What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$110 SALARY CAP LEAGUE - needs 1 LAST owner (1 Viewer)

foursport

Footballguy
I have done one of these for a few years now (old Sporting News years ago and other sites more recently) - never do that well but I am always intrigued by them even though they pay somewhat poorly.  FOR EXAMPLE - a 12 team $29.95 league takes in $359.40 but only pay out $145 in league prizes and roll some up into overall prizes.  If you are like me - you know the overall prizes are a crapshoot and the true return on investment comes from simply wining a lot of single 12 team leagues.  With only 41% of the league fees going towards league prizes - this is NOT where I want to play anymore.

WE ARE AT 11 TEAMS SIGNED UP - NEED ONE LAST OWNER!

So I am going to start my own 12 team salary league - cost will be $110 with  $100 going into the prize pool. That's 91%!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE LEAGUE ON MFL - if you like what you see and want in - post here or use the "email commissioner link on the MFL site - THANKS

Here's the league structure - brand new annual league - takes some effort and planning!.

• 12 teams - have 11 already - looking for 1 more!
  • Head to Head for 13 weeks - 3 divisions of 4 - play within division 2x and 7 other teams 1x.
  • 34 players to a roster - 22 would be active with 12 taxi squad players - ALL PLAYERS AVAILABLE TO ALL TEAMS!
  • Active roster would be 3 QBs / 5 RBs / 5 WRs / 2 TEs / 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 3 Ks  and 2 DTs/STs - taxi squad is any 12 players you want for bye week purposes etc.
  • All NFL players would have assigned salaries that would stay the same for the entire year
  • Your starting lineup cannot exceed $60,000 - only starters count towards your cap as you can put whoever you want on your taxi squad.
  • You will be able to make 16 free agent claims for the entire season - once you use all 16, you are stuck with your team at that point for the remainder of the year.  There is NO extra cost to get these players.
  • We will use Victory Points for this league - 2 points for a win / 0 for a loss PLUS 2 points for the top 4 scores / 1 point for the middle 4 scores and no points for the bottom 4.
  • Teams will make the playoffs and be seeded based first on Victory Points and then W/L followed by total points for if need be - DIVISION WINNERS ALWAYS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NO MATTER VP.
  • All division winners get $100 then we pay $400 / $250 / $175 and $75 to 1st through 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread