What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

worst smelling/best tasting and best smelling/worst tasting (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
my kid discovered the wonders of vanilla extract's aroma tonight and just how freaking awful it actually tastes solo  :thumbup:

mr. furley said:
my kid discovered the wonders of vanilla extract's aroma tonight and just how freaking awful it actually tastes solo  :thumbup:
You make Vanilla Extract by soaking vanilla beans in alcohol for a couple months. No wonder he didn't like the taste!

Recipe:

8 oz. Glass Bottle or Jar

7 Vanilla Beans

1 cup Vodka 70 Proof/35% Alcohol (or you can also use Bourbon, Rum or Brandy; any brand/quality)

Step 1: SLICE

Slice each bean once long-ways and place in bottle. (If it helps to cut them into smaller, tootsie roll-sized pieces so they fit in the bottle more easily, go for it).

Step 2: POUR

Pour one cup of vodka, rum or alcohol of your choice (no cheating now -- the whole cup needs to go into the bottle). Make sure vanilla beans are completely submerged.

Step 3: SHAKE

Shake once or twice a week - for best results, shimmy to the beat of "Rock Lobster" by the B52's.

Step 4: WAIT

Wait about 8 weeks (plenty of time to research oodles of scrumptious Baking Recipes)
Presto, your alcohol has turned into delicious vanilla! Store it at room temp and out of direct sunlight, and you can enjoy this puppy til' the last drop!

Fish is worst smelling best tasting. Hard boiled eggs up there. Maybe certain cheeses, but sometimes they stink and just taste bad.

Can't think of tastes bad smells good. Maybe super hoppy IPA. Not a fan but don't mind the smell.

Liver and onions .. your choice where it falls but just know it is one of favorite meals. ;)
My wife's family tells a story of their mom making a L&O meal in the crock-pot, setting the table, opening the pot, serving, taking a taste, and then going to McDonalds because it was sooooo nasty.

Liver and onions .. your choice where it falls but just know it is one of my favorite meals. ;)
Definitely best smelling/worst tasting contender.

All my youthful years devoted cartoons, and this thread, have inspired me to try Limburger  cheese. ... next time I see it discounted for immediate sale.

From the Asian side of things, worst smelling best tasting, I'll go with kim chee and dried ika (cuttlefish).

My brother doesn't like watermelon either.  He's another weirdo.   j/k GB.  
couple summers ago when i was coaching my kid's soccer team there was a family that brought a big ### watermelon to the last game. their shared treat. 

then proceeded to, between the two adults and 1 five year old... demolish the whole thing. 

it was such a spectacle that i could not look away.

couple summers ago when i was coaching my kid's soccer team there was a family that brought a big ### watermelon to the last game. their shared treat. 

then proceeded to, between the two adults and 1 five year old... demolish the whole thing. 

Did you want/expect them to violate it sexually? 

It's watermelon.

You eat it.

PTSD?

It's sooo good to hear others that despise coffee. I agree that every once in a while it smells good, but I can't taste coffee or anything that is coffee flavored.

Also RE: Watermelon, it doesn’t taste bad, but it’s not that great and certainly not worth the effort to prepare and then you usually get watermelon juice running all over you

Users who are viewing this thread