What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (5 Viewers)

I don’t buy it.  I’ve seen enough of Carlos Hyde.  If he didn’t totally suck , I’d feel a lot less comfortable buying Damien Will.  Now would I take him in the 2nd?  No why would I if I can get him mid-late 3rd.   That’s some Scientist ish.  But yea I’ll be snap drafting D Will in that spot. And when was the last time Reid rode a committee type backfield ? It was Jamaal Charles till he broke down those last couple seasons and then Kareem Hunt.  Going back to his Philly days it was like 90% Brian Westbrook.  He rolls with 1 primary back if there is one..
I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good about my 50% Darwin Thompson shares currently and O% Hyde, 0% Damien Will shares. Not sure if you saw this but DTrain is now taking goalline reps with the 1st string offense. ✌️

People are going to find out really fast they wasted a 2nd/3rd round pick on Damien WIll. What do you expect....guy hasn't been good his entire career with the exception of a 5 game stretch last year. Y'all did it to yourself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good about my 50% Darwin Thompson shares currently and O% Hyde, 0% Damien Will shares. Not sure if you saw this but DTrain is now taking goalline reps with the 1st string offense. ✌️

People are going to find out really fast they wasted a 2nd/3rd round pick on Damien WIll. What do you expect....guy hasn't been good his entire career with the exception of a 5 game stretch last year. Y'all did it to yourself. 
50% Darwin shares? So you own him on 1 team?  Lol.  Good luck man.  Just don’t disappear again like u did last season.  

-Da Gildz 

nittanylion said:
08/21 First of between 9-12 I'll be doing. From the #8:

30 RB in 1st 5 Rounds, 18 more in Rounds 8-10, many young'uns w upside steamed up between draft my buddy did on Sunday night, caught me a little by surprise. While I generally try to feel out my Drafts and pull QB and TE as late as I can before the cupboard goes bare, the secondary TE run happened earlier than I anticipated as well, and I didn't anticipate Duke steaming up to 8.03. First dilemma at 5.08 as RB's began drying out and Miles went at 5.07, leaving me to choose between Lindsay and Ekeler. Taking an RB there cost me a shot at TE Cook and McDonald. Felt a little weak-handed to take TE at 7.08 (went Hooper over DWalker and Andrews), and really let down when Duke didn't make it back to 8.05. Sutton at 9.08 cost me Justice, Darwin and Hunt. Samuels at 10.05 was a bit reactionary, and Singletary and Mattison went before I took DHarris at 11.08. I was the last Team to take a QB, but I'm OK with the Cousins/Rivers tandem (I'll deal w Week 12 in-season), and getting them in 13/15 felt decent. I'm enamored with the upside of a healthy Eifert in enhanced PPR, but deflated when Mecole Hardman went in the 14th right after I took him. Cobb in the 16th felt...impotent. Didn't think my stable of young RB with upside would be handcuff Samuels + Harris/Hilliard/DxWilliams. Missed out on all my guys that I thought would populate that space. See what happens down the road with a bunch of picks in the Top 5 coming up in the next week.

Cousins / Rivers

Conner / Henry / Lindsay / Samuels / DHarris / Hilliard / DxWilliams

Adams / Hilton / ARob / Fuller / Sutton / Cobb

Hooper / Goedert / Eifert

Lutz / Saints
Solid team here. Good balance.

Think Darwin would have been better than Sutton in 9. I have Sutton in a few places but not overly excited about it. Darwin could crush a 9th round pick if he gets a shot.

Lindsay probably a good value in 5 there if Freeman is as slow as I've heard.

Solid team here. Good balance.

Think Darwin would have been better than Sutton in 9. I have Sutton in a few places but not overly excited about it. Darwin could crush a 9th round pick if he gets a shot.

Lindsay probably a good value in 5 there if Freeman is as slow as I've heard.
Lindsay has looked pretty crappy himself.   Not buying that in the 5th rd either.   Still prefer Freeman 3 rds later.  Probably even take Sanders over Lindsay at this point.  9/24 yds in his 2 games.  If he’s not used alot as a receiver , I don’t see how he’s a value anywhere near rd 5.   Freeman should be the guy used at the goal line also.  I’m high on Sutton this yr.  Auto pick for me in rd 9.   He’s an ideal fit for Flacco’s skill set.   Who else is catching balls there in Denver??

Made sure I got my share of Darwin after that debate..

Pick #4

QB  Aaron, Josh

RB  Ezekiel, Kerryon, Leonard, Melvin, Darwin, Damiem {with the H), Jaamal, Malcolm

WR  Julian, Alshon, Curtis, Tyrell, Marquise, Marquise

TE  Jordan, Darren

K   Ka'imi

D   Boston

Melvin going rd 5 now I see.  Where’s the bottom fall out?  7th? 8th? Solid Zeke.  Assuming the other Zeke signs any day now.  Melvin not so much.  Could be a monster here or a bottom feeder.  GL

Pick #4

QB  Aaron, Josh

RB  Ezekiel, Kerryon, Leonard, Melvin, Darwin, Damiem {with the H), Jaamal, Malcolm

TE  Jordan, Darren

K   Ka'imi

D   Boston
Little weak if Zeke isn't in the fold.  I think Melvin is dead weight, it will be too late for most teams that have him if he even does come back at week 9 and then still has a bye week.  If Zeke is there then its a balanced team outside of TE.  Good Luck

What round did you draft Thompson in?

Did my first Main Event last night.  It was a lot different obviously.  Happy with my team but waited on both QB and TE.  I will have zero problems with starting a flex all year though. lol

Lindsay has looked pretty crappy himself.   Not buying that in the 5th rd either.   Still prefer Freeman 3 rds later.  Probably even take Sanders over Lindsay at this point.  9/24 yds in his 2 games.  If he’s not used alot as a receiver , I don’t see how he’s a value anywhere near rd 5.   Freeman should be the guy used at the goal line also.  I’m high on Sutton this yr.  Auto pick for me in rd 9.   He’s an ideal fit for Flacco’s skill set.   Who else is catching balls there in Denver??
I grabbed Sanders in the 7th.... just sayin

Pick #4

QB  Aaron, Josh

TE  Jordan, Darren

K   Ka'imi

D   Boston
You're welcome on D.T.  Great late (mid round now) round flyer.  Have him on 1/3rd of my teams when I could get him in the 12th +.  Looks like you got him in the 9th? Not sure the risk is warranted for a 7th/8th rounder, where I have heard people have reached for him now.  Dude I hope Melvin comes back too.  I have lots of shares of him, and honestly I still categorically would not pass him up in the 5th round on principal alone.  If you have any balls at all, you have to take him there.  Next year I am skewing my draft percentage to late August to draft for sure. 

Logically, Melvin should come back, but sometimes egos carry the day I guess.  He's going to wind up losing a lot of $$$ in his prime earning years, and LAC can basically punish him with fines.

Will be a good team if Zeke and Melvin are back, but I am officially worried about the latter.  If they hold out this team is in trouble for sure.  Also probably would have taken Evans instead of Kerryon to balance the team out and have a WR with a true shot at WR1 status.  No one on this roster has a real chance to hit WR1 status.  But yeah big gamble on the holdouts w/o their cuffs.  So this one is for all upside... gl.

Did my first Main Event last night.  It was a lot different obviously.  Happy with my team but waited on both QB and TE.  I will have zero problems with starting a flex all year though. lol
Where did Melvin and Zeke go?

Where did Melvin and Zeke go?
Saw a Main board last night.  Zeke went 5 overall.  Melvin @ 4.6.  Board as a whole didn’t look all that different from an FBG draft.  Drake is rising again.  Not a surprise after seeing Ballage the other night.   Wish I had some more Drake at the discounted price.  Went 6.5 in this main last night  

Saw a Main board last night.  Zeke went 5 overall.  Melvin @ 4.6.  Board as a whole didn’t look all that different from an FBG draft.  Drake is rising again.  Not a surprise after seeing Ballage the other night.   Wish I had some more Drake at the discounted price.  Went 6.5 in this main last night  
Thx.

leftcoastheel said:
You're welcome on D.T.  Great late (mid round now) round flyer.  Have him on 1/3rd of my teams when I could get him in the 12th +.  
No you’re welcome! I have home on 1/2 mine and I was driving the Dtrain here all along. Y’all a bunch of D Williams lovers.

Pretty pumped about this one tonight from the 6 slot.

Baker (10)

DJ (1) , Aaron Jones (3), Mack (4), Miles Sanders (5), Breida (8), Ronald Jones (13), Crockett (15)

OBJ (2), Robinson (6), AJG (7), Tate (11), Moncrief (12), Funchess (16), Paris (19), Stills (20)

Andrews (9), Everett (17)

Tucker (14)

DAL (18)

Crazy with Luck.  Guess my 12th rd Luck share not such a steal anymore.   Sorry to the Hilton owners.   And let’s hear some more about the demise of Damien Will.  Weeeee.....🔥💥🔥

🤣🤣🤣

Crazy with Luck.  Guess my 12th rd Luck share not such a steal anymore.   Sorry to the Hilton owners.   And let’s hear some more about the demise of Damien Will.  Weeeee.....🔥💥🔥

🤣🤣🤣
mine too.  one share of luck in the 12th and one share of TY.  Both done.

Pretty pumped about this one tonight from the 6 slot.

Baker (10)

DJ (1) , Aaron Jones (3), Mack (4), Miles Sanders (5), Breida (8), Ronald Jones (13), Crockett (15)

OBJ (2), Robinson (6), AJG (7), Tate (11), Moncrief (12), Funchess (16), Paris (19), Stills (20)

Andrews (9), Everett (17)

Tucker (14)

DAL (18)
Nice team.  WR2 will struggle.  OBJ in the mid 2nd is great value.  I would say the same about Mack less the Luck news.  Same with Funchess and Paris.  I like the first half of your draft much more than the second but I am at present hammered.  GL.

3 hole today

QB:  Cam Newton, Kyler Murray
RB:  Christian McCaffrey, Marlon Mack, Royce Freeman, Jalen Richard, Tony Pollard, Chase Edmonds, Malcolm Brown
WR:  Tyreek Hill, Antonio Brown, Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Will Fuller, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Goodwin
TE:  Vance McDonald, Tyler Eifert
PK:  Jake Elliott
TD:  Houston Texans

3 hole today

QB:  Cam Newton, Kyler Murray
RB:  Christian McCaffrey, Marlon Mack, Royce Freeman, Jalen Richard, Tony Pollard, Chase Edmonds, Malcolm Brown
WR:  Tyreek Hill, Antonio Brown, Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Will Fuller, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Goodwin
TE:  Vance McDonald, Tyler Eifert
PK:  Jake Elliott
TD:  Houston Texans
Nice draft.

First draft for the year as I'm mostly playing dynasties this year. Out of the 11 spot which I think is a tough spot this year. 

QB: Big Ben, Darnold

RB: James Conner, Josh Jacobs, Rashaad Penny, Jalen Richard, Tony Pollard, Ty Montgomery

WR: Odell Beckham, Cooper Kupp, Sammy Watkins, Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate, KeeSean Johnson, DaeSean Hamilton

TE: Evan Engram, Jared Cook, Jordan Thomas

K: Prater

D: Saints

First draft for the year as I'm mostly playing dynasties this year. Out of the 11 spot which I think is a tough spot this year. 

QB: Big Ben, Darnold

RB: James Conner, Josh Jacobs, Rashaad Penny, Jalen Richard, Tony Pollard, Ty Montgomery

WR: Odell Beckham, Cooper Kupp, Sammy Watkins, Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate, KeeSean Johnson, DaeSean Hamilton

TE: Evan Engram, Jared Cook, Jordan Thomas

K: Prater

😧 Saints
First 5 pick combo is pretty good, although I think Jacobs has a lot risk, from a difficult draft slot; not sure thereafter.  Looks like you'll be flexing Cook and another flex will have to work out.  I'd have tried to get different guys in the mid rounds; Samuels in the 9th or 10th would have been good.  I don't think Big Ben has the same kind of year this year, but QBs should be serviceable... should be able to get a QB1 out of one of them.  It will play, but its JAT as Gildz would say, as many are from the 11 spot.  gl.

Zeke you crushed that Main the other night.  Just saw the board.  Love how teams are now gift wrapping Henderson to the Gurley owner.  Makes Gurley that much more desirable in the 2nd for me.  Reed makes me a bit nervous now tho.  Not sure he even plays at this point.  Outside of the TE position, it was 🔥.   Still debating on whether I should put 1 in.   Which means I’ll be putting 1 in.  GL

First: I like this team but WRs after Brown may need some help.  Ridley in particular concerns me as a WR2... I just don't see the target share there, esp. with Freeman back in the mix.  I like the Sanu pick later in the draft you have there.  I am also not big on Engram in the 4th.  That offense will be one of the 2 or 3 dumpster fires in the NFL this year.  Not sure about Barber.  Is there a scenario where you think you will really ever play him?  Probably some higher upside options there.  Anyhow, I think this team is solid and will compete for a playoff birth if the Engram returns to form and the TE spot works out (Rudolph is a good backup) and your WR2 works out.

Second: I like this team less.  WRs are really important in this contest, and those WRs/TE combo are going to lead this team to some big weeks, but I think it is tough to win consistently without being strong at RB.  I'd have looked for one of Mixon and/or Cook and/or Williams in the second round here.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.
so I was looking back at this one and probably my favorite of my early drafts, on the 'weaker rbs' I got Kerryon mid 4, David Montgomery mid 5, and Carson mid 7. All their ADP's have decreased significantly since then. That it allowed me to start Kelce, JuJu, and Cooper (ok Cooper not great but rd3 isn't end of world given it was pre injury) seems to make this one solid all around

From the 3rd spot

QB:  B Mayfield, D Brees
RB:  A Kamara, M Gordon, D Guice, J Jackson, E McGuire
WR:  M Evans, K Allen, W Fuller, E Sanders, A Miller, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, P Williams
TE:  OJ Howard, C Herndon, D Goedert, T Eifert
PK:  J Elliott
TD:  Denver

so I was looking back at this one and probably my favorite of my early drafts, on the 'weaker rbs' I got Kerryon mid 4, David Montgomery mid 5, and Carson mid 7. All their ADP's have decreased significantly since then. That it allowed me to start Kelce, JuJu, and Cooper (ok Cooper not great but rd3 isn't end of world given it was pre injury) seems to make this one solid all around
Yeah, Cooper has plantar fasciitis.  I had that once from overuse.  It is incredibly painful and chronic and can lead to other problems - a very serious condition.  Maybe I am jaded, but for me he is DND.  

I still don't love Kerryon as a RB1, and I think winning this thing really requires a stud (should have been more clear in my post).  I could be proven wrong.  I think he is overdrafted at current ADP, but will concede you got good value here in the 4th.  I have several shares of Montgomery in the 5th too, and I agree his intrinsic value is up.  BUT still have to consider Mike Davis and Tarik - despite the hype there is undeniable uncertainty about what his use and total volume will be; don't count your chickens yet.  Carson is the real value here and I totally agree.  He is legit to take in the third round now.  Getting him in the 7th is amazing.  I took him in the 5th and 6th on multiple early teams.  I still like him at the end 3/4 turn now, and he may have upside.

But yeah this team wound up nice with Kelce as a first round pick, which IMO is hard to navigate and construct a solid squad.  good luck.

Ok, this is my one and only main event team from tonight. What a weird draft it was, totally different from the FBG's I've done. What do you think

Mahomes, Ryan (11th rd)

kamara, Gurley, Ertz, Henry, Lewis, Henderson, Hyde

Watkins, Fuller, Anderson, Moncrief, parker, goodwin, crabtree

Ertz, Olsen, Gronk (just in case)

Zeuerlein

Phil (Washington week 1)

Ok, this is my one and only main event team from tonight. What a weird draft it was, totally different from the FBG's I've done. What do you think

Mahomes, Ryan (11th rd)

kamara, Gurley, Ertz, Henry, Lewis, Henderson, Hyde

Watkins, Fuller, Anderson, Moncrief, parker, goodwin, crabtree

Ertz, Olsen, Gronk (just in case)

Zeuerlein

Phil (Washington week 1)
Weird draft to be sure. 

Stuff to debate here but IMO going to be tough.  Taking a TE then a QB in the first four rounds is problematic if you don't nut the next 4 - 5 rounds, which I don't think you did (its hard to do).  I get what happened - you took Erts at 3.03 and then Mahomes is available somehow at 4.10 then Henry at 5.03, can't pass that up.  Unfort., this team has limited upside in both the mid rounds and back half of the draft IMO.  Henderson is good to cuff Gurley, but the rest is meh.  Hyde undraftable now FWIW, let someone else take him.  You're gonna be way behind at WR all season and probably your 2nd flex, and it's way harder to find WRs w/ a path to WR1 than RBs w/ a path to RB1.  Ryan was a really good pick in the 11th, too bad you cannot start Mahomes and Ryan in this contest....... gl.

Da Gildz said:
Zeke you crushed that Main the other night.  Just saw the board.  Love how teams are now gift wrapping Henderson to the Gurley owner.  Makes Gurley that much more desirable in the 2nd for me.  Reed makes me a bit nervous now tho.  Not sure he even plays at this point.  Outside of the TE position, it was 🔥.   Still debating on whether I should put 1 in.   Which means I’ll be putting 1 in.  GL
Drafted that one sober Andrew..  Drank till 9 Saturday mornin from the time I got home from work on Friday.. Took a nap for a couple hours and got up and joined that Main for Saturday nite.. Prolly the only time I've drafted sober in years.. Was surprised what fell in that draft considering it was a Main.. Reed's concussion sucks.. He was the healthiest he's been in years.. You know damn well you're going to do at least one Main yourself..Half a Mill man "Da Gildz Won team Won Time"

Earlier from the #4. Very pleased.

Big Ben / Cousins

McCaffrey / Kerryon / Ingram / Ekeler / Pollard / DHarris / Armstead

Evans / Woods / MV-S / Washington / Hardman / Beasley / Higgins

McDonald / DWalker

Butker / Eagles

Earlier from the #4. Very pleased.

Big Ben / Cousins

McCaffrey / Kerryon / Ingram / Ekeler / Pollard / DHarris / Armstead

Evans / Woods / MV-S / Washington / Hardman / Beasley / Higgins

McDonald / DWalker

Butker / Eagles
Very solid.  CMac falling to 4 is crazy.  Balanced team with nice upside.   

Drafted that one sober Andrew..  Drank till 9 Saturday mornin from the time I got home from work on Friday.. Took a nap for a couple hours and got up and joined that Main for Saturday nite.. Prolly the only time I've drafted sober in years.. Was surprised what fell in that draft considering it was a Main.. Reed's concussion sucks.. He was the healthiest he's been in years.. You know damn well you're going to do at least one Main yourself..Half a Mill man "Da Gildz Won team Won Time"
That’s got a nice ring to it Zeke. 

Here are a few for you to look at.

Team 1

k. cousins, t brady

D. Freeman, M. Sanders, L. Murray, D. Thompson, D. Harris, A. Mattison

D. Hopkins, M. Thomas, J. Edelman, M. Williams, S. Watkins, K. Coutee, AJ Brown

D. Walker, T. Eifert, J. Whitten (the old man crew)

Rams, Prater

Team 2

K. Murray, K. Cousins

A. Jones, A. Ekeler, K. Drake, D. Guice, R. Jones, Q Ollison

D. Adams, M. Thomas, C. Godwin, TY Hilton, Z. Jones, M. Goodwin, AJ Brown

Goedert, Eifert, Herndon

Bears, Fairbairn

Da Gildz Won Team Won Time.  

From the 6:

QB:  Winston (13), Lamar Jax (14)

RB:  Cook (2), Sanders (5), Lindsay (6), Drake (7),  Henderson (9), Hilliard (15), Hill (20) 

WR:  Hopkins (1), A Brown (3), Godwin (4), C Davis (8), Pettis (10), D Hamilton (19)

TE:  Herndon (11), Olsen (12), Witten (18)

K:  Tucker (16)

Def: LA (17)

Earlier this evening from the #1:

Brady / Prescott

Barkley / Fournette / AJones / Ingram / Mattison / Armstead

RWoods / Landry / Fuller / Watkins / Allison / Hardman / Boykin

DWalker / Eifert / Brate

Butker / Saints

From the 5th.  My only share of Elliot.  One of my few high draft picks this year, if you can cal 5th that.

Winston, Cousins

Elliot, D Will, Mack, Ingram, Thompson, Samuels, Hunt, Hines, D Johnson

Hill, Jeffery, Samuel, Washington , K Johnson, Isabella

Andrews

Tavecchio, NO

Da Gildz Won Team Won Time.  

From the 6:

QB:  Winston (13), Lamar Jax (14)

RB:  Cook (2), Sanders (5), Lindsay (6), Drake (7),  Henderson (9), Hilliard (15), Hill (20) 

WR:  Hopkins (1), A Brown (3), Godwin (4), C Davis (8), Pettis (10), D Hamilton (19)

TE:  Herndon (11), Olsen (12), Witten (18)

K:  Tucker (16)

Def: LA (17)
Nice team "half a mil man."  Need the Rb2 to work out and Herndon to not suck in the latter portion of the season and you should be looking good.  Although I don't know why anyone is taking Cory Davis anywhere.  I'd draft him in like the 15th round lol.  Hilliard's really a thing, huh.  I need to look into that.  Pettis has upside but I've faded him hard.  10th is probably right, perhaps aggressive, as of now.

Earlier this evening from the #1:

Brady / Prescott

Barkley / Fournette / AJones / Ingram / Mattison / Armstead

RWoods / Landry / Fuller / Watkins / Allison / Hardman / Boykin

DWalker / Eifert / Brate

Butker / Saints
Another nice one but I don't think as good as the last.  Great RBs, love the fournette backup.  WRs, TEs and QBs all not bad at all but kinda not great with not a lotta upside.  Woods will be good, low-end WR1 upside.  I got stuck with an awesome team with Prescott as my QB too.  I think he will be OK if punches a couple rushing TDs in.  Worried about Cooper.  gl.

Users who are viewing this thread