What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (3 Viewers)

Hurts as an Astros fan but nothing but respect for the Nats.  They were resilient throughout the playoffs and always seemed to come alive in late innings.

And as much as I'd normally hate a guy like Soto, I find him hilarious.  Amazing what he's accomplished at such a young age.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, Catcher (Gomes?) Put strike 3 in his back pocket.  Look for it on eBay soon.

Hurts as an Astros fan but nothing but respect for the Nats.  They were resilient throughout the playoffs and always seemed to come alive in late innings.

And as much as I'd normally hate a guy like Soto, I find him hilarious.  Amazing what he's accomplished at such a young age.  
Yeah Soto is odd. He does stuff that should be annoying (that weird crouch thing, the constant joking, the carrying the bat) but it comes across as endearing. 

Normally don't watch baseball but this was a great series, thought Nats were done after game 5.

On a side note, looks like Astro's fan that place the HUGE wager(s) on Astro is out a a ton of money.....Millions.

Normally don't watch baseball but this was a great series, thought Nats were done after game 5.

On a side note, looks like Astro's fan that place the HUGE wager(s) on Astro is out a a ton of money.....Millions.
:lmao:   are you serious with the second paragraph? If so, MATTRESSES!

Had a sizeable wager myself $20 on Nats to win @ 50-1

Seemed like their were a couple of points in Strasburg career where it really could have went another direction.  Good for him reaching the mountain top.

Congrats to both teams (especially for the winners) on a great season an series. 

Still can't get my brain to grasp the 'Stros in the AL. 

When I was five years old I bought a necklace to mimic Doc Gooden. 

Been around for years. 
Thanks. I guess I’m mistaken.

I could’ve sworn batters and pitchers weren’t allowed to wear shiny stuff as it can be distracting. 

Maybe I’m thinking of a different sport or it could’ve just been my stepfather #####ing and moaning about it back in the 80s.

Thanks. I guess I’m mistaken.

I could’ve sworn batters and pitchers weren’t allowed to wear shiny stuff as it can be distracting. 

Maybe I’m thinking of a different sport or it could’ve just been my stepfather #####ing and moaning about it back in the 80s.

You can't in little league etc.... no idea when if MLB allowed it

Great take by Gerrit Cole - shows up for post-game interview wearing a hat with Scott Boras' logo and starts the interview, "I'm not an employee of the team" then answers questions "as a representative of myself." I had no idea he was such a ####.

Great take by Gerrit Cole - shows up for post-game interview wearing a hat with Scott Boras' logo and starts the interview, "I'm not an employee of the team" then answers questions "as a representative of myself." I had no idea he was such a ####.
I missed this.  Pissed because they didn't let him pitch?

Is this for real? 

So didn't watch last night.  Kind of knew what the outcome was going to be anyway, so no real surprise.  Yesterday, my pops went in for a normal check up and they thought they found something in his heart.  He went to the hospital and had some tests run.  After a couple of stressful hours, it turned out it was a false alarm.  

Again, another example of where I kind of felt stupid all those years praying for my teams to win and getting upset for days after a loss.  And I'm not condemning anyone else with this statement other than my former self, but for all of my life I let sports dictate how I felt.  Whether as a player or as a fan.  About 5 years ago, I slowly started to realize that I had so much in life to be happy about that sports, while still important to me, really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  

So last night, I set the DVR to record the game and watched The Office with my wife and daughter.  When I woke up this morning to find out my Astros had lost, I simply deleted the recording and went on with my life.  Sure, slightly sad.  But happy for what I have.  

I'm happy for DC fans that get to experience their first win.  I remember it in 2008 and 2017 and 2018.  Those wins felt magical.  And I'm glad others get to experience that feeling.  Enjoy it and cherish it.  Include your family in it.  Make it a memory that they'll have forever, not just for the sports side of it.  

I'm proud of the Astros and all they accomplished.  It's not easy to win championships.  And I can't wait for Spring Training just a couple of months away.  Now, onto college basketball where my team is guaranteed to break my heart every year. I still have nightmares of Kenyon Martin breaking his leg in the conference tournament.   :lol:   

Dude is just odd normally.  

Wow.  That's a huge **** move, if true.  Kind of lose some respect for him if that's a true story.

If that's true and in context correctly, some guys you just don't mind hanging the loss on. 

I think, labor/capital issues aside, people can agree that's a little bit cynical regarding the whole thing.  

If that's true and in context correctly, some guys you just don't mind hanging the loss on. 

I think, labor/capital issues aside, people can agree that's a little bit cynical regarding the whole thing.  
The thing is, just wait until tomorrow.  It's not like he needs to advertise his services.  And if we really want to get into it (not you and I, but me and Cole), if he would've pitched well in Game 1, Houston would've won the WS.  

So didn't watch last night.  Kind of knew what the outcome was going to be anyway, so no real surprise.  Yesterday, my pops went in for a normal check up and they thought they found something in his heart.  He went to the hospital and had some tests run.  After a couple of stressful hours, it turned out it was a false alarm.  

Again, another example of where I kind of felt stupid all those years praying for my teams to win and getting upset for days after a loss.  And I'm not condemning anyone else with this statement other than my former self, but for all of my life I let sports dictate how I felt.  Whether as a player or as a fan.  About 5 years ago, I slowly started to realize that I had so much in life to be happy about that sports, while still important to me, really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  

So last night, I set the DVR to record the game and watched The Office with my wife and daughter.  When I woke up this morning to find out my Astros had lost, I simply deleted the recording and went on with my life.  Sure, slightly sad.  But happy for what I have.  

I'm happy for DC fans that get to experience their first win.  I remember it in 2008 and 2017 and 2018.  Those wins felt magical.  And I'm glad others get to experience that feeling.  Enjoy it and cherish it.  Include your family in it.  Make it a memory that they'll have forever, not just for the sports side of it.  

I'm proud of the Astros and all they accomplished.  It's not easy to win championships.  And I can't wait for Spring Training just a couple of months away.  Now, onto college basketball where my team is guaranteed to break my heart every year. I still have nightmares of Kenyon Martin breaking his leg in the conference tournament.   :lol:   
I was like this regarding sports when I was younger.  When you get a older, I think the big picture comes into focus a bit better.  Its entertainment and should have no impact on how you view yourself in terms of your own happiness or outlook on life.  Last season, the Packers were 6-9-1. The last game I attended, they lost to the Cardinals and fired their coach while I was still driving home.  In the last game, they lost to the Lions at Lambeau 31-0.  I was entertained. They could win the Super Bowl this year and I don't think it would be any more or less entertaining for me than last season was.  The spectacle of it all is what drives the entertainment value.

Users who are viewing this thread