What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many other countries have you visited? (1 Viewer)

Well?

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • 2-5

Votes: 61 26.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 51 21.9%
  • 20+

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters

Jayrod

Footballguy
The "Outside the country for retirement" thread got me wondering how many of us are world travelers.

I consider myself to be fairly well traveled, having been to 7 foreign countries.  I'm just curious how that stacks up.

And for the record, I consider a layover in an airport not "visiting" the country, because Heathrow ain't really the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
My list is:

Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Ecuador, Germany, Spain and The Czech Republic.

Really loved the European countries and Ecuador.

Cuba, Curacao, Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Turkey, France, Italy, Greece, Israel, Spain, China, Japan, Australia, India, Philippines, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, UK (Diego Garcia), Dominican Republic, and the United Arab Emirates

Also Guam

Oh, and California

Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Sicily, Turkey, England, Greece, Crete, Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, S. Korea, Japan. 

Does Canada count?

Canada - Mexico - Costa Rica - Belize - Antigua - Barbados - Aruba - Dominican Republic - England - Ireland - Northern Ireland - Iceland and California 

Less than ten.

Mexico, Canada, Australia, Italy, Spain, Portugal, I think a few others, but I was really too young for it to count.

I'm not in Doctor Detroit or Krista4 territory, but here goes.

Canada,  Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Trinidad, Saint Lucia ,Dominican Republic, Korea, China, Japan, Australia, Spain, France, England, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Singapore

18 - Canada - Mexico - Panama - Costa Rica - Colombia - Brazil - South Africa - Zimbabwe - Zambia - Spain - Portugal - Austria - Hungary - Czech - German - Netherlands - Japan - China.

And Hong Kong - whatever you want to label that. 

ETA: Forgot Italy. 19.

Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Egypt, France, and the Netherlands. Currently planning for Thailand.

16, or 17 if you count USVI: Mexico, Canada, jamaica, ?virgin islands, japan, Thailand, New Zealand, Argentina, Peru, Guatemala, Great Britain, France, Germany, Belgium, netherlands, Denmark, Norway

USVI, BVI, Mexico, Canada, Bahamas, Bermuda, Jamaica, Denmark, France, Germany, Austria, Cezch Republic, Lichtenstein, Switzerland.  Really need to do Southern Europe next.

6-10. Grouped by trips taken:
Canada
Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia
Jamaica
Mexico

I have two little lists I keep with me at my desk:

Primary destinations
One of {Japan, South Korea}
UK golf trip with my dad and brother
Old world trip to one of {Greece, Rome}

Secondary destinations
Peru
Oktoberfest in Germany
Australia

Work - Colombia, Malaysia, Qatar, Germany, Canada, Mexico

Vacation - Switzerland, Austria, France (Germany and Canada again)

Not many, hopefully when the kids get a little older we can do some traveling.

I was beginning to count the countries until I saw the poll options. I think I was at 20 by the time I was 20. :flex:

43 or so depending on whether or not you include Puerto Rico and Hong Kong. Need to up my game to get 50 by 50. 

Canada
Mexico
Bahamas
Bermuda
Turks and Caicos
Puerto Rico (yes/no?)
Dominican Republic
St. Kitts
Antigua
Barbuda
St. Lucia
Dominica
Honduras
Jamaica
Grand Cayman
Barbados
Trinidad and Tobago
Argentina
Brazil
England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
Denmark
France
Spain
Portugal
Germany
Italy
Luxembourg
Lichtenstein
Switzerland
Austria
Monaco
Croatia
Russia
Jordan
China
Japan
Hong Kong (yes/no?)

Lived overseas a fair bit as a kid.  Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, England, France, Japan, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic, Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas. 

Canada, Mexico, England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands.

Next international trip will be a cruise that'll include Cayman Islands

gianmarco said:
Canada, Bahamas, Aruba, Panama, Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, England, Miami.
After living here for the past 9 years, you can count Miami as a foreign country as long as you don't also include Cuba in your list. 

2, Mexico and Canada. I still have no real desire to go anywhere else right now. There are so many great places here in the USA to visit.

This is definitely one of those polls where FBG socioeconomic demographics play a huge role. I'd imagine the vast majority of Americans are 1 or less while here with be double digits.

Canada, Mexico, Peru, England, Ireland, Scotland, Greece, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy.

This is definitely one of those polls where FBG socioeconomic demographics play a huge role. 
Good point. I would say mine are 50/50 "work" versus personal.

I was lucky enough to move to England right after graduating from high school and spent two summers with a Eurail pass at 18 years old. That's where most of the Europe was added. My career of 20+ years has been in the travel industry which is where most of the other half came from. 

There are also two countries that I was within 2 miles of, but have never visited; Canada (went to Tiger Stadium in Detroit) and Austria (went to Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany).

St. Lucia, Aruba, Mexico, Japan

That list is going to grow considerably after my kid goes off to college in a year or so.

None yet. Just haven't had the opportunity. But check back with me in 10 years. I'll have the beginnings of what will be an impressive list. :thumbup:  #goals

Sigh.  Canada and Mexico for me. 

But I can say that I've seen 80ish percent of the good ol US of A, mostly through a 6-week jaunt by car with a buddy of mine right after college.

I want to travel more.  I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance, sadly.

Does Antarctica count as a country?

Iceland, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Costa Rica, Argentina, Chile, Antarctica. 

Iceland, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Costa Rica, Argentina, Chile, Antarctica. 
It is a de facto international condominium governed by a treaty that is signed by 40 separate nations.

For the purposes of this pole, I'd say yes.

Looks like you also did the Baltic cruise? Man that was great. 
Correct! Wasn't that awesome? St Petersburg was amazing, but our favorite stop was probably Talin. Just a cool city. 

We did this for our Honeymoon. We might have been the youngest couple on the boat. It seemed like 95% of the boat was retired, but they loved some newlyweds. 

I've lived on 3 continents (North America, Europe and Asia) and in 5 countries (Canada, UK, Hong Kong, Belgium and USA).  I spent a summer in Kenya with my great uncle--does that count? If so, add a continent and country to the above list.

I've probably visited 50+ but have never taken the time to count. I'm betting   @Doctor Detroit  is going to have the most by far if he checks in.

I lived abroad for 10 years,  mostly in Japan and Australia.  Here's the list:

Australia,  New Zealand,  Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, South Korea, Belgium, the Netherlands,  Czech Republic, Germany,  Poland, Estonia,  Latvia,  Lithuania, Finland, Russia, Mongolia, China, Canada, France, South Africa,  Zimbabwe,  Zambia, India,  Nepal

I've been to Puerto Rico, but, as we all know, that is part of America. I've also been to Hong Kong,  but after 1997, so it was China.

Stepped on the ground in Dubai and Laos, but only at the airport.

I've had connecting flights in a few additional countries but I didn't count those. I'm sure that matters to a lot of you.

Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Ireland, England, Scotland, Sweden, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, India, China (17).

Not sure if England/Scotland should be counted separate but I did, and add Puerto Rico and Hong Kong if we're counting them separate (19).    :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread