What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] : Brian Hill, RB - Atlanta Falcons (1 Viewer)

I don’t get it. Dude is a third string bum that killed me last week. Sat him for Mixon and it cost me. I don’t get the justification for this ranking.

Had the volume. One TD called back and another vultured. Let's see what he does this week against Tampa. Not expecting the yards, but maybe opportunities for TDs.

I don’t get it. Dude is a third string bum that killed me last week. Sat him for Mixon and it cost me. I don’t get the justification for this ranking.
This.  Last week we were excited only because we all thought he was gonna get pretty much every touch and that wasn't even the case.  Fool me once.  Plus it's TB run D.

Last edited by a moderator:
This.  Last week we were excited only because we all thought he was gonna get pretty much every touch and that wasn't even the case.  Fool me once.  Plus it's TB run D.
Yeah I forgot to say against TB on top of it all. What the hell is he thinking?

It's got to be TD and volume based. Expecting a lot of points with chances for short yardage TDs. 

It's got to be TD and volume based. Expecting a lot of points with chances for short yardage TDs. 
I think that Ollison is the short yardage dude though. Am I wrong about that? Seemed like he was the one in there a lot in those situations until one of the final drives Hill got it.

Brian Hill rushed nine times for 14 yards in the Falcons' Week 12 loss to the Bucs.

Hill lost even more snaps to rookie Qadree Ollison this week (8 carries), including another goal-line carry that Ollison converted for a touchdown. Hill has now turned 24 carries in 44 yards in Devonta Freeman's absence and is really testing the "running backs don't matter" theory. It's unclear if Freeman will miss another game, but Hill isn't a recommended flex play against the Saints next week even if Freeman is out again.

ESPN's Vaughn McClure believes Brian Hill "looks like the guy most capable of carrying the load if Todd Gurley's body doesn't hold up."

Gurley has featured some sort of limp in training camp but still projects for a 15-20 touch role in Atlanta for as long as he can handle it. Behind him, it's a battle. Hill seems to be the No. 2 back behind Gurley and the player deep leagues should monitor, but Ito Smith and Qadree Ollison will have something to say about that.

RELATED: 

Ito Smith

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Sep 2, 2020, 3:14 PM ET

HIll dynasty owner - music to my ears. Not wishing Mr Gurley any harm, but should that knee start troubling him I will definitely hope he addresses it surgically. ;)  

Falcons head coach Brian Hill said RB Brian Hill has earned more playing time with his performance in practices.

Quinn said Hill, entering his fourth season, "has taken a jump in the pecking order," per Atlanta beat writer William McFadden. This is in line with previous reporting that Hill has stood out among the running backs behind Todd Gurley. Hill flopped in two starts last year, gaining 44 yards on 24 rushing attempts. But if he's next up in the Atlanta backfield, he's worth rostering as a deep bench stash. Hill dominating touches in Gurley's absence remains unlikely though. 

SOURCE: William McFadden on Twitter 

Sep 7, 2020, 10:37 AM ET

Post hype sleeper. Still have some dynasty shares and I want more. 

Gurley will need maintenance at minimum if knee reports are accurate. 

Someone in my keeper league dropped him before last week.

If this past Sunday is any indication, Hill may be getting a fair amount of touches even if Gurley is healthy (for now). And considering Ryan is likely to continue to throw the ball a ton, there may be some stand alone PPR value. 

Thoughts on Hill for this year and beyond?

Someone in my keeper league dropped him before last week.

If this past Sunday is any indication, Hill may be getting a fair amount of touches even if Gurley is healthy (for now). And considering Ryan is likely to continue to throw the ball a ton, there may be some stand alone PPR value. 

Thoughts on Hill for this year and beyond?
Can't believe there isn't more hype.

Guy looks electric, so much better than Gurley

Can't believe there isn't more hype.

Guy looks electric, so much better than Gurley
Meh.

He's a solid complimentary back. He flopped HARD with his chance last year as the guy.

Gurley's nearing the end of his career so many will look and perform better. But Gurley's gong nowhere if healthy.

Meh.

He's a solid complimentary back. He flopped HARD with his chance last year as the guy.

Gurley's nearing the end of his career so many will look and perform better. But Gurley's gong nowhere if healthy.
Different player this year. Looked better in camp and is looking better than last year. I am shaking in my boots if I have Gurley on my team. 

Meh.

Different player this year. Looked better in camp and is looking better than last year. I am shaking in my boots if I have Gurley on my team. 
Agreed - earlier this year, some might have said the same thing about Gaskin flopping last year. Sometimes guys get better and coaches recognize it.

Brian Hill rushed 11 times for 55 yards in the Falcons' Week 8 win over the Falcons, adding two receptions for nine additional yards. 

The 13 touches were a new season high for Hill on an evening where he got some extended first half run as the Falcons seemed displeased with Todd Gurley. Hill out-rushed Gurley 55-46 despite handling seven fewer carries. Gurley was not targeted in the passing game this evening, and made another late-game mistake when he went out of bounds as the Falcons attempted to kill the clock. Hill, who has now handled 10-plus touches in 2-of-3 games, could see his increased recent usage become the norm. The Broncos are on tap for Week 9. 

Oct 30, 2020, 12:17 AM ET

Whelp. it's now or never for Mr. Hill. In two starting opportunities late last season (with Freeman injured), he went 44 yards on 24 rushing attempts. Yikes.

However, all reports since camp have been glowing, including from the head coach, who believes that he is a "new man" this year. Additionally, he has been working to improve his pass-catching abilities, which, apparently, have been quite successful.

Sunday will tell the tale. Personally, I'm in.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/brian-hill-looks-night-and-day-better-entering-2020-season

Whelp. it's now or never for Mr. Hill. In two starting opportunities late last season (with Freeman injured), he went 44 yards on 24 rushing attempts. Yikes.

However, all reports since camp have been glowing, including from the head coach, who believes that he is a "new man" this year. Additionally, he has been working to improve his pass-catching abilities, which, apparently, have been quite successful.

Sunday will tell the tale. Personally, I'm in.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/brian-hill-looks-night-and-day-better-entering-2020-season
The matchup is there vs LV that's for sure. Everyone has run well against that run D.

Debating Hill in the flex vs the likes of Gio, Mostert, Gaskin.

I wouldn’t read anything into a couple of weak games last season. More importantly, Hill could turn out to be a multiple week play with Todd Gurley down. The Fantasy Docs said that Gurley’s injury could be similar (in fairness they did not give a definitive answer) to Nick Chubb’s that kept him out for multiple weeks. If that is the case would they even bother bringing Gurley back this season? Hill will have value on volume alone.

Hill is a great addition to my team. I have to set out two or three trash bags tomorrow.

Chris Carson (Q)*   
Robert Mostert (IR-R)   
Nyheim Hines   
Brian Hill   
Jamal Williams   
Chase Edmonds   
Lactavious Murray   

Incredibly enough, 80% chance I’ll lock up a playoff berth this week.

*in perpetuity 

Brian Hill is a perfectly capable back. He has been getting work every single week, nobody has to guess what he’ll be. One cut, runs downhill. Give him a runway and he has another gear. Won’t jump cut out of a bad play, likely to run into his lineman’s back if there’s nothing there. When there’s a crease he will burst through to the second level, if the LBs are pressing he’ll get to the third level in a heartbeat. Won’t juke that third level DB out of his jock but if he catches a guy leaning the wrong way he’s gone. He’s no Kamara but they throw him passes every week for a reason. Solid 3-down back.

There are lots of good but not great/special backs in the NFL and in the right situation they’ll rack of FF points based on volume, scheme and opportunity.

Started him over Gallman because of the supposedly easy matchup. Boy was I wrong. Didn't see the game because it wasn't featured in my area so interested to hear if he is droppable or not from people who watched it.

Started him over Gallman because of the supposedly easy matchup. Boy was I wrong. Didn't see the game because it wasn't featured in my area so interested to hear if he is droppable or not from people who watched it.
Ignore the final score, the ATL offense didn't look good. LV turnovers gave them short fields and ATL defensive scores. Ito was also way more involved toward the end of the game, getting the final TD.

ATL offense is hard to really trust. Gurley's value was due to his volume and goaline work. That role looks like its split between Hill and Smith so both are going to be unreliable.

Brian Hill rushed 13 times for 55 yards in the Falcons' Week 12 win over the Raiders.

Hill got the start in place of an injured Todd Gurley (knee) but was doing nothing with his carries and started losing work to Ito Smith in the second half. Smith ended up out-touching Hill 16-13, rushing 12 times for 65 yards and a late eight-yard touchdown while also catching four passes for 10 yards on five targets. Hill was targeted just once and didn't catch his. Overall, Hill flopped badly in his spot start, just as he did last year when given chances as the Falcons' lead back. Hill just isn't very good at football.

- Rotoworld

Brian Hill rushed 13 times for 55 yards in the Falcons' Week 12 win over the Raiders.

Hill got the start in place of an injured Todd Gurley (knee) but was doing nothing with his carries and started losing work to Ito Smith in the second half. Smith ended up out-touching Hill 16-13, rushing 12 times for 65 yards and a late eight-yard touchdown while also catching four passes for 10 yards on five targets. Hill was targeted just once and didn't catch his. Overall, Hill flopped badly in his spot start, just as he did last year when given chances as the Falcons' lead back. Hill just isn't very good at football.

- Rotoworld
Oof.

Sounds like the Rotoworld writer started him too.

Oof.

Sounds like the Rotoworld writer started him too.
There are a lot of sore feelings from last year... and Hill has been a tease. He gets lots of chances but can't separate from any of the other RBs. He's one of those guys who seems to excel as long as he doesn't get too muck work.

Titans signed RB Brian Hill, formerly of the Falcons.

Hill is coming off a career year in Atlanta. With Todd Gurley eroding in real time, Hill was given 100 carries on the year and ran for 465 yards plus a lone touchdown. He also posted 25 receptions for 199 yards despite starting just one game. Hill has the potential to be Derrick Henry's direct backup if he can surpass former third-round pick Darrynton Evans. As a rookie, Evans only appeared in five games and saw just 14 carries. Hill is now worth a shot in the final rounds of deep leagues based on his chance at gaining a massive role if anything were to happen to Henry. He'll spend most of his time on the bench as long as Henry is healthy, though.

RELATED: 

Derrick Henry

, Darrynton Evans

May 5, 2021, 5:15 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread