What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (6 Viewers)

Sad those states had to screw up so bad and refuse to acknowledge it that it comes to this.
They want to THROW OUT millions of ballots that were cast by American voters under the rules for the state at the time of the election.  The time to appeal was before the election, not after you find out that you've lost. 

This is as anti-American as you can get.

They want to THROW OUT millions of ballots that were cast by American voters under the rules for the state at the time of the election.  The time to appeal was before the election, not after you find out that you've lost. 

This is as anti-American as you can get.
Those states could probably be asked to hold a new election between now and 1/20. If not, it’s up to their legislators.  Let’s see what the Supreme Court decides.  

Those states could probably be asked to hold a new election between now and 1/20. If not, it’s up to their legislators.  Let’s see what the Supreme Court decides.  
What's the point of a new election?  If Donald Trump doesn't win it will be considered rigged.

Might as well make him king and do away with the whole democracy thing.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
What's the point of a new election?  If Donald Trump doesn't win it will be considered rigged.

I think the point is some states do a better job implementing and enforcing Democratic Republic better than others when it comes to determining our one President.  Let’s see if this claim has merit.  

Doubt the Supreme Court will even hear it.

BS Posturing to make a point.  Kind of like the impeachment.  Knew it was going no where but wanted to do it anyway to send a message.

Is there a specific court case that you believe was decided improperly?  If so, which one and why?
I'm not smart enough on each individual court case, but holistically I feel like claims of fraud, mistakes or failed procedures are not being adequately heard out. I don't know if this is the lower courts wanting nothing to do with these cases and just punting or if the system needs to be reevaluated. 

Georgia had likely fraud caught on tape and its being dismissed. 

Matt Braynard has documented illegal votes in all the states and people just shrug at it.

Wisconsin won't compare signatures for absentee request forms to absentee ballots.

The unnecessarily complicated and historically compromised voting machines had "glitches" that switched votes! Judges won't even let these machines be forensically audited. Machines that were not supposed to be connected to the internet, but were. 

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.

Faith in out election process is down and I'm all for additional transparency to restore that faith. 

We also need a massive overhaul of our election process. This is as good of a start as any. 

I think the point is some states do a better job implementing and enforcing Democratic Republic better than others when it comes to determining our one President.  Let’s see if this claim has merit.  
Multiple election officials from both parties have stated that this election was secure and there is no evidence of it being rigged. One of the largest differences between states is deciding who gets to vote. In Florida, felons have had a hard time voting, while in some states they can vote from prison. Thanks to Florida's implementation of strict rules restoring voting rights to felons, we have Bush in 2000 and the Iraq disaster. Too late for a do-over.

I'm not smart enough on each individual court case, but holistically I feel like claims of fraud, mistakes or failed procedures are not being adequately heard out. I don't know if this is the lower courts wanting nothing to do with these cases and just punting or if the system needs to be reevaluated. 

Matt Braynard has documented illegal votes in all the states and people just shrug at it.

Wisconsin won't compare signatures for absentee request forms to absentee ballots.

The unnecessarily complicated and historically compromised voting machines had "glitches" that switched votes! Judges won't even let these machines be forensically audited. Machines that were not supposed to be connected to the internet, but were. 

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.

Faith in out election process is down and I'm all for additional transparency to restore that faith. 

We also need a massive overhaul of our election process. This is as good of a start as any. 
You've mentioned a number of allegations above.  Quick question: were any of those items introduced, with actual evidence, in any of the court filings?

• Sad
You've mentioned a number of allegations above.  Quick question: were any of those items introduced, with actual evidence, in any of the court filings?
From my understanding some of those were filed, but never presented which actually helps the appeal process.

• Sad
Multiple election officials from both parties have stated that this election was secure and there is no evidence of it being rigged. One of the largest differences between states is deciding who gets to vote. In Florida, felons have had a hard time voting, while in some states they can vote from prison. Thanks to Florida's implementation of strict rules restoring voting rights to felons, we have Bush in 2000 and the Iraq disaster. Too late for a do-over.
Okay. Millions disagree on whether our election was compromised.  Let those state legislators decide.  I have faith in our Supreme Court.  

I guess we still aren't going to give us any details, but let's start with how PA screwed up.  Would love to know.
They made a change to their absentee voting laws that required a constitutional amendment and then they never amended their constitution.  :shrug:

I thought it was due to timing. The GA case never heard the evidence yesterday. 
Yes, I was wrong:

"The ruling in Georgia by Judge Timothy Batten Sr. came less than 90 minutes into a hearing in Atlanta federal court, where Powell had claimed that Trump was the victim of massive ballot fraud related to Georgia's use of Dominion voting machines.

"The relief that the plaintiffs seek this court cannot grant," Batten said.

"They ask the court to order the secretary of state to decertify the election results as if such a mechanism even exists, and I find that it does not."

That's not going to happen.  Courts will rule that it's too late.  The appropriate time to seek judicial relief was prior to the election, not after.
Ok, we will see if SCOTUS agrees. Not following your own commonwealth's constitution seems like a pretty big deal to me. 

Georgia had likely fraud caught on tape and its being dismissed.  THIS IS A LIE

Matt Braynard has documented illegal votes in all the states and people just shrug at it.  HIS DOCUMENTATION HAS BEEN SHOWN TO BE FALSE

Wisconsin won't compare signatures for absentee request forms to absentee ballots.  THIS IS NOT REQUIRED

The unnecessarily complicated and historically compromised voting machines had "glitches" that switched votes! Judges won't even let these machines be forensically audited. Machines that were not supposed to be connected to the internet, but were.   THIS IS A LIE - NOTHING SWITCHED VOTES

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.  NOT SURE WHAT ANOMALIES YOU ARE REFERRING TO BUT I WILL GUESS THEY ARE ALSO LIES BEING TOLD BY SOMEONE - I'M UNCLEAR WHAT ANOMALIES IN THE PAST WE LOOKED CLOSER AT BUT IF THERE'S A STANDARD, FOLLOW THAT

Faith in out election process is down and I'm all for additional transparency to restore that faith.   AGREE

We also need a massive overhaul of our election process. This is as good of a start as any.  SOMEWHAT AGREE - TRYING TO OVERTURN AN ELECTION IS NOT A GOOD START

I keep hearing this from the right. What does transparency in our election process mean?  You can read how the election process works from start to finish. I learned a lot I didn’t know about it this cycle. You can volunteer to actually participate in the election process (a big THANK YOU to these people). I voted by mail and I could check my barcode to see which step in the process my ballot was at, which seems pretty transparent to me

What overhaul is being proposed?  I would like to see the EC done away with so that we truly have everyone’s voice equally heard and the President isn’t motivated to pander to swing states. 

This has got to be a joke right?  Like this isnt actually happening is it?
Since this isnt a joke - why is this being filed now?  Why wasnt this filed months ago?

Funny isn't it that only the swing states President Trump lost are the ones who aren't doing a good job.

Are we still glossing over that President Trump voted via mail-in ballot?

Is there a specific court case that you believe was decided improperly?  If so, which one and why?

Max - you are better than this

Funny isn't it that only the swing states President Trump lost are the ones who aren't doing a good job.

Are we still glossing over that President Trump voted via mail-in ballot?
Should be a lawsuit filed here in FL any day now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
I keep hearing this from the right. What does transparency in our election process mean?  You can read how the election process works from start to finish. I learned a lot I didn’t know about it this cycle. You can volunteer to actually participate in the election process (a big THANK YOU to these people). I voted by mail and I could check my barcode to see which step in the process my ballot was at, which seems pretty transparent to me

What overhaul is being proposed?  I would like to see the EC done away with so that we truly have everyone’s voice equally heard and the President isn’t motivated to pander to swing states. 
I think we need to get away from the states using a two machine vote tabulation process. Vote on machine A which prints a QR code to scan in on Machine B. It's unnecessary. Especially when user error and glitches cause problems. 

Clean up voter roles prior to election is another good start. 

I think we need to get away from the states using a two machine vote tabulation process. Vote on machine A which prints a QR code to scan in on Machine B. It's unnecessary. Especially when user error and glitches cause problems. 

Clean up voter roles prior to election is another good start. 
No idea what a two voting machine process is or which states use them, but for all the talk of Dominion and voting machines, the hand recounts that have been done thus far have shown the voting machines are accurate.

As for cleaning up voter rolls, it seems more likely you’ll eliminate a valid voter’s ability to vote than prevent an invalid voter from voting twice. It seems like it would be a costly process to do properly, and potentially rife with corruption.  

This has got to be a joke right?  Like this isnt actually happening is it?
I think it technically qualifies as both "big" and a "thing". Two points for Slytherin!

No idea what a two voting machine process is or which states use them, but for all the talk of Dominion and voting machines, the hand recounts that have been done thus far have shown the voting machines are accurate.

As for cleaning up voter rolls, it seems more likely you’ll eliminate a valid voter’s ability to vote than prevent an invalid voter from voting twice. It seems like it would be a costly process to do properly, and potentially rife with corruption.  
The recount is accurate when you recount only the QR codes coming from the voting machine into the tabulation machine. Dominion machines have an adjudication process where workers can see ballot images and determine who that vote is actually for. This is an unsecure process. A true audit would look at the paper ballot vs the end result of the QR code entered.

A texas congressman is working on a bill to cross reference voter roles against social security benefits. This will remove all voters who stopped receiving SS benefits due to their death. Shocking we arent already doing this. 

They made a change to their absentee voting laws that required a constitutional amendment and then they never amended their constitution.  :shrug:
There is a dispute as to whether or not it required an amendment and the change was made long before the election but they chose to challenge Act 77 weeks after the election was over.  Now they're  asking to throw out 2.5 million ballots cast by American citizens or just ignore the vote and appoint republican electors.   

That would be like the loser of the Super Bowl waiting until March to challenge the ruling of a TD scored against them in the 3rd quarter of the game after they lost the lead.

It is silly

There are a lot of statistical firsts in the 2020 election. Some don't pass the smell test and when a closer look is asked for it's being stonewalled.  NOT SURE WHAT ANOMALIES YOU ARE REFERRING TO BUT I WILL GUESS THEY ARE ALSO LIES BEING TOLD BY SOMEONE - I'M UNCLEAR WHAT ANOMALIES IN THE PAST WE LOOKED CLOSER AT BUT IF THERE'S A STANDARD, FOLLOW THAT
There were a lot of statistical firsts this year.  Why anyone finds this odd is beyond me.  There are a lot of reasons why 2020 is unique:

• COVID  - need I say more?
  • a president who has openly feuded with the media for years
  • a president who ran unopposed on his party ticket a few months after being impeached
  • a large faction of the incumbents party openly campaigning against him (Lincoln Project)
  • a president who signaled prior to the election that he would cry FRAUD!!1!! if he did not win (in fact, the same president who called FRAUD!111! when he did win in the prior election)
  • a president who actually turned method of voting into a partisan characteristic (i.e. (R) vote in person, (D) vote by mail)
It's insane that anyone would try to look at previous trends and expect the same patterns to extrapolate to 2020.  Anyone who does that is either a terrible statistician or a partisan hack (or both).

Another one of Trump's lawyers (Jenna Ellis) has tested positive for COVID.
She was sitting right beside Rudy in all of the "hearings" and press conferences, neither wearing masks.   Knowing what we do about how this spreads it would have been amazing if she didn't get Covid.     I hope she recovers fully and quickly but man she was being reckless with her health and to those around her.

ETA: She attended Friday’s party at the White House, maskless of course...

There is a dispute as to whether or not it required an amendment and the change was made long before the election but they chose to challenge Act 77 weeks after the election was over.  Now they're  asking to throw out 2.5 million ballots cast by American citizens or just ignore the vote and appoint republican electors.   

That would be like the loser of the Super Bowl waiting until March to challenge the ruling of a TD scored against them in the 3rd quarter of the game after they lost the lead.

It is silly
Looks like you were right.

Link please? I’m seeing people claim crazy things like there are now 12 states joining the TX suit, etc but nothing is being reported anywhere (meaning under any news organization). 
I'll post one when I find one. Heard it from a friend who said it was on Bannon's show.... which I know is not a source around here. I haven't heard more than those two states though. 

ETA: Link for LA

Alabama AG statement: https://twitter.com/AGSteveMarshall/status/1336435391403057156?s=20

Users who are viewing this thread