What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oven Mitts? (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
My wife and daughter laugh and make fun of me because I use oven mitts to pull things out of the oven.  They say that's what old people use.  They use those square pads that I associate with picking up pots.  They also always complain about either burning themselves or almost burning themselves.  

Is it true that oven mitts are only for old people?  I thought this was the norm until I put them on and was laughed at.

TheIronSheik said:
My wife and daughter laugh and make fun of me because I use oven mitts to pull things out of the oven.  They say that's what old people use.  They use those square pads that I associate with picking up pots.  They also always complain about either burning themselves or almost burning themselves.  

Is it true that oven mitts are only for old people?  I thought this was the norm until I put them on and was laughed at.
No, they are used by intelligent people that don't want to get burned. 

i do not like burning my brohands so i also use oven mitts take that to the bank bromigo

Last edited by a moderator:
TheIronSheik said:

When I still lived at home, my mom had one that looked like a cat with  the area between the thumb and index finger was a mouth.

I used to go up to her, open the cat's "mouth" and meow at her.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand, though.

When I still lived at home, my mom had one that looked like a cat with  the area between the thumb and index finger was a mouth.

I used to go up to her, open the cat's "mouth" and meow at her.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand, though.
I have a gray one and I always say it looks like a whale.  And I do a whale voice.  Awesome dad humor.

Why would anyone care what you use to take something out of the oven? How many wives would kill to have their husband ever go near a stove to assist.

TheIronSheik said:

No, they are used by intelligent people that don't want to get burned. 
So, yeah, old people...

Weird. I associate the pot holder pads with old people more than I do the mitts. 

But Ove gloves are obviously the way to go. 

TheIronSheik said:
So, if you are looking for confirmation that your wife isn't very bright and has passed that gene on to your daughter... confirmed.

I've got 7 oven mitts. Might be overkill but i like to mix it up. I also have silicone gripper things but they are useless so i use my mitts. Laugh all you want ;)

I tried an Ove Glove once but even the XL seems like it's made for little old ladies. Takes me 5 minutes to put on and take off. Much easier just to use a kitchen towel.

I tried an Ove Glove once but even the XL seems like it's made for little old ladies. Takes me 5 minutes to put on and take off. Much easier just to use a kitchen towel.
I remember thinking that, too, the first time I tried one.  But they loosen up pretty quickly.

I personally only use them for sexual foreplay.  Usually in conjunction with a spatula.
I highly recommend working a melon baller into your routine, if, you know, you are talking about heterosexual sex.
This goes well with my guacamole and bacon - from another thread. 

I think DW was the ultimate source of it, but I am not sure if he recalls. 

Users who are viewing this thread