Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great Place

2 minutes ago, The General said:

"A great leader" and an "attempted coup" :lol:

I think you can drop the "independent" stuff you are a Trump guy. It's ok to admit it.

I like the “no-nonsense” part of his post the best. Yeah that describes Trump all right. Lololol

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

5 minutes ago, The General said:

"A great leader" and an "attempted coup" :lol:

I think you can drop the "independent" stuff you are a Trump guy. It's ok to admit it.

If he is an independent, I'm Lady Gaga. 

And "Still not sure what I’ll do in November." Please. 

Edited by squistion
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I like the “no-nonsense” part of his post the best. Yeah that describes Trump all right. Lololol

Please stop trolling the Trump thread again, it’s getting old. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Travis the Chimp said:

Ya know I’m shocked the rabid Trump-haters are taking issue with my post. Because they’re usually so level-headed and pleasant. 

You find someone questioning you not being a Trump guy unpleasant but Trump's crying on twitter 24/7 is level-headed, no nonsense leadership?

• Thinking 1
4 minutes ago, The General said:

You find someone questioning you not being a Trump guy unpleasant but Trump's crying on twitter 24/7 is level-headed, no nonsense leadership?

Read my post. It’s my biggest criticism of him. But performing his actual duties he’s been tremendous. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
8 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Please stop trolling the Trump thread again, it’s getting old. 

Anybody who writes that they appreciate President Trump’s no nonsense approach is the person who is trolling- almost by definition. 

• Like 5

I have to get a kick out of the left hanging on the polls. LOL.

Response rates for the most effective way to poll (calling) is down to about 5% (down from about 35% 25 years ago) thanks to caller ID. That's not the biggest issue, though. Polling continues to underestimate who tends to participate in polls (college graduates). Online polling has even more issues (10% of the country doesn't have internet).

Polling is nothing like it seems. Different polls weight things differently. It all adds up to a bunch of nonsense, especially with an unorthodox incumbent like Trump & the MAGA/KAG dynamic, not to mention the impeachment debacle & Openinggate.

Obama had about the same approval rating as Trump does now at this time. It's irrelevant. Biden, a candidate who essentially offers nothing, doesn't have a chance against Trump's incumbency, the MAGA/KAG dynamic, & the Dem's continued death wish-type errors in judgement.

The Dems need a Hail Mary & they're running out of time...

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
39 minutes ago, Travis the Chimp said:

As an independent I’m here to say I think he’s been a real surprise as a leader. I think he’s done a very good job. I appreciate his no-nonsense, get #### done approach to gov’t. Probably because it’s something we’ve never seen before. Making it all the more impressive is that he was doing it up against an attempted coup by the most powerful people in our country. He’s very resilient. 

Still not sure what I’ll do in November. I do wish he would stay away from some subjects on Twitter. Like even now I wish he would back off the Obamagate talk and let Barr and Durham do their job. I will not vote for Biden under any circumstance. He brings absolutely nothing to the table and is probably sleazier and more corrupt than Donald. So third party or Trump. 

How exactly do you think Trump has done a good job as a leader? When I think of leaders, I think of traits like being able to unite people, taking responsibility/accountability for mistakes, showing empathy, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Travis the Chimp said:

You seem mature. 

Travis I have nothing against you or any of the Trump supporters here or elsewhere. I found what you wrote funny, but if you’re serious then I think you’re badly mistaken. I don’t believe President Trump is governing in your best interests, or anyone’s including his own. But whatever, it’s too late. Even if he loses the election the damage is done, and if he wins, I’m not sure that things will get much worse. So in truth the election means far less to me than it did. One way or another we need to find our way out of this mess. 

Hope you and your family are staying safe and  healthy. 

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Travis I have nothing against you or any of the Trump supporters here or elsewhere. I found what you wrote funny, but if you’re serious then I think you’re badly mistaken. I don’t believe President Trump is governing in your best interests, or anyone’s including his own. But whatever, it’s too late. Even if he loses the election the damage is done, and if he wins, I’m not sure that things will get much worse. So in truth the election means far less to me than it did. One way or another we need to find our way out of this mess. 

Travis is an independent. Cripes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Travis the Chimp said:

As an independent I’m here to say I think he’s been a real surprise as a leader. I think he’s done a very good job. I appreciate his no-nonsense, get #### done approach to gov’t. Probably because it’s something we’ve never seen before. Making it all the more impressive is that he was doing it up against an attempted coup by the most powerful people in our country. He’s very resilient. 

Still not sure what I’ll do in November. I do wish he would stay away from some subjects on Twitter. Like even now I wish he would back off the Obamagate talk and let Barr and Durham do their job. I will not vote for Biden under any circumstance. He brings absolutely nothing to the table and is probably sleazier and more corrupt than Donald. So third party or Trump. 

Hopefully, you seriously consider voting for Trump in November.  His America First policies are the only way out of this Chinese Virus mess these globalists have gotten us into.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2
35 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Anybody who writes that they appreciate President Trump’s no nonsense approach is the person who is trolling- almost by definition. 

This may fly in the other threads but not here, please take it elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:
1 hour ago, Travis the Chimp said:

Hopefully, you seriously consider voting for Trump in November.  His America First policies are the only way out of this Chinese Virus mess these globalists have gotten us into.

Travis’ vote in regard to Trump is in about as much doubt as mine is.  

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Tired doesn’t begin to describe it. Utterly exhausted is more like it. He said testing was overrated yesterday. 

I suggest to take a break from trolling then.  Enjoy time with your family and have a great weekend!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Appreciate the sentiment but I think I’m in a good position to make my own evaluation. 

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Thank you to all of my great Keyboard Warriors. You are better, and far more brilliant, than anyone on Madison Avenue (Ad Agencies). There is nobody like you!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3
3 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

How exactly do you think Trump has done a good job as a leader? When I think of leaders, I think of traits like being able to unite people, taking responsibility/accountability for mistakes, showing empathy, etc.

Still waiting for an answer. You know, you "independents" out there.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
3 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Well that's a pretty touchy feely list I will give you that.  Kumbaya

I look for a person that will put America first.  That will defend us against all enemies, foreign or domestic.  I look for someone who is strong willed, and not one prone to apologize all the time.   I'm interested in protecting this nation and the people within it.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:
4 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

I look for a person that will put America first.  That will defend us against all enemies, foreign or domestic.  I look for someone who is strong willed, and not one prone to apologize all the time.   I'm interested in protecting this nation and the people within it.

Are these traits binary?  A good leader should have traits from both your lists.  Either list by itself creates leaders that are extreme.  Mike your list of traits arguably could be said about a lot of the world worst leaders or dictators.  And Bucs list could be said of a POTUS like Carter who wasn’t good at that job.  

* to be extraordinarily clear before everybody starts to jump in, I’m not saying Trump is a dictator, etc.  I’m only speaking about the traits Mike mentioned not about Trump

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Are these traits binary?  A good leader should have traits from both your lists.  Either list by itself creates leaders that are extreme.  Mike your list of traits arguably could be said about a lot of the world worst leaders or dictators.  And Bucs list could be said of a POTUS like Carter who wasn’t good at that job.  

* to be extraordinarily clear before everybody starts to jump in, I’m not saying Trump is a dictator, etc.  I’m only speaking about the traits Mike mentioned not about Trump

I wasn't saying my list was ONLY what a leader should have.

I mean he should have a head, and be human, be of age etc...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I wasn't saying my list was ONLY what a leader should have.

I mean he should have a head, and be human, be of age etc...

Sure I’m not saying that you didn’t say that, but do you disagree that the things on Bucs list should be on your list of good leaders as well?  
Just Speaking to my point about it not being binary. I happen to agree with both your lists, and all those traits are on the traits I use to define a good leader. 

8 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Sure I’m not saying that you didn’t say that, but do you disagree that the things on Bucs list should be on your list of good leaders as well?  
Just Speaking to my point about it not being binary. I happen to agree with both your lists, and all those traits are on the traits I use to define a good leader. 

I'm  not sure of your point here.  I listed what I wanted to see in a leader.  That's all.

And I did it mostly cause Ol Leroy was being snippy.

Edited by supermike80
19 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'm  not sure of your point here.  I listed what I wanted to see in a leader.  That's all.

And I did it mostly cause Ol Leroy was being snippy.

Really not trying to get into an argument with you here Mike. If you really don’t see my point I’m surprised but OK fair enough.

Have a good day and stay safe.  

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I never decide until after the debates, but, it will be hard to vote for grandpa Joe if he cant improve his mental faculties before then. Got to see who his VP is. If it's someone like Kamala, who is the favorite in the betting markets right now, it will be a NON STARTER. HARD PASS FULL STOP.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Those all make sense for traits of a leader. I'm not sure I would say Trump fits the bill for all of them, but on some of them I agree.

I do agree and like his America first mindset as I believe in the past we've always looked to help others out before addressing our own issues.

I don't think he will defend us against all enemies, I think he will put himself before the country. For example, I don't think he has any intention addressing election interference from foreign countries.

He is strong willed and I think that can be a good trait but only if you're very intelligent which I don't believe Trump is. Same goes for apologizing. If they were little issues or it wasn't happening too often I could get behind that point of view but Trump lies, makes divisive comments and is flat out wrong constantly.

I don't think he has the interest to protect all the people within the nation. He only caters to his supporters and attacks anyone who disagrees with him. He has called Democrats human scum in the past which whether you like it or not is a large portion of the country. He should be representing the entire country and he just doesn't do that.

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

So condescending. 

He's the same guy that believed in #meToo and #believeAllWomen when it was politically convenient.  Now he believes in neither.

What do you expect from the type of guy/gal that changes allegiances at the drop of a hat when it's advantageous for him/her?

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

He's the same guy that believed in #meToo and #believeAllWomen when it was politically convenient.  Now he believes in neither.

What do you expect from the type of guy/gal that changes allegiances at the drop of a hat when it's advantageous for him/her?

Meh. You weren't even here (supposedly) before December 2019 so you have idea what I believed or believe in. 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:06 AM, timschochet said:

President Trump should impose a national shelter in place. He should have done it a long time ago. And yes I was wrong at the start of this; I had bad info. All of this is true. Full stop. 

What?! You’re still calling for a national lockdown? This is pretty amazing. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

What?! You’re still calling for a national lockdown? This is pretty amazing. 

I know. Truly amazing. The economic devastation from this will be far worse than the total deaths.  

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

I know. Truly amazing. The economic devastation from this will be far worse than the total deaths.  

Economic for sure . Then you social, mental and physical devastation this has caused millions of people as well.

Anybody who is still in favor of a any type of lockdown at this point is doing it 100% for political purposes. 

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

with all do respect Tim you are probably the last voice of reason lately coupled with your suspensions.   yes, that is plural.    IMHO

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

How many deaths are acceptable to you for the cost of reopening everything immediately: 100k? 200k? 500k? 1M? 2M? 

How many American do you think are expendable to avoid economic devastation?

7 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

sometimes kind of hard when you have 80% of the media against you.

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

well, thank you for that.

It's how I feel.  No BS & he cares for America.

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

How many deaths are acceptable to you for the cost of reopening everything immediately: 100k? 200k? 500k? 1M? 2M? 

How many American do you think are expendable to avoid economic devastation?

Any answer he gives you won’t be good enough. It’s an unfair and obviously loaded question. 

Let me ask you this, how many millions more people have to lose their jobs? How many more thousands of businesses have to go belly up every day? How many millions more people have to develop mental health issues? How many more people have to commit suicide? 

• Like 2