What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many broken bone incidents have you had in your life? (1 Viewer)

Incidents where multiple bones are broken only count as 1.

• None

Votes: 48 35.8%

Votes: 33 24.6%

Votes: 20 14.9%

Votes: 13 9.7%

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 16 11.9%

• Total voters
The pinky toe is more useful than one who has not broken it would believe. That face plant into the hard wood when attempting to plant at practice right after it happening was out of a blooper reel. 

It's my only one though. 

4: broke both my radius and ulna when 8, broke collarbone when I got hit by car at 9, wrist and ankle in separate events in high school.  My adult years have been uneventful so far

ETA: 5, forgot about the ribs a few years ago.  Guess I have done some damage as an adult

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran the anchor leg in an indoor track for a 4x100 relay team. Staying in the inside lane caused a stress fracture in the 2nd metatarsal in my right foot. We still won the race. :Flex:

I kicked a chair three months ago and I'm certain I broke it. But I've been walking it off.

I'm 38 and just broke my first bone last year playing in a competitive basketball league.  Cut around a pick at the top of the key and looked for a leading pass that would take me towards the basket.  Instead, I got a short, way-too-fast pass from the wing, that was BEHIND ME causing me to reach back blindly.  Took the pass directly off the tip of my left ring finger.  Broke two bones, one before and after the last joint on the finger.  I wanted to punch the guy for being such an idiot.

It was a good run.

Not all bone breaks are the same.  If counting everything (specifically fingers and ribs), I'm likely over 10 - rugby is a hell of a game.  If not, 2 - both wrists in separate incidents. 

Not all bone breaks are the same.  If counting everything (specifically fingers and ribs), I'm likely over 10 - rugby is a hell of a game.  If not, 2 - both wrists in separate incidents. 
I certailnly counted fingers & ribs 

I certailnly counted fingers & ribs 
Well, is a simple dislocation a "broken bone incident"?  All my ribs needed were to be wrapped up for a few weeks.  Wrists were much, much different - with multiple surgeries needed for one. 

Arm, collar bone, nose (3 times), a couple of ribs, fingers (at least 4), toes ( no telling).
Nursing a broken pinky toe right now.

First one would have been about 2nd grade, the arm.

Hairline fracture on a bone in my hand in junior high.  Carry the ball and was tackled by a kid with his helmet to my hand.  No cast, just an ace bandage around my hand with a piece of metal in my palm to stabalize it.  That's all I got.

Snapped my ankle Mosies Alou style falling off a tire swing summer before freshman year in HS. Told everybody I broke it playing football. Then as soon as that healed broke my pinky actually playing football.

Kicking a Black and Decker fold up work bench the night before my Alaska Cruise and breaking my pinky toe stands out as the dumbest and worst timed incident to date. The rest pale in comparison.

I broke my right pinkie finger playing intramural football 25+ years ago when I was in college.

Last year I broke my left pinkie finger playing football at Father/Son day at school.

Two broken bones. Both pinkie fingers. That's all.

If we're talking strictly broken bone incidents, I've had 4 medically diagnosed incidents.  2 playing sandlot football, and 2 playing soccer.  One of the soccer injuries was pretty severe, when i was in high school - a very badly broken ankle that took like 9 months for full recovery.

If you're counting dislocations without an actual bone break, that number shoots up drastically.

50 - zero. 

I'm worried that the universe is saving it all up for one time. 

On a side note, I hadn't had stitches until about 5 years ago. 

No real broken bones. Several broken noses and i was one of those basketball guys who microfractured their 5th metatarsal regularly, but that's it

Got a boxer's break on my left hand in my early 30's after punching the mat under the goal when I missed a layup in a pickup game.  The mat wasn't as soft as I anticipated.

Only broken bone in my life.

I have not had any officially diagnosed broken bones but I have no doubt I might have a couple fractures.  I have torn my Achilles and the labrum in my shoulder - both of which required surgery. 

Once. 100 MPH head on collision (we were both doing 50), pre air bag. Broke both my legs and my right arm. And honestly, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. 

Are we counting minor things like fingers, toes, and noses?  Noses are really just cartilage.
I counted noses and toes.  When the doc says it's a broken nose, it counts.
If I can't count my broken pinky toe, that's just wrong.  That damn thing hurts!

Crushed right hand under a garage door at 4, casting and wires

Broken nose and checkbone at 5

Broken fingers sailing, all of them, some several times, from 8 to 22.

Broken toes, who can count.

Tib/fib fracture at 15.

Broken patella at 12

Tib fib at 19

Four ribs and clavical at 20.

Femur, tib fib, radius and ulna and pelvis at 27.

two ribs at 29

Femur at 59.

I have pins in my ankle and wrist, a plate on my pelvis, an artificial knee and a plate on my palate. 

The pinky toe is more useful than one who has not broken it would believe. That face plant into the hard wood when attempting to plant at practice right after it happening was out of a blooper reel. 

It's my only one though. 
One broken pinky toe and two broken fingers and I agree with @MAC_32 1000%

Thumb knuckle during freshman football had to have been broken but never got it x-rayed.    

Compression fracture of the L1 vertebrae at 19.  

Collarbone at 24 mountain biking.  I had a whiteout just after crashing (concussion?  pain?) and I knew it was messed up but the shock didn't let the pain kick in until I was actually diagnosed.  

Various fingers and toes are likely but never diagnosed.  

I fractured an ankle once, but it felt just like a sprained ankle.  Didn't know until they did an x-ray and honestly they treated it the same way as a sprained ankle, so I can't count that...  Won't count broken pinky toes since everyone has done that a number of times in their lives... 

The only actual broken bone incident I can really claim happened a few years ago.  I had to move some stuff around in our crawl space. We had a cat at the time that figured out how to get in there and pissed in the middle of the plastic vapor barrier over the floor.  I mopped it up and then went into the crawl space.  This crawl space is high enough that you can move around in there without "crawling", just have to either be on you knees or squatted down. There is a big I-Beam in the middle of the floor above the crawl space for support that you have to stoop down even more to get under.  I was going under this I beam when my right foot hit the freshly wet plastic. I did a complete splits.  I swear things bounced off the ground that I couldn't believe.  I fell backwards to try and prevent tearing groin muscles, etc.  I reached back with my right hand and managed to snap my thumb in the fall.  

So I guess, 1. While falling on mopped up cat pee in a crawl space while doing complete splits.

Femur (shattered), collarbone, left hand.  All separate incidents.
Something about a broken collarbone makes me want to throw up.  Don't know why, but that gives me the heeby jeebies.  I don't like anyone touching my collarbone.  I remember as kids, people would go around and try to grab under your collarbone.  Just typing that made me want to throw up.  I told people if they touched my collarbone, I'd throw haymakers at them, whether they were an enemy or my best friend.  A good friend tested my theory and I threw two punches: one missed and one was a glancing blow to the side of his head.  

All this talk about it is making me queasy.

I fractured an ankle once, but it felt just like a sprained ankle.  Didn't know until they did an x-ray and honestly they treated it the same way as a sprained ankle, so I can't count that...  Won't count broken pinky toes since everyone has done that a number of times in their lives... 

The only actual broken bone incident I can really claim happened a few years ago.  I had to move some stuff around in our crawl space. We had a cat at the time that figured out how to get in there and pissed in the middle of the plastic vapor barrier over the floor.  I mopped it up and then went into the crawl space.  This crawl space is high enough that you can move around in there without "crawling", just have to either be on you knees or squatted down. There is a big I-Beam in the middle of the floor above the crawl space for support that you have to stoop down even more to get under.  I was going under this I beam when my right foot hit the freshly wet plastic. I did a complete splits.  I swear things bounced off the ground that I couldn't believe.  I fell backwards to try and prevent tearing groin muscles, etc.  I reached back with my right hand and managed to snap my thumb in the fall.  

So I guess, 1. While falling on mopped up cat pee in a crawl space while doing complete splits.
You got lucky with your ankle.  Almost everyone I know who has broken their ankle needed surgery.  When I broke mine, the doctor was like, "You'll most likely need surgery."  Then after the X-ray he said I was lucky that I didn't.  

I'm not an expert or anything, but just from my limited knowledge, I'd say you lucked out on your ankle.

On the flip side, as a teenager, I sprained my ankle playing basketball and when I went to the ER the doctor told me I would have been better off if it broke.  My leg was purple from the middle of my foot up just above my knee.  Was on crutches for probably 8 weeks.  Lots of damage that wasn't the bone.

Holy crap -- I'm surprised at the #s in the poll. 

Played everything all my life.  Dove around pretty good.  Lots of collisions.  Didn't do a ton of stupid stuff as a kid, but probably my share.  Zero broken bones.

Tried to hold up a 55 gallon drum of chlorine as it was falling. My ring finger broke the fall so no spills - yay! 

3 times broke arm.  Didn't count 3 broken ribs & an assortment of broken toes.

I do not land well.

"Real" bones, five - ankle, both patellas and parts of both legs at once, wrist, arm, hip joint.  But I think I've broken every finger in both hands, six or seven of my toes, and several carpals/metacarpals and tarsals/metatarsals. 

Users who are viewing this thread