What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (2 Viewers)

Da Gildz

Footballguy
First of the season.  From the 2 hole:

QB:  Murray (9), Darnold (19)

RB:  McCaffrey (1), Conner (2), Damien Will (3), Justice Hill (11) , Richard (14), Snell (15)

WR:  Hill (4), Jeffrey (7),  Tate (8), Metcalf (10),  Isabella (12), E. Sanders (13)

TE:  Engram (5), Ebron (6),  Thomas (17)

K:  Tucker (16)

Def:  Minn (18), Sea (20) 

Vintage Gildz masterpiece.   Looking fwd to another fun year.  Let’s see some squads!

Last edited by a moderator:

RB:  McCaffrey (1), Conner (2), Damien Will (3), Justice Hill (11) , Richard (14), Snell (15)

WR:  Hill (4), Jeffrey (7),  Tate (8), Metcalf (10),  Isabella (12), E. Sanders (13)

Vintage Gildz masterpiece.   Looking fwd to another fun year.  Let’s see some squads!
I wouldn't say masterpiece. Im not sure who was left at your second/third picks but you would have been better off going with a WR at one of those. Too RB heavy for my liking. Same goes for your TE slot. You would have probably been better off going with a WR/RB with one of those. Overall I would say this is a middle of the road team with the inability to put up high scoring weeks due to poor WR depth. You better hope Hill isn't banned. 

You're welcome. You missed me over the offseason. 

Inability to put up high scoring weeks?  Each of those 3 backs can put up 30+ any given week!  I preferred D Will as my flex vs the WR’s available as his upside is top 5 rb.   Come on Scientist   

Yawn. 

Okay team. 

Big unknowns at QB and TE.  Why Darnold in the 19th?  I'd have taken a better backup in an earlier round to protect against Kyler not panning out (which is a risky bet for lots of reasons).  TEs have potential but I am not taking Engram that early this year.  Or Ebron w/ Funchess and Doyle and all the other options in that offense.

WRs are OK.  I think Hill will play, not have a significant suspension and be awesome, so I am in the grab-Hill-in-Rd.-4/5-before-news-breaks camp as your WR1 after stacking your team in the early rounds.  But I think the balance of your WRs kind of suck.  I do not think Metcalf emerges in a run first offense as rookie w/ questionable route running skills, I think Tate is in a tough spot, Isabella meh, E Sanders meh.  And Alshon will be OK I guess. 

RBs are obviously great, but I'd want at least Thompson and probably Hyde to back up D Will.  Although I agree D Will can feast in that offense.  Nice upside in J Hill, but Ingram is stalwart and will get his and is not injury prone.  I'd want to see one or two other high-upside mid to late round picks there.

I've done a few drafts and I will post a few teams for everyone to rip on over the course of the summer.

leftcoastheel said:
Okay team. 

Big unknowns at QB and TE.  Why Darnold in the 19th?  I'd have taken a better backup in an earlier round to protect against Kyler not panning out (which is a risky bet for lots of reasons).  TEs have potential but I am not taking Engram that early this year.  Or Ebron w/ Funchess and Doyle and all the other options in that offense.

WRs are OK.  I think Hill will play, not have a significant suspension and be awesome, so I am in the grab-Hill-in-Rd.-4/5-before-news-breaks camp as your WR1 after stacking your team in the early rounds.  But I think the balance of your WRs kind of suck.  I do not think Metcalf emerges in a run first offense as rookie w/ questionable route running skills, I think Tate is in a tough spot, Isabella meh, E Sanders meh.  And Alshon will be OK I guess. 

RBs are obviously great, but I'd want at least Thompson and probably Hyde to back up D Will.  Although I agree D Will can feast in that offense.  Nice upside in J Hill, but Ingram is stalwart and will get his and is not injury prone.  I'd want to see one or two other high-upside mid to late round picks there.

I've done a few drafts and I will post a few teams for everyone to rip on over the course of the summer.

Thanks for feedback.   I’m real high on Kyler.  Think his floor is probably Lamar Jackson but can actually throw the ball.    Darnold also as a backup I like.  2nd year, improved offense, solid weapons around him.  He can also add in some rushing yardage.  What’s not to like.  Bell will help that entire offense and especially Sam. 

Engram u don’t like in rd 5??  Think he’s a steal there lol.   All signs point to a huge year for him.  Assuming he can stay healthy. Ebron I didn’t like taking there.   Or Alshon for that matter.   Didn’t like any WR really in that area.   In hindsight, Pettis was the guy I should have went for over Ebron.   But he did score 13 tds last year, if he’s Luck’s goto option in red zone ,  he can’t score 8-9 tds?  

Was targeting a couple of those handcuffs just didn’t get them.   If 1 of those top 3 backs go down, I’m likely screwed.   That’s ok tho.  Isabella I disagree with your meh response.  Ha.  Dude could be lethal with Murray running around in backfield.  Could see quite a few bomb td’s from that connection.  Should start from day 1 also.  Sanders in 13 seemed like a nice price to gamble.  If he’s 70% of what he was, I’d take it there.  

GL this year. 

Post some of those teams.  

Here is one from 7th pick

QB: Cam Newton, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Tarik Cohen, Peyton Barber, Chris Thompson, Adrian Peterson, Justice Hill
WR: T.Y. Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Tyler Boyd, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder
TE: Hunter Henry, Jordan Reed, Ian Thomas
PK: Wil Lutz
TD: New Orleans Saints

Here is one from 7th pick

QB: Cam Newton, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Tarik Cohen, Peyton Barber, Chris Thompson, Adrian Peterson, Justice Hill
WR: T.Y. Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Tyler Boyd, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder
TE: Hunter Henry, Jordan Reed, Ian Thomas
PK: Wil Lutz
TD: New Orleans Saints
Rare team to be able to grab DJ, Mixon and TY from the 7th spot.  Nice!  I think middle rounds are the hardest this year...

Here is a team I just drafted this evening:

QB: Winston, Cousins

RB: Conner, Mack, Michel, D Harris, C Hyde, J Jackson, J Scarlett

WR: Hopkins, Hill, Boyd, M Jones, G Allison, K Cole

TE: Rudolph, Eifert, D Waller

DEF: NO

PK. Vinatieri

Forced to leave a little value on the board in the mid rounds to keep to my strategery.  Big weakness is TE.  Need Eifert to stay healthy or Waller to blow up.

leftcoastheel said:
Here is a team I just drafted this evening:

QB: Winston, Cousins

RB: Conner, Mack, Michel, D Harris, C Hyde, J Jackson, J Scarlett

WR: Hopkins, Hill, Boyd, M Jones, G Allison, K Cole

TE: Rudolph, Eifert, D Waller

DEF: NO

PK. Vinatieri

Forced to leave a little value on the board in the mid rounds to keep to my strategery.  Big weakness is TE.  Need Eifert to stay healthy or Waller to blow up.

What was the strategy?  No offense but not a fan of this team.  Not strong in any area really outside of WR if Hill plays.  Seems like you whiffed a lot in those middle rds.    Who was your 7th rd pick even?  Don’t like it whoever it was.  Would have invested more in TE and QB.  Going to be behind the 8 ball with this one.  GL

What was the strategy?  No offense but not a fan of this team.  Not strong in any area really outside of WR if Hill plays.  Seems like you whiffed a lot in those middle rds.    Who was your 7th rd pick even?  Don’t like it whoever it was.  Would have invested more in TE and QB.  Going to be behind the 8 ball with this one.  GL
7th was probably my hardest choice this draft and I took Jones as my WR4.  I could have taken Fuller, Sutton, Sanders, Guice there.  Not much left other than those guys.  I do like Jones but it was still a tough decision, and I wanted another good deep threat WR; and I didn't want another Houston WR, Sutton has Flacco and the Denver offense which is a big ? and Sanders is a big ? for a host of reasons. I maybe would have taken Guice there instead.  I also could have gotten a QB, but I've had plenty of success waiting on QB in this competition. 

Hill will play and my WRs will be strong and deep, which I think is key.  I guess we differ on the RBs; I really like my RBs given I took a WR in thr first, with Mack and Conner being workhorses on two of the best offenses/O-lines in the NFL.  I also have the NE ground game locked down, which I think NE is moving more and more towards being a  run heavy team with limited passing options and an aging Brady; although on my other teams I have invested in SEA backfield there instead of NE.  I wanted Thompson with Hyde to get hte KC backup squad, but someone reach for him and I missed there.

I like Cousins a lot this year and I think he provides a nice floor with some upside; but I am more hoping for a breakout year for Winston under an Arians offense with three great pass catchers.

TEs suck and in my mind is s true weakness of this team; I had a strategy here which fell apart, and I wish I hadn't waited so long there and probably won't do it again.  On that note though, I think once you've passed on the Big 3, the TE position is really tough to draft this year.  I just don't think there is a last-year's Kittle out there you can get in the mid rounds that is going to blow up.

Would have went Fuller there in a snap call over Jones.  Sutton and Guice as well.  Frankly wouldn’t touch Marv J before rd 9. If not later.   You should have went TE there. Assuming a McDonald, Cook, Njoku type was there.  Sure no one will likely duplicate Kittle.  But he had a crazy year.  Getting a TE who can catch 70+ with TD upside is still a huge win.  Can make a case for all 3 of those TE’s hitting that mark.

Not saying it’s terrible.  Flexing the Pats rb and Boyd is ok.  Not ideal imo. Frankly I see White still being the back to own there in New England.   Just believe you’ll find a lot of equal teams who have far better QB and TE options then you will have in your lineup.  

Yeah the only TE available was Njoku.  There was a run on TEs right before my pick came up, and I just think Njoku is going to perennially under-perform, especially with all the targets added with ODB and even Hunt later in the season.  I like McDonald a lot, but waited too long and that is who I would have taken there if he hadn't been picked up at the beginning of the 7th.  In hindsight I do agree Jones was probably not the best pick there; was too focused on getting a WR4 and should have taken Fuller or Guice IMO.  Although that franchise is #$%show. 

And, as an FYI for your drafts, Cook is not lasting to the 7th round, you have to get him the 5th/6th. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Will post another next weekend ...

4th Pick:

QBs - Ryan (10); Wentz (12)

RBs - McCaffrey (1); Fournette (3); J White (5); Lat Murray (6); J Richard (13); A Blue (20)

WRs - M Evans (2); R Woods (4); T Boyd (7); M Jones (9); J Crowder (14); D Hamilton (14); A Wilson (17)

TEs - T Burton (8); K Rudolph (11); J Witten (16)

PK - J Elliott (19)

Def - NO (18)

Thoughts? Would appreciate feedback. Thx.

4th Pick:

QBs - Ryan (10); Wentz (12)

RBs - McCaffrey (1); Fournette (3); J White (5); Lat Murray (6); J Richard (13); A Blue (20)

WRs - M Evans (2); R Woods (4); T Boyd (7); M Jones (9); J Crowder (14); D Hamilton (14); A Wilson (17)

TEs - T Burton (8); K Rudolph (11); J Witten (16)

PK - J Elliott (19)

Def - NO (18)

Thoughts? Would appreciate feedback. Thx.
Looks pretty solid to me.  Nice balance overall.  I probably would have went elsewhere at 12 with Ryan already in the fold.  That will only cause you headaches all season picking which QB to start.  Don’t love the TE’s but for where you got them seems like solid value.  At least Rudolph.  The 11th seems like a bargain.  If Burton can become the guy we’d thought he’d be last year, then there’s plenty of firepower here.   Overall nice draft.   CMC falling to 4 is a nice coup also. 

from the 2 spot tonight 

QB:  Carson Wentz, Cam Newton
RB:  Christian McCaffrey, Sony Michel, Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams, Elijah McGuire
WR:  Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Sterling Shepard, Donte Moncrief, Kenny Stills, DeSean Jackson
TE:  Zach Ertz, Chris Herndon, Matt LaCosse
PK:  Jason Myers
TD:  Los Angeles Rams

Aunt Jemima said:
from the 2 spot tonight 

RB:  Christian McCaffrey, Sony Michel, Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams, Elijah McGuire
WR:  Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Sterling Shepard, Donte Moncrief, Kenny Stills, DeSean Jackson
I usually like your teams Jemima.  This one?  Meh.   Not bad by any means, but nothing about it seems that good either.  I’m not that high on Ertz this year, at least 2nd rd again. I think Goedert takes a decent step up.  Also not super high on those WR’s after Keenan.  Most are WR3 types at best.  Godwin I’m mixed on.  All signs point to him being a big time player but I still have my reservations with that offense.   It’s a balanced team all in all , safe.   Don’t see a ton of upside tho.  GL

I usually like your teams Jemima.  This one?  Meh.   Not bad by any means, but nothing about it seems that good either.  I’m not that high on Ertz this year, at least 2nd rd again. I think Goedert takes a decent step up.  Also not super high on those WR’s after Keenan.  Most are WR3 types at best.  Godwin I’m mixed on.  All signs point to him being a big time player but I still have my reservations with that offense.   It’s a balanced team all in all , safe.   Don’t see a ton of upside tho.  GL
i agree, kinda funny i have done several and so far this one is best according the footballguys rate my team - comes in at 90,99,90,90. I don't love it though, was a tough draft

Aunt Jemima said:
from the 2 spot tonight 

I like the first four RBs a lot.  Really well done IMO.  Did you really get Penny in the 7th?  That is a steal.  Making some assumptions about where you took guys, but I might have taken Ingram early 5th if available instead of Michel; knee worries me and probably have to reach for Harris given present uncertainty. 

WRs are going to struggle though.  I like Godwin, but I don't think he is a 4th round pick IMO, but we will see what happens with TB.  They are definitely a candidate to blow it up in passing yards this year; if that story line plays out could prove to be a good pick.  Similar to Moore (not that you took him, I just view them in the same cluster); I just think 4th is too early.  Probably looking to Woods/Golladay if available there.  Mixed on the QBs too.  Cam's arm still worries me.  Love the defense!

I think this team will be fine, probably can contend in-season, and with some (albeit limited) post-season upside.

Aunt Jemima said:
from the 2 spot tonight 

The RB corp is a bit of a cluster after McC. Michel is a big ? at this point and the Carson/Penny thing will be a problem. They may end up splitting carries, so who will you be starting? Both of them or neither? I can't see one or the other dominating the role. Other than that it's ok.

I like the first four RBs a lot.  Really well done IMO.  Did you really get Penny in the 7th?  That is a steal.  Making some assumptions about where you took guys, but I might have taken Ingram early 5th if available instead of Michel; knee worries me and probably have to reach for Harris given present uncertainty. 

WRs are going to struggle though.  I like Godwin, but I don't think he is a 4th round pick IMO, but we will see what happens with TB.  They are definitely a candidate to blow it up in passing yards this year; if that story line plays out could prove to be a good pick.  Similar to Moore (not that you took him, I just view them in the same cluster); I just think 4th is too early.  Probably looking to Woods/Golladay if available there.  Mixed on the QBs too.  Cam's arm still worries me.  Love the defense!

I think this team will be fine, probably can contend in-season, and with some (albeit limited) post-season upside.
woods/golladay were already gone and Ingram also went mid 4th so they weren't available to me in 4th or 5th

From the 9 hole. I was going to "reach" for Kelce,he went at 7 so had to settle for Julio in the first:

QB- A.Rogers...M.Trubinsky

RB-J.Connor...R.Penny...A.Eckler...N.Hines...C.Thompson...J.Richard

WR- J.Jones...A.Thielen...J.Edleman...J.Washington...D.K. Metcalf...J.Brown

TE- E.Ebron...T.J. Hockenson...I.Thomas

K- W. Lutz

Def- N.O...Dallas

I always start off by looking for 10 solid starters. I only see 8 here, so the final two will need to be chosen among Penny, Eckler, Hines, Washington, Hockenson, etc....  Not a good situation. Either a couple of those guys will surprise significantly or you'll need help from the waiver wire. I like Hines, Thompson and Richard as best ball contributors but don't want to start them except as bye week fillers. I also expect significant regression from Ebron which could even cause a problem with your #1 TE if it happens. 

posting a couple others for feedback

from 4

QB:  Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson
RB:  Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Williams, David Montgomery, Latavius Murray, Peyton Barber, Malcolm Brown
WR:  Antonio Brown, Calvin Ridley, Golden Tate, Mohamed Sanu, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, DeSean Jackson, Deebo Samuel
TE:  Evan Engram, Kyle Rudolph
PK:  Justin Tucker
TD:  Denver Broncos

from 7

QB:  Cam Newton, Jared Goff
RB:  Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, David Montgomery, Dion Lewis, Derrius Guice
WR:  JuJu Smith-Schuster, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder, TreQuan Smith, John Brown
TE:  Travis Kelce, Noah Fant, Greg Olsen
PK:  Wil Lutz
TD:  Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys

From the 5 hole:

QB:  Watson (7),  Garrapalo (18)

RB:  DJ (1), Damien Will (2), Fournette (3), D. Henderson (5) , Richard (14), Snell (16)

WR:  Hill (4), Pettis (6), Sutton (8), Allison (9), Isabella (13) Gallup (15)

TE:  Andrews (10), Reed (11), Thomas (17)

K:  Elliot (20)

Def:  Chi (12), Minn (19)

From the 5 hole:

RB:  DJ (1), Damien Will (2), Fournette (3), D. Henderson (5) , Richard (14), Snell (16)

A strong season by Fournette could be the deciding factor if it makes the playoffs or not, along with Hill having a short suspension then having a great year. The WR corps isn't strong enough to perform without him. If it does get into the playoffs (and you're without Hill in week 12...) there are a few potential upside guys to help in the championship weeks - Sutton and Allison, Henderson, Reed that needs to still be healthy weeks 14-16, and Olsen to get hurt. The odds are less than 50% of making the playoffs. I understand the desire to draft an all-risk, high upside team for fun but it's just not my style. Bottom line - this team was drafted for the championship run - the challenge will be to get there.

From the 5 hole:

like the start but personally hate the risk of Hill in the 4th Henderson in the 5th. I can live with Watson in 7th but would prefer to wait longer. Earliest I've gone QB is 8 but like my teams better when I wait until 13-15. Also not a believer in Sutton. The other thing you have to watch out for is playoffs, if you get there you won't have DJ, Damien Will, or Hill as they all have week 12 byes so unfortunately this team has no chance unless Tyreek serves no suspension and it winds up highest scoring but even then only chance is in the championship rd. This team cannot win the individual league

I

like the start but personally hate the risk of Hill in the 4th Henderson in the 5th. I can live with Watson in 7th but would prefer to wait longer. Earliest I've gone QB is 8 but like my teams better when I wait until 13-15. Also not a believer in Sutton. The other thing you have to watch out for is playoffs, if you get there you won't have DJ, Damien Will, or Hill as they all have week 12 byes so unfortunately this team has no chance unless Tyreek serves no suspension and it winds up highest scoring but even then only chance is in the championship rd. This team cannot win the individual league
Appreciate the feedback.   Respectfully disagree.   Hill in rd 4 is well worth the risk IMO.  No other WR in that area has even close to his upside.  Sure he can get 8 games and I’m screwed.  He can also get 2 and be a 2nd rd pick in August.  4th seems like a nice risk/reward price to me.   If it is 4 weeks which most think is the case, the replacement player + 7 weeks of Hill will still post a solid point total from that WR spot.  I did try to minimize the risk somewhat with the Watson pick.  He should be among the top 2-3 QB’s pt wise come years end.  Even a Chicago D to an extent.  They could easily pull a Jacksonville last year and suck.  But if they are a legit top D again, I’m getting a decent points edge in that spot over other teams.  No chance to win the league is a bit strong.   If Fournette is good and say Gurley is out, I would have 2 RB1’s that week.  Neither scenario is that crazy.   Plus playoffs are a crapshoot.  I’ve won many playoff weeks scoring 120 and lost plenty 150+.  Just get there is always my approach. 

I

Appreciate the feedback.   Respectfully disagree.   Hill in rd 4 is well worth the risk IMO.  No other WR in that area has even close to his upside.  Sure he can get 8 games and I’m screwed.  He can also get 2 and be a 2nd rd pick in August.  4th seems like a nice risk/reward price to me.   If it is 4 weeks which most think is the case, the replacement player + 7 weeks of Hill will still post a solid point total from that WR spot.  I did try to minimize the risk somewhat with the Watson pick.  He should be among the top 2-3 QB’s pt wise come years end.  Even a Chicago D to an extent.  They could easily pull a Jacksonville last year and suck.  But if they are a legit top D again, I’m getting a decent points edge in that spot over other teams.  No chance to win the league is a bit strong.   If Fournette is good and say Gurley is out, I would have 2 RB1’s that week.  Neither scenario is that crazy.   Plus playoffs are a crapshoot.  I’ve won many playoff weeks scoring 120 and lost plenty 150+.  Just get there is always my approach. 
one of the things I'm trying to be careful of is there are quite a few good players on bye week 12, I don't want to have too many key guys out that week since it is playoffs here. What I'm saying is if you are down David Johnson, Damien Williams, and Tyreek Hill that week you are going to have to get really lucky to win a playoff game. Between Chargers, Vikings, Chiefs, Cardinals there are a lot of strong players out. You may be able to survive it but you are putting yourself at a big disadvantage. I'm just trying to be wary of it, with a mid pick it is easy to wind up with a bunch of these guys

It’s a fair concern for sure.   I’m definitely not a safe drafter in this format.   Funny side bar, Hunter Henry with his week 12 bye was a pick away in rd 5.  Was going to snap draft him.   🤣

Disagree on Hill.  I think Hill in the 4th is a great risk to take right now.  Agree on QBs.  Especially this year, I think waiting on QB will pay dividends, unless there is a screaming bargain (8th round + for Luck, Watson or Rodgers).  Also being very careful about the Week 12 bye week issue, but I understand Glidz's point.  If the team hits, it should make it into the championship round w/o winning the league championship.  Which is our goal, right?

Question - why don't you like Sutton in the 8th?  I think he is poised to have a breakout year; positive reports out of OTAs w/ Flacco.  Think he is an ideal WR3/WR4, that could move up in the year-end rankings.

Disagree on Hill.  I think Hill in the 4th is a great risk to take right now.  Agree on QBs.  Especially this year, I think waiting on QB will pay dividends, unless there is a screaming bargain (8th round + for Luck, Watson or Rodgers).  Also being very careful about the Week 12 bye week issue, but I understand Glidz's point.  If the team hits, it should make it into the championship round w/o winning the league championship.  Which is our goal, right?

Question - why don't you like Sutton in the 8th?  I think he is poised to have a breakout year; positive reports out of OTAs w/ Flacco.  Think he is an ideal WR3/WR4, that could move up in the year-end rankings.
personal opinion but when was the last time Joe Flacco was a positive for any #1 wr?? and #2 I think the Denver coach will try and run more this year. I also don't see Sutton as an elite talent vs. the defenses #1 cornerback. There are several other guys I prefer in that area of the draft so I never wind up with Sutton.

Here is mine from the weekend:

QB: Ryan, Cousins

RB: McCaffrey, Fournette, Ingram, Montgomery, Armstead, D Thompson, Q Ollison

WR: Hilton, Fuller, J Washington, N Harry, E Sanders, M Gallup

TE: McDonald, Njoku, Waller

DEF: DEN

K: Bailey

Aunt Jemima said:
posting a couple others for feedback

from 4

QB:  Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson
RB:  Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Williams, David Montgomery, Latavius Murray, Peyton Barber, Malcolm Brown
WR:  Antonio Brown, Calvin Ridley, Golden Tate, Mohamed Sanu, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, DeSean Jackson, Deebo Samuel
TE:  Evan Engram, Kyle Rudolph
PK:  Justin Tucker
TD:  Denver Broncos

from 7

QB:  Cam Newton, Jared Goff
RB:  Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, David Montgomery, Dion Lewis, Derrius Guice
WR:  JuJu Smith-Schuster, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder, TreQuan Smith, John Brown
TE:  Travis Kelce, Noah Fant, Greg Olsen
PK:  Wil Lutz
TD:  Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys
First: I like this team but WRs after Brown may need some help.  Ridley in particular concerns me as a WR2... I just don't see the target share there, esp. with Freeman back in the mix.  I like the Sanu pick later in the draft you have there.  I am also not big on Engram in the 4th.  That offense will be one of the 2 or 3 dumpster fires in the NFL this year.  Not sure about Barber.  Is there a scenario where you think you will really ever play him?  Probably some higher upside options there.  Anyhow, I think this team is solid and will compete for a playoff birth if the Engram returns to form and the TE spot works out (Rudolph is a good backup) and your WR2 works out.

Second: I like this team less.  WRs are really important in this contest, and those WRs/TE combo are going to lead this team to some big weeks, but I think it is tough to win consistently without being strong at RB.  I'd have looked for one of Mixon and/or Cook and/or Williams in the second round here.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

personal opinion but when was the last time Joe Flacco was a positive for any #1 wr?? and #2 I think the Denver coach will try and run more this year. I also don't see Sutton as an elite talent vs. the defenses #1 cornerback. There are several other guys I prefer in that area of the draft so I never wind up with Sutton.
Not to defend Flacco because I agree he’s pretty bad but he’s had trash at WR his whole career.  Boldin and an ancient Steve Smith were his best options in 11 seasons.  Both guys also had solid years with Flacco.   The list of WR trash in Baltimore is an extensive one.  I would sign for that Steve Smith season out of Sutton: 79/1065/6   

Well finally had time to draft a team.  Hated the spot i drafted from but oh well.

Wilson, J Allen

ingram, cohen, hyde, barber, burkhead, r anderson, d martin

hopkins, green, godwin, fuller, tate, d hamilton

ertz, njoku, doyle

minn, 

Well finally had time to draft a team.  Hated the spot i drafted from but oh well.

Wilson, J Allen

ingram, cohen, hyde, barber, burkhead, r anderson, d martin

hopkins, green, godwin, fuller, tate, d hamilton

ertz, njoku, doyle

minn, 
🤮

Here is mine from the weekend:

QB: Ryan, Cousins

RB: McCaffrey, Fournette, Ingram, Montgomery, Armstead, D Thompson, Q Ollison

WR: Hilton, Fuller, J Washington, N Harry, E Sanders, M Gallup

TE: McDonald, Njoku, Waller

DEF: DEN

K: Bailey
Looks pretty dam strong.  WR’s a little thin at the top but you probably will only play the 2 WR’s most weeks.  I like this one a lot.  You hit on any of those bench WR’s this could be a monster.  GL. 

Looks pretty dam strong.  WR’s a little thin at the top but you probably will only play the 2 WR’s most weeks.  I like this one a lot.  You hit on any of those bench WR’s this could be a monster.  GL. 
Thx.  Took some of your comments to heart from last weekend's team, which is why we post...

Wanted M Evans, but he was snagged right before Hilton pick.  Need Hilton to stay healthy.  If he does, I think we will look back on this draft as him being criminally under-drafted this year.

from the 12

Rodgers, Newton

Conner, Kerryon, Lindsay, Justin Jackson, Ballage

Mchael Thomas, Diggs, Fuller, Djax, Parker, Marquise brown, Keelan Cole

Ebron, Olsen, Gronk, Dissly

Denver Gould

7/10

Other than a couple of slow best ball leagues still going on, I'm probably done drafting. 3 teams in this contest. The team below I think has the most promise.
June 8th draft, from the 1. Highlighted guys are the guys I'll probably look at 1st when setting my weekly line up.

Wilson, Russell SEA, Winston, Jameis TB

Barber, Peyton TB, Barkley, Saquon NYG, Blue, Alfred JAC, Ingram, Mark BAL, Jones, Aaron GB, Lindsay, Phillip DEN

Enunwa, Quincy NYJ, Funchess, Devin IND, Gallup, Michael DAL, Hilton, T.Y. IND, Jones, Marvin DET, Stills, Kenny MIA, Sutton, Courtland DEN

Hooper, Austin ATL, Walker, Delanie TEN, Davis, Vernon WAS

Team Defense, MIN MIN, Gostkowski, Stephen NE

Notable rounds:
Hilton & A Jones at the 2/3 turn
Ingram & Lindsay 4/5
Hooper & Walker 6/7
Sutton & M Jones 8/9
Barber & Wilson 10/11
Gallup & Winston 12/13
Funchess & Stills 14/15

Given Fournette's unpredictability, I think Blue may have some value at some point. I have him almost everywhere.
Even with the challenge from RoJo, I like Barber's potential, especially getting him 10-12th rounds..

No suspension for Hill.  Whoa. 🤑🤑🤑

Mid 2nd rd pick now at the latest.  If not 1st rd.  Insane value for teams already drafted.   Was going 5th in real early ones.   

Mid 2nd rd pick now at the latest.  If not 1st rd.  Insane value for teams already drafted.   Was going 5th in real early ones.   
That team you started the thread with will be good.

Got him on 4 of my 6 teams so far.  Have him paired up with w/ various combinations of Julio, Adams, Hopkins.  Then have a team with Kamara, Chubb, Keenan, Cook at TE, A Robinson and Murray/Newton.  Screwed up my 6th round pick in that one, but otherwise feeling pretty good about that one.

Got him in the 7th in my first draft, but unfortunately that team wasn't my strongest, because, well, it was my first draft 😫

Yea I saw fantasymojo tweeted out his draft picks since they started.  Definitely quite a few rd 7’s early May.  Even into June there was a few drafts with him falling there.  One owner got him rd 11 in mid May.  No clue how that’s even possible for 11 owners all passing on him for 10 rds.  And it wasn’t even when the news first broke.   Odd.  Another guy got him rd 9.  Those are the outliers.  Mostly went from 7th-4th rd May-Yesterday.  Now  to 2nd/1st.  

Big edge to whoever manned up and took him.  James Connor-'ish.

Where does he go now?  Early- to mid- second?

Just finished this one from the 1 hole.  

QB: Winston (13), Cousins (18)

RB: Barkley (1), Drake (4), D Henderson (6), Coleman (7), Breida (15), Snell (16)

WR: Evans (2), Samuel (8), Tate (9), J Washington (10), Metcalf (11), Funchess (12), Isabella (14)

TE: Kittle (3), Henry (5),  Ian Thomas (17)

K: Maher (20)

Def: Clev (19)

Let’s hear some thoughts.  Was not expecting to see Kittle at the 2/3 turn.  Same with Drake/Henderson.   Just took what was there for me.  Had to slam WR’s hard there in those middle rds.   Pretty pleased overall.  

Just finished this one from the 1 hole.  

QB: Winston (13), Cousins (18)

RB: Barkley (1), Drake (4), D Henderson (6), Coleman (7), Breida (15), Snell (16)

WR: Evans (2), Samuel (8), Tate (9), J Washington (10), Metcalf (11), Funchess (12), Isabella (14)

TE: Kittle (3), Henry (5),  Ian Thomas (17)

K: Maher (20)

Def: Clev (19)

Let’s hear some thoughts.  Was not expecting to see Kittle at the 2/3 turn.  Same with Drake/Henderson.   Just took what was there for me.  Had to slam WR’s hard there in those middle rds.   Pretty pleased overall.  
looks solid to me, no big holes despite using a 3rd and a 5th on TE which normally seals your fate. Looking like a playoff team

Users who are viewing this thread