What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Man Beaten to Death After Stealing Car With Kids Inside, Police Say (1 Viewer)

KCitons said:
Does this open the door for other dads to kill anyone that, either intentionally or unintentionally, attempts to do harm to a child?

Here's another example. 

Murder victim's sons jump their mother's killer at hearing

This one didn't end with the perp being killed. Are we devolving in how society is going to handle things moving forward? Asking for a friend.
It absolutely does not open the door.  Not quite sure how you got to that conclusion based on my post. I was responded to a post for saying the family was 100% at fault for leaving the kids in the car running.  I never justified killing the guy over it.

It absolutely does not open the door.  Not quite sure how you got to that conclusion based on my post. I was responded to a post for saying the family was 100% at fault for leaving the kids in the car running.  I never justified killing the guy over it.
KC don't stop can't stop won't stop. 

Here is your quote. You never justified killing the guy. But you said he paid the price. 

Pipes said:
Agreed but you said the only reason this happened because they victim left their car running with the kids in it.  Yeah that’s dumb but it’s not the only reason. The car thief is ultimately the one to blame and he paid the price.  
Did he overpay?

Does the father and the mob now have to pay the price?

KC don't stop can't stop won't stop. 
Coming off some of your posts, I don't think you're qualified to throw stones. 

But, thanks for the levity. 

We have people here that are clinging to some barbaric reasons to justify this death. Lot's of what ifs and hearsay. I've tried to back my argument up with facts.  

Coming off some of your posts, I don't think you're qualified to throw stones. 

But, thanks for the levity. 

We have people here that are clinging to some barbaric reasons to justify this death. Lot's of what ifs and hearsay. I've tried to back my argument up with facts.  
Yeah, it really wasn't that serious of a comment. More that you were sort of truckin' along with your point of view, undeterred.

As for my posts, they run the gamut of brilliant to truly brilliant. Brilliance is simply in the eye of its creator. 

Lot of people commenting in here who either: 

1) didn’t actually read the article

2) aren’t very bright when it comes to reading comprehension 

:popcorn:  

FWIW, here is some additional info I didn't see in the linked article. After the dad got the thief out of the car he fled. The "mob" didn't get involved until after that:

"There was an initial altercation between Mr. Hood and the father of the children and that was the time that he was removed from the vehicle at 29th and York Street. However, I don't want to speculate as to whether the father’s involvement continued after that point," Smith said.

Chief Inspector Scott Small said Hood then tried to run away and again the boyfriend was able to catch up, this time a half-block away, leading to a fight.

"Then other males from the neighborhood intervened and began punching and kicking the male who took the vehicle," Samll said, "to the point where he was rendered unconscious."

"The crowd kicked and punched Mr. Hood until the arrival of responding police,” Smith added. “At some point Mr. Hood became unresponsive."

He was 54 years old. Do you have a link to his criminal record?

Since you seem to side with street justice, let me propose this "what if" scenario:

Mr Crip is stand on a corner selling drugs. Mr Blood believes that area is Blood turf. So, Mr Blood does a drive by and shoots at Mr Crip, missing him. But, his intent was to kill Mr Crip. An hour later, Mr Crip sees Mr Blood standing on another corner. Mr Crip shoots Mr Blood and kills him. 

Should Mr Crip be charged with murder? Or should we chalk it up to street justice?
so if the car thief doesn't die, this is all good?

FWIW, here is some additional info I didn't see in the linked article. After the dad got the thief out of the car he fled. The "mob" didn't get involved until after that:

"There was an initial altercation between Mr. Hood and the father of the children and that was the time that he was removed from the vehicle at 29th and York Street. However, I don't want to speculate as to whether the father’s involvement continued after that point," Smith said.

Chief Inspector Scott Small said Hood then tried to run away and again the boyfriend was able to catch up, this time a half-block away, leading to a fight.

"Then other males from the neighborhood intervened and began punching and kicking the male who took the vehicle," Samll said, "to the point where he was rendered unconscious."

"The crowd kicked and punched Mr. Hood until the arrival of responding police,” Smith added. “At some point Mr. Hood became unresponsive."
Based on these new facts, I agree with KC that charges appear to be warranted against the crowd (not sure about dad given the statement above declining to note whether he was involved after Hood fled).  While I agree that killing the kidnapper in order to save the kids is not necessarily charge-worthy, killing the kidnapper as a form of retribution for his actions (as it increasingly appears to be the case here) should not be condoned or permitted without consequence.

Users who are viewing this thread