What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (13 Viewers)

Thousands of Americans lined up cheering our great President during the middle of a pandemic on a weekday morning.

Democrat: But the polls show the guy turtled up in his basement who bombs every softball interview he does winning.

Thousands of Americans lined up cheering our great President during the middle of a pandemic on a weekday morning.

Democrat: But the polls show the guy turtled up in his basement who bombs every softball interview he does winning.
Yes, and from the photo posted here we saw how seriously they are taking COVID-19 pandemic, with their lack of social distancing and few wearing face masks. 

Yes, and from the photo posted here we saw how seriously they are taking COVID-19 pandemic, with their lack of social distancing and few wearing face masks. 
Let them think it’s a good thing. As I said above, Trump won PA by a single percentage point in 2016, every vote in PA is going to count. That video showed thousands of Trump supporters who weren’t practicing social distancing or wearing a masks in a state that saw 135 deaths yesterday alone.

Let them think it’s a good thing. As I said above, Trump won PA by a single percentage point in 2016, every vote in PA is going to count. That video showed thousands of Trump supporters who weren’t practicing social distancing or wearing a masks in a state that saw 135 deaths yesterday alone.
70% of our deaths are from nursing homes and assisted care facilities.  85%+ of the deaths had at least 1 comorbidity.  Our Governor did a piss poor job of protecting high risk individuals. 

Curious, on your testing program.  Would you need to get a test daily? Weekly? Monthly? Once? 

On contact tracing, if you ride public transportation how would you trace that? If you went to a grocery store? Walmart?  

I'm tired of people comparing the US to other countries.  We have 330M people here, we're the 3rd largest country by population in the World.  The scale of what would be needed can't be compared to a country like Germany (83M) or South Korea (50M).  Then there are other factors such as population density and modes of transportation and cultural habits.  Can we stop with the "other countries do this..." line.
You raise good questions and I don’t have the answers. That is because I’m not a medical expert. I defer to them. 

I really don’t understand why this has become a political issue. When I’m in a plane I defer to the pilot. When my car breaks down I listen to a mechanic. And when we have a pandemic, I trust in the doctors. 

Biden couldn’t get round up 12 people to watch his motorcade roll in. He’s the worst candidate since Mondale. If he wasn’t such a terrible person I would feel bad for him.

I love when we have these real world instances collide with the fake polls and fake news. Acosta, Fredo and Little Brian at CNN are probably going talk this down all day today on CNN. 
You can’t just believe that the CNN polls are fake, you have to believe that ALL the polls are fake. Every poll in Pennsylvania has Biden in the lead: 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/pennsylvania/

I fear you’re being misled by a small but vocal minority of Trump supporters. He’s not popular there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You raise good questions and I don’t have the answers. That is because I’m not a medical expert. I defer to them. 

I really don’t understand why this has become a political issue. When I’m in a plane I defer to the pilot. When my car breaks down I listen to a mechanic. And when we have a pandemic, I trust in the doctors. 
Remember Trump said he could have been a doctor and he has a natural ability. 

Have you ever gone (or heard of someone) go to the doctor and been mis-diagnosed?  Doctors aren't infallible.  If the doctors had their way we wouldn't ever leave our houses for fear of contracting any disease.  

I'm tired of people comparing the US to other countries.  We have 330M people here, we're the 3rd largest country by population in the World.  The scale of what would be needed can't be compared to a country like Germany (83M) or South Korea (50M).  Then there are other factors such as population density and modes of transportation and cultural habits.  Can we stop with the "other countries do this..." line.
Man, this is American pride? Great America? Conservative belief in American exceptionalism is nowhere in this. We sound pathetic, weak here. 

Here’s a comp for you don’t want to hear: the country that was ramping out 10 fighter planes an hour in WW2, the country that eradicated polio and smallpox, the country that went to the moon is 61st in the world in per capita testing. Right now we’re staring down the barrel at 150K deaths.

Man, this is American pride? Great America? Conservative belief in American exceptionalism is nowhere in this. We sound pathetic, weak here. 

Here’s a comp for you don’t want to hear: the country that was ramping out 10 fighter planes an hour in WW2, the country that eradicated polio and smallpox, the country that went to the moon is 61st in the world in per capita testing. Right now we’re staring down the barrel at 150K deaths.
That's the result of many years of shipping manufacturing jobs to other countries.  What do you think Trump has been doing the past 3.5 years?  He's been working on getting those jobs back to America instead of being shipped out to other countries.  The fact that China produces active ingredients in our drugs and PPEs should be a wake up call to the American people that we need to bring these jobs back to America.  Biden is part of the ship the jobs out regimes that have plagued our once great country.  

Have you ever gone (or heard of someone) go to the doctor and been mis-diagnosed?  Doctors aren't infallible.  If the doctors had their way we wouldn't ever leave our houses for fear of contracting any disease.  
That’s not true. You’re repeating President Trump’s argument but it’s just not so. The doctors all say we can reopen, we just have to do it carefully, with sufficient testing and contact tracing, which is all doable. Nobody is advocating we stay at home forever. We flatten the curve, get testing and tracing in place, and we open up in stages. If we had started earlier we’d be well along our way by now. 

It’s true doctors aren’t infallible. They can misdiagnose. But if every doctor in sight is saying the same thing I think it’s wise to take it seriously. 

If we are going by this rationale then why would you be trusting this administrations judgement here? He’s been wrong at every turn.

That's the result of many years of shipping manufacturing jobs to other countries.  What do you think Trump has been doing the past 3.5 years?  He's been working on getting those jobs back to America instead of being shipped out to other countries.  The fact that China produces active ingredients in our drugs and PPEs should be a wake up call to the American people that we need to bring these jobs back to America.  Biden is part of the ship the jobs out regimes that have plagued our once great country.  
Biden had nothing to do with shipping those jobs overseas and Trump will never be able to bring them back. Capitalism works. As the cost of living in this country rose we could no longer compete with workers overseas making the same product for one tenth the cost. We never will be able to compete with that. Free trade deals like NAFTA and the TPP don’t create that inequity, they’re a reaction to it. 

You can’t reject globalism because it’s an inevitably; it won’t go away. The way to solve inequity of wages is not to shut ourselves off as Trump and Navarro simplistically propose, its to open ourselves up further. We need to raise the standard of living in other countries so they can afford to buy more of our product. That means more free trade not less, and more open borders, not less. 

And the failure to ramp up testing since January is no one’s fault but that of the President during that time, but I’m glad we’ve moved off the excuse making the leader constantly demands of his followers.

And the failure to ramp up testing since January is no one’s fault but that of the President during that time, but I’m glad we’ve moved off the excuse making the leader constantly demands of his followers.
There needed to be a suitable test to ramp up.  It wasn't available in January. 

Bubbles I get what set me off is the - yet again - because it happens all the time - the pushing forward of the Beta - America can't do it! - from people who constantly celebrate the Alpha, while the leader they celebrate is constantly engaging in Beta behavior they would never ever tolerate. The excuses. The avoidance of accountability. The lying. The blaming. On and on and on. One of the most mystifying things about this whole phenomena. 

I'll cut out out of respect. Best regards to everyone. Glad to reply to replies, but I will drop it. Going to get some shrimp for a gumbo.

I thought we were talking about wind?

Also, boutique energies won't cut it.  We'll still need coal for the foreseeable future.  Plus, there'll be no room to move with all the windmills in the way.  No thanks.
Wind is a renewable. It was the first thing they mentioned. 

Are you talking about Fauci, the main stream media or Trump? 
In this instance Trump. He’s been wrong a lot.

The point was being made that doctors are wrong so why trust their opinions on everything. People are going to be wrong. Trump, doctors, media. Everyone.

Take Trump’s record here and definitely going with pretty much anyone else.

Of course it is.  What do you think harnesses that wind?

And how do you harness wind for enough energy for 330 million people?
We are veering away from the original point here.

Someone posted some rambling line from Trump on AOC talking about renewables. 

It seemed relevant that as he made these comments (why this is being brought up about him who knows) we just as a nation produced more energy from renewable sources than we did coal for 40 consecutive days.

This should be a thing everyone should celebrating as progress. Have no idea why this would be a political issue.

See therein lies the problem. You listen to the doctors that share the narrative of your political side. When I posted about an earlier timeline and a high number of as yet accounted asymptomatics back in March, I wasn't sharing accounts from sanitation workers and cocktail waitresses. I posted links from left leaning websites citing actual SCIENTISTS, DOCTORS, AND VIROLOGISTS who had those beliefs. Very accomplished and esteemed experts at that. But people like yourself and others dismissed it as quackery because your media consumption spoon fed you opposing viewpoints by their chosen scientists, doctors, and virologists. Essentially people listen to the experts who support their viewpoint. Governors are doing just the same.

And where relying strictly on cherry-picked health professionals leads us astray is illustrated by Dr Fauci. He has been dead wrong numerous times and I believe he refuses to make those mistakes again so now he errs on the side of extreme caution. Which is great if health is the only factor we have to worry about. Bring a sociologist and an economist into the room and suddenly Fauci's extra precaution isn't practical. Here's a great example in what we have with Dr Fauci - He actually co-authored a very extensive study on the 1918 Spanish Flu. One of the major findings of that study was the fact that people fared much better being outside where they received more Vitamin D and breathed fresh air. The study even showed how an outdoor hospital in Boston achieved the greatest recovery rates, recovery speeds, and fewest transmissions to hospital staff. But guess what was lacking and still is lacking from Dr Fauci despite ample evidence of the same outdoor benefits with Covid-19? Answer: Fauci hasn't promoted the outdoors much at all. And he's sat back without a peep as governors have at times closed beaches and parks. Why? Because he's afraid of going out on a limb. Probably because of all that bad tape in January and February telling us that this was likely not going to be a big deal and that we should be more concerned with flu season. I'm sure there are some who believe he didn't want to admonish a Dem governor and that may also have been the case.

Here's the problem with that. Fauci is the chosen expert. We need someone who takes all the knowledge gained and applies it. We now know about the benefits of sunlight, outdoors, who really is at risk, where to focus care and resources, and the benefit of MASKS. Yet barely a word from Fauci on those things. He's still just focused on shutdowns. There's no doubt in my mind that Fauci now understands these things yet he doesn't want to act on them. He's practicing CYA and no longer willing to be the slightest bit wrong about anything. That's unacceptable from an expert.

In this instance Trump. He’s been wrong a lot.

The point was being made that doctors are wrong so why trust their opinions on everything. People are going to be wrong. Trump, doctors, media. Everyone.

Take Trump’s record here and definitely going with pretty much anyone else.
Almost everyone was wrong so this does not reflect poorly on Trump.  He trusted the health experts which he should have done.  Trump has been great as he put the travel ban on himself saving thousands of lives.  

You can’t just believe that the CNN polls are fake, you have to believe that ALL the polls are fake. Every poll in Pennsylvania has Biden in the lead: 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/pennsylvania/

I fear you’re being misled by a small but vocal minority of Trump supporters. He’s not popular there. 
I absolutely 100% do not believe any of these polls. Look at the betting markets, President Trump is still the favorite. And my god look at Joe Biden he is an absolute mess. 

Users who are viewing this thread