we should quit acting like Trump was.

Biden is a disappointment in that and I hope he doesn’t run again and won’t be voting for him…but acting as if Trump was somehow clear and honest is revisionist history.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Except no…Trump said things, and his staff wrote it off claiming he was just joking.

Yes…that certainly was a world salad…ever read some of Trump’s answers?  Do you think he was a clear speaker who never rambled incoherently?

Trump stood for some issues but if the right tv show called him out his switched.  Neither he nor Biden are/were clear in their positions and we should quit acting like Trump was.

Biden is a disappointment in that and I hope he doesn’t run again and won’t be voting for him…but acting as if Trump was somehow clear and honest is revisionist history.

Maybe my memory is fading, what are some specific examples where Trump rambled incoherently and his staff had to come behind him and clarify his message? 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Maybe my memory is fading, what are some specific examples where Trump rambled incoherently and his staff had to come behind him and clarify his message? 

I don’t know if you are serious but I found this  in less than 10 seconds.  

”Trump says 'I don't kid' after aides argue he was joking about slowing coronavirus testing

His deputies had said the president had been joking at a recent rally.” 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/trump-kid-aides-argue-joking-slowing-coronavirus-testing/story%3Fid%3D71404943

Edited by Sabertooth
Added link

Just now, Max Power said:

Drinking bleach as a COVID cure? Seems to me they tried their best to clean up the blowback from that.

3 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I don’t know if you are serious but I found this  in less than 10 seconds.  

”Trump says 'I don't kid' after aides argue he was joking about slowing coronavirus testing

His deputies had said the president had been joking at a recent rally.” 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/trump-kid-aides-argue-joking-slowing-coronavirus-testing/story%3Fid%3D71404943

So Trump said it, his aides said he was joking and he came back to say he wasn't joking? 

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

So Trump said it, his aides said he was joking and he came back to say he wasn't joking? 

I guess. Who knows.  He also said we should take guns away before due process.  He’s like Maury on Goodfellas… he talks so much nobody even listens.

18 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Im not searching through all of Trumps stuff. A simple Trump world salad shows plenty of examples of his ramblings.  

6 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I guess. Who knows.  He also said we should take guns away before due process.  He’s like Maury on Goodfellas… he talks so much nobody even listens.

I thought dems supported red flag laws? So Trump didn't mean this? Sounds like he was tossing the idea around as a way to avoid school shootings.  And I'm still not sure what that has to do about him not being clear with his messaging. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Im not searching through all of Trumps stuff. A simple Trump world salad shows plenty of examples of his ramblings.  

You guys argued your case horribly.  Thanks though. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Pretty much this.  Everyday was an embarrassment and we all just got callous to the idiocy. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The fact that you think Trump said that says a lot. 

I heard him say this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

[...]

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

[...]

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, squistion said:

I heard him say this:

[...]

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

[...]

Once again you’re propagating false information 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Once again you’re propagating false information 

Are you saying that is a false quote from the BBC News? If so, can you provide what his actual words were in that presser, if not as reported by the BBC?

Edited by squistion

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

I heard him say this:

[...]

[...]

he didn't suggest injecting bleach but complete waste of time pointing that out to those that are firmly planted in make believe because of sides.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

@GoBirds

@Max Power

@HellToupee

Did this actually happen as described above?  I know you guys are straight shooters and not blinded by your bias.  TIA

To be honest when I see certain posters in here and know their constant Liberal bias I just scroll past and didn’t read his post…..I think you and I can make a pretty safe bet on the answer though don’t you GB? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, shadrap said:

he didn't suggest injecting bleach but complete waste of time pointing that out to those that are firmly planted in make believe because of sides.

So, you are saying the BBC link I provide with the quote from him is inaccurate or falsified?

13 hours ago, squistion said:

I heard him say this:

[...]

[...]

🤣 

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

I thought dems supported red flag laws? So Trump didn't mean this? Sounds like he was tossing the idea around as a way to avoid school shootings.  And I'm still not sure what that has to do about him not being clear with his messaging. 

You are confusing what I’m saying.  I didn’t mention the Dems at all.  You did.  This was said when he was in front of all those cameras with the Parkland mass murder survivors.  Remember when he had notes that said things like “I hear you.” So weird.  

But yeah he iterruprts somebody else, to interject that we should take the guns first, then due process.  Because if you wait it’s too late. It was one of those times when he said the quiet part out loud, similar to when he said we need to slow down testing.  

23 hours ago, Max Power said:

Disinfectant ring a bell?  If that wasn't incoherent rambling, then nothing is.

50 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Biden will be impeached and thrown out of office fairly 

9 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I believe there will be an attempt when the Republicans take the House this fall but could you elaborate on the charges for impeachment? Keep in  mind that 7 Senate Republicans voted for the Trump impeachment conviction in February and if not for the fact he was already out of office there would have been more Republicans. So what charges do you think there would be for impeachment that would get any Democrat votes and for that matter all the Republican Senate votes? I mean I can hear Romney,  Collins, Murkowski etc saying Biden has done a poor job but nothing that warrants impeachment. 

Edited by lazyike

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

I don't think "vindicated" is the right word here.

The letter is not exculpatory towards Trump's efforts to seek politically damaging information about Biden via State Department pressure on another country.  

58 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That isn't even on par with Biden's ramblings. 

Really...him turning towards birx talking about UV light and bleach is not on par?  How can you honestly even say that.

How about this...

June 3, 2020 on Fox with Brian Kilmeade...this is the actual transcript.

KILMEADE: So you have a pandemic and a national unrest. Two unprecedented things that I would argue in my lifetime and probably yours. But the big picture I thought we would be talking about the day after George Floyd’s tragic death, which I think you agree it seems that law enforcement — you don’t want to convict someone before they have trial. But 96 percent of the country thinks that was out of bounds — the knee on the neck killed him.

I’m one of them. Again wait (ph) to see where the trial comes out. But this is the one stat I’m going to bring you to, and I’m going to ask you if could attack this.

According to a Axios-Ipsos poll, 70 percent of white Americans say they trust the local police. Only 36 percent of African-Americans do. How do you attack that problem? How do you change things?

TRUMP: Well I think it’s a very sad problem. As you know as a Republican I’m doing very well with African-Americans and with the vote with the — in polls and everything — especially I mean I haven’t seen one very recently because you had the plague come in from China.

So that changed things up, but we had the best economy ever. We had the best numbers for African-American on employment and unemployment in history. Best homeownership — best everything. We had the best numbers in everything — not only African-American, but the African-American numbers were great.

https://radio.foxnews.com/2020/06/03/president-trump-on-the-brian-kilmeade-show/

And there are so many out there like this...answers like this.  No need to pretend he didn't just ramble incoherently often...with is "best words".

https://www.businessinsider.com/read-trump-response-why-george-floyd-protesters-demonstrating-fox-news-2020-6

"So I'm curious, from you, what do you think the protesters — not the rioters and the looters, we're intelligent enough to know the difference in our culture, right? — what do you think they [protesters] want?" Faulkner asked the president. "What do you think they need, right now, from you?"

"Protesters for different reasons. You're protesting also because, you know, they just didn't know. I've watch — I watched very closely. Why are you here? They really weren't able to say, but they were there for a reason, perhaps.

"But a lot of them really were there because they're following the crowd. A lot of them were there because what we witnessed was a terrible thing. What we saw was a terrible thing. And we've seen it over the years. We haven't, you know, this was one horrible example, but you've seen other terrible examples. You know that better than anybody who would know it. And I know it. I've seen it, too. I've seen it before I was president. I've seen it. I think it's a shame. I think it's a disgrace. And it's got to stop.

"At the same time, you also know that we have incredible people in law enforcement that we have to cherish them and take care of them. And we can't let something like this, we have a bad apple go out and, you know, destroy the image of a whole of millions of people that take really good care of us. And then you have a movement where they say, let's not have a police department. And you say, where are these people coming from?"

@Max Power  Another one...also interesting as in the Canadian Trucker thread you talk about the leader should
address their concerns" in relation to protestors.

And there are quite a few videos like this one that are always good for a laugh too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9BXkQ-SRc

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

I don't think you have thought through all the direct consequences of Biden being impeached, like Kamala Harris then becoming POTUS.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

I don't think you have thought through all the direct consequences of Biden being impeached, like Kamala Harris then becoming POTUS.  :lol:

Yup, very dicey. It’s  like impeaching Trump and ending up with Beelzebub aka Pence.