What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kicked some furniture (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Last night, walking back into the family room from the kitchen, I somehow didn't see the large ottoman directly in my path and kicked it.  I'd love to say I was looking at my phone or somehow distracted, but nope.  Just somehow didn't see a huge piece of furniture in my walking path.  When my foot hit it, I immediately heard two snaps and I went down like a sniper took me out.  A couple years ago, I broke my ankle and I'll never forget the sound the bone made when it snapped twice.  It's a sound I'll never forget.  So when my toes made that noise last night, I was instantly sure I had just broken something.

After putting some ice on it, the pain is gone for the most part.  It's swollen, but no bruising or anything yet.  I remember my ankle was a shade of deep purple that I could only describe as "smoke on the water."  Nothing like that with my toes.  If I touch the last two toes on my foot, they hurt, but I'll live.  I guess.  My wife says I just need to tape them and they'll be fine.  

Anyone ever broke their toes?  What should I expect for recovery time?  I'm going down the shore this weekend and I'm worried about walking on the sand.  And in a couple weeks, we're supposed to go to Shenandoah and do some light hiking.  Now I'm worried that will be iffy.  My toes are still straight, so I don't think I need to go to the hospital to get them x-rayed.   

I just checked the bottom and they are both that same shade of purple.  So I guess I was looking at the wrong area.

Last night, walking back into the family room from the kitchen, I somehow didn't see the large ottoman directly in my path and kicked it.  I'd love to say I was looking at my phone or somehow distracted, but nope.  Just somehow didn't see a huge piece of furniture in my walking path.  When my foot hit it, I immediately heard two snaps and I went down like a sniper took me out.  A couple years ago, I broke my ankle and I'll never forget the sound the bone made when it snapped twice.  It's a sound I'll never forget.  So when my toes made that noise last night, I was instantly sure I had just broken something.

After putting some ice on it, the pain is gone for the most part.  It's swollen, but no bruising or anything yet.  I remember my ankle was a shade of deep purple that I could only describe as "smoke on the water."  Nothing like that with my toes.  If I touch the last two toes on my foot, they hurt, but I'll live.  I guess.  My wife says I just need to tape them and they'll be fine.  

Anyone ever broke their toes?  What should I expect for recovery time?  I'm going down the shore this weekend and I'm worried about walking on the sand.  And in a couple weeks, we're supposed to go to Shenandoah and do some light hiking.  Now I'm worried that will be iffy.  My toes are still straight, so I don't think I need to go to the hospital to get them x-rayed.   
Happened to me the night before I left for a long weekend at the beach. Pinky toe. Was purple , blue, yellow.

Felt better in a day or two 

I have broken way too many toes :oldunsure:  

But unless they are crooked as a result of the break (or it is like, the captain of the toes), you will be able to do deal with the sucky pain on the beach and on your hikes. Try your best not to bang them again while broken though. 

Oh yeah,  they're broken.  I had an appointment with my back doctor today and did the 'ol "Hey, while I'm here..." thingy.  He felt them and said, "Oh, yeah.  They're broken."  Which is why I started my post with that sentence.  Possibly one of the quickest callbacks in comedy history.

He said what Jaysus said: They're not crooked so tape will do just fine.  I told him he had much better bedside manner than my wife.  I went 40 years without breaking any bones and now I've broken 3 in the past 5 years.  At this pace I'll have Evel Knievel beat by age 55.  At least, by my math.  

Not much they can do about toes.  I broke my pinky toe back in the day, mine wasn't a probable fracture like yours, mine was sticking out the wrong way.  The doctor just snapped mine back into place and taped it to the next toe.  As long as there are no bones sticking out of your foot tape it and make sure you wear hard sole shoes.

Broke my pinky toe when I kicked a Black and Decker collapsible workbench in my garage the night before my Alaskan Cruise. It felt like it was throbbing all day flying to Vancouver. I get to the hotel and take my shoe and sock off and my foot is mostly purple. I tell Mrs. O I’m pretty sure I broke my toe. She said “ya think?”.  I got on the boat and hobbled around ports and did some excursions. It was a great trip, but would have been nice to have 2 fully functional feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done it. Your wife is correct. Nothing else for it but time.

Walking may or may not be problematic but your toes will absolutely remind you they're broken from time to time.

I broke my pointer toe a few years ago when I fell down the stairs when I missed a step carrying a ladder, a drill, a beer, and a few other things. (Did not spill a drop of beer, BTW.)

Hurt for a few days but nothing some Advil couldn't fix. When my kid yanks on it, that one is a bit more sensitive but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread