What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Race To The Bottom - Draft the worst team - New crazy scoring project (1 Viewer)

tonato

Footballguy
Hello everyone,

I'm searching for 6 players to fill a 12 teams league where the scoring format is set in a way that having the worst player makes you win the matchup. The league is a redraft league and will have no fees and no winnings in year 1 as I want to be sure that the scoring is playable, but if the first season is successfull and fun, I will certainly add them to have a little incentive for a second season.

I'm searching for GMs who like to test out something new and exotic, while still taking it seriously enough to be competitive ;)

Just hit me up here per PM if you want in, or answer below.

Here are a few further details on the scoring system, there is also a link to the complete scoring system and the league:

The goal of the scoring system is to reward inferior playing time as well as catastrophic plays.

To discourage to start inactive bench players, the scoring system gives positive points to each run attempt, targets and (indirectly) pass attempts.
Positive outcome of plays such as yardage, touchdowns and first downs are generating negative points.
Catastrophic outcomes such as being sacked, interceptions, fumbles are giving a lot of positive points.
(The scoring system can be considered "Half-PPR" as RB only get 1.5 points for a target, while WR/TE/QB get 3 points for each target.)

link to the complete scoring: https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=72836&O=09

Examples:

1y rush: +1 point for the rush attempt AND  -0.1 point for the positive yardage = 0.9 points
10y rush with lost fumble at the end: +1 point for the rush attempt AND -1 point for the positive yardage AND +5 points for the lost fumble = 5.0 points
20y rush TD: +1 point for the rush attempt AND -2 points for the positive yardage AND -6 points for the TD = -7 points

5y first down catch: +3 points for the target AND -0.5 points for the positive yardage AND -1 point for the first down = +1.5 points
20y dropped catch: +3 points for the target = +3.0 points
50y catch: +3 points for the target AND -5.0 points for the yards AND -1 point for the first down = -3 points

QB getting sacked: 2 points
5y pass first down completion: -0.05 points for the yards AND -0.5 for the first down pass = -0.55 points
Incomplete pass: 0.75 points

(QBs get bonus points at the end of the game in function of their pass completion percentage, this was done because some shootout games by elite QB tended to give them too much points in the scoring tests.)
(Rush attempts points are reduced once a RB hits 10 and 20 rushes in a game, as bellcow running backs tended to have too good results in the scoring tests.)

We are now 11, so i'd need a 12th so that I don't have to kick the 11th out of the league. Think of that poor guy and be his savior !

The first year is free, but we plan to have an insentive around 20$ for year 2 if the initial setup works, to pay league fees and have a little price money for the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread