What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Athletes That Are Universally Respected And Liked (2 Viewers)

Sorry, but no way. Pretty obnoxious guy, and besides, after making the second out of the inning, he was smoking a cigarette and having a beer when Mookie Wilson's grounder went under Buckner's legs in 1986. 
Hmm, not a baseball guy.  Just thought that he was a well liked guy to the point that he was the ballplayer that Seinfeld got for that bit.  Ok, I'll remove him from the list. 

Shaquille O'Neal?  Back in Orlando he used to buy kids' Christmas - lots of $$ spent.  It was really cool stuff.  I always thought he was a straight up guy and never have heard anything negative about him.

Hmm, not a baseball guy.  Just thought that he was a well liked guy to the point that he was the ballplayer that Seinfeld got for that bit.  Ok, I'll remove him from the list. 
Major drug use for a time also.  Probably the biggest reason he's not in the HOF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh...

On New Year's Eve 2008, TMZ published a story that said Fitzgerald had been ordered to stay away from [former girlfriend Angela] Nazario. It detailed the allegations, gleaned from court documents, that she leveled against him -- that after the two began quarreling, Fitzgerald challenged her to a play fight. Nazario said she swung at Fitzgerald, who then pushed her. He "grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room." When Nazario tried to leave with their son, she said Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor…. was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" When she made it to her car, Nazario said she realized Fitzgerald had pulled out chunks of her hair.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/95846100/arizona-cardinals-larry-fitzgerald-domestic-violence-accusation-tmz
Wow, did NOT know that. 

Tim Duncan and David Robinson are good ones.  I'd include Steph Curry out of current players.   Larry Fitzgerald is the standard for the NFL.   Calvin Johnson is another.   Current players that are there but some are still young are Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Pat mahomes, Deshaun Watson, James Conner, and Saquon Barkley.  I'm sure I'm forgetting several.   Dale Jr and Jimmie Johnson from NASCAR.  Max Scherzer and Mike Trout come to mind for baseball.  Federer in tennis for sure.

Tim Duncan and David Robinson are good ones.  I'd include Steph Curry out of current players.   Larry Fitzgerald is the standard for the NFL.   Calvin Johnson is another.   Current players that are there but some are still young are Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Pat mahomes, Deshaun Watson, James Conner, and Saquon Barkley.  I'm sure I'm forgetting several.   Dale Jr and Jimmie Johnson from NASCAR.  Max Scherzer and Mike Trout come to mind for baseball.  Federer in tennis for sure.
Russell Wilson is a corny ######## prima donna.

Not sure I totally agree on Gretzky, as some saw him as a crybaby in his playing days.

As long as we're talking hockey, I'd submit Steve Yzerman, Nicklas Lidstrom and the Sedin brothers.
I don't think Blues fans would agree he broke their hearts too many times.

The problem is that like actors nobody knows the true person only the public person.  Kirby Puckett was adored by fans as one of the good guys type of player and we find out he was just not a good person at all.   Look at Chris Berman, we all looked at him like the good guy funny man but behind the scenes he is known as a tyrant.

So who are these people really? Few of us will ever know.

Shaquille O'Neal?  Back in Orlando he used to buy kids' Christmas - lots of $$ spent.  It was really cool stuff.  I always thought he was a straight up guy and never have heard anything negative about him.
Kobe Bryant might disagree.  Same with Barkley at one point.  And he said some rotten things about Yao Ming until Ming schooled him, although Ming was one of the few centers that Shaq gives credit to now.  I also seem to recall stories about him not staying in shape, but looking at his stats, he was a monster for 10-12 years, so I don't know where I got that from?

I think he's incredibly entertaining, but he talked a lot of smack.  Still does.

Users who are viewing this thread